All Comments on 'Hartan Expanding Ch. 02'

by ja99

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Relationships without love.

How to save humanity.

ja99ja992 months agoAuthor

Early days in this series.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

Struggling with it really being in the "romance" category as it will end as polymory and is clearly sci-fi. While I like the depth, the pace is exceedingly slow and causes me to start skimming at times. As a sci-fi nerd of sorts, would like to have more content on what the Hartan are up to. Surprising after cracking into one of the ships humans haven't made much progress in turning their tech against them. 4.2*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Coming of age under duress... odd, intriguing story. I'm committed to the plot, and you're a good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"lying next to a gorgeous 18 year old, 2 years older and a lot wiser than me"

Can you fix that?

Also, planck's principle might be a good explanation for why they want a steady supply of kids even if resources are limited. With tech changing so fast, retraining won't be as good as a kid taught right from the start. Probably especially true if AI gets good.

ja99ja99about 2 months agoAuthor

This 18 age thing is a typo. She is frequently mentioned as being 20 elsewhere, and the entire plot revolves around him being in 18club because he is 18. I would change it if I could make edits.

I'd forgotten about Plancks Principle. Thanks for mentioning it. For others reading this it's: "Science advances one funeral at a time. Planck noted “a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.”

nemesisofwussesnemesisofwusses8 days ago

Quit part way through. The ladies are passed around and taught to be sexual? Pass. Not interested.

ja99ja998 days agoAuthor

@nemesisofwusses: In a world of too-few-men, it's the men that are passed around and the ladies that get a chance with one of them or not, all while trying really hard to get schooled-up enough to develop weapons and tactics to defeat the Hartans. More than that - the concept of 'AST' Applied Sexual Techniques, makes sense, because sex is something we need to know how to do well (and is the subject of lots of discussion even now!) so having classes in it is logical. This is not a harem story in the 'gets choices' idea, it is full of the responsibility of being the lone male amongst many women and having to meet their needs - or die by not living up to standards and being sent to work in a mineshaft. The stakes are Huge, for everyone. Lots of pressure. This is a microcosm of real life in that way - we all have obligations and gifts, and charting a course towards our aspirations isn't easy, for anyone, in any age.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userja99@ja99
I'm cis-het male, normal guy with a penchant for writing, mostly adventure stories with some sex. Longer form is my preference, not just scenes. Under Fit529 I've set up patreon, and an AO3 account (archiveofourown), and a website (Fit529 Dotcom), and have recently put some ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES