All Comments on 'Hallelujah Ch. 06'

by SirThopas

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
hikewithapackhikewithapackover 13 years ago
absolutely great story

There are times when I want to reach right through the monitor and smack the daylights out of Jasmine and Jake. Obviously, you are doing a great job of storytelling or I wouldn't care. Keep up the great work!

TXanyTXanyover 13 years ago
Top notch!...but even the best get fired....

Get busy. I don't like waiting forever between DQS1's stories, but your brand of distribution isn't any better! Just about the time I get in the rhythm, the chapter ends. Please string a couple together...I'm willing to wait to get several chapters posted together (just don't take as long as DQS1 does between postings)! OK...mostly joking...you're making history. Keep it going.

RebelpawnRebelpawnover 13 years ago
Keep it up!! ...but...

Such an awesome series so far. You have done a tremendous job of not only bringing Jacob to life, but his entire world as well.

My one beef... and I know I can't be alone in this, is that I absolutely do not agree with Bennie in regards to Jacob "disrespecting" Walter. From his point of view, Walter's feelings and needs should be held above all else, especially the well being of his clients. That is insane. That would be like allowing a 60 year old auto engineer to create and mass produce vehicles that are dangerous for no other reason than because he has been in the industry for 40 years and has a shitty retirement coming.

I don't get it.

What about his clients?!?! How is producing a sub par record helping Teddy? Or does he not matter? He can live the rest of his life in obscurity all because they don't want to hurt Walter's feelings? While I agree what Jacob did was a low blow simply because he overstepped his bounderies and pulled a contract out of under Walter, but that is it. To bring up anything else is a logical falicy and a red herring argument to take attention away from the fact that Walter just can't do the job anymore. Just my humble opinion.

You should take the fact that I have been so worked up over this as a compliment of your writing.

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 star effort

looking forward to the rest of this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The end...

From the experience of your other stories, the middle of a story is the end. So this is possibly the end of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
OMFG ...

On the one hand, this tale really feels true, especially being as it's set in Nashville, "where s**t happens and the songs just write themselves" from people's lives. You've nailed the feel and the feelings, and I keep getting drawn into Jake's head ... But on the other hand, I have come to HATE the character Jasmine, and I'm losing any hope for Jake as well.

I think you probably have some more clever plot twists, some more character change & growth (a reason to like AJ, perhaps?) but all in all I'm thinking the other anonymous poster who suggested just ending it here might actually have something. This is hitting the same wall for me that DSQ1's latest did - the sense that even you have no clear path forward, that you are noodling your way forward with no defined end.

I as a reader can offer nothing but plaudits or brickbats, and I know my own input is worth bupkis or less to you and your work as an author. FWIW, I don't care how a give story ends, whether it be torch-the-bitch or forgive-and-forget or whatever. Just so long as it DOES have an arc and an end, a structure that's a bit more than a Seinfeld episode. I read for escape, for the most part, and I get enough moral ambiguity in my own daily life, TYVM.

Thanks for the effort, regardless of anything else I've said. Parts of this are brilliant, the descriptions of the recording process and the feelings of the characters are two things I particularly enjoyed.

DanieIQSteele1DanieIQSteele1over 13 years ago
is it end?

at least tell that. I liked it, i rarely like something on thi site.

inojacks2002inojacks2002over 13 years ago
Definitely a cut above....

I'm enjoying this story very much. Every chapter has been a pleasure, the characters are believable, and the situations are interesting. Thanks for the effort, and please keep the chapters coming.

SirThopasSirThopasover 13 years agoAuthor
A quick note

This isn't the end of this story. Chapter 7 should be up by December 21...life is just busier right now than it has been.

That's all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Wow Couldn't wait to follow the plot. The right guys are posting comments too.

WWWM type of people too in that they all have some issue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
not a stand up guy!!

your main character should get a little more backbone and quit sympathizing with goofy women...maybe he should just smoke some rope and tune into "purple haze"

apollonaapollonaabout 13 years ago
I just figured it out

Reading your story is like looking at a painting, a masterpiece if you will. You have the main focus, but also a brilliantly conceived background filled with details that are continually intruding on the main theme. It's all in the details. And your details are drawing a picture of your focus that is crystal clear and wondrously, effortlessly flawed.

It's a delight to watch!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
well fucking DUUUUUUUUUH!!!!

and of course JAKE is um SURPRISED.....??

ow he cannot be this fucking stupid..

really he cann be...

well on second thought after re-reading how badly he handled the recording studio thing

maybe he really is

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

What a bombshell, a total shocker. This was a masterful chapter with you brilliantly furthering both story lines. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
One more thought

I'm thinking he should ask her to leave. She didn't deserve to be hit, but she is a cheat. It's Jake who doesn't deserve to be treated like this by her. She is drawing him into her sordid life without much care about his feelings. She has in essence chosen two separate men over him. Double ouch! She cheated on him before they split up, and now she is rubbing his nose in it again. Get away from this woman!

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
Filler,

but really good filler.

PencarrowPencarrowover 5 years ago
AND THIS IS A SURPRISE?

Keep running Jake.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Bitch and a cheating whore to boot.

Quit being a WIMP.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous