All Comments on 'Happy Little Family'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne10 months ago

Yes. A realistic look at the outcome of infidelity. 5 stars.

other2other1other2other110 months ago

A very different point of view in looking at infidelity, it was awkward and cringeworthy, but due to the characters, not the writing.

Really well done!

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

Brilliant & realistic.

An original story.

5/5

300WSM300WSM10 months ago

GreT story line.

MasterKoteMasterKote10 months ago

I'm surprised there are not more stories on how the kids deal or feel with their cheating parents

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

Good story and a more unique look at the effects of divorce on children than I have seen on this site. Only a stumble or two in the grammar which made it hard to follow knocked this to a 4 star effort. Excellent potential for a follow up from the jilted spouse’s point of view with children back with them and/or a look at how long the cheaters survive together.

Robby_DRobby_D10 months ago

Oh, if it only were that simple. Nice story but quite the fantasy. 4 stars.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion10 months ago

Sorry. I must have read a different story. 2-stars is too hard and 3-stars to gracious. Put 10 family counselors in the same room with the same set of facts and you won't find two that will agree with each other, let alone with you. I do agree that Anthony is an ass and a bully. Wendy needs to take the rose-colored glasses off and see what is really happening around her. Sending the report to the family court judges that original heard the case was a good thing. I feel better now and will climb down from my soap box now.

irinmikeirinmike10 months ago

A great story that unfortunately occurs every day because of parents like those depicted in this story. Immediate gratification has become the norm in our society. If something does not work throw it away, rather than stay and try to fix it. Thanks for this story!

BeBopper99BeBopper9910 months ago

5* Excellent story dealing the effects of an affair on children who are the biggest losers in a divorce.

BlueFox007BlueFox00710 months ago

As a father, that was a tough read, but a much needed one.

Children are affected by their parents actions, and when those

actions are totally self serving, the children suffer. These parents

we’re beyond selfish. Their marriage has no chance of success. How

could the court have got it so wrong? Do what’s best for the kids.

Thank you Dalton. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Boring. Where is the loving wife? Divorced, remarriage and forcing children into the arena is a sure cause for disaster.

Ekim730Ekim73010 months ago

A refreshing take. Michael as protagonist allowed the kids to be themselves instead of either parents' ally.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm10 months ago

wonder what the cuck fraternity thinks of this story? Wait we already know anonymous posted it. Where is the loving wife? Lets see I believe her name is Wendy. And the man responsible Anthony. Gee, read the story you'd better if you want to comment. Remember this is a story about two families torn apart and another blended family getting ripped to shreds. Thats what cuck stories end in. Maybe they do need to read this.

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Interesting story on what can happen to the children of divorce and infidelity. Have a feeling this happens far more than anyone thinks.

jflindersjflinders10 months ago

I would like this story a lot better if somehow an equivalent plot could be created without Michael completely overstepping his bounds and unethically revealing information from the counseling sessions. He owed his clients a duty of confidentiality and he had no right to prepare a custody report and sending it to the court.

(Michael may, depending on the laws of his jurisdiction, have a duty to report Anthony striking Oscar to the local child protection agency, but that would be all he could report. That duty would not give him any right to breach his duty of confidentiality to any extent beyond the step parent striking the child.)

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

It was good to read a story that looks at the true damage that’s done to the children in a divorced family. I know society down plays it to soothe the hearts of the millions that divorce, but children never come out of a divorce (unless there’s abuse) better than they were. You can only hope to minimize the damage to their psyches. 4.8*

Wavedave45Wavedave4510 months ago

"finally being forced to take responsibility and face the consequences of their infidelity and betrayals."

lol oh no no no no, that's not how this works. See what's going to happen is that they're going to blame this all on Michael and convince themselves that he had it in for them. They will lose their kids and completely ignore all that had just happened. They will divorce and go to their kids and say something that makes themselves sound really stupid like "It's okay I'm divorced now we can have a relationship again"

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great take from an unexpected perspective

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I almost never say this, but this story - while fairly good - could have stood to be a bit longer. The couple’s breakdown at the end feels a bit more informed than earned, because we haven’t really seen them have to marinate in their faults.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Wow, reality on a fantasy site that’s a bold move.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So well done. Rare if ever seen a story develop from this viewpoint. Excellent. TC Ireland

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Narciists are possibly the most toxic personalities on the planet. The way they damage others and deny responsibility through deflection and gaslighting makes them unfit for parenting and dooms all their relationships to failure. Good job in highlighting a problem that afflicts too many relationships.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Good story, very evocative

Scores 4/5

LanmandragonLanmandragon10 months ago

A hard-hitting and evocative story; nice to see some reality here and to look at the horrors that children from broken homes sometimes have to endure.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Micheal would be the victim in a mugging shortly after this meeting. You can't fix stupid by being more so. Writing is ok, just.

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

5 stars - the same thing happened between my parents and my siblings.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Terrific work, from someone with 10 years experience working with youth at risk. Now I have to check out the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Took the peel off of cheating and exposed the rotten fruit of infidelity inside.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Different take for an erotica site, but reality always trumps fantasy. And often reality is ugly. No question - 5*. Well done, Dalton402.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A unique handling of the subject. Also the two of them show much less maturity. These two are a perfect example of the grass is greener till the dog pissed on it. Good story and very well told.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done. An accurate perspective of the effects of divorce from a child's mind. As a child of divorce, it still hurts me 50 years later. Adultery is the most selfish act a person can perpetrate. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A couple of points: I think this story is miscategorized. It should be in “Non-Erotic,” not in “Loving Wives.” On the other hand, there are some really high-scoring stories in LW which aren’t actually about the subject of the category, so my opinion on the matter clearly isn’t that big a deal.

I thought it was an excellent story which failed to achieve greatness because of the very last paragraph, That paragraph is pretty clearly an attempt to tie up everything in a neat little bow because you ran out of story to tell. The problem is that it’s totally implausible and entirely unrealistic.

Narcissists don’t feel remorse very often, and when they do, it’s is generally ONLY because they have been caught doing something they weren’t supposed to do and did anyway. The remorse is solely because they got caught, not because they did wrong, Because to a narcissist, doing something to satisfy one of their wants is NEVER wrong. Anthony and Wendy certainly would not feel remorse in this situation, Rather, they would be angry, furious even, because Michael is denying them something that they want and feel entitled to. And recommending therapy for a narcissist is pointless, because a narcissist will never admit that there is anything wrong wrong with them, and therefore will never change.

If you had taken the time to continue the story, and, say follow Wendy and Anthony as they try to continue their marriage without the children, continually tearing at each other because neither will ever admit to being at fault for the loss of their dreams, until their relationship is utterly destroyed, (which if this were real life is what would inevitably happen,) this might have been a truly great story. And at that point it WOULD arguably belong in LW.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

MasterKote - It’s really difficult to write erotica that also focuses on the effect of divorce on the children caught up in the disaster. Not impossible. But that sort of story is literary realism, and most readers come here to find fantasies that resonate with them.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl10 months ago

I liked it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story. Sad story. Children always pay the price. 5 Stars

AngelRiderAngelRider10 months ago

I appreciate that you developed the children in an honest and realistic manner. Many stories portray similar emotions on display here but you went a little further than most. Making the children's emotional state the centerpiece is such a departure from these kinds of stories. I liked it.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Engaging for a counsellor story. BTB&B!

Ridiculous69Ridiculous6910 months ago

This one is so true , and sad. I’ve seen it happen to so many divorced couples. The one who cheats seems to have little respect for the other spouse and hardly any acceptance that their actions destroyed their family. The kids can survive if they are given a chance to steer way happens to them post divorce. Can’t just force everyone to become an instant family

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I don't like cheaters but in the same breath in my day the parents were in charge and the children were seen and not heard did what were told and shut their mouths when you turn 18 than you can do what the fuck you want.

SexecutionerSexecutioner10 months ago

Props for coming up with an "out of the box" subject for a story. Well written and well told.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker6010 months ago

The sad part is in reality, nothing would change, except that the kids would grow older and eventually get out of the house and never return. The happy couple will probably get divorced over one or both cheating AGAIN. Once a cheater always a cheater. Just a matter of time.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

3* for the interesting read. But, there is no way a family therapist conducts themselves in the manner that this one did. Very unbelievable. Think the author had the therapist act to how he wanted the story to unfold. It is fiction so that’s ok, but I think it detracted from the believability of story. It was a well written one though and flowed smoothly

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Memo to bluefox. You do realize this is a fictional story, right? It’s not a documentary

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Great story! This is a new angle for a LW story showing how two cheaters, living their lie, destroyed two families and the lives of their children. They are trying to force damaged children to play happy family with the very people they blame for disrupting their former lives. This is a story worth reading for everyone, especially the happy cheaters who think only of themselves.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

THANK YOU!! Finally someone who truly understands that parents who betray their spouses are also betraying their children! Especially if they side with their affair partner over them!! I would love to see a Part 2. One in which the cheating individuals DO NOT get a happy ending together! Or at all really. Thank you for your work! :)

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine10 months ago

I liked Michael.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thankyou. An honest counsellor. Wow!

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

I think I'd like to see more stories from Michael's casebook, please. A good story that looked under the hood of a car which turned out to be a cobbled together ringer.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

I really liked the psychology of this story. The ending was appropriate for the children and probably begins the separation of the canoodling adults. Andrew’s former wife is more than likely a product of his controlling character.

I would like to see a sequel that defines a rational outcome.

Thanks

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196910 months ago

this should be in the non-erotic category

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good realistic approach to the issues.

LifesearchLifesearch10 months ago

Great point of view.

GerMagGerMag10 months ago

Thank you for the story which unfortunately does happen and probable more often than we realize. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting take, from an entirely different perspective. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It's a good story, but it sort of moves along like a slow mudflow.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very erotic

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Seems a bit unfinished. Chekov's gun says you should never introduce an item that you won't use later. You said Harry might be attracted to Sara. You can't just drop that. Also, the report won't help Sara's mom's financial position. That shouldn't have been dropped. You should circle back several months down the road to show what happens to these shattered families.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The therapist would lose his license for sending the report to the court. All he can do is report to child welfare or police. The court can’t sue sponte restart a custody case

kencorokencoro10 months ago

If you've been around a twelve year old, you'll know they don't behave like that.

That's kindergarten aged behavior.

fausttusfausttus10 months ago

Great

Another writer who writes about what he doesn't know. GOOD writers do research into topics they write about but don't know well.

Your doctor would lose his license to practice and face a charge of malpractice if he did what you had him do.

SenorThatHombreSenorThatHombre9 months ago

Well written story and I am glad the family therapist set the two down and put reality in their faces finally.

This story should be in the Non-Erotic category though. Besides that it was a quick and decent read. Pace maintained steady and I don’t recall any mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I would love to see a part two where this couple loses everything while their children and exes flourish. What horrible parenting! The father seems terrible all-around, but what kind of "loving" mother behaves this way! Wow!

mainer42mainer429 months ago

very well told story. Crackerjack therapist and problem solver

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

Probably unrealistic but I'd love a second part with the exes getting together, meeting each other through the kids and making a relationship with the kid's approval. Get everything that Anthony and Wendy want, a truly happy little family, but with them miserable on the outside looking in. Two terrible people who abandoned their families and were abandoned in return.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Would live to read a follow up on this one

Good luck

SithLord6969SithLord69699 months ago

Awesome story. 5 stars and a fave!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You two are assholes and hurting everyone around you !!! And finally a therapist not talking out of his (or her) ass

inka2222inka22229 months ago

4.5 stars overall for the ending and the therapist being awesome. Honestly, he should have also sent the "hit Harry" report to CPS.

..

The only problem with this story is a rather unrealistic setting regarding Sarah and her mom. I can easily believe the so-called "family" in-justice system forcing the boys to live with their egg donor and her asshole lover, because she's a female and that makes her somehow more important. And believing the lies she spread in courts with zero evidence. That sounds very realistic.

..

But there's no way I would believe that Sara's mom wouldn't get full custody AND most of the cheater-boy's money, since in this case that same court wouldn't even have to squint or hold their nose when they side with the female. This made the story super unrealistic (I know the author needed it to make the story work, but it's about as unrealistic as making this aliens' fault).

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story of cheating and consequences.

Not only on adults But also children

Very believable

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story but seems unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

“Scorecards, get your score cards here! You can’t tell the players without a scorecard!”

deependerdeepender7 months ago

Therapy for narcissism! I missed that before. Vicks Vaporub for leprosy, Tylenol for dementia, yerba buena for Alzheimer's. Yup Sure, why not?

enderlocke77enderlocke776 months ago

Rofl, last two comments funny

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

One of most realistic stories I have read on this site. Families like this are never ‘blended’. They are ‘salads’ - disparate parts tossed together. Sometimes salads taste good, but never pretend they are smoothies.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright6 months ago

Wow! What kind of therapist is this, siding with the kids. Kids don't pay the bills, sometimes you have to learn to make the best of bad situations. They should learn that now before they step into the real world, where there won't be sum crack pot therapist coddling their feelings.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

Brings up some good points about problems in a blended family. Story ends way too soon and omits important information about finances of innocent divorced spouses.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When I was teen I would have happily "Menendezed" (that means killed) the cheating parents in the kids situation, I luckily had really good parents (I have my own altered version of the 10 commandments one of which is "Honor thy mother and father, IF they deserve it" and these 2 don't) and eventually gained a more stable state of mind.

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago
We need a Michael series

Or reuse him anytime a story calls for a counselor.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

Thank you for a great story, and I agree with sdc97230: Michael really deserves more stories, if you have any.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

More please. Great story. Thanks.

LanmandragonLanmandragon5 months ago

A remarkable insightful view of an impossible situation - even if it is fiction. Thank you for this, all too seldom the situations of children of divorces are looked at so closely.

Calico75Calico755 months ago

Well done! An impossible situation with two very selfish parents.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

“You can't help who you fall in love with”

The battle cry of the unaccountable! Love is a choice, and an action. People absolutely can “help it”, because there’s no such thing as “falling in love”.

In a better society, the adulterers would have been put to death. The betrayed would have been given new, better spouses. The children would understand justice, and would be happy!

ZK

mariverzmariverz2 months ago

Siempre vuelvo aqui

Cito22Cito2224 days ago

You need a 10 star option for this 3 part series. Please continue Micheal !!!!!

Dalton402Dalton40223 days agoAuthor

@Cito22, There is a 4th one in the works and a spin-off with Wendy's first husband which is more romance but Wendy does make an appearance. I'm also trying to figure out how to write one for Anthony's first wife.

@Literotica, Can we have a Loving Husbands category too so we can write about asshole husbands? My next Family Therapy With Michael will fit in there.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES