All Comments on 'Helen's Story'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
des911des9115 months ago

Nice twist at the end. A sweet love story - simple and effective. Thank you

Rainyday493Rainyday4935 months ago

Damn, another tear jerker. Very nice.

QBikkQBikk5 months ago

Wow, sad but very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!

postoak2020postoak20205 months ago

Thank you for the story and the poem

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Perfect ending!

5

dardefdardef5 months ago

Loved it......but was the daughter Emily or Amy?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Beautiful. The Amy/Emily thing was the only miss. 4.7*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really liked it, but replacing Emily with Amy in Helen's letter and a couple of paragraphs later was a huge blunder.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A botanical comment.

There are two species of "redwoods" on the US west coast. The Coast Redwood, Sequoia sempervirens, is the coastal variety, and is the world's tallest tree.

The Giant Sequoia, Sequoiadendron giganteum, lives inland in the Sierra Nevada of California, and is the world's largest tree by mass: shorter than the Coast Redwood but much thicker around.

The tree known as the General Sherman is a Giant Sequoia in Sequoia National Park, in the Sierra Nevada of California.

Campus77Campus775 months ago

Tears are running down my cheeks. This is a strange reaction to a story on Literotica. What a happy/sad story that raises questions about life after death. This tale has a great beginning, a sweet and charming middle and a very sad but hopeful ending. What a talented author you are to link all this together and make it shine. I've been to the redwood forest and was awed by the majestic trees. Thank you for telling this story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story. Especially enjoyable as I used to live in Point Grey, went to UBC and have visited the redwoods.

DreamsOfHopeDreamsOfHope5 months ago

This story is why I come here. Beautiful. Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercritical5 months ago

Some people like a touch of the supernatural in their Literotica, but I'm not one of them. It makes for a silly, unrealistic story and the quality of this tale was marginal to begin with and this didn't help. I'm not clear if the author was trying to be efficient with words and get to the heart of the story quickly, but it made for herky-jerk reading. Everything happened so quickly and then the monstrous blow of the car accident and Helen's death. I know there is a huge number of traffic fatalities every year in the US, but authors on this site really like the car accident idea to clear the decks for[ further action. It is efficient, but it is a little trite. I have no idea why so many commenters waxed eloquent over this inadequate attempt, but I'm not convinced. 2*

TheDokTheDok5 months agoAuthor

@ overcritical Your moniker is certainly well chosen since you frequently criticise stories popular with a large number of other readers. I am intrigued to know whether you are like a food critic who doesn’t cook or whether you contribute to this site under another name shielding yourself from tot for tat feedback. You are of course entitled to your opinion but would ask you to consider the effect the kind of feedback you sometimes leave can have on an aspiring author who might be persuaded to stop writing. My shoulders are broad and negative criticism of the sort you sometimes offer is water of a ducks back although I suppose I should be grateful you didn’t give me a 1 score

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE5 months ago

Whith eyes running after reading your story I was seeing the comments by Overcritical and wondered if we had read the same story. To me there was no jerkiness at all! Every thing flowed in a natural flow most of it a happy flow until it became very sad causing the tears;-)

Keep up your good work, thanks you! 5*

jlg07jlg075 months ago

What a beautiful pure love story. Thank you for writing this! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous