Happy Little Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dalton402
Dalton402
413 Followers

"Would you be prepared to say all this to your Mum?" Michael asked gently.

"For fuck sake," Harry said irritably. "So that's why I'm here. I only came to see Oscar. Fine! But I'm only doing it for Oscar, no one else."

"Thank you, Harry," Michael said gratefully. "How about you Oscar?"

"Ok, but only if Harry is here," Oscar agreed.

Wendy, Oscar and Harry

Wendy nervously entered. She would have heard what happened between Anthony and Sara and what Sara thought of her so she probably was worried she was going to get the same treatment.

"Wendy, why don't you talk to Oscar and Harry."

Wendy sat and thought for a moment, unsure what to say before she began, "Harry, Oscar, I love you both so much."

"Love us so much that you kicked me out and took the word of that asshole over your own sons?" Harry retorted.

"Harry, it was just a misunderstanding, if you would just apologise, you can come back home."

"I am home with Dad and Oscar should be with us too! He would be if you hadn't made up those lies in court. The only misunderstanding is why you chose that control freak over Dad."

Wendy wrung her hands in her lap, "Anthony is a good man. He cares for Oscar. You love him, don't you?" Oscar shook his head vigorously and Wendy looked at her youngest son in horrified disbelief, "That's not true Oscar! Tell Harry the truth," she demanded.

"I don't like him, Mum. He hates Harry and I can't like any who hates Harry. I don't like how he always makes me do what he wants. I hate his football team. I want to go back to live with Dad and Harry and do Karate again like we used to."

Wendy began to sob and took several tissues, "I can't believe you're doing this to me, doing this to Anthony! I love you both, I need you with me!"

She tried to embrace both boys but Harry pushed her away. For the first time, this angry young man became emotional,

"No, Mum. While you're with that asshole, I don't have a Mum," Harry told her cruelly.

Wendy looked like she had been stabbed in the heart by not only Harry's rejection and her son's us or him ultimatum but also how Oscar resolutely stood by him by confessing his disliked her husband as much as his brother. Wendy broke down completely.

Michael once again felt his anger rise.

Anthony and Wendy

Michael looked at Anthony and Wendy with his hand over his mouth in silence. The newly married couple sat in front of him looked ashen-faced.

After what felt like an eternity, Michael began to speak with a hint of hostility in his voice, "I assume you both have read my report and you agree it isn't pleasant reading for either of you." Anthony and Wendy slowly nodded their heads. "I will verbally go through the report then you can have your say. Firstly, your children are healthy and well-rounded individuals. I was particular impressed by Harry and Oscar's love for each other. But that is not thanks to either you. In my over twenty years as a family therapist where I have dealt with just about every family issue you can think of, I have never met two such narcissistic people. I don't know if you two deserve each other or are toxic for each other." Both Anthony and Wendy recoiled from Michael's fierce criticism.

"You came to me asking for help to get Sara to adjust to the new family situation. After a little digging, I opened a whole can of worms. The root cause of your problems is that both of you are still living in an affair mode, putting your own wants and needs above everyone else. When I heard you speak, all I heard was what you wanted and what you needed. I had hoped in these sessions you would begin to ask your children what they wanted and needed but to my disappointment you never did."

"When you have a marriage born from infidelity then, as far as your children are concerned, you have made a rod for your own back. Sara has an intense dislike of you, Wendy, she won't even say your name. She sees you as a homewrecker, the source of her mother's unhappiness and financial insecurities and someone trying to take over as her mother. I think I agree with her. Anthony, you are fully aware that Harry hates you but you probably aren't aware how much Oscar dislikes you too. I also have real concerns with your controlling and bullying behaviour. You force Oscar only to do activities that you deem appropriate, not what he wants. I can recommend both of you a good therapist for your narcissistic and controlling behaviour, if you would like me to."

"Wendy, you are not Sara's mother, so stop trying to be. Anthony, you are not Oscar's father, you also need to stop trying to be. If there was a worse way to bring two families together as one then you found it. You essentially forced complete strangers together and expected them to be one big happy family. You are living an illusion and a fantasy, fed by your own wants and needs and that fantasy has now been ripped to pieces. Both of you are oblivious to the feelings of your children. I have no idea how you possibly thought that it would work."

"What neither of you realise is that when you betrayed your former spouses, you also betrayed your children. Betrayal and divorce have a profound effect on children. I've seen some parents lose their children because of their infidelity and those that don't, never have the same relationship again. The pair of you are very close to that scenario. I am also seeing cracks in your own relationship, probably because you were forced together by the consequences of your infidelity."

"Worst of all, Wendy, you threw out your own son because of his argument with Anthony and I am in no doubt that you pressured Wendy in doing that, Anthony."

"It was a misunderstanding," Wendy insisted, wiping away a tear.

"It was no misunderstanding, Harry struck Anthony defending Oscar. Striking a child is excusable in itself but you took Anthony's side resulting in your own sons living separately. Your sons are very close and it was not in their interest for that to happen. That is unforgivable. I take no pleasure in doing this but I have sent my report to the judges in the family courts which handled your divorces recommending that your former spouses should get full custody of your children. I'm sorry, I have to take a hardline when children's safety is concerned."

"No, you can't do that!" Wendy said horrified, tears streaming down her face.

"Don't you dare send that report!" Anthony said threateningly.

"I already have," Michael said impassively.

"What can I do to get my boys back," Wendy asked, barely holding herself together.

"Go to therapy for your narcissism and spend time alone with them without Anthony. Rebuild your relationship with them and be a mother, not Anthony's mistress. I'm sorry but you will never have a relationship with Sara. Anthony, you will never have a relationship with Oscar and Harry either but you do need to rebuild your relationship with Sara on her terms, not yours."

"Do you have anything you would like to say or have any questions?"

The broken and exposed couple shook their heads and walked out knowing that they were finally being forced to take responsibility and face the consequences of their infidelity and betrayals.

Dalton402
Dalton402
413 Followers
12