All Comments on 'Hela... is Ch. 02 - Pain'

by Emirus

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
EmirusEmirus7 months agoAuthor

THE END OF CH.02 SHOULD READ THAT CH.03 WILL BE THE BACKSTORY OF HELA, HER FATHER AND HER MOTHER (PLUS OTHER ACTION).

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved the story. The fact that this fully-equiped dungeon existed out in the middle of nowhere in Mississippi, a mile past plowed ground, is a pretty big stretch. Other than that, pretty well done.

I do have one criticism, which in the beginning, where you talk about truckers. "Despite the weather there were still truckers, in their juggernauts, thundering past flexing their egos. Or their stupidity."

I've been a trucker, known many truckers over the years, and even had a couple at various times as roommates. The best roommates are the ones who aren't home very often.

Like any other group of people, truckers can do dumb, even stupid things. That doesn't mean they're stupid people.

Truckers aren't out on the road to flex their egos, though that can happen from time to time. Truckers are on the road to bring goods that impact every facet of our lives; food, clothing, electronics, fuel, building supplies, and so on and so forth. They're out there because they have nearly impossible deadlines, and they don't get paid unless they deliver the goods.

A Millennial once naively suggested that people don't need to hunt because they can get food at stores. That was an actual tweet.

The way food (and everything else) gets to stores is by truck. Even goods that get shipped by rail. The vast majority of stuff that gets shipped by rail ends up on a truck; sometimes in a truck on top of a flatbed rail car.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous