Heavy Liftin' Ch. 02

Story Info
Melissa, now and then.
10.6k words
4.68
44.6k
15

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/28/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(The response to the first chapter of this story has been overwhelming. I can’t thank you all enough for your feedback, votes and support. I can only hope that this ongoing story fulfills everyone’s desires. Keep that feedback coming, I’ve gotten a lot of really deep, personal thoughts and a few people surprised me by telling me how much this means to them. I’m thrilled that this means so much to you guys, it means a lot to me, but you are the reason people write in the first place, it’s all about the readers. Enjoy- The Cowboy)

NOW: Melissa

Melissa slid out of the hammock rather awkwardly while trying to keep her hold on the sleeping puppy. Jason laughed as he fell out of the hammock, catching himself before hitting the ground too hard. When she saw him face down on the grass Melissa laughed as well.

She smiled as Jason stood up and brushed himself off. He fixed her with one of his easy smiles, his blue eyes locked on her hazel eyes. Though she could never explain it, Melissa always felt something powerful in the looks they shared. It was almost as if the two of them could speak without uttering a word.

For Melissa she could never remember feeling this with another man before being with Jason. She could recall that there had always been something powerful with his looks, even before they had started seeing each other. Melissa had tried to explain it to her mother before, but found the words she used unable to convey her meaning. Her mother had smiled though and told her that love opened up all kinds of pathways for energy. Her mother had always been spiritual.

Jason walked around the hammock and smiled down at her as he gently pulled her against him. He leaned down and Melissa closed her eyes as their lips met in a tender kiss. In the three years they had been together she had never been able to resist him. He had a unique way of making her forget the world around her. His touch could be whatever he wanted it to be and it never ceased to drive Melissa wild.

“Come on,” he said. “How about we go get some food?”

Melissa nodded. “Okay.”

They walked across the lawn, past Jason’s pickup where they had shared their first kiss what seemed like a lifetime ago. As they crossed the driveway and the open garage doors Melissa looked inside. She could see Jason’s younger brother Frank and his friends sitting there watching them.

Melissa had always liked Frank, but knew that he had a jealous eye when it came to her. She never let it affect her feelings about the kid. He was a nice guy who was good looking, smart and would be making a lot of money one day. His only shortcoming was that he was too envious of what his older brother had. In the three years Melissa had been with Jason she hadn’t spent a lot of time with Frank and kind of regretted it. Maybe if they spent any kind of time talking he would get over his jealousy and move on.

Melissa was also aware that most of the conversation that day had been about her and Jason and the whirlwind of drama that had been born of their relationship. She didn’t mind these people talking about her in fact they could talk all they wanted. That drama was a pleasant irritation compared to the things that she and Jason had endured.

As they entered the backyard Melissa noticed several people turn to look at her and she lowered her eyes. Jason’s hand reached out and took hers and she smiled up at him, relaxing visibly. He reached out with his other hand and took the puppy that was now wide awake and held it with one hand under its stomach. The puppy looked up at Jason, wagging its tail furiously, causing Melissa to smile.

They walked over to the table where all the food was laid out. Jason set the puppy on the ground and stood, picking up a couple of plates, handing one to Melissa. Neither of them really spoke as they filled their plates, but both of them feeling the looks of the people around them. Melissa looked down to find their puppy and amazingly saw it was still standing at Jason’s feet looking around curiously but not moving.

When they were done filling their plates they walked back towards the front lawn and the garage. The puppy darted in front of them looking back to make sure they were coming. Melissa smiled down at the little dog as it wagged its tail happily.

She followed Jason into the garage where he sat down at the table with Frank and a few of his friends. Jason slid a chair out for Melissa and she sat down next to him, smiling at Frank and his friends and saying hello. They all returned a mumbled greeting of some form or another. Melissa wondered how she was going to be able to eat with all these people staring at her.

Jason looked over at her and seemed to sense her discomfort. She watched with no small amount of amusement as he looked up and fixed every guy in the room with a withering look until they looked away, forcing themselves to act normal. Jason looked back at her and gave her an easy smile before he began to eat.

“So, Frank,” Melissa said. “How happy are you to finally be done with school?”

Frank smiled as he lit a cigarette. “Thrilled to death. Now I can finally make some money and afford some of the toys that Jason has.”

Jason looked up. “Afford your own toys, little brother.”

From the other table one of the guys gave a comic cough. Jason turned and looked at the kid, smiling.

“Shut up, Joe,” Jason ordered.

Joe laughed. “I’m just kidding, Jason,” he said. He stood up and walked over to their table, sitting down across from them along with a girl that Melissa guessed was his girlfriend.

“So how are you two lovebirds doing?” Joe asked.

Melissa had seen Joe a couple of times before at Cooper family functions. He seemed to be treated like another brother by Jason and Frank and another son by their parents. She was sure that this was just Joe’s way of playfully irritating Jason, who seemed to be like a big brother to Joe. Melissa was sure that Jason, who was smiling at Joe, would not have endured these comments from any other guy in the room.

“I think we’re doing just fine, don’t you Melissa?” he asked.

She smiled at him and Joe. “Absolutely, honey,” she replied.

Jason smiled.

“Ooh, honey,” Joe mimicked. “Are you going to take that, Jason?”

Melissa looked up at Joe and noticed Frank smiling.

“Why wouldn’t he?” she asked.

“Jason never liked a girl to call him honey,” Joe replied.

“But she did,” Jason replied then glanced over at her. “And I like that,” he said with a smile.

Melissa smiled. “Yeah, Joe, we’re doing just fine.”

“Good,” he said. “Melissa, this is my girlfriend, Andrea. And we were all just taking a trip down memory lane with Frank about you two.”

“Oh?” Jason asked, looking over at Joe, Frank and Andrea.

“Yeah,” Andrea responded. “I hope you don’t mind, Jason. I was just curious, that’s all.”

“No, why would I mind?” Jason asked.

His comment was benign, but Melissa noticed the easy going tone of his voice had vanished. He sat there for a few moments, not saying anything. She could see the back of his neck growing red, though, which meant he was getting upset.

“Excuse me,” he said, standing up. “I have to go talk to my father. Melissa, I’ll be right back,” he said.

He trailed his hand across her back as he walked out of the garage, his signal to her that it wasn’t her fault. Melissa watched him go, wondering if their love could replace what he had given up to be with her. She hoped it would, he meant everything to her.

“Little touchy on that subject,” Frank muttered.

Melissa turned and faced him.

“He gave up a lot so we could be together,” she commented.

Frank gave her a nasty look.

“By the looks of you I’d say that he didn’t give up much.”

Melissa went to say something she probably would have regretted, but Andrea stopped her.

“He’s had a few drinks, Melissa,” Andrea said.

Melissa lowered her eyes, drawing a deep, calming breath.

“Why don’t you tell us about it?” Joe asked.

“How far did you get?” she asked.

Andrea smiled. “Your first night together.”

Melissa smiled as well. “Well, our first night together was definitely something I’ll never forget,” she said. “For awhile we were a pretty normal couple. For me it was different than anything I’d ever experienced before. Jason was – is the greatest man I’ve ever been involved with.

“He opened my eyes to the real world. I fell absolutely head over heels in love with him and never looked back. But, the powers to be just didn’t seem to like the match. When I said Jason gave up a lot, I meant it. He had to give up a chance at his life long dream in order to be with me. But how it happened is definitely a story worth telling. . .”

THEN: Melissa

When she opened her eyes the sun was streaming through the window of her apartment. She stirred slowly, stretching her body in a catlike manner. At that moment she realized he wasn’t in the bed with her anymore. Panicking, she leaped from under the covers and went to run out of the room. When she realized she was naked, she slid to a stop.

Opening her drawers, she quickly found a pair of mesh running pants and an old T-shirt. Quickly tugging those garments on, she rushed out of her room and into the bathroom. She pulled back the curtain for the window that offered a view of the parking lot where Jason’s truck should have been parked. She didn’t see it there.

A wave of sadness swept across her body, causing her eyes to well up with tears and her stomach to drop. Her knees went weak and she quickly sat down on the edge of the bathtub. Jason was gone. It had only been a one night stand for him. Melissa grew angry, not with him for lying to her, but at herself for swallowing his lies, hook line and sinker. She would never be able to trust another man again. Suddenly, she heard something that made her heart stop beating and her breath to catch in her throat.


“ Ow! Son of a bitch!”

Melissa stood up and crept into the hallway. She walked into the den and looked around the corner of the wall. Past the counter in between the kitchen and the den she saw Jason standing at the stove. He was wearing his clothes from the night before and was busy making breakfast. He was also sucking on his one finger as if he had burned it.

Smiling, Melissa crept back down the hallway into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and used mouthwash, then washed her face and arms, quickly rubbing lotion on her skin. After making sure her hair wasn’t a complete disaster, she walked back out into the den and watched Jason.

He was busy making omelets and the smell made Melissa’s mouth water. After the night before she could definitely use some protein. As she watched Jason she also realized she could use something else. At that moment he kind of straightened up.

“ You know,” he said. “ I can actually hear you thinking.”

Melissa covered her mouth as she laughed. He turned to face her and smiled as he leaned back against the counter.

“ Breakfast?” she asked.

He nodded. “ Yeah, I’m actually one hell of a good cook. You just so happen to be the first girl to find that out.”

“ I’m honored.”

“ Yeah, you ought to be. Your refrigerator was pretty pathetically stocked. I had to go out and get you food that didn’t have microwave instructions on it.”

Melissa laughed and quickly crossed the kitchen floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. They kissed passionately; tasting each other’s mouths like it had been years since they had last kissed. A moan escaped Melissa’s mouth as she felt his hands slid down her back to squeeze her tight ass.

“ Good morning,” she whispered as she leaned back, her smiling eyes gazing deeply into his.

He gave a comic groan. “ I could definitely get used to a greeting like that every morning.”

“ You could?”

He smiled. “ Of course! You know, you’re probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Especially when you’re sound asleep. I’d probably still be in bed watching you, but my stomach was growling so bad I was afraid you’d have nightmares.”

Melissa laughed and kissed him again. She’d been so distraught when she thought he was gone. But he wasn’t. In fact, every time the two of them fell asleep together he had been there in the morning in some form or another.

There had been many times when she would wake up and he’d be gone, but only because he had to go to work. Despite the normality of this situation he had yet to leave without leaving her a note or a flower or some kind of token to assure her he would return. For Melissa waking up and smiling had become an every day occurrence, one she never grew tired of.

The two of them spent that entire weekend together. Melissa’s car had been towed to the garage of the guy that owed Jason a favor and they stopped by on Saturday to see how the guy was making out. Though he wasn’t thrilled about the job he obviously wasn’t going to say no. So whatever Jason had gotten this guy out of was big enough to warrant a job like this.

After that they stopped at Jason’s home, where he still lived with his parents. Jason didn’t want to introduce Melissa to his parents just yet, so she waited in his truck while he went inside for a few minutes. When he returned he was being followed by a rather large black and tan German shepherd.

Jason opened the driver’s door and the door to the extended cab and made the dog jump onto the back seat. After Jason had climbed back into the truck he introduced Melissa to his dog, Cordell. Melissa smiled as the big dog sniffed her hair and then treated her with an air of regal disdain. Jason merely explained that Cordell was always jealous of anyone he brought home.

They drove through the town Jason lived in and pulled into a large, gorgeous town park. Jason parked the truck in a parking lot way in the back and both of them climbed out. Cordell immediately began running around the lush fields trying to make friends with all the other dogs there.

For the rest of the day Melissa and Jason walked around the park, talking, kissing and really just getting to know each other. For Melissa it was the greatest thing they could have done. Their first time out had lead to their first night together and that could have been catastrophic. Most people never survived a relationship that began like that.

Melissa was content to hear all about Jason’s life from the time he was a boy all the way through college. She was surprised to hear that he had been a cheerleader and asked if he had any pictures. He had laughed and said that his mother had all the pictures Melissa would ever want to see.

He went more into depth about his accident the previous fall. Melissa pressed him for more details but he was reluctant. Jason did mention that he spent quite a few months in recovery and then in physical therapy trying to build himself back up to where he had been. Then he went into a little more detail about what it had been like when the doctors told him he would be unable to make it through a police academy. In fact he told her that there wasn’t a day that went by that he wasn’t in pain from what had happened to his back.

When Melissa asked him why he kept working construction, he had just smiled. She asked him again.

“But you obviously have to like move heavy things, doesn’t it hurt sometimes?”

He nodded. “Sure.”

“So why do it?”

Jason shrugged. “I like the work, it pays well.”

“But you could get a much better paying job working for some company.”

“Yeah and they’d stick me behind a desk.”

“So?”

Jason shook his head. “I like being outside. I like moving the earth. I hate working inside and at a desk. I spent seventeen years in school sitting at a desk; I don’t want to spend another twenty-five. Being outside and doing that work I can accomplish something, see something grow and actually build it. I don’t care how much money I make, if I don’t like the work then it isn’t worth it.”

“But what about the pain?” Melissa asked.

Jason shrugged. “Melissa, I’ve never minded doin’ a little heavy liftin’.”

Melissa smiled and kissed him, gently sliding her tongue into his mouth to meet and caress his. Just as he was pulling her into his arms the air was pierced by a deafening siren. Melissa jumped and turned with Jason to see a police car pulling up to the edge of the parking lot where they were standing.

The driver’s door opened and a police officer stepped out. Melissa swallowed hard as the guy approached them. He was easily four inches taller than Jason and built like a brick shithouse. Melissa was afraid that this had something to do with her. She had always known that it would catch up with her one day, but she didn’t want Jason to be involved.

The cop smiled. “Jason,” he said. “I knew that was your truck up there.”

“Hey, Sgt. Brown,” Jason replied. “How you been?”

“Eh,” he replied. “Who’s your friend?”

Jason smiled. “Sgt. Brown, this is Melissa Gambino. Melissa this is Sgt. Brown.”

Brown held out his large hand and Melissa shook it.

“Nice to meet you, sir,” Melissa said.

“Aw, call me Bill. I keep telling Jason here to call me that, but he doesn’t seem to know how to use first names.”

Jason smiled. “Melissa, Sgt. Brown would have been my Drill Instructor if I had gone to the Police Academy.”

“Oh?”

Bill Brown nodded. “Yes, ma’am. Fortunately, Jason will never have to endure my wrath.”

“Yeah,” Jason said, lowering his eyes.

Melissa watched Bill wince. “Unfortunately for the law enforcement community we lost a great officer before his time. You would’ve been a hell of a cop, Jason.”

Jason gave a half-hearted smile. “Thank you, sir.”

Bill gave Jason a nod just as his radio crackled to life. Melissa didn’t understand what was said but Bill immediately walked back to his car.

“Say hi to your folks for me,” Bill said as he climbed into his patrol car.

“Will do. Tell the guys the same for me,” Jason said.

Bill waved. “No problem, they’ll all say hi back and want to know when you’re coming out to play with the big boys.”

Jason waved as Bill drove off. He looked down at Melissa and she could see the pain in his eyes. Immediately she pulled him down to finish the kiss they had started.

Later that day a series of thunderstorms drenched the region canceling most outdoor activities indefinitely. But for Jason and Melissa the storm couldn’t have come at a better time. They spent the rest of the day on the couch in her apartment watching movies and in each other’s arms. That night was also spent in her bed, though the ferocity of the night before was absent. Their second night was slower, more intimate but no less powerful.

As promised, Melissa’s car was finished Sunday afternoon and Jason took her to pick it up. The car ran like new, but this elation was overshadowed by what came next: reality. It hit them both like a slap in the face.

Jason lived at home with his parents, which was a temporary arrangement. Melissa had her own apartment, but her dad paid for it, which meant he was the be all and end all of the decisions. If Jason moved in with her without her father’s permission he could very well stop paying for the place. Melissa made enough money to afford it, but if she had to pay for it on her own it would probably be too expensive.

Besides that little hurdle they both knew that the passion they both felt now could easily wear off. Neither of them wanted it to happen but it was an unspoken understanding between the two that living together right away could be anti-climatic. So it was that they found themselves sharing an awkward silence in the parking lot of the garage where they had picked up her car.

“So,” Jason said.

Melissa looked down for a moment. “So, what do we do now?”

Jason shrugged. “I don’t know. I want to be with you, but . . .”

“I know,” Melissa said.

Very slowly, Jason reached out and took her hand. Melissa smiled up at him as he stepped in front of her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her body against his and she rubbed against him, feeling his desire.