All Comments on 'Heartaches???'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
SikemSikemover 2 years ago

Not bad. I recommend that you not make things so black and white. Everything worked unbelievably well for Rick. I think that hurt the story.

Also, why not leave him impotent? If a woman cannot or is unwilling to have sex, society does not excuse the husband to openly have a mistress. After childbirth, there is a period of time that women cannot have sex (1 week?). Is a husband free to have sex with someone else during that week? No. Society understands the difficulty and allows that as a mitigating factor, but that is it. I think you missed an opportunity to say something meaningful. Instead your story said that he was only a man again once he was no longer impotent. That sounds similar to denying womanhood to a wife who is unable to have children. Really mean thing to say. What's next? Humiliate amputees as being sub-human? I think you did not think this out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Rich Mr perfect who finds a superior replacement wife instantly etc etc etc.

It has been done to death

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

Can't comment on the story as a whole as I didn't make it past the first page. All the macho posturing and talk of guns - and no I'm not a passivist nor do I follow any belief regarding the use of weapons - we even had the pistol make and number, how fucked is that? I guess the so called 'real men' will be creaming their pants but fortunately I have better things to do with my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's so easy to skim and dislike your shitty stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The guy is worth several million dollars but didn’t think to consult a cardiologist or an exercise therapist about his erectile issues until his friend suggested it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok the story is a bit,,,,off.

The switching thing made no sense given the personality you wrote about the guy. Then later when she put off agreeing to be exclusive, thats a major point not really addressed. And the fact he had sex with his friends wife then felt bad afterwards? After being cheated on himself? I would have wrote him asking about it up front to keep his good guy creds.

His wife wasnt really punished. And his family was evil if they all agreed with his wife cheating.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Not so good.

I appreciated your take on the plot but sharing Jane made me want to puke.

Good start, somewhat slimy ending.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

BigGuy responds, I know he did to me. I haven't read this yet, so I don't know just how much it owes to his story, but if you think it owes enough to mention it, then you shouldn't have proceeded without permission. Otherwise, say nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Warmups, Remakes, followups and co. seldom works. Even when the original is provokant, disgusting and infuriating and ya wanna make it right. Don’t do it! It gets a sour taste. Leave it, it’s a closed case. Crap is everywhere and try as much as you can, you wound get a nouvelle cuisine dish out of it.

Cook your own recipes, they may appeal

Just saying

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Rick walked back into the master bedroom. He pulled out his dick and pissed all over the bed, pillows, cover, sheets -- all of it." This is where I stopped reading... an apparently gun-o-philiac author writes about an aging gun-o-philiac macho baby-boy... Wife is much better off without him, no matte what!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oops, Karnevil is a hoplophobe. Oh well.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I can't honestly see a man who has been cheated on getting into an open, or semi-open relationship where he is also having sex with a friend's wife and then rewriting the wedding vows to allow an open relationship. That seems like someone who is much more closed now and looking more for sex than love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, after the masterpiece that was "Big Decisions" it should be OK for demander to kick back a little bit. So this busman's holiday merits a 3. Wasn't too crazy about the lean to polyamory at the end, could have done without that. Also, third person is less impactful than first person. Since this story was using multiple locales, multiple points of view (all in first person) wouldn't have been that big a stretch. This wasn't bad, but wasn't that great, either. So a 3 it is.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

Please don't try to use legal situations that you do not understand. You got practically every legal item WRONG.

The wife couldn't file for abandonment. Rick was paying via his lawyer, a regular amount for expenses/bills/groceries etc. That's not abandonment.

It was claimed that Rick was financially successful. Had 8 figures of assets. You men BOTH RICK and Ilse, his wife had 8 figures! You stated many times that Rick had owned the "family" home before he got married. Tell me, WHO paid the taxes on it for the last 38 years? Who paid for maintenance/repairs etc? Any money spent on the house came from marital income, making the asset co-mingled. Then all that crap about Rick buying his now ex-wife a condo and giving her a regular allowance. Fuck off. She would have receive 50% of the assets ie half of the 8 figures.

She could buy whatever she wanted with that money.

Stop trying to show that Rick had total financial control over his EQUAL partner, his wife. She wasn't a slave or his possession. So forget all that macho rubbish.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

The dramatist personae were unclear until the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Apart from clichés loaded on top of tropes...

Some variety in names helps... Rob and Rick Brandon and Brady... jeez use some of that imagination...

And then get the names right FFS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really? OK, OK, this was just a story, a fantasy. No more comments, other to say that thy lady dog got what she deserved..Maybe not? who cares. In the end someone else's remaining life cycle turned up rosy.

If only.... ?

RougeHunterRougeHunterover 2 years ago

I looked at the comments but unlike them, I really question why the fuck a man worth 8 figures with an apparently easily treatable condition never got her health which was clearly also affected his marriage (even if the wife was okay with that) seriously.

I mean the wife is clearly in the wrong but the husband's impotence really looks only like a (very badly done and forced) plot device. I could have accepted if he had a good reason not to like a new experimental treatment or maybe an operation with high risk but apparently he just gone to a doctor, they gave him a minor operation and basic exercise (all things he could very easily afford) and now he is cured.

Not that this would in any way excuse the wife's cheating but that the hell. Why didn't do anything until now?

Sex is an important part of the relationship. Yes, the lack of it no way invalidates the marriage; tons of people have spouses that can have sex and live with it with dignity and respect permanently or otherwise. But it is still important. Even in the Muslim religious law (which is infamous for grievous gender inequality), impotence of a man is an outright divorce reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Decent story, but ot a fan of the polyamory. Things sure turned around easily for the central character, didn’t they. Somehow that didn’t seem believable.

One small thing: If I understood correctly, Jane was married for 10 years to someone she met in college; presumably they married soon after graduation. She has now been divorced for four years. How can she be in her 40s? I can’t get her to much more than 35.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a slog. The plot device has been done before, this just has some swapping tied into it.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Good story, a little stiff but he should have worked more on health sooner.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Don't really like the original and can say about the something for this one. The idea of a wealthy man letting an easily curable problem make him impotent is just ludicrous. But after leaving his cheating 52 year old wife who's banging a 20 year old with the family's blessings he gets cured and gets a hot new piece of ass of his own. After a year he triumphantly returns home and the family sings Kumbaya. It is fiction so all righty then.

kiteareskitearesover 2 years ago

8 figures and he didn't think to speak to the right Dr either about his heart or his ED? Seems his heart was easily sorted and putting that aside he could easily have afforded implants to sort out his ED, seems he just didn't care enough about his wife's needs to even talk to her about it...

BTW who the hell is Jody? You mean Josie, like from Bigguys?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

4 pages of the well worn cliches that most stories are composed of these days.

The stupid part of the whole family siding with the cheating bitch....over used, and literally ridiculously retarded no matter what story its been featured in.

Then the...again way over used " male ego" shit.

The wife that doesnt want a divorce but wont stop doing the exact thing that placed her in the divorce line to begin with. I couldnt stomach much into page 3 anymore.

Try writing something a bit more original and less by the numbers. This was an insult to any reader that isnt fascinated by belly button lint.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Re: Permission - I just re-read BG33's story before reading this, I saw that he gave blanket permission to use his story.

\

As with BigGuy's story, I'd ask the son and son-in-law if they'd approve of their wives taking a lover if THEY couldn't get it done.

\

He's got medical records and is on meds, so he's seeing doctors, and none of them have detected his problems or sent him to a cardiologist?

\

Ilsa became Jody, then back to Ilsa?

\

Even without the family involvement, how can she expect to fix things without getting rid of Brady?

\

Joan represented both Joann and Rick? Was Joann a typo from Joan that should have been Ilsa?

\

Of course the hot trainer is hot-to-trot for him, LOL!

\

"She had little leeway financially, and the family was beginning to turn on her." - Why, because she doesn't have money to spend on them? It's their own fault for siding with her.

\

"She wondered if he had regained his ability to fuck." - Some women complain that men only see them as sex objects. I assume that if she finds out that he can fuck that she'd dump Brady.

\

"The abandoned spouse had to be faultless?" - Is that true? Isn't that covered by no-fault? I think it varies by state. I guess we have to accept the author's reality.

\

Roxy and Bill didn't bring their baby to a family cook-out?

\

"She wished that Rick would have been reasonable." - He was MORE than reasonable! He could/should have tossed her out the first night.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

IIsa was a conniving, selfish, manipulative bitch. In the end she was never sorry for what she did or caused. She truly got what she deserved, burned FOREVER!!!

A good story, well written and put together, straight into favourites and well worth 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not exactly my cup of tea. One dimensional characters, no emotion, wooden dialogue. And, surely, a wealthy man who finds himself with erectal disfunction would race to the nearest specialist.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

A pretty decent story other than the ending. It felt like it wrapped up too quickly and also no remorse from the cheating ex wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A man with 8 figures ,Divorce is50/50. So she settles for a pittance.bulshit. This story has to many holes .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Entitled rich white guys...ho hum. Who cares?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bunch of cheaters or a the very least, people that can't make commitments and hold to them.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

All's well that ends well!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It all boils

down to "RESPECT" for the mate to whom you have pledged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You CLAIM to have asked permission, you CLAIM you reworked and reworked it so it was just the basic same plot as Bigguy33. I felt I was reading the same damn story. Plagiarism much?

I really don't think its right to post stories when permission has NOT been granted by the original author.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

Cheating is one thing. But did she have to do it in her marital bed? That's just lazy and disrespectful. I mean, if Brady can't get a room somewhere, why is she letting him sh!t all over her marriage? I understand needing some dick. But can't you be A LITTLE more circumspect about it?!

And I agree, the impotence seemed contrived in that he didn't try very hard to solve it...until his marriage broke down.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Both of them

They both were cheating and he no longer had the higher road of ethics or morals. Didn't care much for this version. Cheating is Cheating.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Every bad writer makes an epilogue when they lose energy to write any further. "She got an STD. She had to take antibiotics. She cut Brady loose." Quite a storytelling, is it?

Anyway, you took a preposterous story plot from another writer - wife blatantly tells husband she is taking lover regularly in their house, in their bed, and then gets support for that action from the whole family against a husband that has heart problems? Really? You do not see how preposterous that is?

Then you proceeded to make it even more preposterous - miraculous health recovery with "procedures". And with a groupsex? The guy turns into "Adonis" on a rebound with younger and more beautiful woman that was ready there for him immediately?

I mean, all of this is foolish fantasy and it is not an improvement over original story which was not good but had at least a modicum of rationale.

I don't know, maybe 2 stars max.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't understand why so many stories end with the husband still supporting the ex-wife. If her obligations to him end why do his obligations to her still persist? Fucking nonsense

demanderdemanderover 2 years agoAuthor

The heart operations are not fiction, although the conditions they address do not necessarily cause ED. Sure could contribute, though. The ED probably had multiple causes, and so needed multiple therapies, eh? D

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

A shame the story was ruined by Rick becoming a swinger. I feel like it pretty much invalidates the first part of the story and how his character was portrayed there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To the author, demander, your premise and defense of the medical procedures are spot on. All those crying bullshit can go piss up a rope. The Covid-19 vaccine actually messed up my heart and caused atrial flutter. I was constantly tired, dizzy if I tried to move too fast and could not maintain a good erection. Think of it like having a washing machine out of balance in your chest and a heart rate of constantly around 150 BPM. The procedure you are referring to is called RF ablation and burns out sections of nerve clusters that are misfiring in the atrial chambers to restore your heartbeat back to a normal average 60 BPM. And yes, it did take therapy and exercise to get my equipment back into good working order. These things come on and you attribute it to many items like being over 50 and it will just pass even though the problem only gets worse over time. Unlike this story though, my wife recognized what was going on, got me into treatments and was my physical rehabilitation instructor. This story was a little too close to home if you know what I mean on the medical basis and where things could have gone had different choices been make. 5 stars for sure.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 2 years ago

Well done...

...in taking the basic premise and giving it a fresh twist. I love seeing my stories reworked and this was a nice turn. Of course, with all that info on the heart and ED, I may have to reconsider some of my plot devices. 🤔

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

BG33's proposal was based on the wife's betrayal of her husband who had been physically compromised by a health problem that disabled him for several things, including sex.

Interesting to see that the age of the husband, was already an age where problems with Erectile Dysfunction, usually arrive.

The selfish and traitorous wife, once confronted by her husband, seeks help from the family, which, under pressure from one of the daughters, ends up supporting the mother's "justifiable" attitudes.

Once, "loser" the husband opts for his "independence". Leaving everyone behind and living a good life, with a woman who appreciated him, whether he could get an erection or not.

In this version, the new author walks through various aspects of the patient's physical/physiological problem, where he proposes treatment alternatives which produce a spectacular recovery for the previously impotent husband.

The exercise approach, combined with the sex games proposed by the "therapists", allows Rick to enjoy his masculinity and share sex and pleasure, perhaps even more than before.

I agree that the swing tendency, which was marked, in his relationship with Jane, contradicts his earlier point of view, but it couldn't be related to the acceptance that his "ex"-wife, could have a young man, fucking her brains out. .

The ending where Rick supports his ex-wife, traitor, selfish and vile, doesn't surprise me. There is no legislation that prevents you from doing it or that compels you to do it. Somehow some support had to be given, and to get her out of her home was a small price to pay.

Another author, put the asshole in jail, and allowed the family to reconcile, including the traitor ex-wife, after a few years of penance. Demander had no such pity on the treacherous bitch. She effectively planted what she reaped, including STDs, loneliness and estrangement from her family members.

I offered 4 stars. It went beyond the effort of writing. It was an interesting trip to the parallel universe of a story that was already good.

But that's just my opinion.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

I liked it, gave it 4/5. But l do not swinger tales and this is a swinger tale of open marriages.

Stats prove conclusively that the marriages of swingers end up in divorce in 90% of surveyed cases. They fail because of stability issues, lack of respect and good old jealousy.

A no brainer really.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Good story despite the swapping. Should have put a disclaimer.

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456over 2 years ago
She wanted him to be reasonable?

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first she practiced to be a stupid bitch.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

I like the different spin. The big thing, is that Rick didn’t quietly “live with it”. His leaving allowed him to retain some self respect. The rest is just Rick moving on to a better existence.

The only thing I’d change, would be the divorce: Rick should have filed sooner, maybe had Ilsa served New Year’s Eve, or Valentine’s Day.

Roxy deserves Rick’s house, her husband not so much. It would have been interesting to know how Rick planned his will - maybe the house deeded to Roxy, and everything else split between Jane and his grandkids?

DazzyDDazzyDover 2 years ago

I got a. Rick. As to me goes by...a kiss is still a kiss!

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
How

How come he never investigated having surgery or fitness training before his wife took a lover?.Also if he was as rich as was said when he loved in with Rob and Marty,Ilsa would get a lot more than a lump sum and a monthly allowance,ie half his wealth.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 2 years ago

Good story I enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She tosses out a filet mignon for a diseased ridden bone

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Can you all picture the character "NELSON" from the Simpsons in your head?? HA HA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One big problem I had was his failure to see doctor when problem first started. Especially as such simple fix.?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

outstanding ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@ anon a couple of comments down...

He had been seeing a doctor. He was on meds and was even told not to use Viagra. It just sounds like the doctor was not very good.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Great story . Love it. AAAAAA++++++

LanmandragonLanmandragonalmost 2 years ago

What a horrible hero, selfish, stubborn, unable to see the needs of others, unforgiving. Ugh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Some good comments below but there are still the idiots who make bad comments such as the guy below my comments. Lanmandragon, what did YOU expect Rick to after he found out that his wife was cheating on him? Rick isn’t a cuckold like YOU! I would have done the. Same as Rick did. Rick could have immediately divorced Ilsa but he had pity on her. He allowed her to continue living in the house and gave her money to live on but not party on! I think Rick was a great guy. I wonder how you would feel about the story if it was Ilsa who was sick and couldn’t have sex and Rick was having an affair with a younger woman and throwing it in Ilsa face!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Most of them all ended up doing things they should not have been doing. Thus they are all hypocrites.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Second time great job on the main characters. The secondary ones not so much. I was hard for me to get close to them as they sort of blended together. All in all a good effort

argeelogargeelogalmost 2 years ago

I like this version much better. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At times to much info took it away from the story line. When he left his home I expected him to divorce his wife immediately, how long has this been going on, how many others has she been with. Change his will so no or few family members get any money when he dies. Has a PI check on his wife. The ending wrapped up fat too quickly.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

This was good but the sharing of Jane took a lot away from it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it.

I think Ilsa got off (no pun intended) better than she should. I’m glad Rick came out better for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ilsa was a heartless bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a dumb story no matter who writes it.

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

I liked the story. What I never understood was the MC could get help after he left his wife, why not try it before?

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Why couldn't Rick have the surgery and exercises before all that happen?

Couldn't Lisa borrow money from thé family or bank to file a divorce sooner?

I don't like this miracle recovery.

2 stars at most.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Sometimes when u are in ur daily routine that u can't come out of it. The wife cheating was his wake up and come to Jesus moment and glad he got better and moved on. This kind of revenge is so sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Better than the original in that Rick got his health back. Much worse because he became a swinger. In both versions, there’s lots of people that need to feel more pain!

ZK

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Wow. I was afraid the author is going to wimp out as usual and do a humiliating RAAC or at least, soften up and give the bitch the house.

Good on them for not ruining the good story in the epilogue! 5 stars!

Unlike some anon comments, don't see any problem with "mini swinger" outcome. He wasn't forced or pressured into that, his opinion and honor were respected, he chose it freely and was OK with it.

Mind you, the only swinging shown was with people who genuinely cared about Rick and his well being, **demonstrably** so, well before any swinging took place. So, it was even less risky/problematic than "normal" swinging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fair. Started fast. Finished with a bit of a fizzle.

A bit strange Rob, a construction man, made a couple of calls that put Rick on the path to medical recovery. Rick had resources. So why is it Rob had to round up the medical expertise require for apparently main stream procedures?

Three Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

M2711 And inka2222 said it for me 2 stars

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Thanks for your writing.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 1 year ago

Even though it’s almost a direct steal of Bigguy33’s “Independence Day, I still liked it enough to give it five stars.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 1 year ago

In addition to my previous comment; I thought this one is better, and I enjoyed it more.

LucasredLucasredover 1 year ago

Good story but t could have been better without all the threesomes and partner swaps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The differences to the original are so minuscule that you are in breach of the plagiarism rules on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lots of good questions, my beef about this interesting stoiry is how come i had to learn all the various names of kids ,spouses and grandkids on pages 2 and after? Was v confusinfg trying to gigure out who was who and if any names replaces others from earlier in the story.rk

NitpicNitpic10 months ago
How

How come Rick couldn't get treated where he lived?.Jane isn't much of a catch,as she dropped her knickers for a married man and didn't she have any customers.?

LanmandragonLanmandragon10 months ago

The MC is a selfish egoist, a really unpleasant character. Didn’t like the story at all.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A dislikeable story simply for its ending. Rick and Jane get together, no problem, their choice. Rick and Jane get married, but with no promise of fidelity? Then why marry? Just for the social status and to make some legal paperwork and procedures easier? No, as an ending them getting married was simply an attempt to validate the idea of open marriage. Just nasty.

SeaChangerSeaChanger4 months ago

Everybody fucking everybody again. Animals.

nogravynogravy3 months ago

The premise of the story had promise, but the presentation of the drama was very rote, or shall we say matter of fact. The dialogue was stilted, the narration matter-of-fact, and there was no defined dramatic progression to the story. All-in-all it was an average work, but I give it 4 stars for the obvious effort that went into its crafting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous