All Comments on 'Hansel and Gretel Twenty Years On'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
INTERESTING .......

take on one of the biggest scourges on the planet, and as we have come to expect, well thought out and written.

Sadly, your end sentiment is one I have tried to follow and have failed on many attempts.

Its not easy when the sinner keeps committing the same sin at the expense of everyone else.

Still, I enjoyed the story :)

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
Bravo!

And a couple more 'Bravos!' for luck. Brilliant story, Wax, a first-rate parody of the noir-type police procedural. It might be interesting to hear how Cinderella got snared by Granny Witch. Was her Fairy Godmother off-duty or doing good works somewhere else? And did Cinders hock her glass slippers to pay for her fixes? Maybe there's another story hanging in there.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 5 years ago
Not bad

Not every story has to be about sex, I though this was an interesting twist on a fairy tail, plus making candy out to be a drug was pretty good

InPennyInPoundInPennyInPoundover 5 years ago
Wow.

WP, thank you.

I'm a recovering drug addict. Got seven hard fought years clean this past September. Reason I tell you this is so you can understand how profoundly this affected me, in a good way. Oddly enough, I grew up hearing all the fairy tales and believing that is how life is supposed to be but it wasn't. Not even close. So I escaped to my own "fairy tale" existence with the aid of drugs. This is not to say fairy tales of old have unrealistic expectations to the point of driving people to use. Just that this twisting and meshing to a more realistic, albeit grim, telling hit so close to home that I loved it. Granted I tend to be a bit morbid in my humor so maybe I just like twisted stories? Lol. Gah, I have rambled way to much so I'll end with this..... Thank you for this.

stroudlestroudleover 5 years ago
Brilliant

A very thought provoking insight into a world where candy is the hard drug of choice, an inspired choice. And Cinderella's pressure she feels was very relevant and valid in today's world.

I was transported directly into a seedy dark world where much beloved characters of old are given a new lease of life and brought upto date . A more than satisfactory ending indeed, when are yours anything but? Gretel in seeing her love and how she is suffering decides perhaps its time to reach out to her Mother after all. As I said, brilliant WP and 5 much deserved stars for you and a fav.

👗 A nice new clean dress for Cinderella

🍭 Like to ram this somewhere up granny witch

🐺 Hyram Woolfe

📱Pinocchio can have his own phone now

👭 Gretel and Cinderella, sorry haven't got a symbol where Gretel is more appropriately dressed

TrueMortTrueMortover 5 years ago
So good it is as addictive as chocolate 😊

Wax these are really excellent I confess I am torn between living these and living RvR for first spot in my favourite reading currently

Keep them coming 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Great story. The "Urban Fantasy/Fairytale"-Theme reminded me a lot of the "Fables" Comic Books by Bill Willingham (which I love, so please take it as a huge compliment)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Total crap.Ridiculous waste of time and talent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...