Guardian of the Sacred Fire Ch. 09-Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why are you doing this?" I asked quietly.

"I want to share your power. I want our aura's to meld like yours and Adrian's and Midael's. I want that power."

"And rape solves this?" I asked. "You won't know the difference." He said and stood back up. He brought his face close to mine and just stared into my eyes. They gradually became swirling depths of molten gold. It felt like I was falling for an instant and I actually did. The vines let go of me. Oriel caught me and carried me to the flower petal covered bed. His eyes never left mine. I couldn't seem to look away even as he unbuttoned my jeans.

"Be mine Anna." He whispered in my head.

In that moment I wanted to be his. My body ached for his touch. All I wanted was him and him alone. Midael and Adrian didn't matter. Saving the world didn't matter. Just Oriel and I in this moment is what mattered. My body seemed to weigh a ton and yet felt weightless at the same time. I couldn't explain it if you asked me.

I felt Oriel enter me and I cried out. The ruby on my neck began to glow. Oriel snatched it and threw it into the vines. It vanished in an instant. It didn't matter. I wrapped my arms around Oriel's neck and my legs around his waist. When our auras finally melded the air became heavy for just an instant and I snapped back to reality.

Something hit Oriel over the head and he fell off the bed. I glanced over and a tall slender woman was standing next to the bed with a frying pan in her hand.

"Oh Anna." She said. "I never meant for this to happen."

"Drop?" I asked.

"Yes my love." She answered and picked me up. She was stronger than her frail figure made her look. She carried me out to the hall and a spring was there. I tried to concentrate to remember if it was there before. I couldn't remember. She took off my shirt and bra and walked into the water with me. It was warm water. Bathwater warm.

"Drop? Where am I?" I asked.

"This is a piece of my kingdom that I have moved here for us to live while we serve the Guardians. I gave a blood oath to serve all of the Guardians to Dana." She said.

"Dana?"

"The mother of course." She said it like I knew. "You have your God, we have our Goddess." She answered.

"I see." I said as my head started to clear. I began to realize what just happened and hot fresh tears rolled down my cheek. I went to clutch my amulet and just grasped air. "It glowed." I said.

"It's what woke me. You see, it used to be mine. Who has the other?"

"Adrian." I answered. "We found it in the bottom of the pond."

"Then you were meant to find it. Only those worthy of the Amulets of Hope can find them. I thought it was lost a long time ago. I guess it wasn't meant to be mine anymore. If it is truly yours it will return to you." She said. "Let's get you out of here and dressed."

She led me out of the water and took me to a vine covered wall. The vines shuddered and revealed a door. Faeries were flying about like large butterflies. I was awed at their beauty. We walked down another hall and none of them seemed to notice us, or they just ignored us. I suddenly realized I was naked. I wanted to hide.

"Do not hide yourself Anna. Clothes are not natural. You see?" She said and pointed up at the ceiling. I noticed almost all the faeries were naked. She took me into a room and a golden gown was laid across a bed. She went to it and handed it to me. I slipped it on.

"You need to be presentable when you leave here."

"What about my clothes?" I asked.

Faeries flew in with my clothes. I noticed they were ripped in places.

"The vines aren't so nice to humans." She answered.

"I can tell that." I said and slipped on the gown. I went to a mirror and looked at myself. Bruises were blossoming on my arms where the vines had restrained me.

"What do you want us to do to Oriel? We are a kind and gentle people. What he did was an act punishable by death." Drop said and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Unfortunately we need him. He is supposed to summon a demon for us to test a theory I came up with."

"I see." She said.

I looked at her through the mirror. She was staring at her hands.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"I can't apologize enough." She said.

"It's not your place to apologize." I said and went to her. I went my knees in front of her and grasped her hands.

"It is. I raised my son better than that." She said.

"Oriel is your son?"

"They call me the Great Mother because I am queen, but Oriel is my biological son." She answered. "He became an Elder when Sofiel was a Guardian. She was a Guardian of Light and he loved her. He became mad when she died. It couldn't be helped. Age kills most humans.

"How long were they together?" I asked.

"She was 17 when they first met, and 85 when she died. 68 years is long for a human, but a blink for us. He knew that. He tried to find any way to make her immortal. There are spells but they involve the darkest of magic and we are creatures of the earth. We do not use dark magic, it corrupts us."

I sat silent for a second looking into her green eyes. I didn't want to say it out loud, but what if he had used dark magic?

"What exactly is dark magic?" I asked. "How does it corrupt?"

"A lot of things use dark magic. Death, destruction, and even simple things that you wouldn't think. Why do you ask?"

"How about teleporting?"

"Only using mirrors, why?"

He had used dark magic to take me to see my mother. I stood up and went back to the mirror. I touch it and it was cold under my fingertips.

"He did it for me." I said quietly.

"Did what?" Drop asked and got up.

"He took me to see my mother using a mirror." I answered and looked at her.

She stopped and I watched her golden skin actually pale.

"I didn't ask him to do it. I didn't even know he could do it. I'm still new to this life. If I knew what would have happened I would have told him not to." I said.

"Take her back to the door." She said up at the floating faeries near the ceiling. She rushed out of the room and two naked faeries came down to me.

"Follow us." The male said and I did.

Chapter Fifteen: Tortured

I sat in my room alone for once. No one had seen me leave the kitchen. They were all outside still. I thought over what had just happened. Oriel had used magic to bond with me and it was considered rape. But was it my fault that he did it? He had used dark magic to help me and in doing so it had corrupted him.

It was becoming dark outside when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said quietly.

"Dinner is ready." Rhea said as she opened the door. "Oh my god, Anna, what the hell happened?" she said and rushed to the bed. She gently took my arm and looked at the now near black bruises on my arms. There were in ringlets. I had four rings on each arm and one large one across my stomach.

I looked up at her and she suddenly hugged me.

"Who?" she asked.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Why do you think I carry a gun?" she said and looked into my eyes. "Now who was it?" she asked very sternly.

"Oriel, but don't tell anyone. We need him." I said quietly.

"No Anna, Midael needs to hear about this."

"Hear about what?" Midael said and came into the room.

"Nothing." I said quickly. I looked up at Rhea's honey eyes pleadingly.

She shook her head. "Only because I've been through it before." She said quietly.

"What's going on? Anna why do you have bruises?" Midael asked.

"Oriel raped her." Rhea said.

Midael went very still. Oriel and Midael had been friends for centuries. Who would he believe?

"Tell me what happened." Midael said quietly with a voice I had never heard before.

I told him everything. I left out parts of the talk with Drop though. That wasn't my business to tell, but I did tell him about dark magic and that he used it when we saw my mother.

"He used a spell on you." He said and I watched has he made fists. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know if he's back yet." I answered truthfully. "Drop really got him with that frying pan."

"Dinner will be brought up to you if you want it." Midael said and left the room.

"He needed to be told so Oriel can't do it again." She said and followed after Midael.

The next day I was going one on one with Permaz in the arena. We were both dripping in sweat as he came at me with his sword. Even for a short man he was a challenge. He swept me off my feet and I hit the ground on my back. He jumped at me and I caught him with my legs and ended up kicking him quite a distance.

"Enough before you killed this old man." Permaz said breathily.

I got up and went to the small man and helped him to his feet. He was the only one that hadn't asked me about the bruises. I owed him something for that. The rest I just told it was none of their damned business. I hadn't seen Midael at all and was wondering if he found the way into Drop's realm.

Clouds were moving in from the east horizon which I figured out to be Europe and Africa. Adrian came running up towards us.

"Hurricane." He said and Permaz and I followed him back to the mansion. Beast, Bethor, and Cedar were boarding up windows.

"You know if we had a TV we would have known about this a couple of days ago." I said as I put the swords in the Armory shed that was next to the mansion.

"I know." He said. "But who's going to cover cable all the way out here?" Adrian said jokingly.

"Hardy har har." I said.

We went inside and I heard yells from upstairs. Rhea and Anemoi were blocking the staircase.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing." Rhea said.

"Then can I go to my room?" I asked.

"I think Bernael needs you in the study." Anemoi said.

"No he doesn't." I said and tried to make my way past them. Anemoi pushed me back with her wind.

"Don't do that." I said getting angry now.

"Anna, you know very well what going on up there." Bernael said coming down the stairs. "Join me in the study."

I gritted my teeth and followed. Asherah was in there reading a book by the fire that never was put out. "How long has that fire been burning?" I asked suddenly curious.

"23 years." Bernael answered.

"How the hell do you keep a fire burning for 23 years?"

"How do you think we knew that a Guardian of fire would be born?" Bernael asked back.

"What happens if it ever goes out?" I asked.

"I don't know." Bernael said and sat in front of it. "I was told to give you this." He said and held out my ruby amulet. I took it graciously and thanked him. I put it back on and the familiar weight was an instant comfort. "Asherah, can you please leave Anna and me alone?"

"No offense Bernael, but I don't want to be left alone with a guy right now."

"None taken." He said. "I'm sorry for what happened to you Anna. Oriel never showed signs that he was capable of that."

"Any man is capable of anything." I said and sat down. I heard thunder in the distance along with a scream from upstairs.

I looked at Asherah; she was absorbed into her book. I noticed it was Macbeth by Shakespeare. It was a good play. I had read it in high school for a project and bought my own copy because I had loved it.

We sat in silence for a while just listening to the oncoming storm and the men hammer outside. The screams from upstairs were short and far in between. I watched the fire dance in the fireplace.

"I never did thank you for the other night Bernael." I said.

"No thanks needed." He said and got up. He grabbed a bottle of brandy and poured him some. He offered some to me and I turned it down. I'm a whiskey girl. I never liked brandy.

I heard my name being screamed from upstairs suddenly and continuously. I got up and ran to the kitchen. Drop was in there in faerie form. Tears were flowing down her face.

"Help me Drop. Help me help him." I said.

She nodded and landed on my shoulder. I felt warmth spread through my body. "Go now, we can't be seen."

I could still see her and I and I was about to question her when Permaz came into the kitchen. He didn't even acknowledge my existence. I walked out of the kitchen and tiptoed quickly passed Rhea and Anemoi who were whispering quietly to each other. I paused for a second when I heard my name.

"Do you think he even did it?" Anemoi asked. "She doesn't seem too distraught over it."

"Sometimes you have to put out a strong façade even though you are secretly screaming inside." Rhea answered. "Plus he put her under a spell. Even if her body was saying yes, she was probably saying no. Haven't you seen the bruises?"

"Anything could have caused those."

"But what here would cause that type?"

I silently thanked Rhea. I guess she really wasn't such a bitch after all. I started up the stairs when I heard my name screamed again. I went faster and was almost at a near run. All the rooms on the second floor were empty. I never had gone to the third floor. I started my way up the flight of steps when I noticed drops of blood on the marble steps.

"Please hurry." Drop said. I full out ran up the steps. My knee started popping half way up. I never did mention I have bad knees thanks to high school. That's a story for another occasion.

"Don't go up there Anna." Azrael's soft voice came.

"I have to." I answered back to the empty air.

I reached the top of the stairs and listened for the screams. They had stopped for the moment but I could hear talking. It was a language I couldn't understand. I made a left and headed quietly towards the talking. Drop had flown ahead of me. Once she left my shoulder I felt a cold sensation run through me from head to toe like the warmth had done.

I reached an open door and firelight lit up what seemed to be a torture room. Weren't torture rooms supposed to be in the basement?

I stopped dead in my tracks as I walked into a puddle of blood and water. Midael was holding a whip that had blood dripping off of it. I noticed a table next to him with bloodied knives on them. My heart leapt as I made myself look at Oriel. He was naked and hanging on chains. His arms were at an awkward angle that made my shoulders ache with sympathy. His skin was such raw ruin, even his face. Midael was reaching his arm back for another strike and I rushed and grabbed his wrist.

He jerked and looked down at me. Blood was splattered all down him.

"No more." I said.

"He deserves it." Midael said.

"Not this." I said and went to Oriel. His golden eyes looked up at me through the mask of blood.

"Anna, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He said. His voice was raw from screaming.

"Hush." I said and pulled the pins out of the shackles. He slumped to the floor and I went to help him up. He cried out in pain as I put his arm over my shoulder. They weren't dislocated which was good.

"Why are you helping him after what he did? Your bruises aren't even gone yet." Midael said.

"This isn't right Midael. If he were human he would be dead by now." I said softly and began to partially drag Oriel as best I could.

"You're going to hurt him worse." Midael said.

"Then fucking help me." I snapped.

A gurney was sitting near a far wall that I hadn't looked at. He rolled it over to us and helped me put the man on it. I watched as Oriel closed his eyes and grit his teeth.

Drop landed by his head and was whispering to him. I felt the call of magic, very strong magic. I watched in amazement as most of the wounds vanished.

"You used cursed blades!" Drop spat at Midael.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"No you're fucking not." I said and slapped Midael. "Why the hell did you do this?"

"Because I thought it was what you wanted."

"What I wanted? What I-." I put my hand on my forehead and sat down on the floor, not caring that water and blood soaked my jeans. "You don't know me at all Midael. I'm not like that. I'm a human that cares for all living things. Jesus." I said. I rubbed my amulet for comfort. "We need to get him to the medical ward."

"Please take care of my son." Drop said as tears were flowing down her cheeks. She laid her head on the bloody ruin of his chest.

I stood up and nodded. I began to roll the gurney out with Midael at the lead. A loud crack of thunder rolled overhead and I heard rain begin to fall on the roof.

I heard footsteps run towards us. Adrian came into view. "It's a category 5." He said huffing for air. "There won't be anything left."

"Can you get him to the medical ward?" Midael asked.

"Yeah." He answered.

"Come with me Anna." Midael said and took my hand. We ran down the stairs and we reached the parlor fairly quickly.

"We have a problem." Permaz said.

"Yes we do." Midael answered. "We can try to ride it out or we can leave in ten minutes."

"What about Oriel and Adrian?" I asked.

"They will be fine."

"I say we ride it out. The radio always makes it sound worse." Permaz said.

"What are they saying?" I asked. I had never dealt with a hurricane. Give me a tornado and I can tell you what to do and survive without injury, but hurricanes were on my no-no list.

"Fifteen feet swells, winds at 155 miles per hour."

"So it's the maximum. They usually don't get this strong until they reach the gulf." I said. "I remember what Katrina was like back in '05. We have to go. That will entirely wipe out this island; if not completely submerge it for days."

"I heard about it on the news, was it really that bad?" Rhea asked.

"It was worse than the news made it out to be. They were pulling bodies out of the water for days, so many people died because they couldn't get out or they refused to get out. They too were like you Permaz; it couldn't be as bad as they said. Now most of them are dead."

"What is the vote then?" Midael said.

"I'm with Anna, we go." Rhea said.

"Me too." Anemoi said.

"Where will we go?" Permaz asked.

That was the tough question. Where could you put twelve people?

"My family owns a ranch. It's not used anymore, and it needs a lot of work, but if we bunk together, there are seven rooms and three bathrooms. I grew up on it." Rhea said.

"Where?" Bernael asked.

"The Emerald Isle of course." She said.

"Go get what you can carry, and only what you can carry, nothing more." Midael said and I watched everyone scatter. They left us alone in the parlor.

"I'm staying with Oriel and Adrian." I said.

He came up to me. "Why do you care about him after what he did?"

"Because it's my fault. I can't explain it right now and you not be confused. Plus, like you, he wanted power. I know you only sleep with me for the power. Only Adrian stays for the love. So when we get to where we are going, you will bunk with someone else." I walked up the stairs and went to my room. I grabbed a back pack and went to my dresser. I grabbed underwear and clothes to last a week. I went to the bathroom and grabbed shampoo and conditioner with my body wash, along with my toothbrush and paste. The last thing I grabbed were tampons. I am a girl after all and I didn't know if we could make it into a town within the next week when my cycle was due.

I couldn't completely zip my bag when I went down the medical ward. Adrian was stitching up Oriel. The blood was washed away and I could see his golden skin again. He was either passed out or he had his eyes closed.

"Do you want me to get you clothes?" I asked.

"Already packed, I stay packed just in case." He said and nodded his head towards two bags. "I guess Oriel is too. Drop and some other faeries brought them down her for us." He said.

"That's convenient." I said and sat down. "How is he?" I asked and sat down in a chair.

"I gave him a sedative. I have to set his arms, but first I had to stop the bleeding. Midael damn near killed him. If I'd had known that he would have gone that far I would have stopped him." Adrian said.

"I don't blame you." I said. "I blame myself."

"Don't. If Oriel truly had power, even corrupted with dark magic he could have stopped himself. Do not blame yourself." He said while making the last stitch.

1...34567...9