All Comments on 'Halos and Heroes Ch. 07'

by WasAlmostFamous

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 5 years ago
Its still powerful - well done

Great writing - thank you

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading everyone and the commentary!

Feedback is always helpful to writing stronger stories. I was actually taking it down which is why I stopped posting, but people seem to be enjoying it so I will be adding more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
really great writing

you write very well. this has the meaning of a good book. i'd buy it!

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Anonymous!

That's very kind. A version was published years and years ago, but went out of print when the publishing house closed. So now I re-edited it and just put it out there to the masses, and its FREE instead of the ridiculous almost $9.00 price point they put on it due to length. Didn't help with sales, but it was written to be read whether paid for or free, so I hope you continue to enjoy it till the end. Thank you for the support.

OnimOnimalmost 5 years ago
VERY nice!!

Beautifully written...such a nice story that takes us through the gammit of emotions! This particular chapter made us angry, sad, hopeful...and was quite hilarious! Thanks for sharing the talent...:-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Good Lord this is heavy-handed. The character-building is fine work, but I’m gagging on the political here. By all means, make a statement with your writing, but be artful about it. Be honest about it. No need to ghost-write a ROTC pamphlet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Clueless anonymous

The emotion you capture is a wild rollercoaster ride. This story is not a cookie cutter of every other story on this site. This feels like it has or could have really happened. It is not as clueless anonymous said political at all. It has bases in things that have really happened. This person just does not get it. Funerals are for the living, dead soldiers don't know or care how you feel. If these type of people had a brain they would protest in DC were it would be appropriate. Please keep posting this story. This is not my favorite site because of people like this. To many authors get discouraged and quit.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you second anonymous!

Thank you, second anonymous!

Thank you for the kind words and the “backup.”

Although I try and keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, it can be discouraging when silly things are harped at. I am not a political person in the slightest. I write fiction, plain and simple and draw from the world around me as is and try to work it into my stories. For a time there were many groups that were on the news going around protesting at the funerals of deceased soldiers. This story was originally published almost 5 years ago, so the climate was different. The reactions of the characters, are the reactions of the characters based on the scenario at hand. If the other anonymous didn’t approve of this chapter, they will likely be very unhappy with chapter 10, because Sam and Ben have a conversation about religion. Again, it’s the characters talking, not me with an agenda. Ben is a priest so he is going to view the world through a more spiritual lens than others might. But it is what it is.

I hope that you continue to enjoy the story. The rest of the chapters were submitted and will hopefully be posted soon. Thank you so much for the support! It means a great deal. Feel free to message me and say hello if you ever wish to become less anonymous 

VlossyVlossyalmost 5 years ago
Love it!!

"""You can go play with Father Ben. You can pray with him some more."

Adelyn laughed out loud."

Just perfect!! Love your writing. Such a great character build up, it flows so nicely. I'm excited about his and Father Ben's relationship development.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 5 years ago
Please Do Your Readers a Big Favor!

And change the story's tagline for each chapter. It is a real help trying to tell the chapters apart, otherwise readers can miss a chapter or two, without knowing it. Sometimes it's nice to go back and revisit favorite scenes but it's such a pain when the author doesn't bother to differentiate between chapters. You've managed to write 30+ chapters; it can't be that difficult coming up with clues to the content of each new chapter. Pretty please?

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Taglines don't make sense?

I actually kept the same taglines on purpose, assuming that it would actually help readers find the story if there was continuity in them. The chapters do come one after the other, so if one is favorited for example, the others would pop up wouldn't they?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nthusiastic,

What in the world are you talking about? Each chapter got a title and a description. If you can't even differentiate the chapters just by that, I have doubts that you even bothered following the story in the first place. "It can't be that difficult to actually read the chapters and remember where you last left it off by making a note of your own, can't you?"

Anon 3 years ago,

Go gag on your weak reading capabilities. Rather than making accusations about the politics that are given here to provide character info for the main characters, just focus on your attitude on making excuses that you are just hating on the story and wanting attention by dropping comments like that instead of just leaving.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousover 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous, lol thanks for all the saves. I am reading through them now. I try and ignore the silly negatively which isn't always easy so I do appreciate the support!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasAlmostFamous@WasAlmostFamous
Update: I know I haven't posted in so many years. I am around but after Covid and life/job changes I didn't have time. And then after years of symptons and a year of tests, I was diagnosed with MS so it's been a whirlwind with dealing with that, sleep deprivation and meds on t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES