Hazel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
815 Followers

She sits up and fixes her clothes.

I open the door and see Hazel standing there in all her glory. Her hair is wet like she just got out of a shower. She's wearing a tight black t-shirt that barely covers her taut belly. She's also wearing small running shorts that show off her beautiful lean legs. She has on running shoes as well. Was she running at this time of night?

"Hey, I hope this isn't weird but I just had the urge to see you."

I feel my mouth struggle to say anything.

"You're not Steve!" I hear Jules say behind me.

Hazel shrugs, unapologetically. "Sorry to disappoint."

Juliet looks between us and smiles, slyly, at me. "No worries, I was just heading out to meet Steve. I'll be back tomorrow morning." She winks at me as she grabs her things and rushes out the door.

Hazel makes her way in and takes her shoes off. She sits on the couch and leans back. She chuckles as she looks at the table in front of her. "You're drinking that?"

I nod, still dumbfounded that she is here in my apartment after I was just wishing her to be here.

"That explains it." She says under her breath. I look at her confused but she shakes her head. She pats the place next to her. "I don't bite." She says quietly. I feel the tension in the room as I take my place next to her. "I missed you."

I cross my legs and look at her for a while. She looks back and seems to take in every detail of my face. Her hand comes up to brush a strand of hair away from my face and just like that I feel the same instant connection I felt when she first touched in the hallway. And just like that I get over the fact that she is a... witch. There I said it... I don't think I can say it again, but once is enough. Who cares that she can disappear into thin air? As long as she keeps looking at me like that I don't care.

I surprise us both when I lunge at her and press my lips against hers.

I sigh in relief when I feel her lips against my own. They're full and inviting and I'm giving into the liquor and letting myself enjoy this pleasant kiss. Her hands wrap around my waist and they pull me closer until I'm straddling her. Every inch of skin that touches between us radiates some type of lustful yearning that I have never felt in my life. I have never felt so in place being in someone's arms and her hands running through my body are adding fuel to the fire. I'm moaning against her lips and her hands firmly grab my ass. There is a delicious feeling between our lips. It sends tingles to my breast and in between my thighs. A sudden jolt between our lips has me pulling back. I bring a hand to my lip and feel a slight sting.

Hazel's eyes go wide and she looks mortified. I want to ask her what is wrong but my phone rings. I jump at the sound. The spell is broken.

It's Jake...Jake! I jump off Hazel's lap and catch my breath. "Jake, hey." Do I sound weird?

"Hey, I need you to come to my game tomorrow night."

I frown at his weird request. Jake knows I don't really like going to his games. "Okay..." I want to ask why but I don't.

"I think he'll be there. I don't know how to explain it. Since it is a home game, I am almost sure he is going to be there."

That makes sense. Jake wants me there so he won't be tempted to talk to Leo. I feel less guilty about having Hazel here now. What were Jake and I doing though? Using each other as crutches so we will not be tempted to go after whom we really wanted. I am failing miserably in that department though. I will have to tell him tomorrow.

I feel myself turning bright red. Hazel is watching me pace back and forth. "I'll see you tomorrow." I breathe out.

We exchange our 'goodnights' and I finally hang up. I rub my lips together as I turn to look at Hazel. She looks upset. And considering I was just kissing her two minutes ago and just wished my boyfriend a good night two seconds ago I can understand why.

I decide to take my humiliation out on her. "What are you doing here?"

She scoffs. "You wanted me here so I showed up."

"I didn't want you here!" My voice goes up an octave, giving away my lie.

She crosses her arms. "Yes you did. Which makes me wonder why you want me here when you obviously have a boyfriend." She looks at the phone on my hand.

I rub a hand against my neck. "I don't know." I sigh and begin pacing again. What am I doing?

"I'm gonna go." She picks up her keys and begins to put her shoes on.

I feel my heart racing and fear takes over. The thought of her leaving almost wipes me out. But she just got here. And what if I never see her again? I am such an idiot for trying to stay away from her. I don't want her to go. Suddenly she's at my side in an instant, almost in the blink of an eye.

"What's wrong?" She looks deep into my eyes but is careful not to touch me.

I want her to wrap her arms around me, I am sure she can see my pathetic pleas, but she continues to just stare. I want her to kiss me again.

"I'm here whenever you need me." She kisses my head. "I probably shouldn't kiss you again". Her concerned eyes run over my lips.

That makes me really upset but I bite my lip to stop from begging her to. She probably doesn't want to kiss me knowing I am still with Jake. I need to talk to him immediately after the game.

I walk her to the door.

She smiles slightly and winks. Then she disappears.

I'm left, literally breathless.

******

~Hazel~

I make my way up the stands once I see Leo waving me over.

It is a full house tonight. Everybody and their grandmothers are at the game tonight, supporting their local football team. The atmosphere is great, people are laughing, cheering, and having a good time. The smell of popcorn and hotdogs remind me that I haven't eaten since this morning. The cold weather biting at my cheeks also reminds me I should have worn a warmer sweater.

"How are they doing?" I yell over the noise. Leo decided to sit in the most crowded area, probably to blend in and keep out of Jake's line of sight. Little did he know every guy and girl in the stadium is discreetly, some not so much, checking him out. His hair was pushed to the side and his eyes were almost glowing gold. We are a week away from a full moon and now that we have found our soul mates, our urges for them are only going to get worse.

"The other team is good. They're also playing very aggressively, if they hurt him..."

Leo can't take his eyes off Jake.

I want to ask if he talked to him but I know the answer. I search the crowd trying to see if I can spot her. I feel my body humming so I know she is nearby.

"She's near the fence with some brunette." Jake nods to the right.

My heart does a little flip when I see that she is already looking at me. Her cheeks are bright pink, but I am guessing it is not because of the cold. She gives me a small wave and turns around to continue watching the game again.

Oh, how I want to fuck her.

I wrinkle my nose at how crude I am being but it is the honest truth. After our first kiss yesterday I cannot stop thinking about her sweet lips. They were so warm and inviting against my own. And her tight ass in my hands had me dripping into my shorts, I was sure she could smell my arousal. And yet our heated kiss was interrupted by my inability to keep my powers in check. I didn't even know I had slipped until she pulled back and I saw a small red mark on her bottom lip. It looked like she got burned. That worried me. Can I really not be physical with Amelia without killing her?

"How'd the research go?" Leo still has his eyes on Jake, who seems like he's playing well.

I sigh. "Not much help. I want to set up a meeting with Adam. He has to know how to fix this." The Star Dust Coven was our last resort in matter where we felt we could not handle. I bet Adam has seen cases like this before.

"Are you sure the Star Dust Coven will meet with you without your parents present?"

I did think about that. Usually the Coven leaders set these types of meetings up themselves. This was just something I thought about on my way here. "I have to at least try. If Adam won't help I will go to Everett. He seems pretty cool." In reality I would much rather deal with Everett. He is more approachable and less intimidating. But I have to try with Adam first, he was bound to know something.

Leo's gasp pulls me out of my thoughts.

I look up and see Jake on the floor clutching his wrist. The idiot who hit him is standing over him taunting him; his teammates are trying to hold him back. A small spark goes off near his feet and he jumps back. Almost like a small lighting bolt nearly missed his foot.

I look at Leo whose eyes are bright yellow and a scowl is on his face, he is concentrating really hard. I grab his arm and tell him to snap out of it. People in the crowd are so concerned about Jake they don't notice the other player who is clutching at his right foot.

Leo shakes his head and starts running down the stairs, I chase after him.

The assistant coach helps Jake off the field and walks with him to the sidelines. All of the players give him pats as he walks by and an athletic trainer is already waiting for him to check out his hand. A player and someone else walk him to the nearest building. Leo is almost running to catch up with them and I try to lengthen my steps but someone grabs my shirt as I walk by.

"Did he do that?" Amelia's worried green eyes look up at me.

I open my mouth and close it again. I already lost Leo in the crowd, might as well stay with her.

Juliet is next to her and she's looking between us with a knowing look. I smile, glad that she knows there is something between us.

"What are you ladies doing after the game?" I try to change the subject.

Juliet smiles, slyly. "I'm meeting up with a friend but I know Amelia is free."

Amelia gives her a look. "Jake and I were supposed to go back to his place tonight, but I don't know now." She gives the general direction he left in a last glance.

"I'll stay with you. I am sure Leo will let us know where they are." Just then I get a call from him.

"Hey."

"He's in bad shape." Leo's voice is seething. I try not to get distracted by the fact that one of our best fighters is scared shitless right now. If Amelia was hurt, I can't even imagine.

"Where are you?"

He tells me and I let him know we will be there soon.

******

~Amelia~

I'm sitting on the cold floor in the hallway. Juliet is right next to me on her phone, probably canceling her booty call. Hazel is next to Leo, trying to calm him. He's on edge, trying to keep an eye on Jake as well as keep his distance. None of us have gotten to see him since we got here. Only once did we hear him groan in pain and Leo all but combusted.

"You can leave, you know." I lean my head back against the wall. The cold floor is numbing my butt.

Juliet smirks. "I might want to stay a while longer." She eyes Leo.

I snort. "He's taken."

Her smile gets wider. "That's never stopped me before. And if you mean he's in a relationship with Hazel, you know that's a lie. She hasn't stopped staring at you since she got to the field." She looks at Leo again, trying to catch his eye.

How do I explain that Leo doesn't seem to have eyes for anyone but Jake? I almost want to laugh out loud at the mess playing out before me. Obviously Jake and I are done, which means Hazel and Leo are probably done as well and somehow Juliet wants to be added in the mix.

"Juliet, Leo is-" The door opens and out comes Jake, who looks at all of us before his eyes land on Leo. The others walk out from behind him and wait near the exit.

Juliet and I get up at the same time. We all gather around him.

"I have to go to the hospital, can you drive?" He looks at me expectantly.

"I'll drive you." Leo speaks up.

There is an awkward silence and Jake finally turns to look at him. "I want you to stay away from me."

Leo sucks in a breath but his face gets hard. "I'm not leaving you alone until I make sure you're okay." His eyes are flashing and the air around us thickens.

"I think Jake and I will be fine guys," I step next to Jake and wraps his arm around me shoulder. I don't want to be here to see Leo lose his temper.

He's about to complain but Hazel tugs on his hand and says something under her breath. He looks between Jake and I troubled and huffs.

******

~Hazel~

Adam's gray eyes watch me like a hawk.

I fight the urge to shrink back against my seat. This is all for Amelia, I remind myself.

"You're right, we have encountered instances like this in the past." His eyes look like they hold the whole universe in them, I avoid staring directly into them. His voice gives me the chills. I've never been so close to him before. The power radiating off of him is enough to have any magical being on edge. Even if he was kind enough to meet at my place, I still feel uncomfortable.

"Hazel, you're not going to like what I have to say." There is no emotion in his voice. The Star Dust Coven is known to stick to facts and leave biases aside. There is never any feeling in their words, only statements. "Many humans have died at the hands of their soul mates."

I suck in a breath, shaking my head. "So what? I am expected to leave her alone, suffer in silence, live as if I never found out that she existed?"

He seems to contemplate for a moment. "There has not been an instant where a human has survived after trying to pursue a relationship with one of us." Again, he's just stating the facts.

I pick up my glass, to take my mind of this for a second. Inevitably Amelia's beautiful green eyes appear. Her hair is parted down the middle today. Her black curls have more volume to them today. I wish I could smell her.

"May I?" He reaches out.

I hesitate. If he sees who she is, he will make sure we are never seen together again.

"I am only curious." He tries again. His translucent skin and white hair make him look like a spirit. I do not want to see this spirit angry.

His eyes assess the scene. Amelia is in her living room watching TV while trying to study. There is no emotion is in eyes. He studies the picture for a second longer and makes a move to give the cup back to me. Just then Juliet appears in the picture and his face stills. Whereas a few seconds ago he had no emotion, his eyes slightly widen. A slight frown appears on his lips.

"What's wrong?" I get scared, thinking something is happening to Amelia but when I take the cup from his hand nothing has changed. Juliet is sitting next to her on the couch, channel surfing.

I look back up at him but he's gone.

***

"Miss.Holt, I'm afraid you would be dead by now." Professor Sinclair interrupts my vivid daydream featuring Amelia naked, looking delicious.

I clear my throat and bow my head. "I apologize. I-uh." I am sure my parents have told him that I have found my soul mate. Surely he must know how difficult it is for me to concentrate on anything but Amelia with a full moon happening tonight. "It seems my mind is miles away. I don't know if your lessons will be much effective at the moment." I lower my hands away from him. "It is a full moon tonight" I remind him.

Professor Sinclair was trying to show me how to create portals. Unlike regular teleportation, portals can go much farther and move individuals who do not have to be touching me in any way. We have moved on to portals after learning about the elements, and with Rebels raiding out town, it would be very beneficial for me to try and harness all of my power and use it wisely. I just can't think of anything else but Amelia at the moment. I want her. I need her.

He looks at me for a while before his wrinkly skin takes on a light shade of pink. It is his turn to clear his throat. "You must cast aside all thoughts of her. Tonight you are at the peak of your powers, any wrong move could end badly."

I walk to the center of the room. He has pushed aside all of the tables and chairs. There is just a patch of grass right in the center along with a small pond and some rocks around it. He's been trying to get me to create a portal to move that small scenery across the room. If I can accomplish that I can warp my enemies miles away from me in the blink of an eye. If I were met face to face with a Rebel today I would be screwed. I can feel my powers radiating off me and any emotion that I can't control can leave me at a disadvantage. I am unfocused and hurting. My body is literally fighting the urge to just go to her. But I know that would put her in danger. If I so much as touched her today I could seriously harm her.

"Have you found your soul mate professor?" I am sitting cross-legged on the grass. I have never asked such a personal question. I usually go to my lessons and come out a better witch. Today though, that is a moot point.

I hear his footsteps across the room. "I have not."

I want to scoff, but refrain. "Then you do not know what it is like to have every cell in your body demanding to you be with the only person in the universe who can make you feel like you are in heaven."

His footsteps falter. He thinks in silence. I lean across to look into the pond. Her face appears in a matter of seconds. I am getting better at this. She's visiting her mother's grave; there is a tear on her cheek. I grind my teeth. If I could just comfort her...

"What if being with her puts her life at risk?" He's standing on the other side of the pond looking down at the image of Amelia. "Surely your instincts would lead you in the right path if your knew the danger you could put her in."

I sigh, eyes still downcast. "But she is my world."

He's frowning, but not at me. "Miss.Holt, your father has made it very clear that you shall have no contact with this young woman. Now, seeing her from a distance like this is innocent enough, but anything more is just plain recklessness on your part."

I suck in a breath and try to fight my own tears. I stand, very defeated. "But-"

He rubs his palms together and the pond and grass disappear. "I think it best if you just cleared your thoughts of her and she of you."

My eyes widen and in an instance the room goes up in flames.

He cruses and quickly builds a shield around himself. "Miss.Holt, you will put a stop to this immediately!" I can see the fear in his eyes. This is not something I should be able to do. When I am taking lessons in this room, Professor Sinclair has the ability to control just how much power I have access to.

I hold my breath and the flames go away. "I'm sorry," I exhale.

His shield goes down but he's shaking his head. "Imagine if she was near you when you did that. You could have killed her!"

I take a step back. "I would never-"

"You can, and you will if you do not keep your distance."

***

"I just have to be careful." I keep chanting to myself.

Leo is bending over his desk looking at a map. "I think Professor Snoozeclair might be right."

I stop pacing and stop myself from losing control again. Leo would be pissed if I submerged his room underwater. "How can you think that?!"

He shrugs his shoulders and lifts his palm so the map becomes 3D. "I have been thinking about it myself. Erasing my thoughts to be rid of him."

'Coward." I say under my breath. He can't even say his name. "You are a coward!" I yell at him. "You would rather give up on love and go on living your meaningless life feeling nothing because you're scared that someone else holds your heart."

I see him clenching and unclenching his jaw. "You could kill her." He throws back at me.

My body physically reacts and I place a hand over my heart. It is beating at an alarming rate. "Leo, I might as well be dead if I cannot be with her."

He frowns at me. "Don't be stupid. You can keep living life as you were before if you just got rid of any memories of her."

"I will not."

He glares some more then shakes his head. "I have a meeting to go to. The rebels are plotting something big in the next couple of weeks. If you want to keep putting her life in danger more than you already are, that will be on your conscience."

SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
815 Followers
1...34567...9