All Comments on 'Grief'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 775 Comments (Page 3)
retmstrretmstralmost 9 years ago
*****

Thanks. Having lost the mother of my six children and youngest son this tale did more than put a lump in my throat. Cheers!

checkaho013checkaho013almost 9 years ago
Right

Do u have any idea how much ur eyes burn after a story like this? 780 stars

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
First, My Negative Thoughts

Okay, they weren’t cheating YET, but when confronted with the evidence of how her relationship with Tullos was APPROACHING inappropriate, she should have cooled it.

Yes, he was wrong to let his pride get in the way, but she should have found some other than TULLOS to deal with it! A girlfriend, a relative, a clergy person, ANYONE but the guy your husband already has suspicions about!

"He's not doing anything, John. All I hear is that he filed this motion or that motion”

What else can he do? He can’t make the HOA complaint go away by strength of will!

And it’s not Ray’s fault that HE doesn’t know anyone at a TV station, and why wasn’t HE included on the interview? Two anguished parents is AT LEAST as powerful as one, if anything their case may be weakened by questions about why the other parent isn’t there. And to have her “friend” there?

If the repercussions of the interview didn’t wake her up enough to tell John to back off and let her deal with her family issues without his interference, then there is no hope.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Now, On A Different Note

I had to fight through my tears to get to the end.

I DID think that the paper was going to be SOMETHING to keep them together, the idea that it would be some sort of a "dying wish" somehow never occurred to me.

Five SOLID stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
women do not know how to love men

this story proves this....her pain her sorrow, the dad is a rock for her to bash....no woman knows how to love a decent man, that we feel that we cry that loyalty is everything,,,,she betrayed his daughters memory......she fucked that doctor emotionally......take away sex what did she do for his pain?

men might be simple but we still try to fix and love in the middle of hell.....what did she do for him for them?

a womans point of view is she is just human so she can fuck over her husband , but he has to man up, women cant love men, they are just emotionally retarded.

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
To the last commenter: This story was about a COUPLE in pain, not just him.

They were BOTH dealing with the pain of the daughter dying, and they were BOTH having emotional affairs. He was hurting her just as much as she was hurting him. She was not the bad guy in this scenario. Cancer was the bad guy. That mixed with a couple's inability to cope with the grief is what damaged this relationship. They BOTH betrayed their daughter's memory.

Don't look at her affairs and exclude his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
THANK YOU, IT TOUCHED MY SOUL

Harry inVA's Witness

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a fantastic story

Really an amazing journey. Thank you for writing this!

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 9 years ago
What can I say?

In reality, what can I say? One of the very few fives that I ever give out.

There is a lot of real crap written on this site. I admit that I have written some of them. Unfortunately, I have read more than my fair share. But this story, this fascinating insight into what it really means to be human deserves to be printed someplace much more worthy than here.

It is not very often that I cannot finish the entire story in one sitting. Reading this took me four. While I have not experienced exactly the same things that occurred in the story, I did lose a child at a very young age. And I know the children with handicaps, cancer, or other medical problems are, in the final analysis, since here by God to show us worthless mortals how to love.

This is a story that will be with me for quite a while! All I can say is "Thank you, Oshaw, for writing this! It truly touched my heart."

Yours with much respect,

Chagrined

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WOW

THE BEST STORY ON THIS SITE! Incredibly realistic and even more incredibly well written!

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good writing

I enjoy a sorta-kinda happy ending (hey, a real happy ending would hvave had the daughter survive). But this one didn't quite ring true.

The anger over losing a child is overwhelming, blinding, white hot (yeah, been there, got the tee-shirt I never wanted). It's difficult to describe how it can take over.

Even though the wife did not deliberately try to injure or diminish her husband, I don't believe his ever forgiving her. Not to say she did/didn't deserve forgiveness or understanding. But there are times when, as Will Munny says, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

We all like to believe we could be that strong. Or that someone could be. But when it was time for his little angel to fly, and it hit him that this is forever, I don't think he would have ever reconciled with his wife.

I'm also not saying that their splitting up would have been the "best" thing. Or even a "good" thing. Just an inevitable thing -- like an avalanche once the snow begins to slide.

