All Comments on 'Have Another Little Bit Of My Heart'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great read

wonderful use of a very real topic and need.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed and Checked

That was a nice sweet, comfortable story.

CSD2CSD2about 4 years ago

The hardest moment of my life was burying my murdered son

Through the tears his mother and I allowed his organs to be donated.

I wanted something positive to come out of this madness.

I never met or heard from a single person who received this gift, yet I hope my son lives on in someway.

Give the gift of life. Please.

RodThrustinRodThrustinabout 4 years ago
Only temporary

One of my best friends received a kidney from a young man who died in an accident. The odd coincidence was that the young man's coach was a friend of my boss--and we were working in a different state, though only about a three-hour drive away.

He told me over lunch about his friend, and how his young athlete had died of a head injury and had donated his organs. I knew that my friend had received a kidney from a young man who had died in an accident--and it was the same accident.

Sadly, the anti-rejection drugs left my friend vulnerable to a lung fungus infection, and he died less than a year after the transplant.

I have always checked the donor box since it became available. I hope all of you will too.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

That was something different - well done on making me think.

Thank you for your originality

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Great! I wish there were more stories like this one.

jezzazjezzazabout 4 years ago

I live very close to the police station in Mesa.

Great story. More please.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
Absolutely Magnificent.

Incredible imagination.

Great story.

Beautifully written.

AND an awesome 'hidden agenda' !!!!!!

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A VERY HONORABLE NOBLE GESTURE

giving life after death. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I have been an organ donor for years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A REAL HOOT TO READ ABOUT...........

The Banner off Grand. I live just a couple of miles from there. Unfortunately they've had to do some work on me, my family and friends.

But about the story. This one damn fine premise. I wonder why you bothered putting something so good on a piece of shit site like this? This is so far above the drivel we usually see here. The beginning built mystery that gave a very satisfying finish. Well told. Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
JESUS SAVES

with an assist from an organ donor, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sentimental Tale that allowed Closure and Moving on

A wonderfully crafted story about a gift of life granted through a life tragically cut short but at the same time allowing a second chance for someone else. Obviously, the recipient couldn't thank Pat directly but it was interesting to see his drive and determination to thank Pat's immediate family for the gift he'd received. The meeting with the family members gave them closure to their loss and hope that not only did Pat's heart continue on but that hopefully his spirit lived on as well. They owed it to themselves to honor Pat's memory by moving forward with their lives. Pat's wife got a second chance at life as well. Lets hope she's learned from her mistakes jettisons her self destructive behaviors and resolves to live a honorable decent life going forward.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Really good story. Hope it causes some positive return.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You, sir, are an exceptional writer and based on this story, an exceptional person.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

I started checking that box 45 years ago and still do, not sure my parts would be any good now but hey, when I'm done with em someone else can have em... Good story, M&M!

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 3 years ago

Still check the box

but I doubt they'll want my worn-out parts any more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wouldn't. As a Black woman, in America my chances of dying are greater than a Caucasian's, while a Caucasian has greater chance of receiving on organ from a Person Of Colour than vice versa. I have a PhD, not MD, most of my peers are MD's, a few being ER MD's. Even they have said that in the ER a POC is worked on for less time than a Caucasian. Also depending on the socio economic status of the patient, the lower it is, the higher the chance of pressure being placed on the relatives to donate, even when it goes against their culture or belief system. In the case of children of colour, for every case of hospital being caught going against the wishes of the parents and donating the child's organs, 50 go uncaught. Believe what you will; as a person with dual citizenship I have no problem with the French harvesting of organs as unless you have decided against, its decided you are. Evens the playing field. One can say what I've written is BS, research the stories undertakes tell about patients missing just about all their organs, eyes etc. even though they ARE NOT organ donors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

wonderful and heart warming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Good story

A small correction, however.

You get ARRAIGNED at a courthouse, where you ARRANGED to meet your lawyer.

I too ask people to donate their organs. It can literally make the difference between life and death for someone, and to be quite blunt about it, it's not as if you'll need them in the afterlife. Apart from Egyptian pharaohs, I don't see why anyone would object to donation of life saving organs after death.

Personally, I'd prefer to think of my organs going on all sorts of wonderful adventures after I die, rather than being a meal for worms.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
@anon04/12/22

Are you saying that you wouldn't donate organs, because the odds are they would go to a white person? That's as racist as the institution you rail against. I don't care who gets my organs when I die, as long as it makes a difference in someone's LIFE. Black, white, asian, latin, european, or any other ethnicity you can name. Makes no difference to me, all are welcome after I die.

Think of it from a different perspective. Why not undermine that institution by donating, and encouraging others to donate. Organs are scarce. But if everyone donates, there will be enough to go around, so to speak. If you believe that black people don't get organs, because hospitals are racist, think about this. If everyone donates, there will organs to spare, and EVERYONE will have that opportunity if needed.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

I guess I'm getting old, where did all the racist shit come from in the comments section?? I read this story twice and found no comment or reference to black, white, purple or green. I am not a racist but where I grew up and the confrontations I have had I should be. This was a very good story about a man with not much thought about others suddenly was faced with his mortality became a caring person and wanted to share the gift that was given to him. He wanted to share his heart which came from another family. The is a wondaful and magnanimous jester. What is it with all the people that look for the slightest indication of prejudice or racism in peoples writing or speaking or actions? It's like this Black Lives matter rhetoric. O f course black lives matter so do whites and all colors. The rhetoric goes on and on like the cops are killing nothing but black people. Look up the stats, over twice as many white people are killed by police each year than black people. Oh but wait! Black leaders claim it's not proportional because there are more whites than blacks, so what should we do go out and make sure we kill more whites each year to balance out the stats. Yeah that'll work. Point is I saw nothing even close to racism in this story. Am I blind or just a racist?

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

I feel I'm insulting this by giving it 5⭐.

It deserves 12

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I used to donate blood on a regular basis (wound up giving a little over a gallon) and checked the box to be an organ donor from the time I got my first driver's license. Sadly, I am not eligible to donate anything anymore. I am a lymphoma survivor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Correction to yesterday's post. I wound up donating 4.75 gallons (19 pints) of blood, back when I was allowed to donate. (I confused my units of measure. There are 4 pints to a gallon and 16 ounces to a cup).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

30-40 years ago when my state began offering organ donor approval, I signed on. A lot of stories went around about ER docs not being quite as persistent saving someone single if a husband/wife with children needed replacement parts; I opted out for a few years. I check the box now but figure my lungs, liver, or heart are only useful for a tire retread.

Nonsequitour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Assnomeous; a quart is 32 oz, 4 cups to a qt.

LOVe slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Ill bet the organ donor list has increased because of it. If so you are elevated to hero status

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good motivator. I've been donating whole blood and platelets for decades. I just finished my 443rd donation (whole blood and platelets combined.) I'm 90 and still going strong.

gatorhermitgatorhermit6 months ago
Wow…quite a story

Concise and well written. Five stars aren’t enough.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is worth 5 stars just for the message about organ donation. I've carried a card since I was 18 and it's still in my wallet many years later. I can't think of a better gift for something I can't use anymore than to help someone else who desperately needs it. Great story. BardnotBard

usaretusaretabout 2 months ago

Had to give this one a five. Even though I’m so old & worn out my organs will do no one any good any more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...