All Comments on 'Guilty Until Proven Innocent Pt. 01'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1about 1 year ago

Love the story, it is really very good. AAAAAA++++++

I enjoy reading you stories.

AlluredAlluredabout 1 year ago

Wow, another knock out. Well Done Sir!!! It's always a pleasure to read your work. Your writing draws the reader in and the feelings generated is awe-inspiring. Please know that when you have the time to write, you definitely have the audience who will enjoy the work.

JiZenJiZenabout 1 year ago

OMG!!! this is so good, can't wait for the next part ***** Thank you so very much for this and all the other as well.

Please keep them coming

other2other1other2other1about 1 year agoAuthor

This got published quicker than I thought, should have part two submitted tomorrow evening.

I read part one two my wife and she desperately wants part two but has asked me to include two small things, which I have agreed.

Thanks all!

NewnotsureNewnotsureabout 1 year ago

Wow I look forward to reading your stories Thank you …..

pepepilotpepepilotabout 1 year ago

As far as this has gone, it appears to be a great story. I am eagerly awaiting Part 2.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

Glad part 2 is being submitted quick. Quite the gripping tale, tragedy, heartbreak, and healing. Part of me wishes the character didn't accept settlements from the various groups that had hurt him (sometimes physically) but I understand thats not what this story is about, its about recovery not revenge. 5 stars.

TexdomTexdomabout 1 year ago

John, another well written piece. Still here if you need me.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 1 year ago

Another great story, as all of yours are. Well thought out and written. Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Totally worthy of 5 stars.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 1 year ago

Great story! Loved how you woven in the Other’s stories. Great read… looking forward to more! Thank-you

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 1 year ago

Great story! Loved how you woven in the Other’s stories. Great read… looking forward to more! Thank-you

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle53about 1 year ago

I have truly enjoyed every one of your stories I have read. Your plots are well crafted and engaging. Please keep sharing your gift with us.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ok I have to state you have done it again. Another tale that earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I gave it.

I loved my time in your country even if it was over 40 years ago. When you mentioned Kings Park, I vividly pictured looking down over Perth from the view by the cannon. I have a picture of me and some mates from the ship I was stationed on taken by the wonderful lady being my tour guide for my time in WA. She was from New Zealand living with her brother both working there in Perth. She was nice enough to volunteer to show some of us around the cities of Fremantle and Perth. I meet her brother and several wonderful people who wanted nothing from us but were being great host for the cities and region.

I have always enjoyed reading your tales/stories they are written well and keep the flow that ties the segment of the series together in a seamless manner. Your tie-in with the Nuclear Family using Robbie and Amy (ALRO) were good for me.

But having Mike/Joel live close to 1770 on the Gold Coast I could envision the sunset from the beach. I saw it back in the early 1980’s. I had witnessed it a month earlier from the deck of a US aircraft carrier anchored in Fremantle. Seeing sunset on both east and west coast was something most people never get to see. Even if it was over a bay in 1770. At the time it made me think of watching the sunset in Clear Water, Fl and San Diego, Ca in the same week the year before. That was when I realized how large Australia was. It is as big as the United States. A real awaking for a 22 year old Navy guy.

I am looking forward to the next part.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Killerpina75Killerpina75about 1 year ago

I love all of your stories. Glad your sort of brought Robbie and Amy into it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I worked in Perth at a workshop next door to the wrecking yard where David Burnie was working just before he got arrested for the multiple kidnap murders of young women.

Him and his wife.

Yep she too.

I only saw him the once from about 30 meters away.

Something registered in me and the thought that crossed my mind was, he needs Jesus.

These days his type are mainly seen as prime minister's and premiers.

Pol Pot revisited.

Crazy???

We will see.

MaultascheMaultascheabout 1 year ago

What a great story - again! Please don’t stop writing. As one of your followers I just have to say: Congratulations!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

An outstanding story! Thank you for writing and sharing. 5 stars.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Well done!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

des911des911about 1 year ago

Good story - gritty in parts. It certainly packs a punch. The different voices worked well and you made them identifiable and different. Well written. Looking forward to part 2.

Thank you

sdc97230sdc97230about 1 year ago
People from the prison were charged, but what about the investigators?

A storm washed out the crime scene, but it wouldn't have affected the interior of Mike's car. A competent forensic analysis would have revealed that the blood smears were made by two different persons, and would have found their DNA. It was obvious that everyone in the chain of evidence decided in advance that Mike was guilty and then tailored their reports to support that conclusion.

And Victoria was right to resign if she really felt that there was something wrong with the case from the moment it was assigned to her but prosecuted it anyway.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I hope the main character will be able to find peace for his soul!

5

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

Mm. Not feeling this one. Unlike your other stories, there seems to be no reason for the family to abuse him like this. They're just Boogeymen that somehow get into the prison to physically abuse him (why aren't they in jail?), and his grown and nearly grown children hate him.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

All your stories are well told and thought out, i really enjoy them!

Wabagoon1171Wabagoon1171about 1 year ago

Excellent, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There are a handful of authors on the site for whom I anxiously await their next story. You are right at the top of that list. Thank you again for a brilliant read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good to see you writing again, Wonderful story which left me wondering at the beginning what this was about. You have been a master of the mysterious in a lot of your stories but you led us down the path of discovery very well. Really looking forward to the ending of Mike and Victoria

012Say012Sayabout 1 year ago

Interesting - I wonder why the family turned as they did. I liked the meeting with the sister - who is still without remorse. Curious as to what we'll learn in part 2. So many commenters say how they think a story should go - they should write those stories. To your comment about being "over the top", I think that is great! Stories about ordinary people doing ordinary things tend to be boring. A 5 from me.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Oh, it's a five star beginning.

If you wish to, you might perhaps let us know why your protagonists always have the same name. If it's a literary device you've chosen for a reason....

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 1 year ago
Interesting take on the Australian justice system

Didn’t realize that the justice system was screwed up in other places besides the US. The last Republican governor of Illinois stopped all executions because DNA evidence exonerated so many men who were on death row. In Houston, you can shoot somebody and the judges will let you right back out on low or no bond so you can continue your criminal career unimpeded by the law.

In this story, it probably isn’t credible to win lawsuits against the media, but it is a nice fantasy. Sad but well-written story.

RK52RK52about 1 year ago

Another great five star product. I won’t even think of second guessing you plot and characters. You are a consummate craft that I quickly seek out as soon as you announce a newly released piece of your artistry. Please keep it up

I look forward to the next part of this work. Thank you.

shopratshopratabout 1 year ago

Very good story. I actually really like the fact that there is no coverage of the actual exoneration process - he's done and baked, all is lost, and then he's exonerated, with some followup later. It's not often done this way, and I think it's a refreshing approach, because we all know the guy's going to be ultimately exonerated, why not get it over with and get on to putting the MC's life back together? The only thing I didn't like in the story were some of the ridiculous over the top abuse of the MC - the congratulations for the wife having the affair by his dad, has family spitting on him,, his own lawyer talking to him the way he did after he was convicted, the family beating. None of that was at all believeable, and it lowered the story from truly exceptional to still really good. Overall still a really nice job, thanks for the effort and I can't wait to read the rest.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Excellent, and a nice tie-in to Rob and Amy’s story. Looking forward to part 2.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A sad story but true sometimes an innocent person does go to jail because of circumstances. In my youth I died not understand the 5th amendmendment to our constitution. Later in my life I was talking to a lawyer and I said if you're not guilt why would you take the 5th? He then said ' you don't know what you might say that could incriminate you'. I thought about that for a long time and looking at different news stories an watching persecutions as well as prosecutions that lawyer was right on the money. Look what happened to General Flynn. he testified before a committee and he got caught in a perjury trap. No matter how he answered the question he was perjuring himself, he should have kept silent. Another thing, in our system of justice it is the prosecutors job to convict the guilt but it is just as much there job to find them innocent. 5 stars

Bronco56Bronco56about 1 year ago

Another great story. Well done. 5stars

other2other1other2other1about 1 year agoAuthor

Hey Everyone,

As I mentioned previously, I didn't expect that Part 1 would get published so quickly and in reading this to my wife, she pointed out a couple of plot items for Part 2, so I didn't get it submitted yesterday, like I planned on the back of Part 1. However...

Part II has now been submitted for publishing and will hopefully be posted in the next few days (thanks, Lit admins). If there are some editing issues, that's me not passing it through another editing round.

Just quickly, to address one of the comments, why do I use the last name 'Other' in all my stories? For most writers, we usually have a few quirks. For me, I wanted to do something where all my MC's have the same last name. Are they connected, who knows? I am toying around with the idea of several of my characters coming together for someone or in support of a future MC, but have yet to have the right idea to make it fit.

Overall, I will admit that I don't write for anyone but myself. Writing the drama and emotions that are over the top is just part of therapy for me in dealing with life. If you like my stories, then great. If you don't, that's okay too but I write the way I do and make no apologies for it.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read what I've written, thank you for the comments, and I hope that you've taken something from the story.

Lastly, enjoy Part 2 and make sure you have some tissues ready. I know I cried in writing it!

Cheers

John Other

froggytreefroggytreeabout 1 year ago

Great story so far! I'd like to see a lot more public opinion coming down on the ex-family, especially the ex-wife, but that's just me. I'm interested to see where you go with it.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Need a backstory to explain the families actions towards Mike, it seems psychotic as written. There is no buildup to the romance with Victoria, none. She just announces she loves him and wants to be with him out of the blue..... Hopefully there are some answers in the conclusion to this story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 1 year ago

Silly idea that his whole family would believe he is capable of that. They just slapped him in view of guards. Come on? Snuck a balloon with paint into a courtroom. The warden would risk his career on a prisoner like that? His defense, in a murder trial was a single public defender. No. Never happen.

skatchy21skatchy21about 1 year ago

Excellent. I felt like I was reading a screenplay. Can't wait to read the second half.

Not sure if I want him to reconcile with his family or not - I do think I'd like to see him have another child with Victoria though. Maybe twin girls, named after the Bustoff sisters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really don't see why everyone thinks this is a great story. It is an ok tale. The dialogue is stiff and unnatural. The author continually repeats himself as he bludgeons his readers with it. I would really like to know specifically why anyone felt this was a great story. The writer is better than average for what is posted on this site, but his work is nowhere near as engaging as Richard Gerald, DanielQSteele, Hooked1957, or 8 or 10 others, yet he consistently outscores them. It's crazy really.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Great story and I love the inclusion of Robbie and Amy as cousins!

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

What a wonderful story! Loved every bit of it. Thank you! Worthy of 5 BIG, HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Can't wait for part 2. So much better to listen to it being read to me by Text Aloud with Jennifer's voice from Ivona. Makes the story so much better.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

What a wonderful story! Loved every bit of it. Thank you! Worthy of 5 BIG, HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Can't wait for part 2. So much better to listen to it being read to me by Text Aloud with Jennifer's voice from Ivona. Makes the story so much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! A finely woven tale! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Thank you for your efforts. I cannot wait for the conclusion of this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

?!

Normally I would say you write above average, but the first few paragraphs are laughably bad.

Celebrating after an unjust verdict, slapped in the face by the family - in front of the guards, laughed at by the daughter because of the murder verdict (no one is laughing about it, after all someone has come to death, perhaps one would be deeply happy that a murderer is sentenced, but laughing manically and launching a balloon?!).

At first I thought the setting was a dictatorship in the Middle East.

Turning502019Turning502019about 1 year ago

Loving it so far. Excited for part 2. Cool how you slipped Robbie and Amy in there. Great job 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Must read material. 5+

IN QLD innocent people are coerced into pleading guilty to avoid obscenely long sentences. This is not the place to cite cases. Thanks for revealing the injustice thought the story is set in WA and only the latter part is in Central Queensland.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great writing! As it happens I live just up the highway from Agnes Waters/1770 & have been there - it's a lovely spot & I hope to return sometime soon. Can't wait to read more. I'll be checking your stories as soon as I finish writing this comment.

don69502don69502about 1 year ago

Thanks,

great story. I`m waiting für the next part.

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His lawyer should also be punished. It is clear that his mind wasn't on his best interests. Does disbarring exist in Australia?

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

I love your stories, well written and gripping, early on I developed a genuine hatred of his family - then the fact that it's fiction returned.

Well done, thank you

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Imho, that advice is annoying. If it's done, submit and let everyone read at their own pace. Chapter stories are generally written by people who prefer organic writing and loose structure. I believe it takes far more discipline to write that way because it's so easy to create subplots that never resolve and inconsistent character development.

You don't really have those problems from what I can see. Your themes are similar but that isn't necessarily bad writing or even a mistake.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Other, not only is your writing brilliant and superb but your stories give me insights to the down-under; I had the honor of enjoying your big-island once in the 70's (via USN) and work with your capable Navy on more occasions.

\

I sure enjoy your portrayal of the common Ausy w/attitudes varying from location to location, occupation to occupation.

\

I had considered Australia a place of interest, a place I could toss my anchor onto, until Covid happen and the ugliness of your Fascist Govt killed my desire to even be a tourist. Then hearing about your gun laws has totally soured me that Ausy's would want to revert back to being a shadow of the UK, again. [Guns do not kill - the moron pulling the trigger does - we have the same political BS in the USA too. We are not all cowboys but we want the freedom of choice in protection.

\

Please continue your writing it is intriguing. You're a credit to down-under.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes, but predictable

DentalFlossTycoonDentalFlossTycoonabout 1 year ago

Great story as usual!!

jflindersjflindersabout 1 year ago

Imo the editor who talked you into splitting the story talked you into a mistake.

It seemed over the top to me, but I enjoyed the story, more than I ever enjoy subsequent chapters read after a period of time has passed.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

Here I thought 1770 was the town's population. Excellent writing

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 1 year ago

Wow! Five hankie story, and that’s only the first part. Thank you. And thanks for splitting the story into two parts; now I can get some work done.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Powerful, impactful story with a strong underlying moral message, judge not lest you be judged. Great writing - now on to part 2. 5+*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is pretty good, but it would be much better if the villains weren’t so villainous and the good guys weren’t so saintly. Gray works better than black and white.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story, 25 stars! Victoria is the only one that believed in him... I would tell his "family" to go pound salt... Now, Victoria needs to be a wife and have the best name a woman can have- MOMMY!

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53about 1 year ago

Wanna know how many stars this one gets? Look up in the night sky.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was good. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Honestly, I enjoyed the premise, but the initial pacing was kind of rushed and honestly shoe Horning Victoria in left me feeling... Dirty. She knew it was wrong, knew he was being abused and still put him away. And how you explained it, she had nothing to do with getting him out, if they were found with a victim and the murder weapon with DNA a blind deaf dog could have put them away.

I enjoyed parts of this, but it felt.. forced and uncomfortable. It doesn't really show any of the growth or recovery just one day she blindly puts an Innocent man in jail, the next they're hanging out as besties.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"The town if 1770" actually sounded like "a town with 1770 inhabitants".

Anyway... other2other1, huh? Let's see... tremendous, cruel betrayal of own family and friends: check. The most upright, compassionate, innocent, undeserving of betrayal main character: check. Secondary characters going out of their way to help, praise, declare their utmost loyalty to, and, metaphorically or not, suck MC's dick: not quite there yet. Let's see if this one can break the mold!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As always overboard, as always awful

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

I gave this tale 4/5, l useually give 5/5 to your tales.

I have a son in prison, enough said, eh?

4/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Powerful. Well conceived and written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kind of don't know where to put this. Yes, over the top and all but impossible in real life to be so black and white. Yet, an effective premise that had me engaged enough to finish reading. If the author can get his stories toned down to nearer reality, but retain the impact, he'll be one impressive writer.

mitchawamitchawaabout 1 year ago

This story is so good, I don't know what to say. Yes, it's not realistic, yes, it's bombastic, yes, it's too good to be true, yes, it's fiction and who cares if all of my yes's are true? It's a great story.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

All I can say, is 'WOW !!'

The reasons I follow you are your stories always having more than one layer in them, and what I think is great skill in telling g thectale at hand.

I'm a fan, in the best sense of the word... I may not always like the subject, or the characters, but I do always admire the author.

5 stars, of course.

drycreeksdrycreeksabout 1 year ago

Ur n awesome writer. Have enjoyed all ur stories. Pls keep up the great work. It is enjoyed n appreciated.

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsterabout 1 year ago

Amazingly conceived, well written, each step, your character build, and storytelling are spectacular. Simply spectacular!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

shadowpadshadowpadabout 1 year ago

Absolutely brilliant as are all of your other stories. Certainly my favorite author here. 5 stars again!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 1 year ago

As always “ just great “

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! Just WOW!,

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

reminds me a little of The Green Mile by Stephen King

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like all of your stories, way too over the top. Your protaganists' families always hate them for no particular reason, and it gets sillier from there.

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

Great start, and nice callback to the previous story!

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun12 months ago

You are very talented. You express the complicated emotions very well. Great start to your story. We eagerly await the next chapter. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So, a prosecutor heard the admission from the family that they beat him while the guards restrained him, and that resulted in restraining orders?!? No assault charges against his family? They aren’t in prison? He is supposed to fall in love with someone who could bring him a small amount of justice, but she doesn’t do it?!?

As for the cases against the media, and the prison guards and other prisoners, fuck the idea of quick settlements. I want long, drawn out, public trials!!! I want everyone who defamed me publicly humiliated. I wan the anti corruption trials to be the top news story for over a year. Expose the incompetence of the police. Show that the public defenders office was in on the fix. Shame everyone at the prison from the Warden to the newest guard recruit. No plea deals. Full sentences after letting the entire world know what tortures they committed!!!

Truth matters more than money. He would still end up with plenty of money, it just would take longer. The way to ensure that this doesn’t happen again is to make it VERY painful. Quick settlements, and quiet pleas aren’t justice.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Spot on 5

kamdev99008kamdev9900812 months ago

Seventeen Seventy,

sometimes inaccurately written as 1770 or Town of 1770, is a coastal town and locality in the Gladstone Region, Queensland, Australia. In the 2016 census, the locality of Seventeen Seventy had a population of 69 people

exactly

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Good story, sure it happens at times but prison treatment seemed particularly abusive, even torture.

mmbny47mmbny4711 months ago

That is a awesome story. Well written. Please keep writing.

DarknsDarkns11 months ago

I have only just recently acquainted myself with the writings of Other2other1 and this is the third story I’ve read in succession. As an Aussie myself, I relate to the style of writing, language, terminology and humour (note: not h-u-m-o-r). Also, I have visited Seventeen Seventy and Gladstone many times and enjoyed your apt description of the region.

I’m enjoying this story as I have the … dare I say it. ,,, the “other” two. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself).

There was a moment reading this that I have to share, and that is: I found myself saying out aloud, “Noooo! Why does he (Mike) have to be shorter than her (Victoria)?”

Lol. I know, I know. It was just a moment followed with a laugh. Thankfully no one else is around me.

Anyhoo, onto Part 2!

Harryin VAHarryin VA10 months ago

The worst thing about this story is not the number of people who think this crap is good but it's the inability of the author or the readers to realize how it contrived and convoluted this idiotic nonsense actually is.

.

This author specializes in writing these long convoluted stories with massive massive plot holes which make no sense at all.

.

In this particular stupid story we have the most amazing convoluted ridiculous story of all time. The prosecutor KNOWS that the main character’s family beat him in jail and the guards helped. and nothing happens. the family is not in jail that beat te main character and the guards are not in jail who beat the main character. It is outright ridiculous

.

Take for example this author's version of February sucks. In that version the wife and the boyfriend football player INTENTIONALLY go back to the husband's hotel room and the husband hears them fucking up a storm …Simply to punish and humiliate the husband even more. yet when the big confrontation and Reconciliation comes the whole hotel room thing is never mentioned.

.

In the very long and rather silly DOUBLE or NOTHING story…the ex-wife's husband,,, a doctor is caught time after time after Time making powerful serious threats to kill the main character/ husband. The threats were made in the hospital . They were made in the public. They were made in restaurants. They were made on audio tape. They were e made on video Yet the main character decides not to take any legal action

.

In the story FORCED perspectives the main character wimp lose was physically brutalized by his sister and older brother and psychologically tortured by a supposed father for 15 years. Yet he keeps going back to try and connect with his family for no apparent reason. Even worse is that the main characters wife is actually part of the evil plot to get the main characters money when he hits it big in the chemistry business.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Beware all. Rant incoming!

I’m directing this to Harryin VA, You’re an idiot.

Yes, an idiot, I said it, and I meant it. I read you comment you posted yesterday, where you had a go at John Other and I have to say you come across as both ignorant and making you look like a self-important dick.

Why? Because after seeing you have a go at John’s stories and all of us readers that enjoy his stories, I decided to click and read your profile. On it you basically lay out that you are experienced on this site, but hate LW stories and then you list a number of different scenarios that you disagree with. So with that predisposition, I have to ask, why the hell are you reading his stories? All of John’s stories include all the things you say you dislike, he pretty much states where the story is coming from and his tags are usually on point. So if you’re so against all these things why the hell are you continuing to read what he writes?

I came across John’s stories, not long after my own marriage began to break down. Double or Nothing is one of the best stories that I have ever read. No, it's not real, and as an author, John tells us that several times. But the drama the emotion, I can see in my mind what as an author John is telling us. He’s got a gift that many other writers don’t, I saw a comment some time ago calling John Other a storyteller. I agree with that.

February Sucks - The Bus, is one of my favourite FS tales, why, because John took us on the journey with both Jim and Linda, he didn’t write them ignoring what happened but gave us thinking and feeling. It is the first story where we get to see the mind of Linda and her regret. I’ve seen that John was more for the BTB, but he stayed true to GA’s original outcome and did a dammed fine job.

Forced Perspective, sure the story is raw and has a shit load of grammar issues, but for a first story, the over the top drama and emotions were so well wrought. As an entry into writing, he did a great job. I would ask you Harryin VA, if you have been a member on this site longer than John Other, where is your first story? If you feel you should be a critic, at least give us justification for your comments and show us how you write before you have a go at others…

Abandoned Rage, is amazing, having had my own marriage circle the drain, I could feel the emotions as he punched walls and even the fridge. The scene of his wife’s passing had me sobbing, it was such a gentle counterpoint to the force of emotion with the rest of the story.

And this two-part series, Guilty Until Proven Innocent, its my third time reading it. When I saw you’re comment, I was upset that you were not only having a go at the story but the author himself. Shame on you Harryin VA. This story is amazing. I loved the pain and love in the story, the dual perspectives and how they both thought about things.

If you want stories that are closer to real life, I would suggest that you turn off and go out into the real world. Me, I came here to escape the hustle of life and enjoy the drama of authors like John Other, I can’t write as John does, and this is the largest comment that I have ever written, but I couldn’t help but be pissed off at what you said and felt someone should reply to you on John’s behalf.

I would suggest Harryin VA, that the next time you see John’s name come up, you avoid his story since you obviously don't like John's style. Me, I’m going to run towards it and embrace what he has written as I know it is going to be good. His style of writing is compelling to so many people, Look at his followers; after only two years, many authors on this site have been producing stories for over a decade that don’t have John’s following, which should tell you he is writing from the heart stories that people can connect with. Like his stories, don’t like them, fine. But don’t disrespect him for having a go that you yourself have not.

You know what though, John is likely just going to take you’re abuse, because that is what it is, abuse, you haven’t tried to help him write a better story, and you haven’t talked about where he could improve. No, you just insult us readers for liking him, insult John for putting himself out there and then insult each of his stories in turn. I’ve noticed that unlike some authors, John doesn’t tend to moderate his comments, he tends to leave snide and insulting comments like yours in his feed, but I can see that he reads them from some of his replies.

Mr John Other, you have my respect, ignore that idiot Harryin Va’s comments, You are an amazing Author, you’re talent to turn out a story that is compelling is commendable. Take heart that you get so many more encouraging comments than insults and please give us more stories.

*end of rant*

Thanks, from Shaun in NZ

other2other1other2other110 months agoAuthor

Hey everyone,

I usually wouldn’t comment on something like this, but woke up this morning to Shaun’s comment. First thank you for the support, it is appreciated and I would by lying if I told everyone that Harry’s comments didn’t sting, he also left comment on another one of my stories that kind of doubled down on his thoughts about me. But he is entitled to his point of view.

I won’t say anything more, but I ask that everyone take a step back, don’t start a flame war. I’m continuing to write and hope to post some more soon, and between the two opposing points of view in the comments below, I will back up the below comment to say if you haven’t liked my stories so far, its a good chance you won’t in the future. I’ll leave it there :)

Thanks all,

Peace please!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very long winded, and you seem to think pity is the best way to attract women. It's a theme in your stories.

parenthesisparenthesis9 months ago

Every now and then, the comments are longer than the story.

Me? I like the story so far. On to Ch2...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry John,

I kind of went overboard, didn't mean to draw things out, i just got a little upset at the comment.

On another topic, are you going to post another story soon?

Shaun

AnyMooseAnyMoose9 months ago

If retribution was raining down on the prison warden & guards and the media for their part in the debacle, how about the worse-than-useless defense attorney? He deserves punishment for his part; perhaps a ditch-digging job somewhere desolate and steamy.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Exaggerated

londonteadrinkerlondonteadrinker8 months ago

Having re-read this first chapter, I love it even more. Well written and emotional. While I know what comes next, I am looking forward to re-reading it. Time for part 2.

Richard1940Richard19407 months ago

Sorry, nit-picking criticism but you consistently use the wrong word , a barrister is a Queens Counsel, a Council is a supervisory board looking after a local authority or such like. Similarly to to advise someone is to counsel them.

Apart from that I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your work,. Thank you.

BabalooieBabalooie6 months ago

Great job. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I appreciated that you didn’t keep dragging out his incarceration time. Exoneration came swiftly and unexpectedly early. Enjoyable so far.

Bill S.

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

Looking forward to Part 2.

Old_TimerOld_Timer6 months ago

Well Done! Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Page one. Just a bit of a puzzle. How does one fill a balloon with paint? You would somehow have to force the paint into that elastic balloon, expanding it, which I doubt a teenage girl would have been able to do.

Also, wasn't striking him with the paint filled balloon the crime of assault and battery? Just pondering...

JPB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

SIMILAR Stories