Helper

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shit! he thought. Her interest in that particular question had slipped his mind, but obviously not hers. Did she just play me? he wondered.

"Ahhh," he said, trying desperately to come up with something to follow it.

She laughed lightly and rescued him. "Gotcha! Seriously, since I don't cook, ever, does having dinner with you mean going to a restaurant or are you going to go all out and cook for me?"

"Hmm, I cook regularly, but considering I'm usually doing it only for me these days, that doesn't mean you'd particularly care for it. Perhaps we should save my version of cooking for a few dates so I have time to practice something good and don't drive you off right away with a tummy ache."

She chuckled on the other end of the line. "Sounds good. When do you have in mind? I'll be getting back home on Thursday."

They set it up and, after she hung up, Terry started to sweat. Whatever date number it was, he wanted it to go better than his date with Stella a few months earlier.

***

On Saturday night they met at Longview's and walked straight in since he'd made the reservation early in the week. Gwen was wearing a white skater dress with strap-up high heels, which made her almost exactly his height. A simple strand of white pearls fell just below her neck line, matching her pearl earrings. With her tan, she was as perfect as the first time he'd seen her.

"You're so beautiful," he said, but immediately recalled her take on compliments. "Ahem, I meant that as a sincere compliment, not as—"

"I know, Terry," she said, smiling at him as she patted his arm. "And I thank you for it...with equal sincerity."

They got one of the high back booths and sat opposite each other where they could look at each other as they talked and drank a bottle of wine together. That was good, Terry figured, since he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. She was gorgeous but there was something about her he couldn't quite put his finger on as they talked.

She asked all about Terry's background, his family, and his work, deliberately keeping the focus on him. When he asked, she told him that her background was pretty boring and she'd seen guys doze off if she got into much detail. "I don't want your head tipping down into your soup," she teased.

"Honestly, Gwen, I'll prop my chin up, if that's what it takes for you to tell me." Elbows on the table, he made a show of putting a fist at each jaw and looking directly into her eyes.

She laughed and smiled at me. "You're a very nice guy, Terry, but remember, you asked. My parents had high-flying jobs and traveled a lot. They're Italian, but I was born in Greece and I split most of my time between Greece and Italy as a kid. I've traveled and lived all over since then."

He looked at her, surprised. "So you actually speak Greek and Italian?"

Smiling, she rattled off something that was Greek to him but might actually have been anything before she added, "Like a native, in Greek and Italian. Plus, I'm fluent in English—as you've probably guessed—and French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian."

Terry looked at her, trying to discern whether she was serious or if she was pulling his leg. When she didn't smile to give away the gag, he asked, "Seriously?"

She nodded. "That, plus I know just enough to get by in about 15 others. I'm what some call a hyperpolyglot, but that's what makes me so good at my job."

Terry was reasonably conversant in Spanish, so he asked a question in the language, only to be rewarded with a reply that was so fluid and rapid that it took him several seconds to figure out what she'd just told him. She followed with something he recognized as being in French, even if he didn't know what they meant, and then a few words in what he thought was probably German.

"Wow! Okay, I'm convinced. Fluent in Spanish and a bunch of others," he said with a laugh. "So, how'd you learn all of them?"

"Years of practice, but really, I have an echoic memory for things I hear. I store the words away and don't forget them, but there's a lot more to it than that. I still have to study the grammar and the meanings, so that's my hobby. To be honest, I don't have much else in the way of a personal life. It's been all business, ever since I can remember. In fact, you're the first guy I've been out with like this in...well, practically forever."

He shook his head and smiled. "As if I believe that's true for a second."

Her smile faded and she looked sad as she focused her eyes down on the table. "Terry, I wish it wasn't. It really has been a long time, but with my work, that's just the way my life is." She looked up at him, her lips a thin, straight line.

"Oh, Gwen, I'm so sorry. I honestly thought you were joking, about all of it," he said when he realized he'd hurt her feelings. "You're a beautiful woman, and lots, even legions, of nice guys would like to go out with you."

"Thanks, Terry. It's okay, and it's very nice of you to say that. I'm very off-putting, even threatening to some men, and I don't waste time with know-it-alls, fools, and those full of themselves. I'm just glad the right, really nice guy actually asked me out for a change. It actually feels a bit strange, in a way, but very good, too." She took a sip of her wine and smiled again as she looked into his eyes.

And that was the moment that Terry realized he really cared for Gwen and would do almost anything for her.

***

Chapter 6

She left for an assignment in Romania on Sunday morning. It was difficult to do, particularly with Carl alternately teasing and encouraging him throughout the day, but Terry waited until that night to send her a text message so she'd get it when she got off the plane.

Hi, Gwen,

I had a wonderful time with you last night. I'd love to see you again when you return home.

Safe travels,

Terry

It was only minutes later when his phone vibrated.

Terry,

Me, too.

Date 3? Oh! I'm looking forward to it.

Sweet dreams,

Gwen

To Terry, that seemed about as subtle as a hammer and he grew embarrassingly hard at the thought. He briefly considered sending her a playful response, but it was getting late and he was fighting off an unexpected yawn. In the end, he was so tired it was all he could do to get ready for bed and he was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Terry awoke on Monday morning feeling more rested than he'd been in months, possibly even in the years since his divorce. It was a blissful night's rest and it took him a few moments to realize that he hadn't had to get up to go to the bathroom during the night. He slipped into his sweats and did his three mile circuit while wondering what Gwen was doing on her Romanian mission. That must have helped for he completed the route in almost a full minute faster than usual.

As the days passed, Terry spent a lot of time thinking about Gwen and he shaved off a few more seconds from his run time each day. By the time she returned ten days later, he'd reduced his time by another minute and was smiling.

***

To say that Terry was excited to be going on his second (or was it really the third?) date with Gwen was an understatement. It was as if he was on pins and needles with anticipation about seeing her and was worried sick over what might happen.

Gwen was a beautiful woman, he'd enjoyed their time together so far, and he'd begun to hope that he'd have the opportunity to make love to her someday, despite the fact that continued yearnings for Lacey regularly bothered him and thoughts of his experience with Stella frequently haunted him. Unfortunately, Terry had also gotten the impression that Gwen was expecting some superstud-like guy to ravish her on their third date, but he feared that wouldn't be exactly what was in the cards and that he'd leave her disappointed.

Oh, if they were to end up in bed together, he knew he would do his very best and give her all the pleasure he could, but he wasn't like one of the ancient gods, demi-gods, or heroes from the lands of her childhood. No, he was just a nearly 53-year old guy who really liked a woman at more than the superficial Stella-level for the first time since his divorce and he hoped and prayed that he'd be able to do enough to please her. After all, in his opinion, she really deserved it.

***

Saturday was the longest day Terry could remember in years. He spent most of the morning helping Carl move some furniture while avoiding mentioning his date, and then spent the afternoon thinking about Gwen, making accomplishing anything worthwhile practically impossible. He finally gave up, took a steaming hot shower, and got dressed while watching his college team on TV getting trounced once again.

They'd agreed to meet at Telford Joe's on the riverfront; Terry arrived even earlier than planned, so he stood watching and caught sight of her as she drove up, pulling into the valet drive in a type of sports car he didn't recognize.

Gwen handed the car over to the valet as Terry approached.

"Hello, Gwen. You are...perfection," he said as he looked at her dressed in a knee-length, white bodycon-type dress that hugged her curves perfectly. It had a deep V-style neckline that exposed a hint of cleavage teamed with narrow shoulder straps, all covered by a thin white shawl and complemented by strappy, white heels. It was all he could do to get the words out as she smiled at him and entered his arms.

"Thank you, my hero," she said, whispering into his ear. "You're quite handsome, too." She gave him a soft hello kiss before taking his arm to go into the restaurant.

Terry was in heaven but he glanced at her car as the valet pulled off in it.

"Gwen, pardon me for asking but what type of car do you have? I don't think I've ever seen one like it."

"Probably not. It's actually a Mercury, but you wouldn't have seen it unless you've seen that particular one. It was one of their sporty European concepts some years ago, the only one completed, but it never went into production."

"Really? How'd you end up with it?"

"My father knew the guy in charge at Mercury, and ended up winning it in a golf game."

"Holy cow! What on Earth did he put up against that?"

"My mother."

Terry's mouth dropped open and Gwen started giggling. "Gotcha! Seriously, I don't have a clue, but he gave it to me years ago and told me to only drive it on special occasions. As you might guess, almost all of the parts have to be specially made for it if anything breaks."

As he escorted her into the restaurant, Terry couldn't get what she'd said off his mind. She only drove it on special occasions...

***

Inside the restaurant, they sat together in a booth in the back, but this time they were side by side with Gwen's arms wrapped around Terry's left arm, the warm softness of her breast pressed against him. After ordering, they talked, her right hand sliding down, first to his thigh, and then to the tight bulge in his pants.

"I'd say someone is glad to see me," she whispered as her fingers gently and ever-so-slowly strummed back and forth across his hardness.

Terry shook his head. "Gwen, I wouldn't do that. I—"

"Terry, I know. That's why I am." She was grinning. Still, her hand was back on his arm in a flash and she leaned in to kiss him as they turned toward each other. He wrapped his other arm around her and pulled her closer, with the kiss only ending when they were interrupted by the waitress bringing their wine.

"Sorry, pay me no mind," the young woman said with a giggle. She waved her hand at them after setting the wine glasses down. "Seriously, you two just keep on with what you're doing and I'll bring your salads out in a little while." She winked and was off, leading both of them to laugh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get carried away," said Terry, looking a bit sheepish.

"I wasn't objecting," replied Gwen, trying to hide her grin. "Though maybe we should take a break with that until a little later. As long as we can pick up at the same point, anyway."

They both grinned at the thought.

The waitress sighed and gave an exaggerated pout when she brought their salads. "And I thought I was going to catch you two again. Well, I guess some people just don't know how to have any fun." She grinned. "I'll be back to get those plates and your entrees should be out right after that. Need anything else for now? Well, if not, enjoy."

"Do you think she was egging us on?" asked Terry after the waitress had stepped away.

"Egging? No, I think she was practically begging to join in," laughed Gwen. "Unfortunately for her, you're all mine tonight."

***

When they emerged from the restaurant, Gwen turned to stand directly in front of Terry. "My place? And do you want to drive my car?"

His eyes wide, he nodded leading her to laugh as she handed him the ticket stub. Terry promptly passed it on to the valet. Some minutes later, he was quite impressed with the vehicle as they pulled into her garage next to what she called her everyday driver, a Mercedes GLS-550 SUV. There was nothing else in the garage.

"Gwen, I'm not sure which I'm more impressed with: your car, your 'everyday' vehicle, or how clean your garage is. I've never seen such a spotless place!"

"I'm not one for clutter," she agreed as she keyed in the entry code, opened the door, and deactivated an elaborate security system.

He confirmed her comment about clutter as he looked into her home. He had time to see light hardwood floors, white leather furniture, and little else before she took his hand and pulled him toward the stair up to her bedroom. The only real splash color was from several impressionist-style paintings on the walls.

It was one at the landing as they went up the stairs that really caught his eye. "Your paintings are incredible. Lacey and I saw pictures in the Musée d'Orsay and the Louvre that probably weren't this good." Terry immediately blushed when he realized he'd mentioned his ex, but Gwen paid it no heed.

She grinned at him. "There's a reason it might rival some of those you saw. Look at the signature."

Terry's eyes widened. "No way! Is it real? An original?"

She nodded.

"Wow! How'd you get it?"

"Old family connections," she said. "A woman in my family knew him personally—oh, that's actually putting it lightly. They were very much in love...if only for a little while." There was sadness in her expression, as if she had a special connection to that long ago ancestor. Terry didn't have time to question it further, for she continued, "It was a special gift to her and has been in our family for about 150 years, so it's not even in the modern catalog of his paintings. A couple of others, smaller ones, in the study, were gifts to her by him as well."

"Wow. I don't know about the others, but this one must be worth...well, millions," he said, still shocked at what he was seeing. "If you can prove provenance on it, anyway."

"Oh, that wouldn't be a problem," she replied, "because I have his original love letters to her, copies of hers to him, and the note he gave her when he presented the painting to her." She looked at it, almost lovingly for a moment before turning back to him. "It's a moot point, though, since I'll never sell it. While it might be worth millions to some...it's...absolutely priceless...to me."

He nodded. "Good. It suits you and is just too wonderful to sell."

She had a wide smile before leaning out and kissing him on the cheek. Then she was pulling him along, up the upper flight of stairs, down the hallway, and into her bedroom. A large canopy bed with a thick white comforter awaited them.

Terry was just starting to turn to take in the rest of his surroundings when Gwen pushed him back onto the bed and then climbed atop him, having somehow lost her shoes in that scant moment. Her kisses were ravenous and he responded in kind. She was undoing the buttons on his shirt as he slid his hands up her silky smooth legs and up under the skirt of the tight white dress. Up and up they went until he reached her naked buttocks, separated by what felt like a flimsy, lace thong.

She arched her ass against his hands, trying to give him access, while moaning into his mouth. Struggling with removing his shirt, she finally broke free of their lip lock to whisper, "Wow! Let's hold that thought for a few seconds while we get more comfortable."

Terry already had his hands on the bottom of the dress and started slowly working it up her body, revealing the lacy white panty that barely covered her mons pubis and vulva. She arched her back to help him work the dress upward and briefly caught her breath when it was scrunched up directly under her breasts. She smiled at him as she helped pull it up, allowing her breasts to pop free.

It was Terry's turn for his breath to catch as they came free of the dress and dropped into place to expose pink areolas and hard nipples. For her age, her breasts were still delightfully pert and Terry's reaction was a sharp intake of breath and slowly reaching his hands up to caress them.

"Terry, there'll be time for that in a moment after everyone's goodies are available for play time," she said with a grin as she pulled the dress on over her head and off. Tossing it, she leaned forward to try to pull his shirt farther up.

Terry rolled his shoulder to help, but couldn't help giving a quick suck on her nipple as she leaned forward into his range.

"You sneak! Well, since you've got it..." She continued to lean forward over him to let him softly suck on her while starting to rotate her pelvis, grinding it against his still-clothed penis. She breathed softly as he gently suckled her, making little moans. Finally though, she slid a hand up to separate them. When her nipple popped free of his mouth, she pushed down, more firmly, before rolling off of him. "Okay, no more until your clothes are off. Strip, mister."

As he slipped out of his clothes, Gwen stood up and made a little show of removing her thong to reveal a small blonde strip, but she kept her legs together to avoid showing more and then pulled the lace back up into place. Getting the disappointed expression from him that she must have been seeking, she turned her back to him to show her well-shaped ass while looking back at him over her shoulder. Smiling, she slowly bent forward, her thumbs hooked inside the little elastic that served as the waistband. As she reached the end of a deep bend, she pushed them down, exposing her hairless labia majora and the tips of her inner lips that peeked outside. She rotated her hips suggestively as she spread her legs and ran her fingers over her sex, with the middle finger sliding through her slit and coming out wet.

"Gwen, you're just like that painting: absolute perfection," gasped Terry as he got up off the bed and took her in his arms.

"Shhh," she whispered. "Now isn't the time for compliments. Action, Terry. Action." She was grinning as she pulled him down on the bed. A moment later, as she massaged his member, she slid a condom on him that he didn't even know she'd had and then guided him into her.

He moved slowly and easily as they kissed and held each other, pushing as far in as he could before sliding out just as far. Her eyes widened in disappointment the first time as she realized she'd lost him, but he moved forward and back in, bringing the smile back to her face as he bottomed out against her. Over and over, they repeated the process, with Terry picking up speed slowly, his thrusts becoming harder over time as Gwen's moan's became more vocal as she pushed up against him. They held each other tight on the final thrust as they both reached their climax.

***

They lay naked together on the bed holding each other with a soft white sheet covering them from the waist down. A peaceful rest had overtaken them; Terry wasn't sure if they'd dozed off but when he was back to full awareness, lost in the comfort of her arms and body against him, he slowly caressed the curve of her back, taking comfort in being with her, and not wanting to leave.

1...34567...9