All Comments on 'Haight-Ashbury, 1969'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
pipeknockerpipeknockerabout 20 years ago
A rare experience!

An outstanding story conveying the total release of oneself! You really brought out the absolute feeling that oh so many persons never attain except by reading. Thank you.

Lalenya LoveLalenya Loveabout 20 years ago
Intense!

Far out, man! As one who was born too late (1968) to be a part of this scene but loves the music and the vibe of the times, this story was a breath of fresh air. Very well written and truly groovy!

Peace,

Lalenya :^)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
yeah

Very cool! What a great period of time! I wish I had been Lee. ahhh, the sixties...

gene55mgene55mabout 20 years ago
Ahhh! Wonderful flashback

A well-written memoir of a time and place that may never happen again that reminds me of my youthful adventures. The author has captured the atmosphere of that time and the ellusive essence of stoned sex. This is a very sensual, sexy period piece. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
I don't remember any thing like this...

I did not have the fortune to take party in anything like this is the 60's, but you did a great job of portraying the times. Hot stuff. Oh yeh, one little picky point. It's Salinas (with an S) in California; Salina (pronounced Su -Lie' - na), no S, in Kansas.

SlickTonySlickTonyabout 20 years ago
Homesick for days gone by...

Lushly detailed and evocative...it brings back memories of the whole groovy, sensual 60s scene as vividly as the first burst of water from a shower revivifies the smell of the sex you had earlier in the day. If, like me, you were too young and/or too much under your family's thumb to get out there and experience the Haight during the 60's, this is definitely the story for you--it's as near as you'll get to being there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Fantastic

Absolutely intense. Great take on the awakening of a new adult.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Very Realistic!

I graduated from high school in 1966 and from college in 1970, I lived through this era. What a great and controversial era this was in our history because of all the extremes. Although I lived in the middle of the country, each college and each community had its own Haight-Ashbury in one form or another. Your story was very accurate and truly addressed the feelings of that era. We lived in a constant state of flux and controversy, yet we tried to make some semblance of sanity from it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Time machine, please?

I really got jealous of my parents' generation while reading this. Wonderful evocation of release, and a great trip to I time I seriously wish I'd been around for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Libra - Enjoyed that

I wasn't around for this, but makes me wish I had been. Only complaint is that I would have liked the story to continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I loved it

Mmmmm sweet sweet 60s

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Barely know where to begin...

Besides being beautifully written, this story is a lush, sensual, sexual, exciting adventure back in time. I love it! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Coyote

I used to know a Coyote in the Haight back in the day. Very much a revolutionary until he got in another line of work.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 10 years ago
Wrong Time Period

I hate to tell you this Doc, but the "Summer of Love" occurred in 1967

ShyDenZenShyDenZenover 7 years ago
I love everything about this story

This story is 'the shit': even its cliches turn me on. We need more authors like you in the world.

"And I dreamed I saw a bomber-jet-plane flying shotgun in the sky... turning into butterflies above the nation..."

sotarosotaroover 6 years ago
hendrix

read this while listening to Hendrix Band of Gypsies, the Wind Cries Mary. I recommend "Season of the Witch" for more information about San Francisco during this era.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous