Head Nurse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sent a quick message to him- Copy.

The next two messages were from Anne. The first one was just a good morning and good luck message. The second one was a picture of a hot fireman wearing just his helmet and bunker pants with no shirt.

As I was looking at it, she sent a message- Just getting you warmed up for when Zach gets there. Maybe I should run by the station and pick up his bunker pants and helmet. You could ask him to model for a calendar shot."

She had added a winking emoji to it so I just replied with- Probably should let him get settled in before I make any special requests. Chat later.

I finished toweling off and got dressed. Normally I would have put on some gym shorts and a sleeveless t shirt but with Chief Riley and Zach coming I threw on a pair of khaki shorts and a short-sleeved t shirt. I also normally would have worn my Crocs around the house but decided on regular flip flops. I had just made it downstairs when I heard a quick knock on the door, and it swung open. Chief Riley stepped in first followed by Zach and his lieutenant.

I heard a chorus of "Hey Justine." I think coming from all of them almost at the same time.

"Come on in. How is everyone doing? Zach how are you doing? Excited to be out of the hospital?"

Zach held up both of his hands to show me tight glove like devices. They had an appearance of an Ace Bandage but you could see they were cumbersome and definitely limited his fingers dexterity. "Thrilled to be out, but honestly I can't wait to get ride of these things. I honestly can't thank you enough to putting me up for a few weeks."

I saw the look on Chief Riley's face and the lieutenant . Both of them indicating that a few weeks was more than optimistic.

"I am glad I can help out. I would give you the tour but you can see most of it from here. Kitchen is behind me, the eating area is off of that and this is pretty much the living room. The couches are comfortable and TV has a great picture."

Zach smiled and said "It is perfect. I am excited to be able to do something besides lay in hospital bed."

"The bedrooms are upstairs. The guest room is pretty good sized and has a TV also. The third bedroom is set up more as an office."

Lieutenant Billingsly nodded at Zach "Hey let us run you up to take a quick look plus I can drop this in the room. I also heard they dropped some of your other stuff off last night."

I noticed that the lieutenant had two of those big plastic bags that hospitals send your personal stuff in. As Zach moved past me, I was reminded of his size. Not only was he 6' 3" but his shoulders were broad although it looked like he had lost some of the muscle definition in his arms. I am 5' 9" barely and thinner in the shoulders. There was a definite difference in our size.

After the Lieutenant and Zach made their way upstairs Chief Riley steered me towards the kitchen. "Thank you again for helping out. He is putting on a game face, but you can tell he is pretty lost on what happens next and how things are going to go. I also think he is little scared of having to still rely on others for some help."

"Speaking of that. What exactly is my role besides giving him a place to stay? What do I need to do? What does he need? And what happens on the days I am at work? These questions came out pretty fast I think, I had been wondering about them all morning.

"Well first, I guess you haven't checked your work calendar? If you had, you would see you are on a special detail at least for the next 30 days." I am pretty sure he saw the shock in my face as he said that, so he quickly moved on to the other things I had asked about. "The biggest thing honestly will be making sure he gets meals, driving him to follow up doctor appointments, helping with things he can't do because of his hands."

"What kind of things?" A little panic could be heard in my voice as I thought of things that a man used his hands for.

"Relax, he has been working with occupational therapy and they say that he can take care of himself in the restroom with some stuff that they provided. There will be a home care nurse coming by a few times a week and she will make sure he gets bathed. And the occupational therapist is working on helping him learn how to dress himself. He mostly wears gym clothes anyways."

This helped me relax some "Okay, that is the stuff I needed to know. I am honestly glad to be able to help out, but I would like more communication on what is going on. When is the nurse supposed to make her first visit?"

"The occupational therapist will be here at 2:00 today to help get things set up for him and to look over you place. I think the nurse is coming in tomorrow in the early afternoon, but I will confirm."

Right then Zach and the lieutenant came back downstairs "Hey that is a nice set up for the bedroom. Again, thanks I really do appreciate you giving me a place to stay." He smiled as he said it, I had always know that his body was amazing but for the first time I noticed he was really handsome. Like almost movie star good. looks.

"Uh... yea no problem. You have enough to deal, worrying about where you are going to sleep shouldn't be on that list." I replied and worried a little that my voice sounded funny or nervous.

The lieutenant had a bag with him and said "Hey these are something to help him when he is eating. Special utensils that his hands can hold easier and a couple of cups that have a large handle his hands can slip in. I am just going to put them in the kitchen. I put some of the things he needs for the bathroom up in the hall bathroom."

I nodded to let him know I understood and watched Zach out of the corner of my eye. His face had changed as he was reminded that he needed special things just for everyday living.

"Hopefully he won't need that stuff for long and he will back to normal soon." I said.

"Okay the chief and I are going to take off. Zach has my number if you need anything for the next several hours. Zach we will see you later this evening." The lieutenant said as he and the chief walked out the front door.

"Thanks Loo... and thank you both for picking me up and dropping me off."

"The lieutenant is coming back this evening?" I asked.

"Yea, the guys from the firehouse wanted to come by for a small out of the hospital celebration. I hope that is okay?"

"Sure, do I need to get anything for this celebration? And how many people are coming?"

"Just the truck company guys and no I am sure they will bring whatever they need. Would it be okay if I go lay down for a bit? This is the most time I have spent standing for a while and honestly, I haven't really slept well. No one has ever really rested in a hospital." He said that looking back over his shoulder as he was going up the stairs so I assume asking me if it would be okay was just rhetorical.

"No problem."

I heard him go into the bathroom, a minute or so later the toilet flushed, and he went across the hall to his room. Any worries I had about having to help him with that were gone.

I went into the kitchen and texted Anne- He is here. Just laid down to rest. Nothing major to report but do you know anything about a celebration here this evening? He said the guys were coming over to celebrate his getting out of the hospital?"

I got up and made a sandwich for my self and was scrolling through social media again when she texted back- I hadn't heard anything but I am just one of those ambulance people, so you know, not really a part of the shift. Speaking of ambulance people... You are detailed for 30 days? Who the hell am I going to get stuck with, any idea?

I responded quickly- You must have looked at the calendar.... I just found about that myself. I have no idea. And seeing as this is my house you are welcome to come by this evening if you want. Might be nice to have some back up from all the Neanderthals that will be here." I added a winking emoji to that.

I noticed the .... Of her starting to reply. That happened several times and finally I got- Don't want to be the only girl there? She added several emojis to indicate that she meant it as a joke.

I was typing my reply when I got another from her- Sorry... I will stop the teasing. I was honestly just trying to lighten it up a little. No promises but I might stop by and bring some wine coolers for us. Okay... I swear that was my last one." That one only had a smile emoji.

I back spaced my original message and wrote- The teasing is fine. In fact, if I am honest it is a bit of a turn on. A big-eyed red cheek embarrassed emoji followed that. I continued- "great if you can come but if you don't, I will give you all the details tomorrow."

Anne texted back- Okay...... Princess.

I smiled at that and realized again that I enjoyed the teasing and found it arousing. I think it was partly because I knew that she knew what I was interested in.

Not sure what do with myself at this point and if it would be okay to leave Zach alone, I flopped into the couch and channeled surfed. I had a hard time doing nothing during the day and this felt weird to me. I actually dozed off a little and came out of my cat nap when I heard noise from upstairs. Zach made his way down stairs, and flopped on the couch opposite of me.

"Can I get you anything? Are you hungry? Want something to drink?" I asked.

"What did you eat for lunch? And some water would be great." He replied.

"I had a ham sandwich. Want one of those? Umm.. I hate to ask but can you eat a sandwich? I mean can you pick one up and hold it?" I felt my voice trailing off as I said it.

"Yea, although I have only been able to do that recently. I have a little movement in the tip of my fingers and the gloves are shaped to be able to hold things." He held one hand up to show me. "A ham sandwich sounds great."

I went and quickly made a sandwich and filled one of his special cups with water. He thanked me when I brought them back.

My phone vibrated with a message from Anne- Kayla Harper. I am partnered with Kayla Harper for at least the next few shifts. I have never worked with her. Have you?

I laughed a little as I replied- Yes. She isn't bad to work with. A decent medic and easy to get along with as long as you make sure she gets her gym time. And if you smile and bat your eyes at her I bet you could get another really relaxing massage. That got a big laughing and winking emoji.

I saw the .... Of an immediate response- Funny. Speaking of sex. I won't make it tonight. Bob told me he wanted to take me out for a nice dinner which is usually his way of saying we are going to have sex tonight. Since I haven't had any dick in about a month, I am not passing that up. Oh... and if Zach offers you some dick tonight make sure you don't pass it up either. Again with a big smile emoji.

I knew she was trying to make sure she was once again on the upper hand of the teasing after my massage comment, so I just respond- Thanks for the great advise girlfriend.

When I set the phone down the on the couch Zach said "That is something I miss a lot, being able to text. I can do the voice texts, but it isn't the same. Plus depending on what you are texting you might not want to be somewhere people can hear what you are saying. Although maybe not being able to text is a good thing for me since it was the texts that got me in this situation of not having a home."

"I am not sure it was just the texts was it? I think the texts were just evidence, but no judgements here. And regardless it sucks that you pretty much lost everything. Do you miss your ex-wife?"

I could tell he was actually contemplating that before answering with "Yes... and no. It was obvious pretty early that we rushed getting married. She wanted to dive right into the house with kids, a dog, and a picket fence. I was still ready to have fun, party, vacation. And honestly, I love the thrill of the chase and that was gone also. And ever more honest.... I love sex and after we got married, I know it sounds cliché, that seemed to not be a priority for her."

I nodded to acknowledge I had heard what he said- he continued "Not saying that made it right for me to be having affairs, especially with women she worked with at the hospital. Although I guess she is getting the last laugh now because not one nurse there would give me the time of day for the two months I was in there."

I laughed at that and responded. "So I guess it has been awhile for you huh."

"Yes, it has.... And hell, I can't even get a date with Rosie Palmer and her sisters." He held up his bandaged hands to make sure I understood that he wasn't able to even just satisfy himself. "How about you? Dating anyone? Hell, fucking anyone? Or are you getting fucked by someone? No judgement if that is your deal."

I have no idea what my face looked like at the last part of that and what made him think that I might be gay but before I could respond there was a loud pounding on the door and before I could get to it all the guys from the ladder truck came barging in. There was a round of greetings, bro hugs, and jokes. During all of it I felt like an outsider and I guess I was.

"Hey Justine, got a place for these and a grill to cook them on?" said Kyle as he handed me a pack of steaks. "I got some big ass potatoes to throw in the oven also. Figure first night out our man Zach deserved a real meat and potatoes dinner."

I took all of it from him and headed into the kitchen. The lieutenant was already in there putting beers in the fridge and I saw a bottle of Jameson on the counter. "You got any shot glasses for us boys to give a little toast with?"

I dug out the glasses and handed to them to him as I put the potatoes in the oven. I heard the laughing and joking from the other room and couldn't decide if I should join them. I decided to step onto the deck and make sure the grill was good to go. Then came back in and got out plates, silver wear, etc. and started to set the table for four or five, again I wasn't sure where I fit in with this. I looked in the fridge and saw a pack of four large New York Strips but remembered I had put five potatoes in the oven. I moved some of the beer aside and saw there was one more, much smaller, steak in there. I set the table to for five.

I decided to send Anne a quick text- If you think the testostrogene is bad in the firehouse you should see my family room right now.

Surprisingly she responded back right away- try not to get any on you girlfriend, I don't want my partner turning into a dumb jock. I was just picking out my panties and bra for Bob to remove after we go out to dinner tonight, I am thinking red.

I was a little shocked at the last part of that. For two people who didn't talk much about their personal sex life we seemed to have jumped forward a long way from that in the last several days.

My response to her- I would go with red and lots of lace that will definitely get him going I am sure.

I saw her typing an immediate response- Red lace it is then. Hey, if you want to borrow them and model them for Zach just let me know. You know girlfriends share everything. Got to run. Chat soon.

I decided not to respond to that and went digging into my fridge to see if I had enough stuff to make five salads to go with the steaks and potatoes. Seeing that I did, I poked my head out into the living room and interrupted all the laughing and joking.

"Hey, do you all want a salad to go with this meal? And which one of you guys is grilling the steaks? The potatoes should be good to go in about 15 minutes."

I got a sure "a sure whatever" response from Marcus.

Zach said- "as long as it isn't too much trouble, I will take one."

The Lieutenant looked at Walt. "Can you handle the steaks?"

Twenty minutes later we were all sitting at the table eating. Well I was sitting for a second, having a bite, and then getting up to get someone a fresh beer, or steak sauce, more butter, different dressing. I knew I wasn't part of this group, but I didn't know I was going to be their waiter.

The conversation was loud with a lot of bragging and boasting. Zach got a lot of ribbing about being caught by his wife and kicked out. He took it in stride, I think he was just happy to be somewhere with the men he worked with and not in hospital. They finished their dinner and headed back to the living room leaving me to clean up. Around nine they said told Zach they needed to get going because they had to work the next day. They said their good-byes and headed out, promising to do this again soon. Interestingly, no one thanked me or asked if I was okay with doing this again.

Zach said "I am worn out and going to head up to bed. Might have overdone it for my first day back out in the world."

It was obvious he was a little drunk as he walked across the room and headed up the stairs.

"Do you need anything, help with anything? "

"No, I should be good. Thanks." He replied.

I heard him stop in the bathroom and go across the hall to his room afterwards. I finished cleaning up the living room and kitchen so that when I came down in the morning it would be neat and tidy. Starting my day off with a clean house made me smile. I headed up stairs for some Netflix while laying in bed and was asleep not long after that. I wasn't sure how long I had been asleep when I heard I noise out in the hallway. I couldn't really make out what it was, so I climbed out from bed and went to take a look.

As I stepped in the hallway it was obvious the noise was coming from the bathroom and the light was one with the door open. When I stepped up to the door, I saw Zach sitting on the edge of the tub naked. His t shirt and shorts were balled up at his feet, the sink was running and there was a hand towel draped over one of his hands. His face got red when he saw me and, he immediately looked down at his feet.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked.

"Fuck, so I got up to pee... to much God Damn beer! And when I got in here, I couldn't get my shorts down because of these fucking things on my hands. Just when I thought I had gotten it done I just started pissing and it went all over my shorts, the floor, me, everywhere. I really had to piss."

At this point I noticed that the floor was pretty wet, and I could smell a light aroma of urine.

"So, I am sitting here now trying to figure out how to wash the piss of me so I can go back to bed. I was going to clean the rest of this mess up in the morning."

"Okay, let me give you hand okay? I will just pretend this a late night call at the nursing home" As soon as I said that I regretted it. "I wasn't trying to make light of your situation, just trying to make a joke but realize it was a dumb thing to say. Sorry."

I took the towel from him and ran it under the warm water, squirted a little liquid soap on it and turned towards him. I kneeled in front of him and told him to stand up. I suddenly realized I was on my knees in front of really hot, naked, man. I have no idea how many times I had fantasized about this very thing. I also noticed that his normal smooth groin and balls were now covered in hair. I assumed this was the result of two months in the hospital and an inability to shave himself.