Her Amber Eyes Ch. 01-03

Story Info
She looked for love in other men; why a bastard like me?
4k words
4.03
14.6k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

Inebriated, I loved her.

Sober, I loved her then, too.

In love with all the shadowy cobwebs in her amber eyes, the color of the sun through autumn leaves; I was enamored by this creature, this lapse in my judgment, this married woman who had no business being fucked raw by my cock.

And I loved that too.

Fucking her.

She was his wife, that asshole, the one who I always used small words around to humble myself. It was rather fitting, considering he only seemed to understand the small words, anyway. A face like a warthog, mustache like the tusks of a decrepit, disgusting creature, and beady eyes, small and soulless.

I first fucked his wife because I hated him.

Then I fell in love with her and hated myself.

Chapter One

With ivory combs, my mother would brush her golden tresses, staring at my father with disdain through the mirror of her vanity table, her eyebrows arcing with each passing second as he fumbled with his bowtie. I'd sit on the bed, my toy soldiers and dinosaurs in hand, pretending to be interested in playing, but what I really wanted to do was watch her insult him.

The way she always did.

"Charles, you foolish idiot," she said, and I smiled because those two words meant the same thing. She was doubling his stupidity. "Come here, I'll do it."

My father had the decency to look embarrassed. "Don't speak to me like that in front of my son."

This was where I learned to love witnessing women humiliate their husbands. The power she held, wielding it like dark magic, striking him right in the heart. I had always hoped that it would break him.

But my father was resilient, and he knew my mother well. He knew she would laugh, which she did.

"You insufferable bitch," he muttered. "I'll do it myself."

Mother only raised an eyebrow and got to her feet. Like seawater that drowned a fisherman, I felt all the fear and all the excitement of witnessing a chaotic disaster. Pandemonium. A word I'd learn in the fifth grade, but would understand from a younger age thanks to Dear Mother.

"Ben," she said, glancing at me, her blue eyes piercing me from across the room. "Run along, sweetheart."

I got to my feet and exited the room slowly, hoping to catch the beginning of the end of a marriage. If I was being honest, I knew it had ended the moment I'd caught Mother fucking her boss's son, a barely-legal fresh-faced Army private with limbs like an action figure.

Thanks for your service to our country, you bastard.

The funny thing is, Father knew about the Army private. He knew, but like a coward, he was too afraid to confront Mother. She was a great and terrible beauty, with influence in their social crowd, throwing her grand parties and making friends in high places. Should Father leave her, he'd just the same leave the entire life he'd built.

"You stupid fucking imbecile," Mother said to my father as I closed their door behind me. I was only seven, but I understood by her tone that she'd slap me across the face if I ever repeated those words. I saved them for the future, for the days when I could be grown and out of her beloved home.

She loved that house, the white picket fence and swollen hydrangeas, freshly-cut grass, greener than every other yard in the upper-middle-class neighborhood we lived in. Her pool with the waterfall, the three-car garage that had her black Mercedes Benz G-class Wagon, her cute little white Audi coupe, and Father's Subaru SUV, which she detested. She loved her antiques from estate sales, and she loved her decor, which she had redone every season.

That house was her pride, and I was her joy.

"My darling Benjie," she'd call me. "Do well in school. Mommy will get you anything you could ever wish for."

She kept her promise. Anything I wanted? Mine. All Mine.

And I never did learn to share.

That day was the day my father had enough. He hadn't learned how to share either and had finally grown tired of it.

"I want a divorce."

I think both Mother and I felt that rush of delight, like satisfaction was brimming in our hands, ready to overflow.

Yes, he was leaving her. She left it up to him.

But she was the spider that spun the web, and he was the stupid bug that had been lured into her trap.

Chapter Two

I buttoned my shirt, stiff from the bleach and blindingly bright. My tie, my blazer, my briefs and slacks came next, and by the end of it all, I looked exactly the man my mother had raised me to be. I have never been ashamed of telling the truth so I will tell you this: I'm the biggest bastard you will ever meet. I inherited Mother's sharp looks and Father's dark hair, and with my mother's long torso, I was tall also. Most of all, I inherited my mother's personality, and just like her, people loved to be around me.

"You're fucking delicious," my last conquest had said. "Too handsome for your own good, aren't you?"

I'd slapped her ass and fucked her senseless.

That nameless conquest was nothing to me, a beautiful redhead I'd met at the club who'd thrown herself at me. That normally disgusted me, but I was horny, and I wanted some pussy. I got what I wanted and sent her on her way early the next morning, watching from the window, coffee in hand as she made the walk of shame up my driveway to her Uber. I smirked, snorted, then laughed.

Did I mention that I'm an asshole too?

I was humbled only by one thing, and I met that thing at an office Christmas party.

My boss, Douglas the Rambler, rambled on and on about how best to enjoy the wine selection and its pairings. I was bored, irritated, and almost offended that he thought to waste my time with his drivel. I didn't care for Douglas, nor did I care for anything that came out of his mouth.

Well, I didn't mind when "promotion" did, but that was it. That's where I drew the line.

That was, until he introduced her—the very thing that humbled me.

"This is my wife, Inaya," Douglas said, and I looked up from checking my phone, losing my breath instantly. Such sadness in those amber eyes that it felt as if she'd hooked me by the ankle and tugged me into it; that anguish washed over me, suffocating me. Just looking at her, I already couldn't breathe.

That evening gown accentuating those hourglass curves, those long legs, feet fitted tightly into high heels, sleek black hair rippling down her back, and impeccable makeup—something even I could admire. An oval-shaped caramel-colored face, cheeks like Chrissy Teigen's, adorable dimples, and luscious painted red lips; she impressed me. Her beauty was beyond comparison, and she was a broken thing. I could tell from one look alone that something had shattered that lovely creature.

She was perfect.

"I've heard so much about you," I lied, taking her hand and shaking it. She was ice-cold, and it made me sad. I wanted to take off my blazer and offer it to her, but she wasn't a single woman at the office party; she was married—and to my boss.

"I'm sorry, you are—" she began to say, but Douglas cut her off.

"This is Benjamin Luft, our best junior executive," Douglas said, grinning, quite pleased with himself. Did he enjoy knowing things she didn't? Some of her sadness made sense.

"Ben," I corrected, but I did not smile. I was looking at Inaya, and she was looking at the floor. A pitiful being, one I couldn't wait to get my hands on, to brighten up like the Christmas tree, blinking and radiant—because right now? Right now she had no light in her. None at all.

For the rest of the party, I waited, chatting with my coworkers, but always keeping track of her in my peripheral vision. Finally, she wandered off to the balcony, and I knew that some force in the universe had given me the opportunity to have her alone.

She was leaning against the railing, her head down, looking at the ground seven stories down. In her hand was a cigarette.

"Bum me one?" I said, taking off my blazer. She looked stunned as I draped it over her shoulders.

"Th-Thanks," she said, putting her cigarette in her mouth and digging through her clutch to locate her pack. She found one and passed it to me, along with a lighter.

"Fuck," I said, enjoying the drag and checking for her reaction. How did she feel about cursing?

Evidently, she felt nothing. It didn't seem to bother her.

I passed her back the lighter, and joined her by the railing, looking down.

"What were you looking at?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," she said, taking another drag of her cigarette. "The ground, I guess."

"Why?"

"I wondered what I'd look like splattered all over it," she said, and this time she looked at me, anticipating my reaction. I barked out a laugh.

"You don't have the guts," I said.

"You don't know me," she replied.

"I know that you're still alive. There must be something you're still living for."

She looked away. "This isn't fucking Titanic," she said. "Don't save me."

And she shrugged off my blazer, gripped the railing with both hands, and began to throw a leg over it.

"Shit!" I hissed, grabbing her around the waist and pulling. We fell back.

"I told you—"

"Life's short enough as it is," I said softly. "Don't give it the satisfaction of making it shorter."

She was looking into my eyes, and I could see an ocean of sadness in her, as if she was drowning in it. We stared at one another until it had been too long—until it was obvious what we were going to do next.

I kissed her. She tasted like vanilla and spice, so good that it should have been criminal. When she didn't protest, I took her face in my hands and deepened the kiss, and that beautiful disaster in my arms began to kiss me back. She threw her arms around my neck, her tongue boldly sliding against mine, our mouths hot and wet.

What I'd expected was a delirious need to take her, to own her the way I'd owned every other conquest, but there had been something about her amber eyes, as if they'd seen everything there was to see and somehow none of it had been satisfying. Those eyes had seen far too much.

"You're beautiful," I told her, pulling back. I knew that she needed to hear it.

Her eyes were already brimming with tears. How long had it been since a man had given this poor woman a compliment?

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Still want to kill yourself?" I asked her.

"Not tonight."

I helped her get to her feet, and we dusted ourselves off.

"Listen, I know what it's like," I lied. "If you ever need someone to talk to..."

"I've got a therapist," she said. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," I said. "Your therapist is doing a shit job, and you should get a new one."

She let out an incredulous laugh.

"You almost jumped off this balcony," I reminded her. That cut her laugh short.

"I—thanks for saving me," she said, and grabbed her clutch from the ground. She picked up my blazer, dusted it off and handed it to me.

"This isn't fucking Titanic," I said.

She looked at me for a second, flipped me the bird and then left.

Chapter Three

I felt... entangled. Her amber eyes, her plump red lips, those long legs, that dark hair; all of it, every damn thing, had me entangled in emotions I hadn't experienced before. I felt a white-hot flame in my chest: jealousy. It was something I'd never felt before—I'd never felt that a woman had belonged to me the way I felt that amber-eyed, broken creature belonged to me.

She'd been made for me, decided eternities ago. Created from my rib, we might've come from the stars. She was the angel I'd never dreamt of; she was the angel that this demon did not deserve.

And yet I wanted her, because guess what? I'm a fucking bastard.

I was in a place where time and space didn't end. I told my best friend about it, stupidly, and he called it love.

"There's one problem," I said, swirling my wine in the glass. We had an intimate table at a nice restaurant in town, meeting for a late lunch on a Sunday.

"Don't tell me she's married," Garret-Just-One-T said. He hated when people spelled his name with two T's. He knew me better than anyone.

I took a sip of wine, my eyes still clear. Garret was tipsy and fidgety.

"She's married to my boss," I said.

Garret let out a hiccupy sort of laugh. "You bastard."

"She's not your wife."

"You wouldn't be alive if she were," he said, grinning. "So, she shame the stars or something?" My friend Just-One-T, the poet, everyone.

"She's a goddess," I said. "I can't fucking stand it."

He leaned in close to whisper, the idiot. The entire restaurant's atmosphere was already quiet. "Fuck her yet?"

A woman seated a table over shot him a dirty look. I would have said something to her, except I liked this restaurant. Getting kicked out and/or banned was ugly, and I hated ugly. I gave her a smile.

"Excuse him, he's had too much to drink," I said politely. The woman looked offended that I'd even addressed her. She turned away, muttering something I couldn't understand. I didn't care. She was a worthless piece of trash, a botched botox whore, clawing onto the last vestiges of youth. She had the kind of face I wouldn't do the courtesy of pissing on even if it were on fire.

I turned to Garret and gave him one of those fuck-that-bitch looks. He laughed.

"So?" he pressed.

"No," I said, chewing on the inside of my cheek. "No, I haven't."

"Wow, that sucks," he said. "Can't say I'm not surprised. Usually, we meet up so you can tell me about your conquests."

I sighed. "We kissed. That was about it."

"Tongue?"

"Don't you have a girlfriend at home?"

"Don't remind me," he said grumpily. "She wants a ring."

"It's been five years. Maybe it's time to dump her," I suggested.

We both laughed, Garret the hardest.

"Nah, I love her," he said. "I might propose if she gives me an ultimatum. If your goddess was divorced, would you marry her?"

"No, I don't believe in marriage," I reminded him. "It's a waste of time, money and resources."

"So what do you think you'll do with this goddess of yours?"

"Fuck her, fix her."

"She broken?"

"As broken as they get. She tried killing herself the night I met her. Almost jumped off the balcony."

"Sounds like Titanic," Garret said.

I grinned. "I shit you not, her exact words, 'this isn't fucking Titanic.'"

"Feisty."

"Kind of," I said, remembering the way she'd flipped me off. "I want her."

"Take her then," Garret said, taking a big gulp of his wine. I should cut him off, but I decided I'd drive him home instead. He could come back for his car when he was sober.

"I just have to find her," I said, tapping my fingers on the table.

"Do you have a plan?" he asked.

"Not this time," I said quietly. "She's not part of our social circle. She doesn't come to the dinner parties. It was a wonder that she came to the Christmas party. I wouldn't know how to run into her."

"Look her up on Facebook," Garret suggested. "She'll be on there for sure. Probably on some mom groups and shit."

It hadn't even occurred to me that she'd have children. She probably did. I mean, why wouldn't she? A rich wife, probably a PTA mom with a little girl into gymnastics and horses and a shithead son who blew up his toy soldiers in the backyard. I could see them, little dark-haired amber-eyed kids, and I toyed with the idea of spending myself in her and making one of my own.

"Facebook," I repeated slowly. "That could work."

I didn't look her up until I got to the gym later that evening. While I was running on the treadmill, I found her. Inaya Davis, born in Kabul, a Berkeley graduate, a former teacher for a nearby school district, and for whatever reason I couldn't pinpoint: no kids. She'd gotten married to Douglas the Rambler seven years ago, and they had a golden retriever named Mango. I saw her birthday, and did the math; she was a good fifteen years younger than her husband, and at twenty-five, a mere three years younger than me. Her husband had married her at eighteen, making him an even bigger bastard than me.

Why had she done it? Green card? Controlling family? Small town that she needed to escape from? There was so much I suddenly wanted to know about this woman with the amber eyes. I remembered how she'd been angry enough to flip me the bird, and it made me smile. She'd shown me some emotion; it was something lacking in all her photos on Facebook. Her eyes were soulless, dead.

But with me, for one short encounter, I'd seen a spark in her and that spark had been as bright as the sun.

When I got home, I sent her a friend request. She didn't accept it, but she did send me a message.

Inaya Davis: Leave me alone. I don't have anything to offer you.

Ben Luft: What did I ask of you?

Inaya Davis: I know what you want.

Ben Luft: Yeah? And what's that?

Inaya Davis: You want to sleep with me.

Ben Luft: You're full of yourself. I wanted to check on you. I haven't read in the news that you died yet.

Inaya Davis: lol Yeah well, I'm not ready to die yet.

Ben Luft: What changed?

Inaya Davis: I learned from some asshole that I can still be desired.

Ben Luft: There are things I'd love to say to you, but you're married.

Inaya Davis: ...

Ben Luft: Do you want me to tell you anyway?

Inaya Davis: Yes.

Ben Luft: I more than desire you. You are the most fascinating creature I've ever had the pleasuring of laying eyes on. I haven't been able to get you out of my mind since the moment we met. And you were right. I do want to sleep with you. I want to fuck you hard, make you come, and then I'll make love to you and you'll come again. I want to repair your broken spirit.

Inaya Davis: And you think sex is gonna do that? That you can fuck me and use me and I'll magically be cured of my depression? Fuck you.

Ben Luft: Look, you asked. You were really young when you got married, weren't you? What have you experienced? Have you reached the point in your life where what you have isn't enough anymore? Is Douglas bored of you—are you bored of him? I think the answer to those questions is yes. He belittles you and makes you feel small and sad.

Inaya Davis: What do you want from me? Did you just contact me to shit on me about my life?

Ben Luft: I want to help you. Let me.

Inaya Davis: I'm beyond help.

Ben Luft: Can I call you?

Inaya Davis: Okay, but I can't talk for long.

I called her through the Facebook app. A moment later, she answered and I heard her sweet voice, a song to my soul.

"H-Hi," she said shakily.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"In my home office."

"Who's home?"

"Just me," she said.

"Inaya," I said, testing out her name on my tongue. "You're brave, you're beautiful, and you're beguiling."

She laughed. "Beguiling, huh? Thanks, Prince Charming."

"I mean it," I said. "You listen to me. You are worthy. You are smart. You are perfect. Don't give up."

"I... Ben, that's very kind but there's so much you don't know."

"Tell me," I said. "I can listen."

She sighed. "I've had three miscarriages, one of them late-term. Douglas... he blames me. Blames my body. Tells me I'm weak and worthless."

My heart softened.

"I lost my parents and siblings in a car bombing in Kabul. My aunt lives in Arizona, and she sponsored me to come to America. I knew no one there. I still know no one here," she said, and I heard her sniffle. "My aunt, she was controlling. Douglas and I met online. He... he offered me a life here. I moved for him to California, and we got married. He paid for me to go to college and was very supportive at first. But I couldn't be the wife he wanted. I couldn't throw dinner parties because I don't know how to cook American food. I'm terrible at it and Douglas won't allow caterers in the house because of all the valuables. I was too scared to go to his social gatherings. He says I am like a roommate that he gets to fuck. I don't do anything a wife would do. I can't... I can't even give him chil-children."

12