All Comments on 'Heather's Exquisite Map of Tassie'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Lovely romance

I should be scribbling my NaNo story but I read a few paras and was sucked in. Beautifully well-drawn characters, lots of entertaining conversation and character development, funny and sexy too, with some added drama. 5* all the way.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 5 years ago

Beautiful story. Thank you.

AZTT1AZTT1over 5 years ago

Lovely story.Great characters and setting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely story. Brought back memories.

Nice romance. I also loved the double entendres, and other local references, not all of which were explained for non Aussies. Also loved the descriptions of Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair. It's over fifty years since I did that walk, bit your story brought it all back. Loved the description of the easy comrade amongst the hikers, wherever they were from. It really is like that is such places. In my case I didn't meet a life-long love - but there was a bit of a holiday fling!

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 5 years ago
Very engaging story

And excellent character development. The imagery created by your writing was fantastic. I know it was a great story because when it ended I was already starting to miss the characters.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments. Anonymous, I’m glad the story helped bring back memories of the Overland Track. I tried to do it justice, but words are nothing compared to the amazing landscapes down there. I recommend readers look these locations up. Technofrog, I miss the characters too, and have tentatively considered continuing their tale someday. But no promises...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tasmania

Lived in Tassie for 44 years with my Tasmanian born wife till we moved to Western Australia last year to be near our kids and grandkids. Good description of places I know well but haven’t heard anyone except old West Coasters use the word cobber for at least 35 years. Good story though.

zJWyLa

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Brilliant

I’ve barely visited Australia— just a few port calls with the (US) Navy— but you came close to making me want to emigrate. Your descriptions of Tasmania and Tasmanians make it incredibly real and inviting.

More to the point, the quality of writing is excellent. Something I don’t normally say about Literotica writers: by the end, I actually found myself speed-reading past the sex scenes, just to be able to get on with the story!

Good on ya!

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous on 1/22/2019 (or as we say in Australia, 22/1/2019 lol), thanks for your comments. I hope you read some of the other stories in the Sunburned Country event too, to get an even better appreciation of the country!

Oh, and on the word ‘cobber’: having spent almost a quarter of my life visiting Tasmania, particularly Hobart, on a regular basis, I can confirm it is still a word in use, mostly by older men, but I have heard it used by the younger generations too. Maybe I notice the word cobber more, because I’m a mainlander, and I don’t feel natural using the word cobber when I’ve used ‘mate’ all my life! But cobber’s definitely still in use :-)

sber56sber56about 5 years ago
Great Story!

Great Story keep writing!

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 4 years ago
I'll give it five!

Loved it, favourite story.

So, if you don't mind me asking, where is that Kathy now? Still footloose I hope, cos I want to meet her! BTW, Irish for fucken is fickin.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 3 years agoAuthor

A quick note for readers, I published a companion piece to this story titled ‘A pair of Lost Socks.’ Enjoy :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’ve never been to Oz, and I live half a world away, but your imagery put me right there. The relationship between mainland and Tasmania reminds me of Michigan’s wild Upper Peninsula. It would seem that a visit down your way needs to get onto my to-do list.

dbsidedbsideover 2 years ago

What will Ryan think? Kathy was right😍🤗😍

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

beautiful quick lover story 5 star

ActingupActingupover 2 years ago

Lovely work. I got together with my wife after we did the Overland Track together with friends. This brought back many memories….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Are yougoing to write a Sequel

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 2 years agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous (and anyone) asking about a sequel to this story, please see my story ‘A Pair of Lost Socks’ :-)

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzabout 2 years ago

OMG! A sequel. I'm so excited. OBTW, have done a bit of travel myself and absolutely enjoyed the lush descriptions of the scenery in a land I'm not likely to have the opportunity to visit. Also loved the interjection of the local Colloquialisms without making the reading difficult.

Thank you so much for the gift.

voyeurdunuitvoyeurdunuitover 1 year ago

Really terrific story. Excellent writing, fun characters, great dialog, hot sex, what more could a reader ask for?

Thanks both for our time with these two, and for a great tour through Tasmania. I hope there's a sequel.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Thats the mountain we have to climb together to feel the sunshine and the love ….. but long distance is a bitch and so many souls have been broken given this a go ….. so hopefully those offered love from Heather to tim and the other way around, will find a lovely solution ….. anyway, we will leave this to themselves and thank you for sharing this cute romance with us readers

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🐍

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A crap end to a good story. You should have toned down the fucking and ended it better

RightSizedRightSized6 months ago

Very fond of the stories written by Australians, especially the dialogue. This surpasses all I've read before, so rich with native colloquialisms, vulgar and tender. I love the simplicity of the story and the complexity of the characters. The exposition, especially the description of the terrain and wildlife is so evocative and cinematic. I thought the ending was fine but I'm excited to start reading "A Pair of Lost Socks." Beautiful work. Keep writing.

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

This was wonderful. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
497 Followers
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...