All Comments on 'Harry and Bill'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
dardefdardefover 4 years ago
Janet

I could only give it a 4, Janet should have been there as well at the end....

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Touching

An affectingly sweet and poignant life affirming love story. Thank you.

AileyInnAileyInnover 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

I’s not always about ultra physical sex, cheating, and revenge...

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
My eyes are leading

What a great story. That both George and Bill came for her made the story. Great one. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I agree with dardef

But I still gave it a 5

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
How life should be

Heart warming. Very peaceful and gentle story. 5

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Sweet Story

You painted the characters beautifully and told a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Some thoughts

First, great story. Five stars.

I have to laugh because the story title had me concerned. But I took a breath and just trust JW had put the story in the correct category.

I understand the concerns of those who thought Janet should have been there at the end. However, I think the author got it right leaving her out. Harry was not married to Janet and surely not they were not great loves to each other. Harry was escorted to the light by her two husbands who predeceased her. It's a lovely thought.

Using the author's imagery, I would like to believe Janet was there to escort Bill to the light and sent him to go with George to get Harry when it was time. Now the question is who escorted Janet and George?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years agoAuthor
Anonymous 11/17/19:

I also like to think that Janet was waiting on the other side to welcome them all and to thank Harry for taking care of her husband.

Of course, this is Literotica, so some here will want them to have a 4-way on the other side, but that's another story and not one I plan to write.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Lovely tale

Nice to read about old buzzards still able to get it on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful imagery

Heartwarming and beautifully told story. Definitely a five star effort! Thank you

xtchrxtchrover 4 years ago
What A Great Story!

All I can say is that this was a lovely, compassionate story. It is so nice to read a story about what 'True Love' is all about. Thank you for waking-up my emotions this morning...and for a True Love story.

Davidj001Davidj001about 4 years ago
Dam!

You made my eyes kinda leaky.

robinhodrobinhodabout 4 years ago

Sweet story, but the ending didn't fit my belief structure.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
Very tender

Not much to say about this that your other commentators haven't said already. The ending is a little off the wall, but the symbolism made sense. A really nice, tender tale. 5*

buckshot46buckshot46about 4 years ago

Very Personal

Well written and thought provoking.

Ditto, again, on the leakage.

One of the best. 5+

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 4 years ago

Very good, at the end I think it would have been better if it was George and Bill and Janet. just my thoughts. it did bring tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Tearjerker

This old retired Army sergeant has to admit to tearing up, just a little. Thanks for a plausible and romantic seniors’ tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Uh!

Why wasn’t Bill with his first wife of 40 years in heaven?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No one reading this story has been in the same place as Harry so no one should criticize the ending. We just don’t know what will happen or who, if anyone, will be escorting to the other side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The end gets to you, especially if the reader is close in age to the protagonists. However, where is the sense in using "statistical proof" about the superiority of a group of people over another group of people. The story is about to people, close in age, of the opposite sex. So even if was true that the group of all females is more disciplined in average than the group consisting all males, it might still be not true for the males and females of the age and social backgrounds of the heroes of this story. AND for most if not all character traits, intelligence and so on, the observable differences between INDIVIDUALS, regardless of gender/sex, social background, place of birth and age are much more pronounced than the statistical differences between large groups. So all in all, even if we have a male and a female in this story, it could easily be the male who is more disciplined and the female could be messy or a brilliant engineer.

But many authors go that path, they use generalizing statistical data, not all of them true, to characterize and appraise INDIVIDUALS. I don't know if it's done mindlessly or if some one or other actively propagates the sexist agenda of some certain fascistoid misandrists...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous, there is no gender-specific social agenda intended in this story. I gave the woman the nickname Harry because I wanted her to seem no-nonsense and approachable. That's all. I thought it was cute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t understand, why wouldn’t Bill be with Janet when he died? Why does Harry get both husbands?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous, it has been suggested that Janet should be there, too. I figure they are there to escort Harry and assure her that all is well more than continue their marriage.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

An absolutely lovely story. Thank you for offering it. I wept unashamedly at the end.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Sweet. Such a lovely story. Very heart warming. Reading it made my Sunday start off with big smile. Thank-you for your writing talent.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Tears in my eyes. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agreed, a lovely, heart-warming vignette. Thank you for this moving word picture show.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

lovely lovely sooo LOVING so LOVELY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very loving story, nice work

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Daffodils

Daffodils grow in spring not early summer.

LearnedMinx818LearnedMinx818almost 2 years ago

Thank you for a true love story of normal people and not sex crazed youth. I'm still crying, but happy for Harry that the two loves of her life met her to come for her to the next life. Thank you again. This was a gentle story. I needed gentle story. You gave me that today.

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Beautiful. You should be proud. Wonderful

THANKS

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

A wonderful, wonderful story. One of the best I have ever read. It’s nice to see a true romance story for the ages.

burningloveburningloveover 1 year ago

WOW! Very nice romantic story!

***** stars!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

estoy llorando

i am crying

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An amazingly touching, loving and so very beautiful story of deep heartfelt romance l!

We are both sooooo misty with hearts a flutter and dreaming of our sunset time ahead of is with renewed wants and desire ❤️❤️

Thank you for reaching out to us with caring meaning in our lives together.

S&JW

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very, very, very tiny point of order: there should have been another wife on BIll’s other arm.

Still a 50 star story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yes, Bill’s first wife should have been there at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just a beautiful story very well written and full of love. Thank you for sharing this. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Beautifully written story. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories