All Comments on 'Hal Story'

by Emhdtats

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very poignant

Though this is a work of fiction, it details exactly how the parents relationships will adversley affect children and graphically describes the resulting action. Fortunately in this story someone that cared was around to pick up the pieces and help the person find their true self worth.

New reader

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Nice tale

Nicely written

KinPAKinPAalmost 5 years ago
Sublime

While my childhood wasn’t as bad as Hal’s, there were a lot of similarities with my parents and hers; my father was a functioning alcoholic and my mom tried to cope but even the best reach their limit and I became the prize in the divorce. Like Hal, those years left a deep mark on my psyche that even now, in my early 50s, is still there. Unlike Hal, I’ve yet to find that special person.

Reading this, I’ve experienced one of the most beautiful and hopeful pieces of prose that I’ve read in many years. Simply outstanding.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 5 years ago
Really beautiful...sad...uplifting story!

Thanks!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
A beautiful oddity

With hesitations and reflections, a few wonderings where this was going, but it ended in the perfect place. Thank you.

pearlygrlpearlygrlalmost 5 years ago
Excellent!

I love survivor stories and this is a very good one! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This just to cute I love how found way back each other. Even took a min keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very long time ago, someone did this for me, healing me when I was quite broken. Circumstances would not permit us to form a life partnership, but without her in my life I never would have found the one who could. I very much enjoyed this sweet, hopeful tale. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmhdtats@Emhdtats
Recovering lawyer, lover of life, just making my way, learning as I go.

SIMILAR Stories