Gypsy Wolf Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*What are you thinking?* Despite having been with the pack for months now it still surprised me when Angel started talking to me through the bonds.

*I'm not a hundred percent certain but I think my blonde witch is back and that was the flashes of light Jill saw. If she hit the power cables it might have overloaded the transformer causing it to explode,* I told her. After several more minutes, we began working our way back to the main compound. The fresh snow overnight had hidden any tracks the attackers might have left on their approach.

*Elizabeth we need Jill over by the entrance right now," Holly broadcast, "There's a truck coming in.*

*On the way Holly.* "Jill, let's go, there's a vehicle coming in." Sprinting, we quickly made our way up the trail and across the compound just as a large dark green refrigerated truck slowly rolled to a stop. The Betas still in human form all had their rifles trained on the occupants. I'd managed to convince Rasp of the benefit of allowing anyone who was interested to take marksmanship classes and now almost all of the Betas practiced regularly enough to warrant the planned construction of a new range this spring.

"I know them," Jill said as we approached the truck, relief evident in her voice, "It's Missy and Charlie, they were making the monthly supply run. I"d forgotten all about them in the confusion." Stepping out from behind our trucks Jill waved her arms to get them to focus on her. "Missy, Charlie it's okay you can get out. These guys are all friends, they're Shadow Reavers." Without being told everyone lowered their guns as the two stepped from the truck and rushed Jill, the three of them dropping to their knees in tears as she told them the truth of what happened.

"Elizabeth, come look at this." Angel was kneeling next to Alex, one of our former wolves that had fallen next to his Alphas. He'd fallen face down in the snow and she'd turned him over to look at his front. "Is this what you're looking for?" The burn was an ugly thing, black and blistered and carving a hole into his chest right where his heart had been.

"Yeah, that was what I was looking for," I said running my fingers along the edge of the wound. I'd really wanted to be wrong about this. Taking a look at his feet and I saw that they too had been burned when the electricity from her bolt grounded itself. In all likelihood, the poor bastard never even knew what hit him and I somehow survived. No wonder they'd thought I was dead.

"Holy Fuck," Holly exclaimed as she came over to see what had us so interested, "What in the hell happened to him?"

"You remember when I showed up with my clothes disintegrating?" I said, "This is what happens when you get hit by lightning and are not an alpha." Fuck this is not good. "Angel, can you work with Jill to try and identify the corpses so we can make a list and see if anyone else is just missing. Holly let's see if they have any shovels we can use and we'll start working on the graves. We're not going to just leave them for the animals to feast on. Oh and have someone get the camera and take pictures of everything. Rasp and Natalie need to see this."

"Yes, Alpha," they chimed together before walking off causing me to chuckle despite the grim circumstances.

The next hours were long and gruesome and we didn't finish up until well into the night. With a stroke of luck, the small backhoe the pack had acquired for some planned expansion work had survived and made digging the graves much simpler but still digging almost seventy graves is not a quick task and we were all exhausted by the end. Fortunately, the small motel that wasn't far from the turnoff had room for everyone and after breakfast at their small diner, we started the drive back

"Pull over, pull over!" We'd just passed two people walking along the road when Jill yelled causing Cassie to suddenly pull off the road. Jumping out she took off running towards them and they all collapsed in a pile of laughs and tears soon to be joined by Missy and Charlie.

"Something good at least," I said standing by the Yukon. We'd intentionally brought more vehicles than we needed so space wasn't an issue. After a few minutes, the pile broke up and Jill brought them over while Missy and Charlie headed back to their vehicle.

"Elizabeth, this is Randall and Kelly. They were patrolling the far side of pack lands when everything went down. When they felt the pack bonds break they decided it was best to make for safety instead of trying to investigate."

"It's good to meet you and honestly you probably made the wisest choice," I said. The two of them looked to be completely worn out and shell shocked and I could feel my wolf letting her desire that I take care of them known. "If you've been walking for more than two days in the snow I'm sure you're starving. Jill, take them over to the truck with the coolers and we'll wait while you get them something to eat. Just let me know as soon as they're ready and we'll get on the road. I'll give Natalie a call and let her know we're bringing in more survivors."

"Yes, Alpha," Jill said Watching her walk away with Randall and Kelly I found myself caught off guard by her tone. It wasn't what she said, Angel and Holly said those exact words in a joking tone all of the time but Jill wasn't joking. Her tone was of someone talking to an Alpha, her Alpha.

***

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please feel free to vote and comment. I appreciate and read every comment submitted.

12