All Comments on 'Head Above Water Pt. 02'

by norafares

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Head above Water

I LOVED your Storyline . The main 2 Characters and the supporting cast were superb . Thank you , its been a very pleasant morning !

I`m now going to see your profile and hope that you`re a prolific writer because I would love to read more from you .

Very Best Wishes .

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
Yay! New chapter!

What great characters! Unbelievably real and charming. Thank you for sharing your talent. More, please. Randi.

Greyman01Greyman01almost 5 years ago
More please

There must be more to this love story. It's too good to stop now.

jsmangisjsmangisalmost 5 years ago
One Of The Best I’ve Read Here

Normally I don’t read a story without skipping the ‘boring parts’ but your work is so well written I read both chapters so far to the end. Your understanding of both characters’ lives and backgrounds as well as the way you wove their stories together, captivated me completely. I hope there is more to tell about these two and their future lives together,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Excellent babe... Keep weaving wonders.

coder0504coder0504almost 5 years ago
Excellent!

You do a terrific job of showing us ‘who’ the characters are and what they are experiencing themselves, not just what they are and what they’re doing. I just read both chapters today, and am definitely looking forward to future installments!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 5 years ago
Powerful dialog

You have a gift. I know these characters like they’re old friends. The way you weave dialogue tells the story line and the appropriate background so beautifully.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ONE of the BEST stories EVER!

This has to be one of the BEST stories I have ever read on Literotica! PLEASE continue with at least two or three more chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
wow

at first i thought a bit too much of the pseudo bickering. But what an emotional ending. It felt so authentic. I just don't really get why she is so broken, not sure that has been fully explained. But great characters. Maturely written, and believable more than most. Simply wow. An emotional tour de force and fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

"This isn't a story for the strokers, but there is sex." lmao

This is my fav chapter of this story so far, I love all about it. Esp the characterisation, you won't believe how much anxiety this chapter gave me about my own writing (hence my panic about shallow side characters lol). I feel like I'm still a million miles away from ever reaching this point where characterisation flows into the story this naturally D;

But luckily I have you for that hehe

Keep going and finish this baby so you can publish it properly and not just for free!!

Laura

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic Story But A Little Trope-y

I truly love this story. But the whole concept of 'beautiful woman doesn't know/think that she's beautiful, until a man who is romantically into her tells her she is' is a little silly.

Celine can be a badass call center manager, a good friend and a great lover all rolled into one. But the focus on her 'you don't know ur beautiful' behavior is a bit much.

What are we, One Direction?

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
Thank you Laura

"Laura, without whom this part in the series would not exist. She advocated for character growth,"

(Author's intro comment about her Beta reader.)

It was there in large bucketfuls and brilliantly so. Thanks, Nora.

On the other hand, all the way through I had an awful feeling that something dreadful was about to destroy the idyllic high-speed development of this perfect romance. Surely it can't happen? That would be awful.

Lue

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 5 years ago
Awesome

Really well done! Keep writing

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Excellent!

I don't know if you plan more chapters, but either way is fine.

I'd certainly enjoy reading more about them, but the story also feel complete as it is,

EmmeranEmmeranalmost 5 years ago
Anaheim Hills?

Seriously who chooses Anaheim Hills when Huntington Beach, etc are so much closer to CHOC? I'm uncomfortable just thinking about the heat and traffic on the 91!

Love your work so far, do you have a patreon page?

SpyauthSpyauthalmost 5 years ago
Home Run

Nora,

Absolutely fantastic follow up to your first chapter. Character development is excellent. Wish I could do it as well as you did. The dialogue was so well done, I found myself wishing there was more.

My Aston will survive and I do appreciate the shout out. While insurance doesn't cover it, I don't think any real damage has been done.

Your story is my new blueprint on how to build tension in romance. Thank you.

I can't wait for the next installment. There must be a turnabout. Isn't there?

Spyauth

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
fabulous

The story can't end here - where is the next part?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

Great story Nora, I know you could build up a little more drama, and turn this into a few more chapters. You could leave it right here, and just let the readers imagination finish Wes, and Celine’s story, either way it’s a job well done.

More stories please(sooner rather than later) and we are patiently waiting for the finish of “ Renesance “

Thank you K.S.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Another 5 Stars

Have you ever tried a new restaurant where the appetizers were just amazing, but the main course was pedestrian?

Have you ever loved a movie where the sequel was just ‘meh’?

Well, this ain’t that.

Part two was every bit the equal of part one and I’m looking forward to part three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Masterpiece theater.

Just wow. You have characters that are bursting off the page, it ended VERY steamy, and your prose is wonderful.

Thank you very much for sharing with all of us. And I stand by my comment on Pt. 01; there is real, certifiable talent here.

harryvmiharryvmiover 4 years ago
two bitch friends

I was enjoying this story till the two high and mighty stuck up bitches Rita and Addie made their appearance. I despise women like these two stuck up beautiful people treating any man that looked at or admired Celine like shit. .Fu.c.k the beautiful click kinda people. I never in life ran in their circles and am glad life helped me avoid that curse. If these where Celine's closest friends it might reveal a flaw in Celine's character! Hehe, I laughed at Celine owning a piece of poop Tesla.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
@harryvmi

Those damn beautiful and popular women! Those bitches responsible for you Incels never getting a date, huh? High and mighty stuck up bitches responsible for every war ever started, every mass shooting and Rick rolling. How dare they be beautiful! They been oppressing you all your life, right?

If only they had never been given the right to vote, drive and shit. They also responsible for you not being able to afford a Tesla, right? No wonder you hate them. They made you mooch around in that Chrysler Sebring, right?

Maybe you get together with all those other Incels and start a movement. Go get 'em, stud.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
"two bitch friends"

Well, that was a hella bizarre comment.

Safe to assume that there was a beautiful woman in your past that turned you down or disappointed you in some other way and now there's some latent misogyny?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
harryvmi is an alpha?

Norafares, first let me say this was a good introspective romance. You are growing as a writer, keep it up. Harryvmi, your bio says you 'attended' VMI, does that mean you are a drumout? Or just that you couldn't handle the ratline? Or did you get kicked out for grades or conduct? And then you went VCU? And you claim to be an Alpha? Bwahahaha, you and I both know what you really are if you couldn't graduate. And yes I did, as an engineer. So I guess I'm more of a nerd and an alpha than you and I was in alpha company You seem like an echo boi. I tried but couldnt get lit to let me join, maybe someday.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Among the BEST I've read on Literotica

I love Nora's ability to articulate normal everyday dialogue. It is very coloquial. Not strained, or stiff. The banter between Wes and Celine is humorous without being over the top. I guess you'd say it's cute. This is the second chapter of the first series by Nora that I have read, but I notice a similarity to another author, Arnica Butler. She also writes erotica available on Amazon. I sincerely mean that as a compliment? I have loved reading this series. Thank you.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
You're a bitch

No, sorry, you're the author. Celie is the bitch. Dang, wrong again, it's Celine. What a fabulous character you've created. I couldn't stand to be around her for sure. That just speaks to the job you've done with her. Plus, most guys would like to be Dr. Wes I think. Same reason, Now on to Chap. 3.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimeralmost 4 years ago
Incredible

This is why you are now one of my new favorite authors (along with Randi) and why I signed up for your website. Your writing is superb the way you make everything flow, with none of the usual literary mistakes. Now to continue with the rest of your stories.

mcollectmcollectalmost 4 years ago
Again you blew me away!

So glad I found your stories, I will now read everything you write. Perfect timing and back and forth between the two of them.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Brilliant, Slightly Bonkers And I Love It

The writing stule is still a little difficult to get mh head round but, boy, am I loving it. The banter between Celine and Wes is fantastic and their relationship is slowly morphing into something good, I hope.

Maybe Dragon Lady but it's clear her colleagues respect her and her friend colleagues are supportive so I don't have a problem there.

Then you brought Gal Gadot, Mexican version, into this story and now I'm totally hooked. It must have a happy ending or else???

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
outstanding...

second story of yours that i´ve read. panned the first one...for english, even though murrican.

in this one, i was able to skip past the unnecessary ´ofs´...(even my wife, lifelong canadian, talks like that...irritating as it is)

loved!! this one...learned something about call centres...my wife´s brother worked in one after retiring from the navy, as did my stepdaughter in her early twenties...neither of them did ´higher education´, and it shows...but of course, we love them both.

thank you for writing...i´ll continue reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow...

This is the first of your stories I have read, an wow covers it all. Your style just draws me into the characters. Thank you for your time and effort.

DP

Sunset154Sunset154about 3 years ago

Great chapter looking forward to the next one. 5 stars

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 3 years ago

I lost track of how much I laughed out loud; once I almost choked on my bite of hamburger!

From what I've read about adopted children (where it went badly), you've captured well in every degree I can remember every last reservation or even loathing that badly-treated foster kids experience, and you then turn around and get Wes to tear every one of them down. It's incredible to read.

Rita and Addie taking bets, along with Agatha and Kevin's welcoming her to Wes's apartment prove priceless and so loyal to the characters you made them into. Everyone feels real and genuine--with their hangups--no issues nor problems with verisimilitude here!

What's best is that Celine changes because she wants to see what Wes does, and she is trying, which is so beautiful in its own right. Add to that her being convinced to literally let her hair down, then try more makeup...and she's finally starting to see what a real self-estimation is like and how it can feel to have a healthy relationship with someone that wants her for her; best of all, they both understand each other so well! That's why the back-and-forth is oh-so witty and such a pleasure to read.

Wish I could read the rest of these tonight, but I have some other things to do...those will just make me want to read ch 3-5 more later.

One last thing: while "Celine" is French, it's very close to a very well-known person that was considered truly beautiful by everyone that knew of her and/or knew her personally--Selena (Greek for "the moon"). This Celina isn't far behind that--at least for Wes. ;)

The score? 5. I truly cannot think of a time I've laughed more nor enjoyed dialogue this much. Never.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

outstanding...just minor edits...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

can´t stop reading...

AussieGuy52AussieGuy52almost 3 years ago

WOW absolutely brilliant! I love your storytelling and character building, rising to the crescendo, beautiful work, thank you

HeartlandHarlotHeartlandHarlotalmost 3 years ago

Great part two. Advanced the action and the characters, kept me racing along - eager to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Stop trying to downplay your features into Rosie O'Donnell's Mexican left buttcheek with that pathetic makeup job." One of the funniest lines I've ever read!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Norafares, let me just say that the “Kissing the scars inside” sentence just broke me, I could kiss you for writing something as beautiful as that. Thank you, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thankyou.

An extremely well written story.

Some absolutely beautiful and meaningful phrases, as Purplefizz pointed out.

Some phrases are very Kris Kristoffersonesque. As I consider him the best lyricist of the 20th century, I can not offer you higher praise than that for your work. The way you are able to weave meanings and emotions into just a few words is remarkable.

For me personally I did not like nor do I understand the bit where the two "friends" drag an unwilling Celine out to buy some unwanted makeup. And then to tart her up in unwanted and expensive lingerie. Both are things she has purposely shunned in her life. These two things are just not "her".

They are not what attracted Wes to her. He wanted to be treated like a real human being, not just a surgeon.

He liked her because she was real. Not because she was a tarted up 7th Avenue whore.

Also I don't get how The Dragon Lady suddenly becomes this submissive whimp with her two subordinates. Maybe its a girl thing.

I am just a male and despite being happily married for 45 years, I now have less understanding about how the female mind works than I did when I got married.

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I laughed hard and teared up with this one - so good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just getting hotter and more sensual...!

FoxycatladyFoxycatladyover 1 year ago

Beautiful *chefs kiss*

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful ❤️💕💕💕

NevermyloveNevermyloveover 1 year ago

I have never felt the emotions I’m experiencing at this moment. Exquisitely complete.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It just keeps getting better. Great read. Such a talent.

G

Kdct41Kdct41about 1 year ago

I wish this was my life. The way you write, hallmark should pay you to write movies for them. To be realistic and captivating.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Admit it: You ran a call center in Islamabad, commuting from Kabul in your own helicopter—yes, I just read Renascence—then decamped for med school in southern California. All the while teaching master classes in plotting and characterization and writing dialogue. Yegods and little fishes, woman, you can do it all. While dancing backwards in heels.

Hugo999Hugo99911 months ago

Great wit with all your characters ... enjoying the series immensely

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca7 months ago

Beautifully written raw emotion.

MrJohnnySirMrJohnnySir5 months ago

Very good story. Hits all the marks; checks all the boxes.

Wondering where in your Lit chronology this one appears. Because it seemed like an easy write for you. Comfortable. Familiar. It was certainly an easy read.

That is what bothers me about this one. Maybe the others I have read spoiled me. I felt like something was missing.

This one didn't seem to have the depth I have come to expect. Certainly not enough to relate to Celine's expressed feeling of drowning.

I am not by any means saying it was shallow. But the depth was hotel-pool safe. Not much risk. No Lifegaurd on duty - none needed.

She had already done the hard work of saving herself.

Wes was the end, not the means. Which is OK. She believed in rewarding hard work. It would have felt more authentic if she had acknowledged that she was finally rewarding herself, rather than being "saved". That she had earned the possibility of fulfillment in her emotional life just like she had in her vocational life.

I discerned a foreshadowing of that, but not an acknowledgement. And Wes never quite expressed that either. Although he may have understood that she deserved it, he never rewarded her by expressing it.

The concept just didn't quite make the full circle of closure.

But that is not to say it wasn't an enjoyable read. It was fun.

I am curious to know if it was what YOU wanted it to be. Did the story reward your hard work, to you?

If so, well done. You deserve it.

My opinion is nothing more than that. Just a reader's opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Milagro medico medicine. Two frustrated alienated overworked professionals relieving stress and loneliness. How romantically ironical. The taming of the shrews. (By using the 'snake pit' method?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernorafares@norafares
Hi there, I’m Nora :) I write about flawed characters navigating their way through life, often falling hopelessly in love along the way. I grew up on 90s swoony Bollywood films, endless piles of cheesy romance novels, and obsessively rewinding that part where Matthew Macfayde...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories