Guyana Chronicles Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The concert was being held on an open grassy field and there were many hundreds of people of all ages milling about everywhere in small groups. At the far end was a large covered stage with many musical instruments upon it. In front of the stage there could be seen a line of people, all dressed stylishly in bright shades of green red and yellow, one of them was shouting into a microphone, speaking of their political rights. The crowd did not seem overly interested in the shouting though. The microphone would then be handed to someone else and that person would start shouting as well on issues of equality in Guyana and the rights of their people.

After several moments, the band on stage started playing again and some of the people on the field started dancing, while others milled about and the line of people in front of the stage continued to get their message out shouting into the microphone, it was all quite tumultuous.

Jade looked over at Ellen who was standing at the back of the group, she was shouting and calling out with the speakers, down with this and yes to that, until the message shouts were 'down with gays,' then Ellen fell silent and shook her head.

When the music started again Ellen started to dance with an irie sway to her hips that Jade found incredibly sensual and caused her to mindlessly bite her lower lip. Jade was never much of a dancer; in fact, she wasn't one at all having never really even been to a dance in high school. In college she tended to just bounce around on bar dance floors while drunk and enjoy the occasional grinding slow dance. Other members of the team started moving and dancing as well and Jade decided she needed to get over her awkwardness.

Jade finished her beer and tossed it in a nearby trash can then joined in with the others. She felt goofy and slightly embarrassed as she attempted to be cool moving to the music. She quickly noticed that her bouncy motions were vastly different from Ellen's rolling hips and gyrations. Jade also found the shifting beats to be a frustration.

Then to Jade's surprise there suddenly appeared a young man in a neon jacket directly behind Ellen who was thrusting his hips towards her alluring round ass and before Jade could figure out who he was or where he came from Ellen looked over her shoulder and was bouncing her ass back towards the young man's groin.

Jade stopped dancing and was just watching, admittedly feeling a bit envious. Looking to Ellen's face Jade could tell that Ellen was enjoying herself and lost in the moment of the thumping beat of the music. Ellen then swung around facing the man and continued their sultry oscillation, their bodies so close that their groins bucked against each other. Unsure what to do Jade swallowed hard, stroked the mark along her neck and decided she needed another beer.

There was a pocket in Jade's suede skirt, she slipped her hand in and fished out her money, colorful Guyanese dollars that were not even worth an American penny. The denominations she tended to carry were one hundred in value and a few of them would be enough to purchase a Guinness. She stared at Ellen and the Lothario for a moment, then closed her green eyes telling herself Ellen is entitled to enjoy her dancing.

Jade then sauntered over to a nearby vendor cart, it was painted an ostentatious red and there were a myriad of plastic bead necklaces in neon colors hanging from its canopy edges. She purchased two beers, one Guinness and one Red Stripe from a man that reeked of pot. Looking over her shoulder amidst the transaction she could see Ellen and Lothario still going at their carnal dirty dancing and others watching the lewd display. It was an admittedly exotic image of contrasts: the pale skin of Ellen, her effervescent cerise hair and graceful motions set against the dark skin, compact form and animalistic thrusts of her dance partner in neon.

As Jade turned and started to head back to the group there was a young man directly in her path staring at her. He was sinewy without bulk and dressed in what was probably his best shirt, a decent dark button down with designs on the pockets that reminded Jade of the outfits she saw as a child when the ranch hands would dress up and head to the bar in town. She sighed to herself.

"Hello there pretty lady, nice night." The Romeo attempted to engage as Jade was walking by.

"My Mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun." Jade spoke plainly in reply over her shoulder as she walked away towards the rest of the team.

Jade agreed with Gordon Sumner that there were proper times for quoting Shakespeare and she found the practice to be helpful for confusing and dissuading hopeful yet duff Romeos. Though Jade did not see herself as such she was aware that others found her attractive. She was slender and lithe with dark features, high cheeks and possessed pale clear eyes the color of sage, almost grey at times.

But Jade was never astute at understanding how others saw her. And that acknowledged blind spot and accompanying doubt was starting to claw at her. Did she read Ellen's attention wrong? Jade focused and calmed herself remembering where each of their wet fingers were this morning.

As Jade returned to the group the music had halted and she leered a little as Ellen and Lothario were talking. Ellen's gestures were animated as she smiled and laughed. Basil came up to Jade to stand next to her.

"So you always drink Guinness." Basil coyly asked in the calmer moment after the music ended.

Jade nodded with a slight smirk, the bottle near her lips, "I prefer it of the two choices."

She paused and glanced at the young woman, "would you like a sip to try it?" Then handed the dark bottle to Basil.

"So you like the sun, pretty lady?" Romeo had followed and came around the other side of Jade.

Jade restrained from rolling her eyes, "coral is far more red than her lips."

She then raised an eyebrow and added quickly, "I can do the whole sonnet if you wish."

"I like lips, they are nice." The stumped Romeo replied, looking at Jade with a hunger in his eyes that were focused on the bruised bite mark along her neck.

Basil took a sip from the bottle, the fashion of her effort betrayed she was more used to beer bottles than her timidness would suggest. She smiled and handed the bottle back to Jade who waved off the gesture with a smile in return and told Basil that she did not mind sharing.

Jade herself was stumped for the moment. Frustrated by her desires, but she knew well that this was Georgetown in Guyana and not Chapel Hill back in Carolina. Back on Franklin Street and among the college bars it would have been perfectly fine for her to hold hands with Ellen and make out against the back bar wall while the Indigo Girls were harmonizing a ballad from a small stage. But such displays were not safe in most places, so here they were suffering come-ons from want-a-be Romeos, without even a sultry serenade.

"You have pretty eyes." Romeo was still working his love song on Jade.

We already did the eyes line, Jade thought to herself.

"I have to go talk to someone." Jade announced to Romeo and did not wait for a reply as she touched Basil's elbow and gave her a look that said come with me.

Jade then made her way over to Ellen who was still standing near the back of the group but the neon clad Lothario was now gone.

"You're quite the dancer." Jade offered the bottle of Red Stripe to Ellen.

"Oh that was fun, that is how you dance to this style of Reggae." Ellen replied with a big eyed simper and then took the bottle from Jade's hand, their fingers touched and lingered for a bit as their eyes looked wishfully to one another.

"This is a lot of fun. I love the energy here. That last beat was really awesome." Ellen continued before taking a long drink from the bottle.

"I'm glad you are having a good time." Jade leaned into Ellen's space making sure she could be heard as the sounds of music started up again.

"That guy was telling me about a dance club nearby." Ellen shared during a pause in the rhythms, the new song was slower and more a ballad.

"A club?" Jade questioned as she and Ellen stood close, their hips nearly brushing.

"Yeah, could be a fun thing to do." Ellen was combing fingers through her hair as her pelvic rolled to the cadence coming through the speakers.

"Another night team leader, as I recall you have church in the morning." Jade reminded Ellen; her eyes were drifting down to Ellen's hips.

"Did you make up your mind about coming?" Ellen enquired, watching Jade's eyes on her.

"I may take the down time and go to the office. Still thinking it over." Jade mentioned and glanced back up to Ellen's blue eyes and smiled.

Basil then handed Jade the Guinness bottle who turned towards the young blonde woman and looked over her shoulder. About thirty feet behind them were Lothario and Romeo together conversing and gesturing. It was obvious where the persisting stares of the two skirt-chasers were focused upon.

'Fucking endogenous morphine', Jade thought to herself as she took a drink from the beer in her hand. She found herself staring a bit longer than she should at them. They both look quite fit in their attempting-to-impress garb. They were probably laborers and looked to possess hard bodies of endurance under their nice clothes.

"He is a good dancer." Ellen's voice came to Jade, feeling Ellen's lips close to her ear which sent a shiver down through Jade's core and caused her clit to twitch. It took a lot of self-control for Jade not to turn her face and kiss the teasing lips of Ellen.

Ellen then turned her attention back to the stage as her hips continued to sway in a perfect symmetry to the bass playing and occasionally bumping Jade's. Jade needed to distract herself from the multiple inputs and impulses playing in her mind and turned to count team members, and then counted them again. She was one short. She sighed to herself.

"Fuck!" Jade cursed aloud as she started to look around beyond the group.

"Do you see Nathan, anywhere?" Jade asked both Ellen and Basil.

Nathan was just out of high school and a bit aimless in his focus and in need of constant direction to stay on task. He was tall though with shaggy hair and so would be easy to spot.

"I saw him head over that way earlier." Basil volunteered and pointed off to the right and another area of the field with its milling crowds of party-goers.

Jade looked to Ellen unable to hide her frustration as she pointed down to the grass covered ground. "You stay here, you have nine, I have two and I will go looking for our one prodigal."

She then turned to Basil, "come with me, two sets of eyes are better."

And with that Jade with Basil at her side strolled off to the right in search of their wastrel. Jade thought to herself, at least it was an easy task, searching for a six foot three young white guy in Georgetown.

****************

After a short search they spotted their lost puppy, Jade knew the park well and had ideas of where to look. He was slouching on a bench against the side of a dark closed up building, the blue chemlight bracelet gave him away. As they approached the strong reek of pot and Nathan's mannerisms told them that he was apparently quite stoned. A new wave of frustration came over Jade as she thought about how best to approach the situation. She settled herself.

"There you are Nathan it is time to get up and go, you cannot stay here." Jade, in a calm voice but loud enough to be heard, came and stood in front of him.

"I'm cool right here." He spoke slowly glancing up blurry eyed and with a rakish smile as if he did not have a care in the world.

"You might be, but I'm not, so we are getting you home to the mission house." Jade informed him.

"Get on his right side and I got his left." Jade looked to Basil.

Jade then sat down on the bench and slid next to Nathan and brought his heavy arm over her slim shoulders and waited for Basil to follow her example and do the same.

"I'm cool." Nathan repeated and laughed, his head rolled and knocked back against the wall behind him a bit hard.

"Well cool, you are coming with us." Jade looked to Basil and nodded her head to show they were ready to lift.

It was not easy for he was cumbersome and not helpful but the women got to their feet supporting the wastrel and started guiding him back, a bit staggering, towards the group. Winding their way around milling groups of people and curious eyes, many who burst into laughter at the sight of the young gibbering stoned white man being herded by two small women. Jade was thankful Nathan was at the happy stage of being stoned and not full of paranoia, it would be much easier getting him home in this condition.

Jade was acting calmed but she was pissed. Right now they were in a dangerous situation and she needed to get everyone on the team safely back to the old missionary house. Having a bit of fun was one thing but getting stoned off your ass out in a park at night in an under-developed country surrounded by strangers was not fun, it was stupid.

Jade told herself she was not going to lecture everyone for everyone had handled themselves well tonight, except for Nathan. She would make sure to hold him accountable for his actions.

Jade and Basil guiding Nathan made their way back to the rest of the team. Jade was thankful for the other men on the team who offered and then took over the burden that Nathan was, corralling him between their two stronger bodies as the team started to make their way back to the missionary house. Both Ellen and Jade did another counting of bodies to ensure they had everyone.

Lothario in neon shouted out to Ellen about the club and she shouted back 'another night.'

*************

Getting close to the missionary house Jade and Ellen walked in the back of the group heading down the quiet neighborhood road towards what was for now their home. To their right was the odorous open ditch that would lead them there.

"Are you planning on doing anything?" Ellen broke their silence as they walked hand in hand now.

"I think it depends on how he acts." Jade glanced over to Ellen.

Jade's right thumb was rubbing slowly over Ellen's left palm as their hands clasped, slow steady circles that were in time to their steps. Another night comes and one week left. She was always on the run and now all that Jade wanted was for time to stop. Wrestling with herself was a distraction, she thought, why wrestle with yourself when love is walking right beside you.

*************

End of Chapter Three

Note to Readers:

I appreciate the interest from everyone that has been reading my little autobiographical tale. This was not an easy chapter to write, I struggled with some of the themes in this part of the story. I needed to show a family that was living in the situation that helps explain why Jade and the NGO are in Guyana and I needed to do it in a way that was respectful and true to people in such situations.

I also needed to walk through a bit of what it feels like being of a sexual orientation that is not really accepted by the cultures of the place and time period. I had no desire to be preachy or revolve the story around this issue, I just wanted to share what the dilemma feels like.

I believe that spending time with these two subjects was critical to the story I am telling. And this is my story. The key is balancing, I am learning on the fly how to write erotica. My goal here is to create a sensual teasing story that you wish you were walking in. Yeah, it was a fun time in my life. Again thank you for the support. Chapter Four is coming soon because I'm in the head space to write it.

Love Giada


12