All Comments on 'Halos and Heroes Ch. 33'

by WasAlmostFamous

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I love this so much!

This was amazingly written! However, I was kiiiiiinda wondering if there could be a one off of them getting married? Just like the hustle and bustle of a wedding day. :)

OnimOnimalmost 5 years ago
AMAZING!

Tears and cheers...tears for the ending of a beautiful, well-written story...but cheers for all of us fans that will get the opportunity to read this over and over, again and again!! Thank you again, FAMOUS!! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you for this lovely, well written story

Well, the unintended delay in posting the last two chapters added to the sense of climax and completeness of this great story. Well done - loved it! You have a real talent.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks Onim

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story enough to one day tackle it again! HUGE compliment because I know the length is daunting, and how long and slow a build up it is. So thank you for that oh-so-supportive feedback. If I can finish my Summer Lovin' entry in time (which probably won't happen because Roman and Max are the ones "talking" to me right now) it will be a change. Nowhere near as long, and fluffier--more romantic comedy than drama. I vary, but hope you will enjoy that style too.

Take care!!!

JJ

hungdad1957hungdad1957almost 5 years ago
peace and hope

What a great story, tears were flowing at the end. I haven't been so caught up in characters in a long time, and by the time Sam made peace with Connor, I was inspired to do some of my own soul-searching. Thanks for a story that grabbed me and took me on the rollercoaster of Sam's life. Your storytelling skills and talents are wonderful. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful

This was amazingggggggggg!!! I mean can I get an epilogue pleaseeeeee. I’m just not ready to let these two go. I’m so proud of Sam although I would’ve loved him showing up in Cuba to get his man this was great. I’ll be visiting this story many times over.

Kahoona48Kahoona48almost 5 years ago
Excellent

That was a truly beautiful story and written so well. Thank you for sharing your writing with us. That was just so good. Thankyou

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvralmost 5 years ago
One Absolutely Amazing Story

As a veteran myself, I've been overwhelmed by the quality of your writing and the honesty of your characters, as well as the integrity of your fidelity to the realities of war, combat, PTSD, your understanding of the loyalty survivors share with those who endured combat, family-separation, etc, have with one another. You were also respectful of God - as many GLBT folks often have a strained at best understanding of a necessity of having faith. Your character development was beyond awesome and the story itself, so incredibly and movingly told. I looked forward to reading every word and hope more stories or future chapters will be forth-coming. As an author here with only one tenth of your talent, please accept my profound thanks for a job beyond well-done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic :)

Love love! It really is such a great story. I love the world you have created here. I wish I could know a group of people like this in real life. Beautiful work! Keep it up I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanku

First of all thanks for giving me a heads up on the chapters by telling me to scroll up x and WOW just WOW that is hands down the best story ever so moving and heartfelt enjoyed filling it daily and sad it's ended but what an ending ur writing is amazing so much emotion caputured it felt real and that my friend is a true sign of a great read and a very talented writer I salute you xxx ur capture of ptsd is amazing ( have first hand knowledge) thanks thanku thanks long may you continue to write on this site I eagerly await your future stories x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sad it’s over

But so glad for Sam and Ben. You are a gifted writer.

tjdhall2tjdhall2almost 5 years ago
Halos and Heroes

Simply beautiful every last word. Thank you. And now I can't wait for the next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful Story

You should write a continuation. I would love to read more about their journey together.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you everyone

I'm so glad you have all enjoyed it so much! I am thrilled and very touched at all the positive feedback. It's always satisfying as a writer to hear that readers have made connections with the characters and are invested in them.

So, originally I simply intended to mention the wedding in passing in Max's story since his begins 2 weeks after the wedding, BUT I'm getting several reader requests through messages and with the ones here, decided to do a short piece of the day because it will segue into Max's story. It's going to be from multiple viewpoints, so you will finally get a glimpse into Ben's head! And of course Max and Sam's.

Thank you again for reading and always feel free to leave feedback or say hJJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
epilogue?

Is there an epilogue of Sam and Ben being happy families? The story ends on a hopeful note after some conflict and sadness. But all endings are sad, you know? There's an air of finality about endings. An epilogue would be nice, to see their vision of their future playing out.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous (epilogue)

I'm so glad you enjoyed the story enough to want to know what comes next! That is a huge compliment-that I was able to create characters that people have connected that much to. Thank you so much for letting me know that!

I didn't originally plan an epilogue. I already started writing book 2 (All in Balls Out) which happens in the same place within that character verse, but it's about Max and Roman. All the other characters do play roles and make cameos, especially Tara (heh oh boy-best friends equals hilarity), but it starts off right AFTER Ben and Sam's wedding which is what has Max in a tailspin. BUT, I've been getting so many requests for some kind of epilogue that I am going to be writing a very short novella about the what happened next; a few flashbacks about the proposal, and of course the wedding and just leave it there because it will segue into Max's story which will continue to add a bit more to Sam and Ben's HEA, even though it doesn't focus on them. The "epilogue," is going to be from multiple viewpoints, so you will finally get a glimpse into Ben's head! And of course Sam's and Max's (poor Max. He really is more multi-layered and not as big a jerk as he seems after making a move on Sam--very complicated relationship between those two. Wait till All In!) and possibly Roman's very quickly to help segue into the next story because what happens between him and Max is what kicks off their story.

Hopefully I can get it done before the school year starts and the day job begins again!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Take care!

JJ

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh Thank you so much, Anonymous (X-scroll up) :)

That is honestly one of the best compliments I have ever gotten. I try to research and "dig deep" for my stories, especially those with serious themes, so I'm so glad to here that you feel I respectfully and accurately portrayed PTSD and it's challenges. I appreciate the feedback greatly.

Take care!

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

Thank you. That was simply brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

I'm not one for complments infact this is the first comment I have ever posted ever. I just wanted to thank you for such a great read and encourage you to continue! I truely enjoyed it and cant wait to see whats next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
amazing

Honestly such a beautiful and well-written story. I loved reading every minute of it. I can't wait to read Max's story as well as any other future writing projects from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

First time commenting on a story, but this was so wonderful. I absolutely cannot wait for the next additions you’ve teased are coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Don’t Stop!

Not only a great story but very well written. Please write some more. You are in my favourites and I will be looking for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing story!

Thank you for an engrossing and moving story of the remaking of a man. While the sex scenes were really hot and arousing, the power of your story affected my heart more than any other part of me. I really hope to read more from your hand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story I just had to read again. I hope you are healthy and consider writing more soon.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you anonymous. I've actually been sick for awhile and then got very busy with a new job and just life but I have a sort of book 1.5 mostly written. It started out as a short segue into book 2 but the characters write themselves and it became more segue and back story into the lives of the main characters and a bit of a glimpse of Halos and Heroes through their eyes as well as the wedding day which is where it takes place. Alot of questions answered.. Hope to finish before the end of the year and I also have book 2, All in Balls Out mapped out and partly written. Never enough time but thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was very good! So much emotion. Wow, thank you!🥰🥰🥰

Twink1o1Twink1o1about 2 years ago

Awe. I’m not crying you are 🥺🥺🥺😭😭😭just thank you I loved it so much very well written hope you write something again soon 💕💕💕💕

isuckcoxndixisuckcoxndixover 1 year ago

I kept myself from commenting on the other chapters simply because I just needed to say this at the end. You may or may not see this but at the end of the day, this needs to be said.

This was an incredible piece of literature. So well written. So imaginative. So brilliant. I fell in love with these characters - all of them. I've never Ben to Florida but I see and feel every detail. I have never been in a long-term relationship but I felt the struggles and the camaraderie and admiration and love! I loved the sex, even if I was pretty awestruck by Sam being predominantly a bottom. I was expecting more versatility but I still enjoyed the sensual and sexual acts. I loved the reconciliation between Sam and Ben, simply because I was rooting so hard for them. Sen? Bam? Idk, whatever the portmanteau of their conjoined names is, I was thrilled with the character development and landscaping of the emotional and physical scenes. As an amateur (aka wannabe) writer, I learned so much just be reading this.

I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Where can we find you outside of here? I'd love to read more from you, if there are other pieces. Great, great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey this is the anon that gets aggressive on those dumb comments.

Very late at finding your work, and I have to say, you did an excellent work on this story! Second time reading it and I can't help but getting immersed and be emotional during certain parts of the story.

I know that at the moment, life is a bit of a pain due to the circumstances going on, and I am sending you some good wishes that it will turn out better soon for all of us. Can't wait to see your future works, and I hope I will be earlier in reading it if possible!

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousover 1 year agoAuthor

Hey Anon 4 days ago :) I appreciate the support. I try and ignore the petty silliness but if my writing inspires some level of viceral reaction not necessarily always a bad thing I guess? Lifes kicking my butt as it usually does this time of year but I am trying to truck along, getting thoughts together to finish the segue piece 1.5 and 2, Max's story. I made playlists and collages of all the characters and stories as sort of mood boards so I'm dragging them out to try and get inspired. Just never enough time in a day! Thanks so much friend!

Cane23Cane238 months ago

I have recently discovered this amazing story at Literotica Hall of Fame. Firstly, I’ve been a bit mislead by subtitle (Can a retired Army Ranger and Episcopal Priest find love?) believing it is some sappy love story. What an underestimation, this story is all but that. As author herself says, the story is homage to American veterans, a truly monument to heroes and patriotism. But it is also the story of dysfunctional family, damaged people with serious issues developed by war trauma and family legacy. And yes, this is a love story.

Author tells the story of identical twin brothers, Sam and Connor Trammel with same look but different personality. Raised by abusive alcoholic father they become soldiers and national heroes. Sam is coming home, discharged due to PTSD complications. Connor is coming in a coffin. Connor left family behind – wife and two daughters. Although not alive, his shadow covers the lives of characters. We discover how deeply damaged person he was, prone to self-destruction. Being cruel to those who loved him, he constantly tried to reject them, probably not believing that he deserves happiness. Abusive and aggressive to wife and daughters is something he learnt at home. Repressing sexuality, Connor develops some sort of jalousie and rivalry toward Sam, hurting him by his final betrayal – having affair with Sam’s lover. An adrenaline junkie, Connor jumps into death, leaving deep scares to all who loved him.

Dealing with Connor’s betrayal, revelation about his abusive nature and, despite all, sincere brotherly love, Sam is faced with his own daemons – PTSD symptoms, personal self-destructing tendencies and lack of self-love. It is so hard for him to open and show his vulnerability to Ben and Ben, former escort, after his own redemption is perfect match for damaged Sam. Deep emotions, fantastic, sensual, sexual connection with climax when Sam finally being on top, also trigger the deepest fears and insecurities. After nightmare and unwilling attack on Ben, Sam does what Trammels usually do, escape and try self-destruction in sex and alcohol. It is Max, his childhood friend, brother soldier and longtime lover that, suppress his own selfish nature and prevent Ben from doing a lifetime mistake. Max, also damaged in his own way has the bright role in that moment (despite some, not so glorious moments in the past). I’m happy, and really hope that Max will get his own story soon.

I’ve tried to summarize some impressions regarding this fantastic story. It is so deep and profound, and the characters are so multidimensional and complex. Author went so deep in human psychology in a manner of some grate classical writers. She gives as hope in better future providing HEA for protagonists and, by wonderful “Top Gun” scene, when Sam throw Connor’s tags in the ocean, Sam and his family finally reach peace with themselves and with Connor too.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Simply SUPERB.

This is a moving and, for me, emotional, love story from a seriously talented author.

With well drawn characters, a believable plot and spot on dialogue this posting was a joy to read - and experience.

I thought the ending just perfect and the whole story deserves it's place in the Hall of Fame.

There are no recent postings from the author so I assume she has moved on with her life and hope it has worked out as she would hope.

I am so grateful for the posting, so thank you for creating and sharing - I will be back to it again when I need an uplift from life's dreary grind.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous7 months agoAuthor

Thanks to all new comments. I didn't even know I'd made the hall of fame! I am around...it's just been a difficult few years. Change of position. The pandemic and then I was diagnosed with MS after a year of tests and MRId and all sorts og things that have been just..alot. I have so many stories half done and none finished. I keep aiming to finish at least the segue and Max,but illness and med brain fog is a thing so I keep getting stuck worrying the next pieces won't be as good. But I appreciate all the support!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it so much, I am seriously thinking of joining. You must have had some unpleasant memories from the way you were able to relate to Ben. Hope all is well in your life now.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I read it second time and still love it. It is a fantastic story. I am just curious what inside the box Sofia gave to Sam was. Any letter Connor left for Sam?

Thanks

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous7 months agoAuthor

Anonymous it was Connors dog tags. When Sam shook the box and the distinctive rattle as he said, he knew what they were and then it goes on to say that Sam had Connors dog tags in his hand. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I read this story shortly after reading a news report of over 30,000 veteran suicides since the Iraq war and boy does that put this emotional roller coaster in context.

The writing is brilliant, the dialogue superb and every chapter contains some emotional nugget that hits you and bring tears to the eyes.

One of the best things I have read in years.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous5 months agoAuthor

FINALLY FINISHED BOOK 1,5, THE SEGUE PIECE AFTER HALOS AND HEROES! ALL OF THE CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED AND HOPEFULLY GET APPROVED SOONER THAN LATER. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

StraycatndcStraycatndc4 months ago

What an amazing piece of work! I starting reading after you recently posted the next installment. This is one of the best novels I’ve had the pleasure to read here on Lit. All chapters 5 stars!, even though that feature doesn’t work much of the time. Your writing style made for an easy read, and your characters so real that I feel like I know them, and really shines the light on the human tragedy of surviving military conflicts. This story was so good the sex wasn’t even needed, but much appreciated 😉

So looking for forward to your next book.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasAlmostFamous@WasAlmostFamous
Update: I know I haven't posted in so many years. I am around but after Covid and life/job changes I didn't have time. And then after years of symptons and a year of tests, I was diagnosed with MS so it's been a whirlwind with dealing with that, sleep deprivation and meds on t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES