He Never Saw That Coming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm offering him the same salary he is making now. In addition, upon the finalization of the divorce, he will receive a huge signing bonus. And as part of the package, I will pay for his lawyer.

If you don't fight this, I'll pay for yours. If you fight, you will go bankrupt fighting us.

"Ali, this is to prevent you from seeking alimony from Tom. I'll let him live in Blueridge's condo until the courts dissolve your marriage. When the divorce is final, I'll pay you one year's compensation and medical. You won't get a recommendation.

"But I promise the pictures won't show up to your future employer. If you get a job earlier, preferably on the other side of Atlanta, I'll pay you the year's salary anyway. So I suggest you apply for jobs starting now. They don't usually ask for recommendations when you have a job. Oh, and you're removed from your current duties."

Ali knew that was the best deal she would get and thought it best to accept Robert's offer.

Robert turned to Tom. "Those papers are not written in stone. You can change your mind at any time."

"Mr. Bradshaw, I thank you. But that's not going to happen," replied Tom

Robert smiled, "Go pack a bag and let us get you out of here. Both of you need some room to think. Tom stood up and went to his room to pack the things he would need for the upcoming week.

Robert picked up the cell and dialed. "Rebecca, it's done. Come get us. I know he won't feel like eating but let's take him to the club for dinner and talk with him anyway. Oh, she is. Great."

Robert hung the phone up and looked at a tearful Ali. "Ali, there is an old saying, 'You can tell a woman's value in a relationship when the man is poor. You can tell the value of a man in a relationship when he is rich. My wife was a saint when I had nothing. I am trying to be one now that I have everything, including her." Ali sat there sobbing.

Fifteen minutes later, Tom returned with two suitcases. He turned to Ali and sighed, "Goodbye."

Robert grabbed one of Tom's bags and put his arm on his shoulder, "Rebecca is here; she'll drive us to the Country Club for dinner. I know you don't feel like eating right now. But we want you to settle down before we take you to the condo. Oh, by the way, Constance is coming. She wants to make sure you have a friend."

Ali wailed as they walked out of the house.

Tom noticed Constance stepping out of the SUV, smiling at him with sympathy as they walked to the car.

Tom stopped, turned, and asked Mr. Bradshaw. "Sir, why do people do that? What did she think I would do once I found out. I look at you and Mrs. Bradshaw and think how I wish I had a perfect wife like you."

Robert smiled and chuckled. "No, Tom, she's not perfect. But, boy, could I tell you a story. It caused a lot of trouble in our marriage about 15 years ago. Now let's go eat.

Forward: A year later

Robert sat next to Rebecca as they were sitting with Constance for support. Constance explained her mother's side of the family. And Rebecca's role in a rift between Robert and her earlier in their marriage. Robert's eyes got huge as Rebecca stared in embarrassment, turning red.

Robert spoke after Constance finished. "Robert, you have our blessings to marry Constance. But if you find you can't, there will be no repercussions if you refuse. So why don't you go outside and spend time with Constance, and she will answer any questions."

Six months later, Tom and Constance were married.

12