All Comments on 'Hellacious Hospitality Ch. 01'

by Elysium_Chronicle

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fun story, would love to see where it goes. Lot of mysteries and questions to answer. Great set up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

An interesting start. I like the way you set the scene and the characters. I would have liked more interaction between the characters, but understand you are in the development stage. I like your word usage. I look forward to reading more of his adventures as I have enjoyed this story so far. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsover 2 years ago

Very interesting 👌. A premise I haven't read before. I'm looking forward to the next chapter and more explaining of what is taking place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Please write more !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am intrigued.

egb3rtegb3rtover 2 years ago

Unbelievable first time contribution. I eagerly await your second. Many thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is very well written. The author's clearly talented, but this instalment really lacks heat. The balance between heat and world building is too skewed towards the latter.

I did laugh about Ben being asked for photo ID. You need it to book a hotel room, but to some, you shouldn't need it to vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a sight for my sore eyes.

Very nice overall. The characters feel alive, storytelling is good and the set-up is great.

Also, monstergirls. Everything is better with monstergirls.

Would be great to see more. Maybe as a complete book.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 2 years ago

What a fabulous story. The characters are fascinating and the setting and situations are interesting. Clearly this is not the work of a first-time writer. Love the cliffhanger. Keep up the good work!

Elysium_ChronicleElysium_Chronicleabout 2 years agoAuthor

@RomanceLives, but also to anyone else who has said kind words, or are simply curious about my writing style.

I'm really happy to hear you think that, because it means I've successfully fooled you :p.

Apart from the abortive attempt at the "epic" story that I alluded to in the foreword, this is, believe it or not, my first foray into creative writing since my high school days, over 15 years ago.

What you're reading is instead the product of a former avid reader, but also an eager consumer of pulp fiction (especially anime). I'm the meticulous sort that actually uses TVTropes as a resource, rather than just a meme, always keen on learning and recognizing the tricks that make a good story pop. Being an anime fan is actually super relevant here, because the medium likes to play freer with the emotions than most Western media, so I'm always looking at how scenes and conversations are staged to create those emotional highs and lows.

But hoo boy, if you could get a peek behind the scenes, it'd be way more obvious that I'm not experienced/professional. I've got a crippling, pathological aversion to taking notes, so if my brain dreams up some brilliant idea to use later, I'm always hoping to dear god that I don't wind up forgetting it before I get to the keyboard. And related, I can't stand writing non-linearly. Even if I've got a later passage practically mapped out in my head, it's not hitting the page until I can clear the writer's block that stopping me from closing out the paragraph I'm currently working on. Utter horror show.

But in the end, I'm also the perfectionist sort that can't stand to present things taken in half measures. If I, personally, don't find the story emotionally satisfying, then that's not a story I find worthy to pass off to my potential readers.

So thanks again for your kind words, and I hope you find yourself entertained through to the end.

geek37geek37about 2 years ago

Welcome to hell indeed. A fine piece of writing for sure.

Elysium_ChronicleElysium_Chronicleabout 2 years agoAuthor

Chapter 4 is just about ready to go live, where I wanted to make the announcement, but I'm going to post here as well, to catch newcomers to my series, or even people who feel like re-reading before jumping into the new material.

Given the positive reception to my writing so far, I've been super-energized to take my creative talents to a whole new level, but I won't be able to do so without a bit of help from my loyal fans. To this end, I've started a Patreon page where, in addition to being able to grab my stories in downloadable format, I have dreams of also providing character art of all the lovely ladies in my stories. Please, check it out through my Profile page, which I'll also be using to post news and updates as they come up.

This is just an experiment of mine, so I hope I don't turn people away, thinking I'm just here to "sell out". Ultimately, the stories in my head want to be told in one way or another. Some additional financial support will help that come faster and more regularly, with some additional supplemental material to bring it even further to life, but failing that, I'll still continue to update this story for free.

So please, just keep up to date with everything I've got going on via my Profile Page. Thanks all, and please continue to enjoy my writings!

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, it was very involving from Bens pov and I wish he’d been slightly more compos mentis in the reception area, but maybe that compromises the story further down the line. My only grump is that I can’t think many guys would “up for it” with a stinking hangover, certainly not one where he was so drunk as almost get run over exiting a bar, but possibly a clear head would have put a dampener on any erotic experience that was to come. I really like the pacing of the story and felt his impatience and anticipation the next Friday, I’m interested as to why she was so glad to see him!

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Prinz_HeinrichPrinz_Heinrichover 1 year ago

Great work. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was all ready to post and comment about an apparent typo of the lady behind the desk stating that room 364 was available and then later calling it room 346... But then I realized the "typo" was part of the story having sent him to the wrong room.

What an interesting and engaging first effort for this author. I can't wait to read more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElysium_Chronicle@Elysium_Chronicle
Elysium_Chronicle is a fledgling, part-time writer in the realm of erotic fantasy fiction, with the personal philosophy that just because it's silly and spicy, doesn't mean that it can't be charming and evocative and maybe a bit challenging, too. Follow me on Twitter for the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES