All Comments on 'Haunted by Love'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
Delta411Delta41124 days ago

What a beautiful Story! I have to admit i have been crying– me as a hopeless romantic male! Very well done!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a beautiful story! Thanks so much for sharing

DeadmanwadeDeadmanwade7 months ago

Damn, I just reread this and wish I could give it five stars again. Such a sweet, wonderful tale with just the right amount of chill. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A wonderful story, so well written and truly magical; just smashing!

One technical point however. Earthbound spirits are normally bound to the place of their last earthly existence. The exception of this is troubled, wandering spirits that may attach themselves to a loved one or strong medium. In this wonderful story - Haunted by Love - we are told that the spirits haunt Purdew Hall and Trehalow Farm seemingly moving from one site to the other, which is highly unlikely indeed.

What would be more plausible is if Beth and Ruth heard William crying for his mother in Purdew Hall; as of course he would be bound to his place of death.

Beth and Ruth find a secret panel containing Rosalind's diary detailing Lovell's dominance and cruelty and threats, as well as her love for Arabella and the love letters from her. At Trehalow Farm the scene would have been the same, but also they would witness Lovell striking down Arabella, and then coming at Beth. :=) :=) :=)

On a serious note it is so very sad that Sue has not written anything for a number of years. We seem to have lost a most wonderful talent.

fluidityhumanfluidityhumanabout 1 year ago

Wow, just wow. What a wonderful read. You truly created an entire world here, a safe haven for us hopeless romantics. 10/10

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really great story!

I think this is your best story so far! It move quickly into their budding relationship but loves like that some times!

Thank you for this story!

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977about 1 year ago

This is one of my favorite stories on Literotica. Thank you so much.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

I'm not sure why I've never commented, in spite having rated this five stars quite some time ago. This is maybe my fourth time all the way through it, and was shocked to have not remembered a specific portion inaccurately. It did noting to change my enjoyment, which is as high as my first to e through. It really is a wonderful tale, and confirms why you are in my 'following' list. thank you for your works.

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

WOW!! A fantastic ghostly story about love and death and the future. Who knows what our future is, maybe we should look to the past to find our future, or our future is already written and we just need to heed what it is? Ruth and Bethany had a past together and have future together, plus a little surprise that came later. It seems everybody is happy, adjusted and with a bright tomorrows. Can’t have it any better than this.

This story was scary, warm and fuzzy, and a must read. Good job ScattySue, well written, not to long, and couldn’t put it down.

Reading_is4funReading_is4funover 1 year ago

Hello ScattySue,

Thank you for such a wonderful story…yet another…I only read it know in 2022 and I see your postings are from a while ago… I guess I got addicted to you lovely writing and characters… what a wonderful talent you have… selfish I hope you resume writing again… filling my mind and heart with your breath taking Love stories…

Yours Ri4f xx

Reading_is4funReading_is4funover 1 year ago

Hello ScattySue,

Thank you for such a wonderful story…yet another…I only read it know in 2022 and I see your postings are from a while ago… I guess I got addicted to you lovely writing and characters… what a wonderful talent you have… selfish I hope you resume writing again… filling my mind and heart with your breath taking Love stories…

Yours Ri4f xx

GayKatGayKatover 1 year ago

Wow! ... I Still Love It,,, Yes!

Hallo ScattySue!

We sure miss reading your stories Love..

Even though I may not agree with you on politics, or oatmeal for breakfast... the one thing on which I don't need anyone's opinion is that you are a brilliant, erotic story writer!... And "Haunted by Love" is beautiful and I could read it over again,,,yes!

Thank-You... 5-Stars and 5-Orgasms!

Your kinky dyke friends,

The Black Queen and Gay Kat..

xxx

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

ScattySue, I’m not sure if you still read these comments, but I really really hope you do, I utterly loved this, I’ve worked around and driven across Bodmin more times than I can count and have a proper old Cornish MiL, so maybe I’ve got a tad invested in this story of yours that so intrigued and entertained me. It was at different times infuriating, entertaining, scary, warm, loving, beautiful and showed both the best and worst of us, thank you for a wonderful story, that’ll be getting another read close to Samhain this year!

Many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit, cheers Ppfzz.

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing!!! Great story and rightly creepy for Halloween

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

Awesome story, thank you

Dilvish013Dilvish013almost 2 years ago

Hmmm... I feel like I have to go back and change all the 5 star ratings I gave other stories; this is a full step above. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read this story a couple of years ago. But wow, I'm still smitten by the plot. Stories like this make you think why love this good only happens in.. oh well.. stories. Dang...

teekjayteekjayalmost 2 years ago

Marvelous! Absolutely, bloody marvelous!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dear writer,

This is beautifully written. Thank you

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKabout 2 years ago

Not much to say...

Ohhh except by brilliant and what a lovely story..

I damn love it

Belinda

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonabout 2 years ago

Really outstanding. A lot of love and drama, just as lesbians have in real life. But where's the U-Haul?

okami1061okami1061about 2 years ago

I realized, reading this story, just how long—and oddly, how briefly—I've been reading stories of love on Lit.

I first read this story over 3 years ago. One of my first. Loved it then, loved it now.

Thing is, I read it twice more in between that first and this most recent reading.

Would you not say that that is most important measure of a story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

my favourite story on the site, and one I keep coming back to. 5 stars every time

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely Fabulous Story Brilliant through out 10 Stars!

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

Sweet and gorgeous and just a little bit spooky, I loved it. The only thing that could have made it better was if Ruth had a little boy at the end really complete the historical parallel.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

As Ruth "magic" is real so it yours too Sue ...... Your talent your Art your writing brings joy emotion laughter thoughts and much more to surface ...... Thank you for sharing your magic

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

PartlyPartlyabout 3 years ago

Wow, that was such a nice story. Love your writing. Love your characters. Thank you so much for al y our efforts and that you share.

Chimmy7Chimmy7about 3 years ago

Utterly and absolutely enchanting. Brilliant.

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 3 years ago

Oh so long, oh so good!

53.5 words and every one of them worth it - as you see, this one's given pleasure and deserved admiration ever since 2015.

A real grown-up story: plot, structure, everything.

A massive 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What powerful writing!

So sorry, I erroneously, used the word 'emerge' and this should have read 'immerse'

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What powerful writing!

I started using this site for obvious reasons, titillation! but having come across " Scatty Sue" (The case of the Sneaky Valentine) for which I submitted a comment. I find your writings far deeper, giving me much deeper pleasure. I love the length of your stories, so it is to not about about instant gratification, rather about a book that that I can emerge myself in, with me feeling for all your characters, background descriptions and yes, the sex scenes! You have an absolute talent for bringing your characters to life. I will continue to read everything that you have published and hope that you continue to provide us with more pleasure. I am sorry that my voting is too late to count and I wish I was not restricted to 5 stars.

Air_DryAir_Dryover 3 years ago

WOW! A great story very well written. Thank you!

jmcharl1jmcharl1almost 4 years ago

What a beautiful story.

This was so well done. Thank you for sharing this with us.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 4 years ago
Awesome

I have taken a couple of hours to read this excellent story I hope you will write more as you are very talented ScattySue, I could read your stories all day and not get bored thank you.xxxx

JS60007JS60007over 4 years ago
Ghosts and Romance

You write beautifully. Weaving in the ghost story mirroring Beth's and Ruth's meeting and growing romance was lovely to read. Really enjoyed it.❤

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hauntingly Beautiful

Glad I was along for the journey 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome Story

Hey ScattySue, your story made me so excited to read back to back. I have never been this excited to read a story. And this story is really worth it. Hope you countinue writing awesome stories like this...XO. Waiting for more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely amazing

I sat down and read this story in one go. It did take me 3 hours, but guess Im just being slow. Honestly, this is the most exciting and well-written story Ive read in a while, so thank you for sharing this story with us. (this comment alone took me 5+ minutes to read, I blame the shitty kindle-browser)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WOW! ... I Still Love It!!!

Hallo ScattySue!

WOW! ... "Haunted by Love", it's so wonderful, I could just read it over and over again..... Oh wait! ... I have read it over, and over..... And Over, AND OVER AGAIN! ... Thank-You... 5-Stars and 5-Haunted Orgasms!

Love, I sure miss reading your stories,,, YES!

Your kinky dyke friend,

Gay Kat..

DeceptivedomainDeceptivedomainalmost 5 years ago
Masterpiece

The best story ever published on Literotica without a doubt. I wish my stories are half as good as yours. Or, maybe 10% as good at least.. Lol. Absolutely amazing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Best story of love I've read in a while

What a mix up of supernatural and love i have read in a very long time thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful

Generally I don't read long stories on this site, however I thought I'd give this one a glance and gosh am I glad I did, such a beautiful story. Impeccably written. This is one of only two stories that have moved me! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The best

I have been reading stories on this site for years. This story was the best I have read. You are a true talent. Thanks for your work.

GR

gpond49gpond49over 5 years ago
Yes, you're stories are long--wonderfully so!!

I have just finished my third read of this story. I'm sure I'll be back to it again in the future. I think someday you should try books! Your characters are so well defined, so complete in their personalities, so real and so likable. The time you take allows we readers to get to know and enjoy them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Oh, and please don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry

Sorry to have bothered you before, but I just wanted to say that I love your stories haunted by love and in time for Christmas and I would've wanted you to write a story for me and maybe if possible that I could have a part in it, my email is Alyshiafatale@outlook.com, if you wanted to get back to me, if not then I understand, again sorry to have bothered you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I come here for material to wank to, not amazing stories that are absorbing and worth reading....

No, seriously, love it!

YourLinkYourLinkalmost 6 years ago
There are not enough stars in the Sky!

This is my third reading of this incredible story. As I sit in my rocker, very grateful for the box of Kleenex tissues sitting on the table. I am such a gob at times. When Ruth intones the magic and calls on the Goddess to send L away it rocked me hard. Then when Bethany received her first copy of her book it reminded me of the overwhelming feeling when I received the first copy of the poetry anthology I was thankfully included in. Needed tissues then too. ScattySue all of your stories are treasures. You have my eternal gratitude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
excellant story.

very well written work and very bel

leavable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lovely, lovely story

I really enjoy these long stories that keep me intrigued and engrossed from beginning to end. Thank you for all your hard work, it really is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Longer the Better

I adore all of your stories--especially the long ones. I love the characters you create, and the stories you tell of their budding relationships are told with patience and honesty. This might be your best overall story, though, since it combines romance, the supernatural, and office politics effortlessly. Well done you.

AlegnaRHAlegnaRHabout 6 years ago

This was excellent. Very engrossing story!

TigerT57TigerT57over 6 years ago
Haunted by reading:

I really liked this story, Its very well written and takes the reader along into the story. First time I've given a five rating here in this category. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you

Wow! This is one of the most beautiful and touching story that I have read, it was very well written and easy to follow and is written to a very high standard, i just want to say we'll done you're a great writer, please don't stop writing! Keep up the good work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
beautiful

what a touching , beautiful and insightful story that you wrote so bloody well. thank you so much for sharing this story here. awesome writing skills here.best wishes and hope to read more.xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant

I am so happy and greatful for reading your story, such a phenomenal writer you are, great teachings there. MAGIC do exist. Beautiful

tlcbitlcbiover 6 years ago
My first comment to anyone here.

Excellent!!! Concept, writing, everything about this story was excellent! Thank you for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All nighter!

I don't even know how to express how UGH this story is! It has used up all my internal emotions and made them dance. I'm exhausted But by pure enjoyment! I found no fault here. If you ever write again and publish. I'm a buyer for sure.

SahqomedpeytteSahqomedpeytteover 6 years ago
Amazing

I absolutely loved this story. It did feel a little rushed at the end but i completely understand the reasons for that and i think it is only a very minor issue. Thank you so much for the wonderful story.

CochettaHDCochettaHDover 6 years ago
I loved the story!

Was well written, and plotted out. I loved the characters, and the settings.

ScattySueScattySueover 6 years agoAuthor
Perhaps there was some rushing

Thank you for all the comments, both kind and constructive.

I accept that there was some rushing towards the end - it was an entry in the Halloween Storey Competition after all, so there was a deadline. However, there was also the fact that at over 53000 words, I was getting worried that it was becoming too long. (Okay, it didn't make the 60000 words considered the minimum length to be called a novel - Bethany is obviously a more accomplished writher than I am!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great writing

This is a love story that I read in one sitting. A story with substance and thought! It's less of a lesbian sex story which I appreciated. Though some parts I felt were rushed towards the end, Ioverall I loved it as ScattySue developed the characters well!

Scattysue- thank you for writing and sharing your craft with us! I love love love everything that you have written. I retread your stories all the time!

Xoxoxoxox

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mesmerizing

I absolutely loved this story! It was amazing and I could not put it down! You greatly captured the characters and made a believer of me that perhaps true loce is out there for all of us even if only in the most odd places one may think to look.... stunning I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
...

Dear ScattySue

Thank you.

Sincerely

The hearts of those you've touched

1994lesbian1994lesbianover 6 years ago
In awe.

Id seen this in the main page a few times but for some reason always looked past it, today I didn't and I'm so lad I finally took the time to read it. I've read some amazing stories on here and this is definitely one of them, it's different from all the others and for that I love it. I truly am in awe over your skill, storytelling and pure romance. Amazing xx😍😘❤

ScattySueScattySuealmost 7 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, while there are one or two minor typos, there doesn't seem to be anything substantially wrong with the formatting so I guess it's you :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Is it just me or did lit's CMS butcher this story with repeating and missing paragraphs here and there?

Jay545Jay545almost 7 years ago
much continued thanks

I just love this story. I honestly have read it several times. Just like all of your submissions. Whenever i want to just fall into what I'm reading i always come back to your words.

Thank you for sharing this and all others with us.

I do hope that we all will have the privilege of a fresh story in the future.

xo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Unfair!

Why do your (fictional) readers get an entire book, while we only get 15 pages?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I loved it!

Fantastic story! It's the best story I've read on this website, by far!

ThisNameIsntTakenYetThisNameIsntTakenYetalmost 7 years ago
Hauntingly Beautiful

I just finished the story and I'm kind of speechless. This is by far the longest story I've ever read on here, but I loved every word of it. It's amazing how well you managed to tell an actual story that just happened to have some very graphic (and hot!) sex scenes. Never before has a story on here touched me so much, it really was a very emotional story with lots of character development and a satisfying ending.

There were some small typos, grammatical mistakes and other small things, but while they slightly pulled me out of the flow while reading it really was a minor inconvenience. If you had fixed those (or enlisted the help of an editor) this story would have been perfect. Now it's just really, really, really good.

Keep writing, I'll be sure to check out your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow!

Fabulous story - you should publish it if you haven't already!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely Lovely!

I loved every word of this story, and will re-read it in the near future! thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
beautiful love story, iv read it twice and will read it again WOW :)

best storie ever

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Couldn't get past the first page... lackluster editing can truly diminish a story

Spend the time to polish it up those able to read past the numerous errors left really favorable reviews .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a fantastic love story mixed in with a wonderful historical experience. You are truly a great writer and should pursue writing your own book!

See above

RenataAsheRenataAsheabout 7 years ago
Beautiful!

I'm jealous of their love and a job well done! I love the story and didn't want it to end ever.

lespoon1lespoon1about 7 years ago
Beautifully written. 5+++

As always, a wonderful story so well written. I will read this again, as I have your other entries on this site. XX

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
AMAZING!

I love this story! Its full of love and joy, I got bored reading this but I tried my best to finish reading the story. LUUUUVVV IIIITTTT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
couldn't stop reading

A beautiful story full of love, truth, kindness and joy ~ more please :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely gorgeous!

A true masterpiece

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful!

amazing piece of work. Love it!!!

Shamus88Shamus88over 7 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks SSue - love your work - you are a truly gifted story teller !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved this

Absolutely loved this story ,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful, engrossing story

I loved the parallel love stories, Bethany and Ruth, with Rosalind and Arabella. I did wonder that sending William to boarding school shouldn't have resulted in the deaths of 4 people, thinking there had to be a stronger motivation. Of course, that motivation was love - not the kind that Lovell could understand, but that Arabella and Rosalind clearly felt. The parallels, ancestors, Bethany staying where Rosalind lived, Ruth living where Arabella lived, Ruth rescuing Beth like Arabella rescued Rosalind - perfectly executed.

That being said, I thought Lovell was too much of a one-note character, and Bethany should have told Rick that he was a father. (Although Rick clearly didn't think much of Bethany, and [most probably] against HR regulations, had a sexual relationship with someone reporting directly to him. Actually, Bethany could have gotten Rick fired for his inappropriate behavior.) But Bethany wants to let the past go, and concentrate on the now and future with Ruth and their daughter - lovely! They can enjoy the life together denied to Rosalind and Arabella.

luv2read2

CoeliacChicCoeliacChicover 7 years ago

Wow I absolutely adored that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I didn't like it

It was well written, but it bothered me that she got payed by her employer to do her job, includeing expenses (like the phone), and then didn't send them the work - betraying her coworkers and employer, plus the fact that she managed to squeeze some more money from said employer, plus the fact that she didn't inform the father about the baby, as though he had no say or and right to know he even had a baby.

Other than that it was alright, albeit a bit lengthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I loved it.

Beautiful, spooky and romantic love story. Well written, very good continuity and definitely worthy of being published. (I think so!) Sue, you are by far one of my favorite writers. Thank you for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ghost story

What a great story. Will definitely re-read. Thanks Sue

MoondogAUMoondogAUover 7 years ago
Still a favorite.

This is one of my top favorites, and lovely to read again just before Halloween.

Thanks Sue, and hope that you find more inspiration to continue to write such lovely stories.

Word_junkieWord_junkieover 7 years ago
Superb!

Thoroughly enjoyable! Your characters are real and come alive through their discovery of each other and their environment. Please write more stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Beautifully written. I definitely fell in love with this story. I absolutely love what you did with the love story between Bethany and Ruth. I was extremely shocked with the pregnancy, I do have a few questions about Beth being the ancestor of the Lady, because her son did die. 10/10

EaglewingsEaglewingsover 7 years ago
Wounderful

I have been coming to this site for many years and this was by far the best story ever. From start to finish I was enthralled by the characters and enticed to read. Can't wait to read all of your stories and look forward to seeing more, I hope.

rusty333rusty333over 7 years ago
Haunting

Always enjoy your stories, but this is great.

kedveskedvesalmost 8 years ago
Amazing

i read some of your stories before and to be honest was not sure of this one from the heading and brief wording but wow i loved it. the only sad thing for me was that it ended .... it is definitely one of my favourites )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Absolutely commendable work by the author... every aspect of the story is just awesome... I love the way you have showed sex between the protagonists as real love, and not lust... great job... looking forward to more such stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beulahthbrit

Absolutely brilliant, without doubt the best story I have ever read on literotica, under any title heading, it had me hooked from the start. Character development, story flow, everything was spot on, I would pay good money to read anything written by you Sue. I do not know if you are a published author or not, but feel that you certainly have the talent to be one. Take the chance you have the ability to write and succeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful Story

I was captivated by this story, so tender, loving and well written.

First of Sue's I have read but not the last!

Ruthie73

woodseaveswoodseavesalmost 8 years ago
A story rich in human drama and passion

Thank you, Sue, for this beautiful story. At the beginning I thought 15 pages was a bit long, but I couln't put it down and at the conclusion I was sorry it had to end. Superbly crafted and written, the ingredients of adventure, danger, conflict, love, devotion, wonderful heroines .... all brilliantly interwoven. This is the best story I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
spooky but i LOVE it

WOW.You have such a creative mind. Definitely worth more than a 5 star.Your stories are the BEST. You are a GREAT writer.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...