Harmony: Blessed But Not Perfect

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moving In

In the Evening

Shanice and Ryan purchased everyone pizza and wings. About an hour and a half later most had left. Debbie, Tamika, Alice, and Bree stayed behind to help Harmony finish the second floor. Debbie and Tamika were setting up the two bedrooms across from Harmony's room; these rooms faced the road. Alice and Harmony were working on Harmony's bedroom. This bedroom over looked the skinny back yard. Bree was working on the full bath in the hallway between the two bedrooms. There was another full bath attached to Harmony's room. The ladies were finding wrong boxes in the wrong rooms. It was obvious the movers mixed up the bedrooms.

Alice and Harmony became best friends in college. Alice was Caucasian with: long blond hair, green eyes, wore glasses, and grew up on a farm. They helped one another get through college. Both were the first ones in their families to graduate from college. After graduating both felt college was overrated and even with scholarships was to expensive. Both were now running their own business. Alice and her husband ran an apple orchard and a train themed bed and breakfast (this was all on one property). So far they purchased and restored: four cabooses, two dinning cars, two long box cars they attached (they converted these cars into a rec area with a whirlpool and a small pool), and built a large hall and restaurant exactly like a famous train depot. Alice had driven two hours to help her friend.

Bree was a twenty-two year old Afro-American woman who worked for Harmony. She was willing to learn anything Harmony or Debbie taught her. Bree was attending a tech college to become an electrician. Her dream was to own her own company one day. Many of her friends and family felt she was being foolish. Bree's Dad, Debbie, and Harmony felt differently. Harmony often times pulled Bree off to the side and explained her business decisions. There was no doubt working for Debbie could be demanding. This being stated, everyone felt she was a great manager and all believed she was a key to the success of Harmony's store. Bree would do anything these two ladies asked her. Luckily for Bree, both Debbie and Harmony, never asked her to do anything she couldn't handle.

Tamika and Debbie were both in their twenties. Tamika being the youngest was: five four, light skinned, petite, had poofy short curly hair, dark eyes, a diamond shaped face, a cute smile, small breasts, and a noticeable backside. Debbie was two years older than Tamika. Tamika was five eight, was lighter skinned than Tamika, her breasts were slightly larger, she was curvier in the hips, had noticeable strong legs, and was dedicated to working out. It appeared as though she was a natural blond but up close you could see natural dark highlights throughout her hair. Both had high foreheads, similar chins, and wider smiles. The difference being Debbie had a longer nose and luscious lips.

Tamika was wearing a mustard colored knitted stripped cardigan with a black crew neck T-shirt, high waisted dark blue jeans, and store brand athletic shoes. She was without makeup. She was wearing simple post earrings.

Debbie was wearing: a black crop top, her hunter colored velour ruched hoodie was unzipped, she matched this with hunter colored velour stacked joggers. She added expensive brand named athletic shoes. She was wearing light makeup, her hair was in a pony tail, and was wearing large hoop earrings.

Both ladies were thankful they wore layers. Currently the condo was somewhat cool. It was becoming warmer ever since Ryan and another husband showed Harmony how the furnace and air conditioning worked. She would have figured it out herself but she let them be men.

Tamika grabbed a wide red and white box with a vendor's name written on the side. On the top of the box, in red marker, the box read, "Harmony's Bedroom" and"Private." Tamika missed Harmony's note because of the box being red and the red marker Harmony used to mark this box. Tamika quickly cut the tape. She set the box down onto the floor and lifted the cover.

Tamika's eyes went wide. She blushed.

She tried to put the cover on but was struggling with the box.

Debbie looked over. It was obvious Tamika was struggling.

Debbie asked, "You need help?"

Blushing Tamika answered, "No."

Debbie in her Wisconsin accent said, "We're supposed to unpack. Not put her stuff back into the box?"

A blushing Tamika answered, "I know. I'm doing fine."

Debbie could tell her sister was far from fine.

"Let me put the cover on."

"No it's okay."

Debbie being a demanding older sister said, "I'll get it."

"But..."

Debbie grabbed the cover and was about to set the cover back on.

Tamika blushed again.

The two ladies looked at one another.

Debbie set the cover off to the side.

Tamika in a panicked whisper, "That's private."

Debbie whispering back, "Why did you open the box?"

"I didn't mean too."

"We're not going to say anything."

Tamika answered, "That's not the point. How would you feel if someone went through your sex toys?"

"I'd show them."

Tamika easily believed this.

Debbie picked up a black box with a picture of a glow in the dark five inch suction cup dildo printed on the side. The box was somewhat beat up and the cover had been opened numerous times.

"I didn't know they made this? I'll have to find out if they make them bigger."

Tamika believed Debbie would stop at an adult toy store on her way home.

Debbie carefully put it back the way it was. She quickly glanced over at the bedroom door.

Tamika said, "I feel guilty."

"I feel guilty too."

Tamika asked, "Then why are we looking at her toys?"

"Aren't you curious?"

Tamika reluctantly answered, "Yeah."

Tamika felt odd looking at her friends sex toys.

Debbie again glanced at the bedroom door.

Debbie picked up a short white box. The picture on the side was of a three inch glass dildo. Like the other box the cover had been opened numerous times. She again placed this toy in the large printed box exactly like she found it.

Tamika pointed to another box. They assumed it was the first toy Harmony purchased. The picture on the box was of a beige colored lifelike penis with a suction cup. The title of the toy was, "Little Willy. My First Toy." It was five and a quarter inches long.

Debbie pointed, "Look at that one."

Tamika's eyes became wide.

On the box was a picture of a white suction cupped dildo that squirted.

Debbie picked it up and read the box.

Tamika asked, "It squirts?"

Debbie answered, "It's not big enough."

"How big is it?"

"It's seven and half inches long. The insertable length is five and half inches."

"How many guys are larger than that?"

Debbie looked at her sister, "I'm not into small cocks. Plus it's about the fantasy."

"Doesn't it hurt?"

Debbie pointed to a bottle of lube, "See the lube?"

Tamika answered, "I suppose."

Debbie put the toy back exactly the way she found it.

Debbie mentioned, "She must like white guys."

Tamika pointed to a black four and a half inch cylinder type of dildo with a suction cup. The clear part of the box was buckled in. Like the others it had been opened multiple times.

Tamika mentioned, "I didn't know they made them like that?"

"You know what that's for?"

Tamika shook her head, "No."

"Your backside."

Tamika's eyes went large and she blushed.

Debbie stated, "I bet that one is for anal play too."

Tamika asked, "Which one?"

Debbie picked up a cloth bag. She removed out of the bag a black silicone five and a half inch anal probe with four beads and a heart shaped retrieval loop.

"It's for beginners."

Tamika asked, "How can you tell."

"Only four inches is insert able."

"Maybe she likes a smaller cock."

Debbie answered, "The biggest sign is the way the beads are designed."

"Oh."

Debbie could tell Tamika was interested in this toy but was embarrassed for being interested in it. Without saying anything she handed it to Tamika. Tamika turned red with embarrassment. Even though she was embarrassed she bent it and studied it. She quietly handed it back to Debbie. Debbie gently put it back into the bag and set in the box.

Debbie pointed, "There's another black one."

The box showed a realistic looking black suction cup dildo. Tamika picked it up. She read the box. She opened the box and studied it. She liked the feel of the silicone.

"This is the size for me."

Debbie mentioned, "It's only five inches?"

"I don't want a monster cock."

"I don't understand why you prefer small cocks."

"They're easier to work with."

"Don't you want that full feeling?"

"That's not important to me."

Debbie asked, "What about a guy who has a big one and is good at giving head?"

A slight pause.

Debbie smiled.

"You promise not to tell anyone?"

"Of course."

"Big ones scare me."

There was a brief moment of silence.

Debbie believed her Sister preferred small cocks because she was into anal sex. Debbie didn't say anything because of her reaction to the anal sex toys.

Tamika purposely changed the subject and pointed, "I bet you like that one."

Debbie focused on the eight inch purple dildo still in its unopened plastic packaging. It was called "The Purple Jelly". Debbie haphazardly set the dildo she was looking at into the box. She reached over and grabbed the never used dildo.

Debbie reading the package said, "It's flexible."

Tamika said, "You should get one like that."

Debbie staring at it answered, "I probably will."

Tamika placed the black silicone dildo back into the large box. She noticed a plastic bin. She picked it up and opened it. Inside were a selection of vibrators. There was a clit stimulator, a simple beginning one, and a waterproof one. She spotted a vibrator she never seen before.

Tamika lifted it out of the plastic bin and asked Debbie, "Hows this work?"

Debbie smiled, "I bet you'd like it."

"Why?"

"You ride it."

Tamika's eyes became large.

"It's like riding a pillow but it vibrates."

Tamika asked, "How'd you know?"

"When we were sharing an apartment I spotted you humping your pillow."

"You watched me?"

"Why would I watch you?"

"How did you know I like humping pillows?"

"I arrived home early and heard you. You were so into humping your pillow you never noticed me."

Tamika asked, "Did you open the door?"

"You left the door open."

"Oh."

Debbie joked with her sister, "Until then I never understood why you liked body pillows and big stuffed animals."

Tamika blushed.

Debbie giggled.

Tamika dropped the vibrator into the box.

Debbie was certain her sister would order one.

They heard Harmony's voice, "How are you ladies doing?"

Debbie quickly placed the purple dildo back into the box, "We're doing fine."

Harmony yelled back, "Okay."

The two ladies looked at one another.

Tamika quickly fixed the bin and set it into the box.

Debbie quickly made sure everything else looked the same.

This is when Tamika put the cover back on.

Debbie recognized the box was no longer taped shut.

"She'll know."

Tamika gasped.

This is when Debbie noticed two more boxes just like this one.

Debbie asked, "Are they marked like this one?"

Tamika stood up. She pulled the boxes out from the bottom of the boxes.

"Yeah."

Debbie stood up, "You take those two."

"Okay."

Debbie picked up the box with the adult toys in it.

Tamika followed Debbie into Harmony's bedroom.

Harmony spotted what they were carrying.

She rushed over to the ladies and stated, "I'll take those."

Alice could tell these boxes were important to her friend.

Harmony set the box in a corner on the floor. Tamika set the other two boxes on top of the one Harmony set on the floor. She stepped back and watched.

Debbie motioned for Harmony to step over to the side. She did so.

Debbie leaned into Harmony's ear and whispered, "I apologize."

Harmony looked at her.

Debbie continued to whisper, "I missed what you wrote on the box and opened it."

"Which one?"

Alice could tell something was wrong.

Debbie answered in a whisper, "My favorite was the purple jelly one. I have a pink one with a rabbit on top."

Debbie stepped back.

They looked at one another.

Debbie again whispered, "The opened box is on the bottom."

"Okay."

Debbie suggested, "We should probably get going."

Harmony spoke out loud, "You wouldn't have to go. Really it's okay."

Tamika blushed.

Harmony said with a reassuring smile, "I understand if you feel you should leave. Really. It's okay."

Tamika said again, "I'm so sorry."

Harmony answered honestly, "I appreciated all the help."

Harmony hugged Tamika.

She again whispered, "I'm so sorry."

Harmony whispered back, "I should have taken care of those boxes myself."

Tamika stepped back and they nodded their heads at one another.

Harmony stated, "I'll lead you out."

Debbie answered, "Alright."

Alice pushed up her glasses and watched the ladies leave the room. She heard Tamika and Debbie say their goodbyes to Bree.

She heard Debbie say, "Just wait a second."

Alice observed Harmony step back into her bedroom. She went over to a box of Christmas supplies. She grabbed a medium sized Christmas gift bag with a lot of tissues in it. She stepped over to the three boxes. Alice could hear the three ladies in the hallway talking about Tamika's new love interest. Alice watched as Harmony moved the top two boxes aside. Harmony lifted off the cover. It was impossible for Alice to see what was in the box. Harmony wrapped tissues around the unopened dildo. Harmony made sure to close the box. Alice made it look like she wasn't paying any attention to her friend. Harmony stepped out of the bedroom and handed the bag to Debbie.

She led the three of them out of the condo.

Alice glanced at the three boxes. She suspected this is where Harmony boxed her sex toys and sexy outfits. Alice was grateful her husband felt their sex life was great. The least thing Alice ever wanted was to wear sexy outfits or bring toys into her bedroom. At the same time, she never looked down upon anyone else who did. Alice opened a box. It was filled with single sheets. It was obvious the movers put this box in the wrong room. She set this box off to the side and opened another box.

Three Months After Moving into the Condo

At the laundromat

It was a cold December Day. Debbie, Bree, and Harmony's cousin encouraged Harmony to leave work before the winter storm hit. With it being Saturday Harmony agreed. The least thing she wanted was to drive from the city to her suburban condo during a snow storm. She experienced this three times since moving into her condo. This was both unpleasant and sometimes dangerous.

Her plan in order: was to wash all her laundry, she'd clean her condo in between the loads, she'd put away her laundry, and make a simple dinner. After dinner she would make love to herself. She was looking forward to: preparing herself a bubble bath, setting out scented candles, playing soft soulful music, taking her time, teasing herself, bringing herself to an orgasm with her fingers, tease herself for a while, and riding one of her suction cup dildos. She had two fantasies in mind. She'd imagine, the attractive Caucasian police officer who purchased a uniform for her store today, would give her oral sex in the back of his police car. Or she'd imagine having a lover give her oral sex in the dark corner of a movie theater. She estimated it had been over three weeks since she just rubbed herself off and at least three months since she made love to herself. Having two orgasms was highly likely.

A wrinkle in her plans was when her washer died. She hoped her washer and dryer would last until after Christmas. The retired couple, who she purchased the condo from, believed it had been repaired over a dozen times (they gave her the washer and dryer). Based upon the dials and the lemon color, Harmony assumed they purchased it in the 1980's. She correctly surmised she would have time to take her wash to the laundromat and get back before the storm hit. With her doing wash at the laundromat she decided to wash all of her bedclothes.

The laundromat was a mile and a half away in a strip mall on a corner commercial property. The strip mall with the laundromat was on the east side of the property. In the center of the property was a smaller strip mall. On the North end of the property was a popular department store and a large discount store. Scattered throughout the south end were fast food restaurants and a beauty salon. Connecting everything was a large parking lot. In front of the south and west ends were two very busy roads. One of these led directly to her condo. If it wasn't for the storm she would have went shopping in the large department store and a favorite clothing store of hers. This clothing store was in the smaller strip mall in the center of the lot.

She backed into an open spot. She was happy to be close to one of two entrances. She was wearing a dark green fur lined puffer jacket. She matched it with a hand sewn dark green knit hat. Around the hat was a multi-colored old fashioned Christmas light pattern. There was a multi-colored ball on top. She was wearing a pair of hand sewn dark green gloves. On top of the right hand was an embroidered old fashioned Christmas red light and on the left hand was an embroidered old fashioned Christmas white light. On her feet were gray colored winter styled booties. Her feet were kept warm by the extra lining. On her legs was a pair of hand sewn fleece lined black leggings with a multi-colored old fashioned Christmas light pattern. Underneath her coat she was wearing a red long sleeved quarter zip pullover sweater. This matched the red in the old fashioned Christmas light pattern of her leggings. Underneath the sweater she was wearing a fitted white t-shirt and a supportive bra. Walking from her Jeep Cherokee to the laundromat she was grateful she wore layers.

She quickly panned the establishment. This laundromat was wider than long. In the middle were two rows of washing machines. Against the left wall were eight very large washing machines. There was one changing table at the end. Built into the back wall were all of the dryers. To her right were: three rows of four wheeled carts, two change machines were built into the wall, three TV's were evenly spaced along this wall (they were near the ceiling and securely attached to the wall), there were two vending machines, and a row of changing tables. Scattered were chairs and carts.

There were a variety of people here. Overall everyone was keeping to themselves. She was impressed with how clean and quiet it was. This was far different from the laundromats she was used too. She stepped over to the carts. She pushed the cart toward the door. She was surprised when Shawn opened the door for her. She suddenly wished she was dressed better.

He again helped her. Since moving into the condo he helped her: bring in end tables, bring in a brand new kitchen set, fixed her internet hookup twice, shoveled snow numerous times, and pushed her car out of the driveway. (While backing out of her driveway she slid on some ice and ended up in the snowbank). What impressed her was how often he helped her next door neighbor Marcy. She was in her eighties who lived by herself (Harmony made excuses to check on her). In general, he was always willing to help people in the complex.

She deeply admired his discipline. He went running everyday except Wednesday and Sunday; or during bad weather. She wondered if he liked biking.

He asked, "Need help?"

With a flirty smile she answered, "If you could bring another cart?"

"Sure."

He held the door while she stepped outside.

She watched through the front windows. Shawn rushed over to the carts and pushed one to the door. She went over and opened the door for him.