But 5 stars anyway for a great read that brought back a lot of sadness and memories for me. The bitterness and anger has been lost over the decades, but the tears can still flow when I remember my own little angel, and wonder about the woman she would have grown into.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent emotional story, well done

Will give 5* but just a little positive criticism.

Your narrative writing is very good but I think you need to improve your dialogue; it is a little stilted and forced. Otherwise a cracking and emotional story with a powerful and fulfilling ending. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic story of love, crushing news for child, falling out of love and then....

i know friends that have had parts of this happen to them, not exactly but you can understand how things happen to families and wonder how they cope. I was glad that this had a happy ending I guess for all but John. Karen had two loves but got her Doctor in the end, good for her. One thing I could not understand was how the child could have been 18, I guess I missed something in there on how old the twins were. Anyway great story and I hope you continue with the alphabet stories.

Best Wishes, The Louisiana Cajun from Baton Rouge

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
What a tear jerker!

But that is quite alright. It has all the elements of a LW story that I like, the temptation, the conflict, and then the reparation. From the few comments I read, it seems like most feel as I do that this was a hit, and I'm preparing to go back and read your other submissions starting with your first LW submission.

5 *'s only because I can't give it 25.

rnebularrnebularover 8 years ago
Very emotional and captivating

I was emotionally tied to them, felt the same pain and constant regret they did. I truly believe that a great author not only writes a good story, but that the reader actually feels a connection. As a parent myself my heart went out to them and yes I was upset a little when the two were making mistakes to drift apart. There were a few dialogs that felt a little "text book" stiff, but no other complaints from me.

Bravo on a very well written tale and I look forward to reading your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A rare 5 star.

a rare 5 star story for me. yes there are probs, their weird sexual loyalty, it shoud have pushed away their platonic lovers obviously, who hung on for an unbelievable time n then such a quick reconciliation. these are some loose holes but what the hell. its still 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful dream of a story...

I am one of those whose marriage did not survive the loss of our only child. Of course,that was probably due to that lack of communication mentioned in other comments. It took a few years for our divorce to happen, but my first wife turned to another man for the attention I had began to withhold from the relationship. I had become an emotional recluse, and buried myself in work and other activities that kept me away. Several years later, I met another woman and gave her the love I had once only felt for my 1st wife. No...I did not cheat sexually until after the divorce. I couldn't stoop to my wife's level...could I? Thus the final and painful parting. Isn't it funny how people deal with grief so differently? Neither one of us deserved what happened to our marriage but both of us contributed to it's failure. I look back now after 35 years with my 2nd wife, and I realize that men and women just cannot communicate well, especially when it comes to their thoughts and feelings. Oh, we think we do at times. But we are indeed, "Strangers in a strange land" (Robert Heinlein). Lot's of us can identify with this story in some way, I am sure. That's because we all have known pain and sadness in our life. This is a most wonderful tale because this couple found their way back to their love and a happy marriage. Oh please, forget the comments about their cheating each other by turning to others for emotional comfort. That is so human, and of course the tool of all seducers. The important thing in this life story is that they returned to each other emotionally and became as one again. Most of us do not have that happen in our lives, though it should. I read the bitterness and sadness expressed by so many under the surface of their comments.

Anyway, in my case, Oshaw, thank you for a great story of what could and probably should happen in a loving marriage after the death of a loved one. Of course, any marital disaster deserves the same ending I think. I mean, if you really love each other? No? Yes? Oh come on readers...bitterness and hate will not make one happy. I know because my first wife is still somewhat bitter that we failed as a couple. How sad that is in so many ways. Of course, we have both remarried and made a different life, but that changes nothing...does it? The memories of those first years sometimes haunt you and make you wonder...what happened? I have only commented because this story brought back memories of the grief I felt at the loss of "MY" beautiful little boy...44 years ago! Thank you all for reading my comment...my own little story?

"OldMarineVet" - Ron Wood

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ANOTHER ONE

that caught me. Thanks KID ,,, Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dust in my room......

I swear there's dust in my room that makes me tear up....

This is tremendously written. I love the style of your writng, oshsw - formal, descriptive, and highly imaginative.

Hats off; you deserve it a thousand times over.

"Me": Holy mother of god I think I cried for a good 5 minutes after reading that part.

You know which part that was....

Was there any doubt about this being 5 stsrs? Hell to the no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm a guy

And I just cried...yep the world can call me a sap...a pansy...whatever..but come on...you'd have to be the coldest bastard on the planet not to get a little choked up by this story...or my sister in law...sorry..had to lighten my mood or I'd end up getting drunk

vazkor13vazkor13over 8 years ago
powerfull

Reread it... again... still one if the most powerfull story here

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wanted to give this a big "5"

Very well written as usual for Oshaw's stories. But this was SO damn depressing that I just can't give it a "5". At the end of the day I'm on a porn site, not a tear jerking site. So please. Write more stories. Just no more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It seems he only deletes your dumbass fag comments dear annony!!

and since you NEVER contribute anything but rage I think he should delete your sorry ass. In fact Lit should bad you completely!!!! BTE!! I gave this a 5 asshole, just to piss you off

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Beautiful story.... Two damned fools came soooo close to destroying their lives.

There are some typos that I wish had been caught before this fine story was posted but I gave it five stars because it deserves every one of them.

What I don't get is how anyone could have what they had and then just forget it and let it slip away without ever thinking back on what they'd had and wanting/trying/fighting like hell to get back there, at all costs.

As for the insensitive ass-wipe who complained about this not being a porn story, he should have had a couple of his nearest and dearest bar buddies jerk off in his oatmeal, so that each creamy protein rich swallow would have slid right down his throat while he was reading the story. He'd probably have enjoyed both more.

dyonysosdyonysosover 8 years ago
@ Anonymous

Man you must be one of the most unsesible assholes around,do you have any idea what loosing a child does to a parent,i lost my eldest daughter some years ago to braintumor,there is not a day i don't think of her,the grief makes you say and do things that you would never do in your normal state but it takes a normal person to understand these things meaning so not you

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Still a solid 5-star, with a couple of VERY minor quibbles.

For those who decry the wife as a "cheater", she didn't really "cheat" anymore than he did!

Having said that, I was disturbed by how she was happy that she had a friend (John) who she could talk too; that SHOULD be her husband!

At the end it was mentioned that the note were attached to the envelopes. The notes would have been placed IN the envelopes which would have then been attached to the balloons (if they weren't already attached!) or the notes would have been attached directly to the balloons.

Again,very minor quibbles, and I'm anxiously awaiting letter "J"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That Angel saw them trough!

What a great story.

AlberothAlberothover 8 years ago
Memories...

Reading this story for the second time the memory of some friends of my mums sprang to mind. When my mum was in hospital giving birth to my little sister, she made friends with a couple who were having their baby at the same time.

They named their little girl Melissa. She was a part of their lives for 6 months before she was taken from them by SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Their family was torn apart. It wasn't gradual like in the story you wove but the effects were just as devastating.

No parent should have to bury their child... but it happens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
An enjoyable read

A great story and a fine ending. I can't find anything to complain about in this effort and encourage the writer to continue his efforts.

FNS269FNS269over 8 years ago
Awesome!

There's is very little to say that has not been said already. Excellent story, well written, very entertaining, and emotional. I can only hope to create such a tale. 5* all the way.

davwoodavwooover 8 years ago
One of the best

Like so many others this is my second reading of this marvellous story. I'm really glad they found each other again after such a harrowing ordeal. The ending was perfectly crafted sad but inspiring that two people finally realised their love was buried deep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Your Characters were Real

So often in the "Loving Wives" category the female character is short-changed and written as a stupid, one sided, two-dimensional characture. Male characters are rendered slightly more three-dimensional, but only slightly. The other glaring hole is the lack of valid reasoning by either sex for entering into an act of infidelity. This story provides a three. Your story is really a study on the metamorphic effects of overwhelming sorrow and horror resulting from their child's disease upon an average marriage. You convincingly portrayed that both partners fail miserably at a time when they need each other most. The self-recriminations and blatant disregard for the other really rings true. Your happy ending might have been a bit contrived, but the story did need a ray of sunshine into the blackness of your character's souls. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good

Its a good story. But you realise that this is a porn site, right?

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
Put tears in my eyes!

Not every story has to have gangbangs, humiliation, and whatnot. This was an excellent story.

javmor79javmor79about 8 years ago
@anon

I think you missed the part about him doing the same thing that she was doing. He had an emotional affair also. They both forgave each other and started fresh.

SLWildeSLWildeabout 8 years ago
Unexpected

I actually cried several times while reading this, and few stories bring me to that level. So well done...I hope you've officially published something by now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice fresh

change to the usual dribble thank you 5

maedhros21maedhros21about 8 years ago
WONDERFUL

This an excellent story about how easy it is to drift away from your spouse when pressure gets great. I cried for the little girl and the picture she drew, then cried once more when the snow fell.....not every loving wife story has to be a break up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
hmmm

If I were Ray I would have jump to the conclusion after the his wife TV stunt and let john inside his home and explain things for his daughter...I would have made a divorce paper ready and have it served on the evening of the funeral day...with infidelity as a reason.. I would not have forgiven her for the humiliation she put me through...by bringing another man in the house the way she did on the TV stunt. Or the repurcussion it leads to him being denied promotion in the office.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Tears for an angel

Magnificent story, one that carries all but the most boorish along with it. Heavy suspense as we root for the couple to remain true to their vows is balanced by the startling joy when they reconcile.

I never found the kind of love shown here, and I have to take it on faith that it exists, but if it really exists, then this story would represent it perfectly.

Thank you for taking grief, transcending it, and bringing joy in behind the vacuum left by the removal of the negativity of the grief. Superbly written, tear-jerking without being maudlin, and leaving us with buoyant hearts. Great job!

I grade it as 5 stars, favorite, and many tears, some of relief and many of joy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow

Loved it.

I knew all along what was going to happen but I'm still sat here typing with tears in my eyes!

A lovely story, wonderfully written.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Never Before

I haven't had tears before from reading a story on Lit.

Darn you.

***** 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Divorce

I would of divorced her as soon as Rachel passed away..

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 8 years ago
Beautiful tale

I've read this several times. I agonize over the stupid decisions they make. But, as written, they are human. The trials and tribulations of humanity spare no one.

re: some of the comments: A lotta egos up in da house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
52 year old ex soldier

think i must have something in my eye

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow

I just found this today and read it straight through I may be a tough old grumpy Marine, but it was a struggle not to cry. So sad and so beautiful and what a great reminder about living life with courage, honesty, and integrity.

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
Simply wow! What a read

I was bored with the current offerings under LW and went thru the top rated list and reread your tale. What a tour de force of emotion inducing prose. I dont know why you stopped writing, but damn we miss your offerings. All the best and thx for sharing your gift.

magma60magma60almost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

One of the better stories I've read. I'll be following OSHAW's work.

SixishSixishalmost 8 years ago
Wow

I have avoided this story for years. My wife and I lost a son to lymphoma, and when I read up to the part of leukemia in Rachel I just went to another story because I knew exactly where this one was going. I finally read it and it truly is a wonderful story and spot on capturing the emotions. Thanks for writing this, the story means a lot to me.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 8 years ago
The best stories

For me, the best stories evoke a strong emotional response. My gut-wrenching reaction to this story tells me that it's the best I've ever read on this site.

5 *****s, but it should be much more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I had to calm down before ...

... I could take the time to write this, even still, I have to stop for a moment to dry my eyes. This story was a combination of great feats: a love story that epitomized 'for better or for worse'; a soul penetrating story of sadness; a tale written in such a manner as to describe feelings so well they could be felt by the reader. There aren't enough stars to award. Well Done!

JR

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 8 years ago
*weeps*... People, including children, die everyday...

and though most people don't glory in that fact, if we don't know them, it's just another fact of life...

But you made us care about Rachel and the pain of her parents...

As I've effectively noted before, using a death by illness is an easy way to rope us in... but it still takes more than just saying "Hey, some kid died of something. So sad."

This was well done...

CynfullyCynfullyalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful work

Erotica story at its best. Very powerful with great twists. I very much appreciate how the author cleans up the loose ends and pulls it all together in the end.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
And . . .

. . . tears came to me as well. What a beautiful and sensitive story. And thank you for a very thoughtful ending. Well written as well. Thank you.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Wow. Still love it. Still a favorite. Still five stars. Emotionally gripping.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
Still and ever one of the best in LW!!!

Still and ever one of the best in LW!!! I have read it various times and always it brings all emotions with the power of a Tsunami wave...5*

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
Small correction

On page three

emasculated - emaciated

Native_blueNative_bluealmost 8 years ago
Very moving!

Brought tears to my eyes. You are a very gifted writer.

bassmaster757bassmaster757almost 8 years ago
Wow....this one moved me

I've never been moved by a story here. This one left me in tears! You have a great story telling gift! This story touched me as I had a friend in the navy who lost a son to drowning at 18 months. The last few paragraphs really hit close to home! Thanks so much for your writing efforts! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very emotional

I was surprised by the emotion I found myself feeling as read deeper into the story. Having none of the events you described occurr in my life I was caught a bit off guard by the emotion. That said, my statement should indicate what I thought about this story.

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
Tears the first time.

The second also.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My God!

Easily a 5*. Wish I could give more.

Extremely beautiful story!

I rarely cry but I wept this morning while reading this and shared it with my wife.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best story!

This is the best story, I've ever read on this site! Absolutely...the BEST!

You've outlined in detail, then told us again, through the ending pages of this story, another way, exactly how this once loving couple, almost lost their marriage. It is a good lesson for all of us long term married people, reading this story, to heed the warnings of!

But, by the end of the story, their sweet little angel, flying very close to the ground, help them save the marriage and to think about the picture she drew for her parents, of the new family, that was to bless the rest of their married lives together!

By the end of this wonderful story, this couple, and this marriage, wins against all odds!

I LIKE that kid of a story, so rare indeed, on this website! Such a refreshing breath of clean air, particularly, for a story that is posted to the "loving wives" cheating spouse story category!

Thank you for the total win-win, this story was to read!

I haven't checked-out your profile yet, to see if you have other stores on this site, but will do that, as soon as I post this comment here! I so hope you have other stories here somewhere, for us to read and they are written as well as this story is!

Thank you so MUCH for the happy ending, with the long term couple enduring, never physically cheating and then salvaging and winning, saving their marriage and being very happy and content together, as a family again, years later! :)

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
tear in my eye

at 69 that is more often but a great ending.

spredmspredmover 7 years ago
Wow

What a Story,,,,WHAT A STORY !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

What RAAC. Kids ask their parents not to divorce all the time so he takes the cheater back because the dead kid had a drawing. She is dead. The time to make her happy was when she was alive. And the husband is stupid enough to knock her up again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. -1

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
The best

The best this author has done. Gripping.

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
third time..

more fucking tears...

DarktezzaDarktezzaover 7 years ago
Powerfull

Incredible. One of the most gripping, powerfull and emotional stories I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
damn!!!!

First comment ever and i have to say, this was an emotional Rollercoaster. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No words can express

No words can express how powerful this short story is. A true masterpiece, worthy of praise from all. This story touched my heart in a way that was so profound, I, thank you author for making this great piece of literature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
OMG

Such a powerful story, so wonderfully written. And yes it made me cry.

The_WatermanThe_Watermanover 7 years ago
Well done

Best damn story on Lit...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for a heartfelt story, I've been there and done most of it. I never got the reunion, forever lost.😥

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Ah, wow.

Well done. What a story. Thanks for sharing.

reader_3634reader_3634over 7 years ago
Great story

It was well written and made me want to keep reading. In addition it captured and shared all the emotions, frailties and pressures of such a heart rending situation. Apart from anything else, one thing that I take from this is Rachel seeming to be wise beyond her years.

Ricco52Ricco52over 7 years ago
great story

You did a great job catching the feeling of grief from the loss. Years ago, my wife and I lost an unborn son, and I don't think there will be a time where I won’t think about who my son would be, and what he would look like. The grief is always there, lingering just under the surface, waiting a missed birthday, holiday, or other milestone to bring it back to the surface.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Thank you

vinylzogvinylzogover 7 years ago
tugs at the heart strings

Well done oshaw. Didn't come to litrotica looking for this type of story, but glad i found it. Got me teary eyed, good character development, nice flow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You

I am glad to have read this story. I, as a Marine, have seen much death and have steeled myself to be hard and hold my feelings intact but... no matter, when it comes to the pain or death of children we all feel the loss of a life not lived and a void in space of the future. This entire story was based on the effects of that void and it rocked me to my very core. Did I choke up a few times, yes. Did I shed a tear, yes.

Did this story allow me to realize that yes these illnesses do happen and affects those close to it, yes very much so. I do thank God that I am alive and my child is healthy to live his life.

Thank you for a very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!

Could have used a bit more character development on his secretary but for the most part everyone was pretty well fleshed out.

This is far and away the most emotional story I've ever read on this site. Deeply personal. The grief is palpable. In a good number of real situations, marriages don't survive. The stress is just too much for the relationship to last. It was wonderful to see our couple see what was good and true about themselves and show such moral fortitude on both their parts. Plain to see that despite their surroundings they knew what they had together was worth fighting for.

I just wish you hadn't made me cry with that stick figure drawing. You kicked me right in the gut you bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
absolutely the best written story

The best by far in a long, long time

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great

its a fact that a simple act or phrase from a child can be immensly powerful, great story.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 7 years ago
WOW

The comment title says it all. ... WOW

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding

Such a powerful and emotional story! It was real, believable and stayed true to the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding Story

Top flight, outstanding story. Captures all the emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
my wife fought cancer 9years before passing away

many parts of this story I can relate to

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 7 years ago
Beautiful.

Nothing more to be said. Five stars, obviously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent

One of the very best stories by this or any author on this or any site

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
Divorce Court

I would of divorced her as-soon-as the funeral was over with...moved to another part of the country or another country altogether leaving no way to contact me. She could have her new man and I would deal with my grief in my own way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
NO QUESTION

You made me cry - ;) Homerun! Fantastic story. Come to a website dedicated to erotica and find one of the most gut-wrenching stories I have ever read.

* * * * * Nothing else would suffice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
READER BEWARE

I did not come here to cry. I applaud your talent in putting into words exactly how grief is felt, but damn it I am an emotional wreck right now. This is one of only two works in this site that have made me weep, feeling the pain of the characters. As much as I want to hate you, I give this story a 10/10.

slm59slm59about 7 years ago
A Wonderful, Heart Breaking Story

I don't know how I came to read this story on this day, and reading it was an emotional roller coaster. My son died 6 years ago today, and my marriage likely would not have survived if my wife and I didn't have three other children to live for. I've been telling myself that it's just another day, but I'm lying to myself. Making the decision to turn off my son's life support is the toughest, most painful decision I will eve have to make. No one can truly know how they would act if their child died, and I pray that you never find out.

The author truly captured the grief of parents trying to hold on while their child slowly died, and I hope it was not inspired by true life events. No parent should ever have to bury their child. For all the hard emotions that surfaced while I read this story, reading it was also cathartic and I thank oshaw for this 5 star gem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damn Good

You did a very good job of showing the struggles of watching your child die. It rips your heart, and your story brought that out very well. The hurt and anger and grief will make you do stupid things. The Christmas and birthday ritual is beautiful. Very good. 10 out of 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nope, Not Me

After burying my baby, I'd contact a divorce lawyer and started the proceedings of divorcing her..sorry Charlie, that's how I'd of done it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
love shines

one of the best stories on this site ! no more remains to be said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Touched

In February, 2010, I lost my daughter to cervical cancer. She was 26. As I read, it appeared you have experienced the damnation of cancer as well. In my case, a single dad that raised my children alone. This is perhaps the best story I've read on LW.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckabout 7 years ago
An Angel

..... I cried ! Nothing else to be said .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have...

12 soaked tissues next to me on the bed...

drdetroit019drdetroit019about 7 years ago
Third time

This was the third time I read this story, and it still causes me to weep uncontrollably.

Thank you for your unbelievably beautiful story.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous