Heatstroked

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PuckIt
PuckIt
105 Followers

--Summer 2017--

"Grumps! Grumps! Come swim with me!"

I quickly shut down the screen after saving and turned around in time to catch a tiny redheaded ball of energy.

"Hey, now hothead. Where's the fire?" I asked. "Other than the obvious, I mean."

As I ruffled her hair, Danielle wrinkled her nose and giggled at me.

"Sorry about that, Daddy." My daughter followed at a more sedate pace. "I only turned my back for a moment."

"Not a problem. You know I'm always happy to see you and firecracker here."

"We know," Leslie smiled at me. "But, she's been pestering Mama and me for an hour or more to come get you to swim. What are you working on in here anyway?"

"Um," I glanced at the computer screen and tried to think. Telling my daughter I was writing a somewhat dirty memoir to post at Literotica.com for a contest about how her mother and I ended up together didn't seem like the best idea. "Just a story."

"Oh," Leslie said. "The same one you've been working on since your anniversary this year?"

"Er, yeah, actually," I blinked. "How did you know that?"

Leslie let rip a snort that would have done Willard proud.

"Please, Grumps? We go swim now?"

"Sure, hotshot. I'll be right behind you."

"Yay!" Danielle went back out the door at a sprint.

I gathered up my cane and levered myself up out of my chair.

"You okay, Daddy? Your left eye is kind of droopy. And the left side of your mouth."

"I'm fine. Might have overdone it just a little. But, I wanted to get it done."

"Well, you'd better hurry. Time is ticking away on the contest."

"What the hell makes you..." I trailed off and sighed. "Your mother told you, eh?"

"Of course," Leslie shrugged. "And Grandma, Emma, Auntie Jan, and Aunt Jane when they came out to visit a couple of weeks ago. So, is it done yet?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just finished."

"Need some help with the editing?"

"No, I do not need any help with the editing," I snapped. "I do not need you to read this story."

"Well, that's too bad, isn't it?" Leslie grinned at me. "We're all looking forward to reading it."

"You're all... Now, see here. I am not going to be handing out copies to any of you. Not even your mother if she can't keep it to herself."

We'd made it to the pro shop as I ranted and Becki greeted me with a squeeze and a peck on the cheek. She'd thickened up some over the years and the resemblance to Eunice was uncanny.

"We're going to read it, dear. We're all going to. So, you may as well get over yourself. We've all been watching Literotica.com like a bunch of hawks."

"We have, Daddy. And, I'll be honest. I hope you don't have your heart set on winning or anything because some of those entries are really juicy."

"Gah!" I waved my hand beside my head. "I never, ever want to hear you say anything like that ever again."

"What? Juicy? But, they are, Daddy. And you know why I say that? Because they make me-"

"Gah! Augh!" I limped on out the poolside door trailing the laughter of my wife and daughter behind me.

Only my granddaughter and Lily's son, a high school aged scrawny kid with thick glasses who pretended to be a lifeguard for us, were in the pool enclosure. No wonder Danielle had come looking for me. Michael was a good kid, but he was way too serious for his own good. No way, no how was he ever going to give up his vigil to come down in the water and play.

I limped on down right under the raised platform he was sitting on, not dangling his feet over but in a chair he'd somehow gotten up there. I wondered idly who'd helped the skinny little runt get it up there. Once there, I let my cane fall and dove in without peeling my shirt off. It didn't seem like such a good idea anymore after having twenty-seven moles removed from my back.

I splashed and played with my granddaughter until well after we were closed for the day. Michael left when Becki and Leslie came out to help me wear out the little carrot top for once. I don't think it worked. I'm pretty sure the score was six year old redhead three, exhausted adults zero when Leslie drug her out of the pool, dried her off, wrapped her in the towel so she couldn't escape, and carried her out to the car.

"Well, Grumps? How goes the porn?" Becki asked.

"It's not porn," I said loftily. "It's erotica. Thank you, very much."

"Right," Becki snorted. "So, I didn't have any good sex scenes?"

"Eh, a couple," I admitted. "Enough anyway I wish you hadn't told everybody what I was writing or that I was entering it at Literotica."

"Everybody is over eighteen," Becki said. "And several of them already knew about Literotica anyway. I didn't tell them your ridiculous screen name though."

"Maybe we should," I said. "There's some stories published in there... Well, let's just say I don't want anybody to get any ideas. Or any more ideas than they already have on their own. What am I saying? Maybe I shouldn't submit it all since you told them where to find it!"

"Is it done?" Becki asked.

"Well, yeah. Pretty much, anyway."

"Well, John. How about we celebrate, then?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well, it's been a while since we've been skinny dipping," Becki said, swimming a little closer to where I stood. "And after that, I thought maybe we might sleep up there tonight. You can put your imagination to work filling in the rest instead of writing about it."

*****

Summers weren't always something for me to write about, but once I started thinking, there were several that were. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, but I confess nothing is a patch on living it.

If you've made it this far, slap us a star. If it wasn't your cup of tea, there's more writers than me. If you love summer and some hot summer lovin', don't be shy to give them all a read.

Literotica.com Summer Lovin' 2017

PuckIt
PuckIt
105 Followers