Grieving Time Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay thanks for ringing and telling me Brian. I'll see you next weekend then."

"We'll see how we go Trish. Bye. Oh and before I hang up did I tell you my ex brother-in-law was real trouble with the brutal way he beat Ash and Di with his fists and boots. They still have nightmares about it. He is out on bail from jail now waiting for his trial."

"Yes Brian, I know about him and how they are having trouble coping. Why would you bring that up now?"

"Well, perhaps you can give him another kiss for me, with him sitting right next to you drinking coffee. Goodbye Patricia."

Brian disconnected the call straight after his last statement and sat there watching the couple at the table. The last part said with particular emphasis on the goodbye, hoping she got his intent.

She sat and frowned at her phone for a moment before finger punching the screen a few times. It was obvious when she had called up the messages against my name and saw the last one that had been sent to me and my reply. Martin was sitting there with a bemused expression as he waited for her to finish. Still obviously confused she raised her head to look at Martin and he could see her say something to him. He rolled his head back and let out what was clearly a belly laugh. Shortly after that he faced her and said a few words as he nodded his head keeping a large smile. Their discussion went for a minute and it was clear she was getting angrier as time went on.

Patricia suddenly got to her feet causing her chair to topple backwards. She seemed to be talking very loudly, almost yelling by her posture and gestures. She certainly had the attention of the other patrons. Martin just laughed as she stormed off in a hurry, watching her walk away. Brian wasn't happy about his suspicions, or guess, that Martin had set something up to get back at him. He wasn't happy that his girlfriend had been two timing him, even if she didn't know the malicious intent of the other man. He wasn't even happy that she hadn't liked being used and made to look a fool. The only bright part for Brian was that he hadn't walked in as he had been expected to do. He hadn't given the arsehole the joy of witnessing his embarrassment. It was bad enough that he knew that Brian had found out. Brian remained where he was until Martin had also left the cafe and waited longer to ensure they had both driven away. There was no way he wanted to face either. His pain was personal, and there was no way he wanted the causes of his pain to see the effect they had on him. As he finally drove home he found no solace in that he had a lot of experience with loss.

He was hoping he could be left alone for the rest of the day so he wallow in his self pity. He also knew that would be a forlorn hope. The women in his life would never let him have a bad moment to himself. Somewhere in his mind he knew this was not a bad thing. Some people loved him and wanted the best for him. His last thought was to Jenny just before he pulled into his driveway.

"Dearest Jenny. Life was marvellous with you. Why did you have to leave me?"

~~~~~~

More to come, this seemed a nice point to pause.

Hope you are enjoying this story. I think there might be one more part to go. Have to wait and see if my fingers hit too many keys to be able to finish.

Any helpful feedback and comments appreciated.

Don't feel shy to comment on how brilliant I am. ;)

Voting with lots of stars is always appreciated.

- GfG.

12