All Comments on 'Haunted'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved this!

Such an ode to V.C. Andrews - very well written and great story line!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow!!

Deliciously complex, satisfying story. Loved it!

dragonwriterdragonwriterabout 5 years ago
It was a fun read!

Thanks for the good story. It was truly a fun read; I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Read!

You are a master storyteller. You're also somewhat of a rarity on this site as you seem to know the intricacies of the English language with correct spelling and punctuation.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Everything, and more.

For those who are encountering Girlinthemoon for the first time, I envy you. A mesmerizing story, written with your usual mastery and mystery. Congratulations on something wonderful. Sorry about the premature posting. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great!

I loved how emotional everything felt. It was an absolute pleasure to read in every respect. Great job, looking forward to more!

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Wow!

Fantastic story. Deep and raw and powerful and unique.

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 5 years ago
Beautiful story

Loved the way you worked in the emotional turmoil of two people in love but unable to act on it due to their relation. The parents dysfunctionality worked in the context of the story and added another layer. 5 star effort as always.

adgeonadgeonabout 5 years ago
I really enjoyed it

It definitely reminds me of Flowers in the Attic (and a litle bit of Wuthering Heights). You pretty much nailed it. Well done!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 5 years ago
After the first reading

I just sat and looked at my screen for...I'm not sure—more than a couple of minutes, less than ten. That's a long time for unfocused staring. You always seem to touch something somewhere in your readers that doesn't get touched very often; perhaps that's all for the best. Wow. Just wow.

booklover0booklover0about 5 years ago
Good story but...

As a med student, I can't help but nitpick the scene where Beau and Addy had sex at the apartment after leaving the hospital. No offense, but no one heals from a gunshot wound that quickly. Not only that, but sex that soon after such a severe wound is out of the question. Not only would Beau be in lots of pain, the strenuous activity from sex could potentially reopen the wound. Minor details, sure, but to me, its the minor details that make or break a story. Otherwise, this was a well written story.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 5 years ago
GirlWithTheKnack

GiTM always stuns me with her ability to humanize her character's plight, no matter what it is. Whether incest is your kink or you find it morally wrong, this story faces those attitudes head on and goes deeper into exposing the complex emotions of everyone involved.

How she can shine a light on the essence of people's souls in story form while spending her nights watching Temptation Island, I have no idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A Moving and Beautiful Tale

A compelling and beautifully written story. I stayed up past my bedtime to finish it. Your talent for the subtleties and shadings and INTENSITIES of feelings is wonderful. It turns on incest, of course, but beyond that the love is expressed beautifully in its many facets (way beyond just fucking).

As someone else mentioned, you have (as some others have not) mastered English spelling and grammar. Spelling and grammar errors are jarring and break the mood and spoil the flow of an emotional story, at least for me.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 5 years ago
Missed it by that much ( said in best Maxwell Smart timbre ) !

As a story, this was a 5 star 🌟 failure 😣 . I agree with everything previous comments said yet those words apply in terms of standards that apply to the ' average ' top 🔝 shelf, amateur writer sharpening their skills in confines of Literotica . GITM should be a pro and that is the standard I'm holding her to in following critique . Gavin was cheated out of immortal Joker 🃏 (as portrayed by Heath Ledger ) villain status and consigned to nasty but forgettable quasi-Donald Trump Jr. with lethal and lecherous bent. Ho hum.

How could this have been done ? Gavin should have been Addison's brother as well and Mother's favorite. The showdown would have been epic as in Caine and Abel. Caine in the bible was originally a good man but progressively went askew because Abel was the favorite. Gavin was never given the depth where in one scene the audience understands why he is so twisted.even if they despise the character's demented actions.

When this author understands how to go next level with sympathetic pro editor in this regard and combination of her plethora of scribe talents ...her workaday daytime gig will be donezo.

I would love to one star this story because of GITM's failure in this one regard . But unfortunately Im not as meanspirited as Gavin or mad matriarch of Addison's family . Much is expected of those to whom much has been given . So watch your step Moon girl 👧.

Sigh.

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks * * * * *

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
Wow!

A moving and haunting story in more ways than one.

AlwaystabooAlwaystabooabout 5 years ago
Beautiful story of love

All brothers and sisters should experience such uninhabited sex.

radioman2radioman2about 5 years ago
A Masterpiece

A beautiful story so well crafted. It should go to the top of the all-time-best list.

blackknight314blackknight314about 5 years ago
Not usually a person to rush a writer...

However, I couldn't wait for it to be over. I reiterate your other reviews... you did well with language, spelling and grammar. I'm going to try another of your plethora of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Amazing

This was absolutely amazing the detail the story just incredible I don't even believe this was just about sex very small amount and the rest was just there love for each other loved it 10/10

MikeOrMikeyMikeOrMikeyabout 5 years ago
WOW

That was a great story!......It had a "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn feel to it - really quite captivating.

Thank you so much for sharing!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Excellent!

I am a relatively new reader of GITM, and can see why she gets so many accolades.

If I may pick a couple of minor nits, Vic accused Addy of ruining her wedding. IMHO, that was all on Gavin. Their father was going to pay twice what the mansion was worth. I have no idea of property values in their small town, but it had to be a nice piece of change. Affording a hotel for a few weeks shouldn't have been a problem.

As an aside, couldn't they sue Gavin's estate for damages?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
First time reader.

First time reader. You are a WRITER!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not totally horror...

But totally awesome! 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yes, wow

This is incredibly powerful and moving. Obviously among the very best writers on this site.

OmazeratiOmazeratiover 4 years ago
One of the best...

stories that I have had the pleasure to read on this site and I've read quite a few. I loved the southern gothic atmosphere. I imagined Marilyn Monroe and Montgomery Clift in the starring roles. A powerfully moving tale.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
WOW!!

That was one of the best things I have read (short story or not) in a long while. I love brother/sister incest stories and you have possibly written one of the best I’ve ever read! Kudos to your writing acumen. Please keep writing, I love your style!!

VictorianGirlVictorianGirlalmost 4 years ago
So in Love with Beau!

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. The pacing and the moody ambiance and the supernatural touches—what a gothic treat! I admire your writing so much. P.S. Beau is sexy as hell.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
VC Andrews would be proud

I read her books as a kid (yeah, uncensored household) and I still reread black cat and flowers in the attic and the shooting stars series a lot. I really enjoyed this ode to her work and I loved the darkness and the angst. Great job

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
a talented writer...

however, i was startled by the ubiquitous, unnecessary, ungrammatical ´ofs´ polluting the writing...not likely to be noticed by a us audience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Put me in the didn’t much like it group.

Too convoluted & no real connection between the two except for the one time sex.

Tha reaction of the townspeople & her friend was way over the top too.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Classic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was expecting a little more physical description in the sexy parts buy the story was emotional enough to carry. Thanks

SouthdownSouthdown7 months ago

Loved the story but I am not eloquent enough to bathe this story in the lavish style of comments I read here. Suffice to say, a true masterpiece and a magnetic force to keep pulling me back to your stories, Great writing, Thank You 5 full, bright stars!

litofanlitofan3 months ago
* * * * *

So well done. First story I have read by GITM but I'm definitely going to read more.

Thank you GITM !

Jalibar62Jalibar623 months ago

2nd reading, and it still affects me. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***