All Comments on 'Hammer and Feather Ch. 01-07'

by Isemay

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
abiostudent3abiostudent3over 2 years ago

I really like your stories. I don't know what it is, but I find syrillia's tale to be... Confusing. I don't know if it needed a background tale to set up the timeline and preface it, or what, but....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn I love this storyline like no other on this site

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 2 years ago

To abiostudent3

I felt the same way but thought it was just me. This new tale seems so much easier to follow, probably because we already know most of the players. I’m going back and reading all of them again to see what I missed the first time! That’s what I love most about her writing, its depths and richness. There’s always something new to discover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok, I just found this story. And holy heckfire, do I like it!

wait....

Having read the other comments...should I have started somewhere else in this story line?

I'm still on the 1st page of this story.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 2 years ago

Oh yes . Let the tale continue . But you would be better informed to read Undying , and Golden Rook first . This girl can write though . I so love her stories . She has others on at least another site . That are also intense .

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

I couldn't get through the first page. All the names, and nothing to connect them. The breaking point was when you wrote about Syriella's eye being given to a dwarf by his mother, Syriella Hammersworn, and it was Syriella Hammersworn talkiing, I thought.

It was all just too confusing.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

These chapters progressed as they went. I, too, struggled with the first third, or half. The pace was just too fast, with too much happening.

The Syriella's Eye and two characters named Syriella was unnecessarily confusing. It could have been easily solved with a page or two of background, or simply giving it, or the characters different names.

The primary purpose of the written word is communication of information. If your readers are confused, you are not communicating effectively.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIsemay@Isemay
Constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Please do bear in mind it takes a little time to get things edited and approved! (0 currently pending) Flower Wine, Torgan Wine, and Kros Voyeh all take place in the same world. As far as events go, the order is Flowe...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES