All Comments on 'Hard Landing Ch. 02'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
A very good chapter!

Very well done! I like that you're taking the time to develop these two! Thank you!

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago
Loving this

Keep it up! Loving the buildup, life as a roadie and looking forward to more. Kind of dreading the future deployment though. Those can be pretty rough, especially if Jo wants to stick around for retirement.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Still going strong!

Wow, chapter 2 was all I hoped it would be an more. I love the character development and slow burn. Please continue this story! Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I see...

.... this is going to be a hell of a story. Can‘t wait to follow you... Thx a lot!

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 4 years ago

... I wondered if she'd found that thing that brings her happiness yet. I knew music was a big part of her soul, but I felt sure that she was still looking for something else. I wondered if she ever let anyone get close enough to her to find out what it was. I wondered if I could manage it.

Lovely way to end this one ;)

barb45barb45about 4 years ago

Amazing... Captivating... Loved your writing.. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gosh.

Well now I've found your writing, I'm a happy little camper. A delectably delicious read.

ScloseeScloseeabout 3 years ago
Amazing

I’m excited to see if blue girl can help Jo find her happiness! Great writing with more to come. Wonderful character development.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Building Nicely

Looks like a classic with the slow burn developing. Lovely writing and still drawing out the characters nicely.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

sorted. im binging on to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Exquisitely written, my attention still biting !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sooo... like are the Rotors the world's biggest non-gimmick cover band or is this a slightly alternate universe where cover bands succeed, because I can tell you from experience, the only festivals that invite cover bands are more bar mitzvahs than festivals.

Great writing. Im totally absorbed.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

Command voice can be very intimidating to people not accustomed to it. I've used it in some situations where I needed to move people away from an area quickly. Scares the hell out of them when that booms out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Re Anonymous and cover bands.

That may be your experience but mine is different.

You see the second best concert I ever went to was a local cover band. They performed some Bowie, Stones, Lou Reed, Dobie Gray and others. Their cover versions of every song was far better than any of the originals.

I have spent 30 plus years wondering who is it who decides whether a band will be popular or not. Who gets a break? Who gets a record contract? ( As it was then) Who gets ignored?

This cover band had such a great show with the lighting, the vocals, the instruments, the costumes, the interaction with the audience and their on stage antics. To me it is one of life's great tragedies that they were never recognized beyond our small country.

Paul McCartney's concert is still the best I have seen or heard.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

The day when any label or lame radio station gets to decide who gets heard is, thankfully, completely over.

Any band, cover or not, can get their stuff heard (and even sold) with no help from labels or studios or radio stations. It is finally about the art and not the parasitic art establishment of MBAs that don't know jack about art, whatever kind of art it is.

Period.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, and I write for fun. Mostly I write about romance with a generous helping of social justice issues on the side. I hope you enjoy my writing. If social justice issues are not your thing, please feel free to move on to other ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES