Hawke n his Princess get a surprise

Story Info
Chapter 10 of the Hawke and Princess story.
7.1k words
4.8
989
1

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 02/18/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They swam back to the shore, dried off and got dressed. When Elayne got back she changed her clothes and Hawke helped her pack what she wanted to take with her. She went to the box and put on the rest of the jewelry and put the box in her bag. He quickly went to his room put on a shirt and grabbed a couple more and folded them, then went back out to her and gave her the shirts.

"For at night when you're in bed thinking about me," he said quietly, trying to keep his emotions in check.

Stuffing them in her bag, she stood up, put her arms around him, "I'm always thinking about you, love," she whispered before giving him a deep passionate kiss.

He grabbed her bag for her as they walked outside, and whistled for Midnight and when he got there he took them back to the main house. She turned around looking at him, "hey I didn't get my horseback ride," she pouted prettily at him

He looked at her with a sly smirk, "something to look forward to when you come back, princess." When they got up to the house Bryce, Eleanor, Fergus and his mom were sitting at the table drinking lemonade. He got off Midnight and helped her down, they gave the horse his loves and went to meet the parents. Elayne kissed her father and mother on the cheeks.

"When are we supposed to leave," she asked her parents sadly.

Her mom looked at her, looked at her father and looked at his mom. Hawke shot a look at his mom, she was starring at him with a smile.

"Eleanor and Elayne are staying here, while Bryce and Fergus are going to take care of business in Redcliffe. Carver wants to go with them, but I wanted to wait for you before I said anything."

Hawke looked at his mom, then to Elayne, she had a mad eating grin on her face. Then he looked at Bryce. "I think it will do him some good, and he's been itching to get away," Bryce said. Hawke stood there looking at him, contemplating, he looked at his mother again and she nodded.

"Carver," Hawke called, he knew Carver was lurking around and sure enough he came out from a corner behind the house. "You want to go with them?"

Carver looked at his brother, "I do."

"If you go do you promise to do a couple of things for me," when Carver nodded Hawke continued. "First, don't put yourself in danger, second of all listen to what Bryce and Fergus tell you. You may not like it, but they know what their doing and Arl Eamon is their friend. And last but not least, don't get yourself killed little brother. I'd like to keep you around longer, I need someone I can pick on," Hawke said with a grin which Carver returned.

Hawke stood there watching his brother, he could see the hope in his eyes. He turned to his mom again, and again she nodded, he turned to Bryce and Fergus, they both nodded. "Do you have any problems with what I'm asking of you, Carver?"

"No brother, I have no problems with the rules," he said, swallowing hard, looking at Hawke hopefully.

"Then little brother, mom and I give our consent. Have fun." Carver came over to him and gave him a quick hug and thanked him, then he went to his mother and hugged and kissed her on the cheek and thanked her before he went running to the house to pack.

Fergus looked at him, "It will do him some good. The young man's trying to find his place, trying to figure out where he belongs. I imagine it wasn't easy growing up around three mages, dad having to focus more time on the other two with magic, Carver kind of got put on a back shelf. He just needs more guidance. I know it's not easy for you either, having to take on the mantle of being the man of the house, all the responsibility now laying on your shoulders. We'd like to help you with some of that with Carver, if you'll let us. He's a good lad, if a bit hot headed, but he knows where his loyalty lies, he just wants to find his own place in life. Will you allow us to help with that?"

Hawke looked at his mom, she had tears in her eyes, but she nodded. "Their right son, I'm sorry the burden has fallen on you, your father was taken to soon. I'm sorry this has was laid on your shoulders, especially now that you're getting ready to start a family of your own. I can't help to wonder if Elayne coming into your life now might be a blessing sent from above with your father's help. She can support you, help guide you, be there when you need her and if you should stumble direct you on the path again."

She looked over at Elayne, "I'm sorry to say it like that, but it's also true. He's going to need you more than ever, with everything that's going on. I know you guys only met, and you already love each other the way you do." She turned back to him, "like I told you earlier, Arik, that's the same way your dad and I felt about each other when we met. We knew from the moment we saw each other that we were meant for each other. You've been blessed with a gift, both of you, cherish it, hold it, never let go because that gift, may not always be around." In an instant Eleanor and Elayne where comforting Leandra as her head dropped and the tears started. Hawke went over and gave her a hug, "I'm sorry mom, I miss him too. I love you."

Elayne came over to his side taking his hand in hers. She looked up at him, her eyes on his, "I love you," she whispered, squeezing his hand.

He looked her in the eyes for a minute, then leaned down and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I love you too, princess."

He turned to look back to the Cousland men, still holding Elayne's hand. "You're obviously making a proposal, what is it?"

Bryce and Fergus looked at each other nodding. "When you guys come up with us, we'd like Carver to stay with for a little while. We're bringing this up now, so you have time to think about it. Carver doesn't know yet."

Hawke nodded, "you're right, I do need time to think about it. Let's see how his trip with you guys goes before I decide."

They both nodded to him in agreement. "Also, since Carver is going with us and the women are staying here, I'd like to leave six of my soldiers with you if you don't mind." Bryce said. "The soldiers are more or less here for the women's protection when they come on the road with me so don't worry, we're not taking from ourselves." Hawke agreed, as he understood Bryce's concern.

Bryce studied Hawke and Elayne. He'd already noticed the rings on their fingers, but there was something different about them. They seemed even more connected, he couldn't put a finger on it, but something had changed. He already knew his daughter had given herself to the young man. He wasn't happy about it, but she was old enough to make her own decisions and they were going to be married. No, what had him puzzled was the recent change. He looked over at his wife, who was studying the couple herself, she looked at him.

"I see and feel it too, there's a change about them, their more closer," she whispered. Bryce nodded as he looked back at the couple.

"Do you guys have something to tell us," he asked, watching them closely.

Elayne's eyes quickly shifted to Hawke, but tried not to be obvious about it. Hawke stood there like stone, immovable. It was Elayne's actions told him he was right though. Hawke stared Bryce in the eye thinking, he then turned to Elayne, and she looked up at him, a look passed between them. Hawke brought Elayne over to the table seating her, and he stood right behind her with his hand on her shoulder, she reached up and put her hand on his and they both looked at him.

"Last night Elayne and I said our vows to each other. When we did our bond became one, our hearts and souls as one." He heard the women gasp in shock, but he continued on without looking at them.

"It was meant to happen, the way it did at that particular time. Please don't ask me to explain because I can't, I don't understand it myself. All I know is we we've been given a gift. We're still going to get married at the year end mark the traditional way, but this, what we did last night was something deeper, more intimate, something between me and her. I know that it's changed us, connected us. I'm trying to figure out everything that happened, right now we don't know. But I feel more connected to her, if I closed my eyes right now, and she took off in any direction and I can't see her with my eyes, I can still point directly at her. I don't know about distance yet. I know she's safe, that she's happy and content but she's also nervous and scared."

He leaned down and whispered something in Elayne's ear and she relaxed. He stood back up continuing. "No, I cannot read her mind, don't worry princess," he looked down at her with a playful grin, "your thoughts are still yours, so you can call me an ass all you want without me knowing." He looked back up at Bryce.

"What I can feel is her emotions and I know in what direction she is in, I just don't know about how it works from a long distance. It's like she's crawled in my head and has taken permanent residence there."

Bryce looked at Elayne when she gasped. "He's right," she said, looking up at Hawke in wonderment. "I can feel him just like he described."

They stared at each other until Bryce cleared his throat. They both looked at him and apologized, Elayne looking embarrassed. "I know this sounds weird, crazy and impossible, but it's not. Something happened, our spiritual relationship solidified, became whole, one. There are too many things that have happened in the last week that we can't explain."

Elayne looked up at him, "tell him about the box, and show him the letter." When he hesitated, she asked again. "Hawke please, my dads heard the history too, maybe he can shed some light on this. At least he might understand better." He continued looking at her as he told his story of Caleb then he took a letter out of his pocket and handed it to Bryce.

Bryce read the letter, then re-read it again then showed it to Eleanor, and after she read it, Bryce handed it back to Hawke.

"You're sure this is legit, that's his handwriting?" Hawke nodded.

Bryce looked at the couple, but his mind wasn't on them. He was thinking back to a story he had once heard about the elves. Something about how some of them being able to see into the future, but that they couldn't see to far into it. But it had seemed like a story that was supposed to put fear in people, make the elves more mysterious than what they already were. After reading that letter though, maybe they weren't all make-believe stories.

He turned his focus back on Hawke and Elayne. He started to open his mouth but Hawke jumped in.

"Sir, I know how this all must seem. Your daughter and I meet, I come to her rescue twice, I tell you I love her then ask for her hand in marriage. All in less than a week. I'm a nobody who owns a farm, maybe thinking if I got into your daughters good side you would let me in, so I can gain power or whatever else goes through peoples minds, but sir. That is not what's going on here, Makers breath, I don't even know what's going on, but I do know this. I love your daughter with all my heart and soul. I would give my very life for her. I would personally hand myself to the Circle if she so wished it. If she were to walk out of my life right now it would literally kill me." They looked at each other and Hawke composed himself. "What I feel for Elayne and she for me is pure, and genuine love. I already told you I don't want anything, all I want is right here. My land, family and the woman I love with all my heart." Hawke trailed off looking down at Elayne, "she's all I want and need," he said quietly.

Bryce could see and feel the love flowing from them, it seemed to encase everyone within their vicinity. Almost like you could see it, little vines wrapping themselves around the couple. He knew their love was real, you'd have to be a fool not to see it. What solidified it for Bryce was when Hawke had literally used his magic to save his daughter, he had risked his entire life, put his family in jeopardy, to heal Elayne. No, this was real, there was no illusion here. And the way he acted, carried himself, the way he treated others, the way he saw life. There was honesty and truthfulness in his words and actions, he had a clear sense of right and wrong, he showed a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values, he possessed the virtue of integrity. This young man was the real thing, the person he wanted his daughter to be with.

And then it hit Bryce right in the face. "Fate, destiny, they can't fight this even if they wanted to," he said quietly. His wife looked at him in question, and he glanced at Elayne and Hawke, Hawke nodded, staring at him, Bryce understood. But why?

"As weird and as strange as this has all been, Hawke, I know you're feelings for my daughter are real. I know you to be an honest young man," he paused, took a deep breath, "I trust you with mine and my families lives." Elayne, Eleanor and even Fergus all looked at him in shock. "He needs to know the trust I have in him. This young man is part of the family now. You two will have the wedding in a year, but that will be just for show for everyone else." He paused looking intently at them before taking a deep breath.

"I Bryce Cousland, the Teryn of Highever, recognize that Elayne Cousland is officially married to Arik Hawke, who I'm proud to call my son-in-law, which makes her Elayne Cousland Hawke," he looked over at Eleanor, hoping she understood.

"It's no longer in our hands. Destiny, fate, some unknown power is literally at play here. Something is coming and they are in the heart of it."

Not for the first time he wondered if the rumors he'd been hearing from the dwarves underground were true. Something was coming, he could feel it but when and how was beyond him.

"He also needs to know that if anything happens to me or Fergus, Elayne will inherit my title and all the responsibilities that fall with it. And Hawke will be taking over the men. She's going to need a strong man to support her, help her, stand beside her. He will be that man she needs, the person that Highever will need if something was to happen to Fergus and me."

"Hawke, I know you don't want to, but I think you should enter into the competition come spring. You're a natural leader. You're going to need to show the men that you can fight, they won't follow someone who they've never seen lift a blade and I believe this will be better because no killing is involved. They can all see your swordsmanship without actual bloodshed. You already have the admiration and respect of three of my men. And don't worry about the King, I can take care of him."

Hawke was dumbfounded. What the hell just happened? He started pacing, running his hands through his hair. "I need a drink, anyone want to join me?" he said absently as he walked off without waiting for a response. He walked into the main house grabbed some cups and his bottle of whiskey he had stashed and went back outside. He poured himself a drink, slammed it and poured another before sitting down beside Elayne, he felt like he just got maneuvered into something he didn't want to be a part of.

He looked Bryce square in the eye, anger burning through him. "I don't want any of this. All I want is Elayne. I want to go to bed and wake up with her in my arms for the rest of my life. I want a simple life on this farm with my wife, maybe have kids. I don't want to lead an army, I don't want to enter some stupid competition just to prove what? That I'm good with a blade and I can kill. No, thank you. If the Teyrn falls to Elayne then I'll stand by her, support her with whatever else she needs from me, but I want nothing to do with an army."

He started to stalk away, but he felt Elayne, he turned back around. "I apologize for my outburst sir. I hope you can forgive me. What time do you leave? I want to go to town later and if Elayne wants to come with me, we'll ride with you until Lothering."

Bryce looked at the sky, saw where the sun was sitting and told Hawke, "in four hours, it'll be quicker since we won't have the carriage with us to slow us down, we can be in Redcliffe by nightfall."

Hawke looked at Elayne. "Then I'll be here. Please excuse me." Elayne stood up, walked to him. He put his head against her, took her mouth in his and kissed her deeply.

He whispered to her "I'm sorry baby, I love you, but I need to be alone for right now. I'll be back, I promise, besides we have to go to town and get some more shirts, so you can steal them," he tried to joke with her to lighten the mood a little before turning away.

He whistled for Midnight, got on him and rode down the path. This was all crazy. The first part of what Bryce had said Hawke had known to be true. Fate, destiny were at play here but not leading an army, not fighting in some stupid competition. He told them the truth. He didn't want fame or fortune. None of that, all he wanted was Elayne, why couldn't anyone understand that.

They got to the main road quick, Midnight could feel his masters frustration and anger. Once they were on the road, Hawke let the horse go, feeling the wind running across his face. After a while his thoughts went to Elayne. He loved her with all his heart. He felt his heart burst with love, joy and happiness when he thought about her. She was his reason for living, his soul mate. He loved going to bed and waking up with her in his arms. He felt warmth flowing into him, images of them together with her in his arms. Then he had images of her naked, of him standing there watching her pleasure herself on the couch last night.

Midnight stopped suddenly when Hawke nudged him accidentally, and he almost got thrown off the horse. He sat there stunned, that was not his thought. Then he felt her, reaching for him comforting him, and he wanted to weep with the love she was expressing. But first he was going to strangle his little wildcat. Hawke soothed Midnight, apologized to him and turned him around telling him to go home.

Elayne jerked her head up. She had felt him full of rage, hurt and confusion after he left, and she didn't blame him. What her father threw at him was too much too soon, and she let her father know about it. Not only did he get an earful from her but her mother and brother gave him an earful. Bryce looked at them ashamed, they were right, and he apologized, and told them he'd apologize to Hawke when he got back.

"Father, Arik has been nothing but honest and direct with you. He could have lied, but he told you the truth. He risked your anger, your wrath by being honest with you. All he wanted was for you to accept what him and I did last night. I was part of it, I said my vows to him, I slipped a ring on his finger. All he wanted was your acceptance and understanding, and what did you do? You laid this other crap on him. Give him time, he will come around, but father, let me handle this. I love him, I want to spend the rest of my life with him and if he asked it I would give up everything to lead a simple life here with him. That would be my choice."

She stood up, her hands balled into fists, she wanted to punch something, wanted to cry. She wanted Hawke to put his arms around her and tell her it would be ok. Then she saw the women surrounding her, and she realized she'd been crying.

She fell into her mothers arms weeping. "I'm sorry," she said looking up at them. "I don't normally do this, but I'm so worried and scared for him. The anger and hurt he's feeling, what if father scares Arik off, what if..."

That's as far as she got before her mother grabbed her and looked her in the eyes. "Elayne, you need to calm down, you and I both know that young man is not going anywhere, he is too deeply in love with you. Look at me hun, think about last night, think about the vows he said to you. Think about his arms around you. Calm down, please."

Elayne took a deep breath as she pictured his arms around her, his love for her. She let the breath out. She stood there calm and relaxed. She looked at everyone around her, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I reacted out like that."

12