All Comments on 'Hanging with Friends'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Completely unrealistic...

...and a whole lot of fun! Thank you. I enjoyed it immensely. 5*****

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years ago
That was a very neat twist!

The story worked very well.

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

taylorsamtaylorsamabout 4 years ago

Good story, loved it.

looking4itlooking4itabout 4 years ago

I liked this one. I loved the trick of connecting the nooses, putting each in charge of the others life. Interesting that they both jumped and it must have been fairly silmultaneous. That has to have an effect on someone's psyche that the person you trusted in an affair was willing to kill you to safe their own face or didn't trust you enough to stay on their own chair. Brilliant!

ohioohioabout 4 years ago
Nicely done!

Original, suspenseful, and just the right length for the story. I enjoyed it!

Thanks,

ohio

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Not Catholic

I'm not Catholic, but I sure do like Fr. John Paul . What a novel way to have a couple of cheating spouses repent their ins. Great Story.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 4 years ago
That's New!

Very, very, very nice!

ROFL 5*

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Hang it up

I don't know how the good Father caught them, but he sure hung them out to wet. What a great story about new cure for cheating. Somebody always knows.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 4 years ago
Interesting question

Take the 1-in-5/6 chance of blowing my own brains out, or take a shot at the assailant...Well, I imagine most forced games of Russian Roulette end with the player dead regardless; even if you "win", you'll likely be forced to keep playing until you lose, or your assailants will just kill you the old fashioned way. And taking a shot at an assailant is guaranteed death as well, until they are truly incompetent and don't have armed backup or a fully loaded gun to ensure your compliance. So kinda six one way, half-dozen the other, yeah?

That said, I like to think I'd roll the dice on taking at least one of the fuckers with me.

Now as far as the story goes, it's a nice break from the deluge of garbage brought to us by quarantine boredom and baffling fetishes. But as I've always maintained when it comes to stories like this, I just don't think it would be worth it.

If one has to go to such measures as big, theatrical productions and/or threats/promises of pain and death to ensure faithfulness, what's even the point? Why would anyone want somebody who needs that kind of wake up call? But I suppose that doesn't necessarily apply here, since it was done by a third party, with the wronged spouses none the wiser. And the cheaters were depicted as having more guilt than fear in the end and wanted to stay in their relationships for more altruistic reasons overall.

I give it a 4.

MollydaKatMollydaKatabout 4 years ago
The question asked by the Author

Was played out in a scene of the movie " The Deer Hunter "

****

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5* Wow! Very original plot. Prevention via potential hanging. No need to burn. Write On!!!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Biblical morality - literally compelled by the fear of God rather than a sense of common decency, fidelity and love. A disappointing lack of character for all too many. Five stars for originality alone. Thanks - very thought provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
clever

a very very very interesting tale

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
trying to decide if

this is anti-Catholic, or not??!

Not really sure, However, because of my confusion over the author's intention, I found myself liking it, for reasons of originality, and NOT liking it for reasons of painting both Catholics and priests unfavorably.

I mean people are human, Catholics are not immune to being flawed. But is there really a need to attack them in this forum? I think people can be offended by this story, AND others will find it hard to see why any offense should be taken? Both are true.

But ultimately, for me, I liked the image of the avenging angel, effective in bringing about change, and a cheater learning something and improving themselves, even if they were forced to..

Still, is it possible to get someone to see life or death ramifications without using religious bias in a story? Yes.

I want to give you 4, because I like stories that make people think. I just hope that most of the audience doesn't fixate on the fact that they were catholic as much as I did, while contemplating the story. Probably more enjoyable that way. Thanks very much for the efforts, and especially for trying something different and rare if not totally original around here.

Have a great day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So it seems to me the good father doesnt give a shit about his charges

Only in pumping up his stats

he facilitates lying cheating whores/bastards in their lying a cheating

there is no forgiveness without atonment, and lying to your spuse everyday is not atonment, it is more sin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mental exercises, inside a fictional story, on a porn site?

That's a tough nut to crack. The answer to your question about being forced to play Russian Roulette is an easy one. You do your best to kill the person that's trying to kill you. Self preservation rules. And after that number of incidents don't you think the Hotel, supposedly a first class establishment, would use better cameras, maybe hire a security patrol and catch the good Father red handed? Besides, ten times in the area and 5 times at that hotel would have drawn a LOT of interest from the police. As fallout I would think that the divorce rate in his parish would be out of sight, caused by people disappearing from the area. When you threaten people's lives most will run. Again - self preservation rules.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Twisty enough.

Thanks for the twisty short!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting concept

"... be very very very afraid."

Father John Paul appears to have abilities far beyond those of typical people. How does he know who the guilty are? Perhaps through the intercession of his sainted namesake?

Since he's attended weddings and other functions at the hotel, the staff know the good father and likely relax their security around him. Maybe JP has a way of blurring memories that he was there.

Interesting concept. 4 *s

green117green117about 4 years ago
Kinda like it

Not, as someone said, a piece driven by emotion - more of a fanciful essay on moral choice.

And, dear readers, consider that the good Father would be much too recognizable to be the hatchet man - whereas a maintenance man/mechanic would not be so public.

But, sorry, I must be meta... is a moral choice forced a moral choice? Is a low divorce rate a bad thing? If you could force someone to love you, would you do it?

Stuff like that.

Green-something

green117green117about 4 years ago
My score?

Worrying about whether it is anti-religious or against catholics, or priests, or such is such a downer I use my new metric to give this one 5 stars -

But really for the lighthearted title that tells me the author was having fun.

Green-something

Flar1958Flar1958about 4 years ago
Hey what you complaining

A little funny a little fear nice twist. Something new and fresh. All OK.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 4 years ago

Hilarious, I'm still chuckling much later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting and Different

Enjoyable too.

But 'original'? Some of our readers need to get out more. This was a much pursued theme by 19th and early 20th Century authors. The moral dilemma of sinning to prevent sin has been exhaustively explored since classical times, that is, for more than 2,000 years. Not to mention the pages of LW where offended husbands do illegal, immoral and downright ridiculous things because they don't like cheaters.

TeslerTeslerabout 4 years ago
What a Fun Read

Short and sweet. Thank you for the story. I know the BTB won’t like them getting off without any retaliation but the priest is keeping his flock together.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

A great surprise package. I am no longer very, very, very afraid!

@Gatsby ... At least two people had to be collaborating on this. Easily coulda been three.

The ‘hangman’ coulda been either the maintenance guy (the only one for whom We-The-Readers got a description) or the priest. There is a remote chance a third confederate did it! The only thing WTR are fairly sure of is that the maintenance put the suite back together after each incident mentioned. The priest is clearly involved, and not just because of the excess of “very’s”. Mainly because the other critical agent is someone with easy access a cheater’s name, assigned room number, history of reservations and surveillance video of an opposite sex person entering a recently occupied room in the early evening. Deskclerk asks priest if one or both of in-town repeat visitors is a parishioner. Same scenario occurs for one or both cheaters. Either Maintenance guy or Deskclerk can access the room, or priest if Deskclerk is in cahoots. Maintenance guy reads the directions, priest would probably have it down cold. but not definitive.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

A very interesting and thought-provoking piece. The question left unasked but probably implied by the writer - would you be happy with a cheating wife who was guaranteed never to stray again, if the change was not out of love for you but fear from an external threat?

That'd be a no from me, dog, but it's a good thought exercise.

But "vast majority" never being caught is a bit strong of a statement. You never know if the people who filled out those surveys were found out by their spouses eventually. So many things can go wrong. A spouse could find out ten years down the road, and be just as hurt as if it had happened that moment.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Short and unique

Very well done with a perfect ending.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 4 years ago
Well done!

Fellow readers, remember “there is nothing new under the sun.” However, this story is interesting and unique to this site..

As to getting away with their cheating, they were terrified, scared & scarred. Serious retribution for their sin. Of course it would be best if they resolved to become virtuous and go forth and sin no more on their own. On the other hand an escape from death will put the fear of god in them.

As to confessing the truth to their spouses, what would be the point of that? Ignorance is bliss... the adultery is done. How is the spouse the better for knowledge of it?

Personally, give me virtue or give me bliss

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I would have liked a final word on the relationship between the two fuck buddies, . . .

after they realized that each had taken the chance of killing the other.

Its a nice fairy tale. Eventually one or both of the cheaters will forget the consequences while reliving the fantastic cheating sex, and will cheat again.

Thanks for the effort.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Lovely!

A beautifully written and original story with a touch of unique and a moral in the end. Nicely done, M&M.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
On my

Loved this.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Father!!!

Well done Father!!! Too bad the cheated on spouses were kept in the dark...

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
Wow!

That was original!

And as usual, some interesting comments.

One about ignorance being a bliss.

I wonder how many people believe that.

One more story from the talented moreandmore.

Who, in my opinion, is one of the best writers

we've seen here.

Top ratings from me.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THE MARRYER....THE BURYER....THE FORGIVER.....THE COUNSELOR

the scribe and confessor. TK U MLJ. LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Works for me

Talk about going old testament on there asses. Sounds like both jumped.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
I love it

I like the idea. Keep it comming. Maybe give us a sequel

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

After reading this, this thought appears in my demented mind in true living sound:

“and now for something completely different.”.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Need a lot more priests like Father John Paul!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

And that’s how he became Pope John Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was their 4th meeting

I feel like the priest should go fuck himself, respectfully.. they already cheated, who the hell is he to decide on whether or not the innocent parties stay with the two lying, backstabbing cheaters?. Thats not his choice. I'm sure neither would've wanted to stay with two cheaters. He had no right to make the choice for them. So yeah, he should go fuck himself, respectfully. Had he done this before they cheated, I'd say, yay father. But that was their 4th meeting. At that point the marriages can not and should not be saved. ...

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 3 years ago
If only

the Catholic Church cared as much about the pedophiles in their ranks.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

So she's just going to wear conservative, frumpy clothes for her husband? Fuck that. Bitch wants to act like a slut, she better up her game for her husband and get those Louboutins out....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ohh shit OlFrog14x, you fucking destroyed them. Nice one tough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pity the respective partners didnot find out about the cheating spouse

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Original story line. 5 stars.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Three cheers for the Parish Priest and his stocky worker

4/5

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Original - I like original! 5*

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Soooo! I just wonder! 5 Stars again. Loved it. I didn't think of using that on my X, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pathetic!! Cheaters get away without their spouses finding out, that is totally fucked up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very different but not sure I can understand (jaybee186)

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooabout 2 years ago

Well done, a nice, mysterious ending to leave the reader guessing! Was it the maintenance guy or the priest...or are they one and the same. Or maybe some other undisclosed person? Excellent!

CaptFlintCaptFlintabout 2 years ago

Love the twist in this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting twist on how to prevent infidelity.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Very well done with the ending. I wonder what happened if or when one of them stepped/fell down from the chair? Father with a straight asks questions and give council. BTRH...

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Very interesting concept in getting his flock to remain faithful in their marriages. Sitting here reading and also watching 'The Dear Hunter' years ago, I would definitely pull the trigger on the other guy. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yup, sure nuff, that'd certainly make a person think a time or two bout the hanky and the panky. LP

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Loved the twist and originality.

Well done!

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
nice

good job Padre.

SlamnukeSlamnukeover 1 year ago

If only every church has a pastor or priest this dedicated to marriage then the world would be a far better place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What kind of fucked up theology has divorce as a worse sin than adultery?!? Also, there can be no repentance, and therefore no forgiveness, without confession TO THE PERSON WHO WAS WRONGED!!!!!

ZK

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

"Crystal also found Ricky had become a more considerate lover that the man she married."

Fuck you, too, Chrystal.

Maybe you're not rocking his world either...

What a bitch!

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

I agree with slamnuke. Good story thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Father John Paul's method of dealing with infidelity.

Laughing yet

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Additional

Also good handyman's help

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What would I do in that situation, dangling from the rope?

I wouldn't be in the situation to begin with.

If you are in a relationship, you have made vows. Temptations come along. They just do. I've been in the situation more than once where meeting a certain woman for the first time penetrated my consciousness, and I could see that I had the same effect on her. If I were a predator, I would know my target.

But I have already chosen, so my take on it is that I have already made the decision, and I ignore the initial attraction.

The funny thing is that it makes me treat that woman in a certain way. A distance is created, and all of a sudden things change. There is no longer that undercurrent. The woman seems to know there is a boundary and the situation is reset.

Attraction is always there, it's natural. Without it, the human species would have died out long ago, but if you make the conscious decision to act honorably, the next step... the flirtation, the testing of the waters, the betrayal that allows someone to get inside your defences... never happens.

I can never accept the excuse in these stories that someone just 'got closer' and became friends, which led to becoming lovers. The friendship is a pretense. They start out playing with fire and then let it get out of control. They began the whole thing out of an interest in someone of the opposite sex... a base desire to couple, even if they deny it to themselves.

Kill the temptation in it's opening stage and live an honorable life. That's the only choice. If you do that and your partner fails, then it's 100% on them.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jigsaw: "I want to play a game.

"You're Probably Wondering Where You Are. I'll Tell You Where You Might Be. You Might Be In The Room You Die In.

"Live or Die Make Your Choice."

"Congratulations, You Are Still Alive. Most People Are So Ungrateful To Be Alive... But Not You, Not Anymore."

Lolz! Awesome story bro

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hmmm. Not too sure about this one. Started well enough but then fizzled out into nothing, leaving two unconnected people blissfully unaware that they'd been cheated on. Ho hum.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I guess if you believe in forgiving them this may be a good story.

woodwardwoodward5 months ago

HHAAA!!. Got the joker.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A case of better late than never. Couldn't he have stopped it before they fucked the first time? Anyway I'd rather know and not have to stay with someone that betrayed me like that. That's just me though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very very clever story. A total mindfck of the two cheaters. I'm not sure about the morals of this scenario including the cheated on spouses being left in the dark. I can see why that is wrong but can also see the justification behind it too. It raises the whole question of is it ok to do an evil thing to stop a bigger evil? In this scenario Crystal and Sam are happy and feel their marriages are stronger and better. As the innocent parties they have gained. Is it better that they don't know? I'm not condoning cheating at all but if they find out then they will suffer as the betrayed partners and may have worse lives. It's a philosophical question that I don't think can ever be answered as no situation is black and white. I'm sure some people would rather never know but am equally sure that some would. As for the question about what would I do if I was on the chair? Difficult to answer as I wouldn't have been there in the first place. I've tried to think about this and am struggling for an answer. I'm someone who would jump into a river to save a stranger even though it puts me at risk so a part of me is saying no I wouldn't step off to save myself and cause harm to another. But part of me is thinking can I trust someone else to protect me when they are untrustworthy so maybe I should protect myself first. This really is an immensely clever story both in its plot and the questions it poses. If I could score this more than a 5 I would for those reasons. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Hehe nasty and provocative. Like when Leanna figured it out in the confessional and fainted. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

cheaters got off too easy!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...