All Comments on 'Her Amber Eyes Ch. 01-03'

by JamesWallaker

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Congratulations on publishing your first story. I know that can be daunting. I look forward to the next chapter(s).

Popcorn_and_StoriesPopcorn_and_Storiesover 3 years ago
5*

I don't really read much in this category and I've only commented on two other stories on this site, but this caught and held my interest. I read, I gave you a well-deserved 5*, and I'm commenting to say -- your storytelling is engaging, your story is very well-written and your characterization is damn good (especially of Inaya's being an introvert who feels unsure in her new world). Please do continue this story. I'll be checking back for further chapters.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Excellent start

I agree with everything Popcorn said. Most engaging and looking forward to the next chapters. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great start

Well crafted characters and storytelling. Minimum of words effectively give us a feeling about the characters and lead us to want more.

Gave it a 5.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"You're stupid, Ben." "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow, you idiot woman."

OMG! Welcome to this forum, we need good writers like you.

Like Dashiell Hammett, your writing can be hard-boiled, acerbic, and perceptive of the human condition – no punches pulled. Also, you can highlight the ironical incongruencies of human characters and their lives, like Mark Twain. Then, like Oscar Wilde, your writing has a poetic tenderness and tragedy, which is almost sweet.

For us, your writing has enough suicides, or potential suicides, to keep us interested. Enough cynicism and snarkiness to tell the tale truthfully. And enough simmering, buried lust to whet our lustful carnal appetites. My wife and I have favorited this and will be looking forward to future chapters.

We can’t wait to watch you unpack Inaya’s complex personality and Ben’s reluctant attraction toward her. Ben may be just “bastardly” enough to forge a psych ward romance with his boss’s wife!

Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great start!

You have a gift, my friend. now that you started out so strong it's going to be tough to keep it up. Follow your own ideas, don't let the hoi polloi ruin your vision. there are enough to wear you down, but you can delete them!

R.

dc6370dc6370over 3 years ago

That was an enjoyable read. You can feel her pain. Ben is pretty screwed up, not sure what to think about him. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing to like in this vignette

Only the shortness was bearable. But I smell unpleasant and ghastly chapters are on the way. Please spear us those misogynistic and putrid characters and a bland and boring plot.

Draw a Mona Lisa with a chainsaw in a cow, it’s more fun.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Don't

Well written, but I don't yet see the appeal about an asshole, whose mother was a cheating bitch. Maybe the next chapter will show a bit more substance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So she's a victim; perfect.

Obviously, its not her fault. And he's the predator; perfect. Whatever happens its his fault. At least we know why it ends, and I suspect how it ends. If you want to fill the Twinkie with your literary cream have at it. Its still just a twinkie.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

This is an open field..He can become humanized or she can become wise enough to dump her loser husband. Great first read. Looking forward to many more chapters.

Your effort is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect! A deranged writer writing about stupid cunts and dicks!! Perfect !!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous