All Comments on 'Her Blue Dodge Minivan Ch. 03'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 446 Comments
pummel187pummel18718 days ago

A real ending to a real story about love, friendship, disrespect, selfishness and ultimately moving forward. It always amazes me how rational adults fail to see what the consequences will surely be if they take a left instead of a right at the proverbial "fork in the road" moments in life.

Truly it amazes me 🤔🤔🤔

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 1 month ago

It was very good, but desperately needs part 3 dramatically pruned. IMHO, a drastic edit of part 3 could turn this wooly melodrama into a riveting page-turner! We DO need the explanation, but far more concise!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Realistic for a change.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

Felt like this series was a chapter too long for the eventual conclusion because there was just a lot of waffling and his epiphany moment was... well, it was pretty banal. It didn't feel like a monumental decision, in fact, it seemed like the easy and foregone conclusion from chapter 1.

<>

I think showing Eileen's side was a good idea, I don't mind it when authors do that, but I would have gone further down the narrative in chapter 2 and came to the divorce and wrote about it from Eileen's perspective. At least it would have allowed you to put some pathos into the finale, what with her bemoaning the end of her marriage and her own idiocy. As it stands, the way this ending was eventually delivered lacked any punch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I gave this part a 4, only because it took him long enough to finally divorce her. He should have done that before the end of part one, as he had already found her cheating, and she had already admitted it. Yes, he had his own doubts at that time, but he had already kicked her out, and should have started moving on with his life, even if it meant moving to a new city or state (too many things to remind him what had happened). A big For Sale sign in the front yard would tell her they were done too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This was his only real choice. I'd have just made it within the first month. And had her served. Wouldn't have taken me 4 plus months to decide.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Finally cucky Danny makes a decision. Took the bitch 3 parts to reach this

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well, we got through the first two chapters as they dragged on. The hen we finally got to the 3rd and last hopeful chapter. Yes we are disappointed that it took so damn long to finally finally finally get to the end divorce decision! That was kind of a bummer for us and we would have chosen a slightly ending, but……

Frankly we could see a revenge fuck with the sister while Eliseu was forced to sit in the other room with the door open, or the same room; so she would have first hand horrible and humiliating experience of her betrayal. And she would know if she screwed up again, her sister would sweep in and sweep her out!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes a very good, very sad one. This is the way they should be written, for all you practicing writers out there.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent story

I understand his decision. I did the opposite and lived to regret being to weak to pitch the cheating bitch for 14 years. Feared being alone. Finally ended the BS and moved on.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld3 months ago

60022Mallard: your wrong, slow makes it worse. Throw her out, file for divorce and move the fuck on. You have to be decisive. Strike while the iron is at its hottest. Once divorce tear it all down. Out the swingers, make sure the club suffers by exposure. Then go for the throat, make sure the AP suffers. If they don't divorce make his life a living Hell. And don't forget to fuck his world up. Out both to their boss, if that don't work, contact the state board of realtors. After you're done with not putting your hands on him, beat the living shit out of htf

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a sad story.

60022Mallard60022Mallard3 months ago

For the instant kick to the kerb fans, make haste slowly, as in this story, is the right way

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
A

Very sad story no forgiveness or understanding on his part.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To bad the stupid slut didnt think about a counselor before she cheated, try to figure out why she was so interested in the idea of swinging or getting another man. Anyone cld have told heer to think about the pros and cons before acting but she didnt think, she just felt it wld be fun, exciting, only be unemotional sex, it wldnt change anything in the relationship. idiocy, rationalization, excuses, all democrap techniques to avoid accountability, the fact that she ultimately did accept responsibility didnt save her from disaster,. rk

EgantryEgantry4 months ago

Unfortunately, that was the best decision. A good/better life exists for many people. Thank you for the story … it was engaging and proved a number of emotions.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story and you managed not to make Danny a wimp who took this cheating whore back. There are consequences for an individuals actions. This whore didn't just cheat once. See snuck off to a sex party and fucked 4 different men and then started a weeks long affair with one. Have a rotten life whore. I'd rather be alone the rest of my life that live with a cheating slut...at least my hand would be faithful!

orneryonezorneryonez5 months ago

Okay, Okay, Okay!... enough with the goddamn counseling sessions in your stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

About 6 chapters and 12 pages to long.

The very moment the car was spotted the door should have been knocked on and.

THE END

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Whew!

I was afraid that his fear of being alone would give him an excuse to ignore his cowardice in order to avoid being alone.

It stinks that everyone essentially ignored his quabdrt in order to support their agenda to support Eileen's effort to get back in the house. The RIGHT thing to do was support him and his choices, not try to play on his fears to push him to a course of action that would, ultimately made him miserable. It would be nice for the MC to point that out to the "helpful support individuals" that they were serving no ones interest but their own and Eileen's. Those people need to be honest with themselves and ask how forgiving would they be in his shoes. They don't have to BTB but do have a Moral obligation to respect his choices and support him in his process to chart his own course.

I have been though a divorce, blindsided, and have first hand knowledge out this.in the real world most men find nearly everyone deserts him, making the way forward even more emotionally devastating and difficult.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggie5 months ago

How infinitely sad. She’s sorry now. But she still fucked him over, numerous times.

Sometimes ‘sorry’ just doesn’t cut it.

Reader2021Reader20215 months ago

5 ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A reality story (a breath of freshness!)

Main character did what HE needed for his future

Bravo

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I rated the first two chapters with four stars, and the third chapter with five stars. And then I went to the comments to listen to the scolds rake the character over the coals for being "selfish" and "unforgiving".

The affair at the motel merited the "treatment" he gave her after finding her van. And her anguished confession and and confession of being seduced, an apology might well have led to forgiveness, but - her lovers wife, when upset, revealed that he'd met and had her at a swing party, where, as it later came out, she'd had two other men, plus the one who did become her lover.

To me, there were two factors that made her "unforgivable", though neither directly related to the motel visits. The first, and the smaller, unforgivable "sin" was her conscious, cold (not in the heat of passion) decision to attend a swing party behind his back when he was out of town, despite having been "shut down" on the notion of swinging twice by her husband in the past. (Her possible fertility was not discussed and the condoms at the swing party I suppose were to assure that any possibility of a bastard pregnancy was precluded?) What would have caused me to walk out, and in my case have no need to speak directly to her again, was that, while she was tearfully confessing her affair (which she had begun to suspect he must know something about), every time she talked to him she somehow "neglected" to clean the slate by confessing to the swing party orgy she'd had. That is, despite her confession and apology, she continued to conceal.

As a result of that little "oversight" - that purposeful continuation of her concealing of her actions from him, I would never have again trusted her, nor would I have had any interest "repairing" the relationship. And it wouldn't have taken months for me to come to that conclusion.

SeaChangerSeaChanger6 months ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free only to discover the prisoner was thee.

Forgiveness can't be earned; it can only be given.

SeaChangerSeaChanger6 months ago

He made a bad decision. His decision was based on what he felt.

His empathy is weak, he did not see the pain he was causing to his immediate family, his friends, her friends and their friends. *****

oddtomas1oddtomas16 months ago

She went to a swingers night. She had sex with three men. That tells me she would do it again. Leaving her is a great idea.

MarkT63MarkT636 months ago

YEAH!!! AN anti-cuck story!!!@ Thank you Ohio!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Unusual to read a story with NO likeable characters in it. What she did was undoubtedly wrong, but torturing her for several months was execrable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Go back and write a continuing Chapter4---fix this!!! this guy is tooo hard nosed. He needs to realize that the future pain his action to divorce will rain down onto his 2 kids (weddings, grandkids, etc), his grandkids, the parents, the friends and other folks that love them far exceed the pain he is ( rightly) feeling. He is not the only one in pain. He needs to consider the pain of all the others. As to the wife-- I know her wrong actions caused the start of the pain. She has honestly faced up to her wrong actions and made effort to do every thing to correct. Not to diminish the husbands pain, but he must not think he is the only one in pain - and the cause of the pain is not the kids, parents, friends, etc. To do such as Will bring them great hurt is selfish. I know husband can't ever get over it, but time helps. The feeling that you can never trust again is also self centered. These problem can be solved in many ways. Consider what reasonable husbands have done in other stories--- (get divorced but live together with firm rules, constant oversight, Etc) And finally as to the BS attitude in similar stories that TRUST is lost and she can NEVER be trusted again --- if two things are established ( with reasonable certainty) (1) She is fully contrite ( with counseling) and (2) she and he still love each other ( even though he is angry) THEN IT IS VERY UNLIKELY she will ever want to feel that pain again and therefore never cheat again.....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There were no consequences for the couple who drew the wife into their swingers group for their own sexual gratification. It makes no sense that a man would judge what happened to require the termination of his marriage but would decide retribution was unnecessary for those who encouraged and enabled the wife's infidelity despite understanding the husband would not approve. At least the husband forced the wife to recount her actions to the wife of her paramour.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

Good choice. Hang in there. This way things can get better one day.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

TRUST. Without it, you have nothing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"But there are just some things that are too serious to get past. And I've finally realized that what you did is too serious for me to get past."

===> this site the key point. It is based on what he feels. It is his perception and thought hits that matter here. She has certainly appeared to try to make amends and to change and to own up to what she did. It is how he feels. And he can't het past it. Period.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It had to be this way. She was not in control. And she knew how he would react, pushing him past hard boundaries he had set. First the swinging, then the affair that she only quit when she realized she was caught. This was not a simple betrayal. This was bigger than that. Yes it was relatively short in terms of time (few weeks + the swing bang) but she was just building momentum. She was obsessed with exploring way beyond her husband's comfort zone. And despite all the counseling, it isnhard to see that she stops indefinitely. Yes people can change. And yes people can be forgiven. But it doesn't mean they should be married. Again she completely knew how he would feel. They talked about boundaries repeatedly. And she still blew through those. Not as bad as a long multimonth affair, but she still broke his trust harshly.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Long, involved, good, story, and the first chapter pulled the reader in.

Character growth and maturation, emotion, humanity with all of its foibles, excellent work

I think that if he had gone to counseling after her breakthroughs, maybe there would have been a different outcome.

Not saying that that is required in any way, or really even better

There is also, divorce and then seeing if something new could happen, with a pre-nup, or resolving the situation within the marriage and initiating a post-nup.

This is your story, and the ending is solid for these two as they were at that point. What they had was not special enough to overcome what she did.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9910 months ago

Great story about a cowardly wimp of husband who never heard of the word forgiveness. Wife was a slut but works on striaghtening out her life Husband will be by himself still angry till the day he dies

rn2711rn271110 months ago

Sad ending which I can't accept. After 20 years of marriage and 2 kids, she accumulated a good amount of credit. Doesn't it worth something? I think she earned at least a try for reconciliation. It might not work, but at least a try.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Crap story

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny11 months ago

All his procrastinating and dragging his feet made for a worse story but I'm so glad at the turn it took because all of us thought this was gonna be a RAAC and I'm sooo glad it wasn't. For me it wouldn't have even been the affair with Martin that would be the Death knell but the swinging party. She knew his thoughts on it and admitted to fucking 3 guys there and one of them she didn't even desire. That skankiness would been enough alone to kill my love dead cold on the spot.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Right choice.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

First part was very good but parts 2&3 were kind of average,in a story that was certainly a downer. Somehow I felt the ending was a bit abrupt and either an epilogue should have wrapped up the directions they went in after the divorce or perhaps a part 4 if there is anything significant about how their relationship continues after divorcing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

During their married life Eileen would always bush the envelope during their fantasy night to bush things further and further, given the chance. What Eileen did was really no surprise. Danny to his credit must have understood that. That being the case, thus the ending. I feel certain Eileen would have rebounded given her need for kinky sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved the story and writing—I’ve been a long time Ohio fan—I gave every chapter a 5. I do not like the ending. Im not a cheater, neither is my wife (I believe), but I have my fantasies that she doesn’t share.

I know that a large percentage of marriages end in divorce, but there is also a large percentage that gets through the rocky parts early on giving the couple the tools to get through some serious issues. They had a longish marriage. They should have had better tools to get past this.

I can see her thought on the party, wrong thinking, but I see it. Certainly it would FOREVER be a secret (in the words of Ben Franklin, 3 people can keep a secret as long as 2 of them are dead). Things ALWAYS come out,

Especially if you’re doing this with people you know. If just by accident in a conversation where the speaker forgot that he wasn’t a part of the swinging group it comes out.

I think Danny should/could have lived with the one party. Yes, it was a bad betrayal, but at least I could have gotten over it. The only upside to the affair is she realized that it wasn’t Martin, but the situation that made it exciting, that Danny was still her best lover. That likely wouldn’t have happened without the affair. If that part were played up more, that might have helped him forgive, he wouldn’t always be wondering g if he was getting the disappointing side of a comparison.

Martin is the snake. Martin deserves to be punished more severely.

I understand Danny’s reluctance to go to therapy, but had he done that after her epiphany of the why if her betrayal, he might have come to the conclusion that he was better off staying together.

If I changed anything other than the divorce, it would be to add a little more about how Martin’s wife punished him—Rusty knife castration comes to mind, but at least a very one-sided divorce would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good story with a sad ending for Danny as this was hard for him but a right ending. Not only did she swing after her husband said no, did not get caught then she then had an affair because of that yeah she came clean, but only after it ended.

Danny now can move on, and so can she. When he said not I still don't want to be around you, let alone sleep with you. to me the it must make him sick as it would me. Plus the thought of what she could have givin him. For all her fun.

She killed her marrige long ago Danny just barried what was left.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Perfect ending. She disrespected him so blatantly that this was the only solution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Generally, I am totally on board with burning cheating spanking wife...... but, not so much this time. It seems like the tree is real contrition evident. Love & a successful marriage was the norm for a long time. I believe in atonement & redemption we hen there has been a turnaround in attitudes. Wife probably deserves another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His last words were, "I'm sorry Eileen." Are you kidding me? How about, "I'm sorry you're a cheating slut and will always be one. If I let you back in, the disrespect will start all over again. I'm sorry you're delusional and have been fooled by some idiot shrink into thinking you'll never whore yourself out again. Not buy it and I'm really, really sorry I wasted 20 years of my life with you."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Difficult choice, in the end the wife was always that person. From the beginning she was the kinky one and kept pushing her husband to try this or that and he balked at the sharing of his wife so the divorce should not have come as a surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank goodness! For a minute there I thought you would turn him into a cuck. He will have plenty of options if he wants to get back into a serious relationship with a woman. He isn't desolate or destined to be alone, he only felt that way for a while. Don't care what happens to her and am glad he decided not to let her ruin the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One thing I have noticed on the comments on Lit. Most people believe, that a marriage should last forever. But 50% end in divorce, with women instituting it 80% of the time. Marriage, as an institution, is NOT a good deal for men. Look at it like this- If you bought your house, and after 5 years could walk away and owe nothing, how many more loans would end in default? Marriage is the only legal contract, that our system does not enforce. I find it amusing that so many of our southern and western neighbors, are all focused of taking away abortion rights, but still make it easy for a woman to break her marriage contract, and then take 75% of her husbands assets. However, I never hear a peep from anyone, on trying to make marriage “ great again” . Kinda funny, when you think about it... 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. I think this was the only way, this story could end. Based on the wife’s reaction( screwing 3 guys at a swingers event) it us very apparent she was unhappy with her life, and was going to do what she wanted. I am sure she was sorry when caught, but the brazen acts almost guaranteed she would be back at it, sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved it. 5 stars! ( Who are you, and what have you done, to Ohio?)

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

Good analysis anon. Story was pretty good. The wife was pretty bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ohio set this up so divorce is the only real option. This wasn't a one time slip with immediate confession, etc. It wasn't even a short affair. He's looking at bad, bad stuff.

Yes, the swinging is really bad. Multiple guys in one night. And then the affair for weeks that only ends when she realizes hubby knows.

But the kicker is that hubby had tried hard to go way outside his comfort zone in an effort to make her happy with games. And they had talked extensively about his boundaries. This couldn't possibly be construed as a lack of communication or some confusion. No way she might try to lessen her offense by saying she never realized he would be this hurt. They'd talked extensively. She KNEW. She had no doubt. And she gleefully fucked him over.

Related -- if she loved her husband and wanted to protect her marriage, she would have stopped talking to her friend the snake. She realized that the conversations were damaging her marriage long before she ever cheated. Each one pushed her closer to destruction. And she willingly kept having them.

She cries and wails that she loves him. But she never understood what love really is. And there's no way for him to be sure that she does now.

If he had reconciled, he would have been stuck with a woman who wants to fuck other men. Oh, she would promise and swear that she'd never do it again. She likely wouldn't. But she wants to. And he knows it. And he'd always have to wonder how she'd act, if she really thought that there was no possible way for him to find out ....

Knoxhard

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All good. Unsatisfying bummer, that must be said, but sometimes it's just that way. A good write, however.

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

Finally a story from this author that allowed a man to keep his self respect.

oksideshow859419oksideshow859419over 1 year ago

work on your endings pleases

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

It's a shame Danny didn't seek counseling too. It would have helped him in the future, and maybe even more now.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

He dragged it out, but stayed the course. Good man.

Point of order! Don’t swinger clubs forbid roaming males and females without their partners, as well as dating outside the swinging environment? Maybe I’m just being naive.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

I just have this feeling that if she'd never been caught that eventually she would have cheated again. I have a hard time with idea of forgiving and moving back together after you've been caught. I pretty sure she knew her husband already knew and that's why she confessed. I confess to my little white lies to my wife all the time when I know I'm caught. lol I know my wife lies and she never admits it. I could see my wife cheating on me.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

The circumstances are unforgivable.

The blatant, selfish, disrespect.

Amy and husband escaped unharmed.

THEY seduced her.

She went to 'just watch'. (The bullshit we allow ourselves to be deceived)

Whatever he decided, it would have been justified.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Not really sure what Eileen really thought was going to happen when Danny came to tell her what his decision was.

Obviously her actions of attending a swinger party and then also having an affair were bad enough. But, when Danny finally compels her to confess she tries to get away with only telling part of the truth.

While I'll give her credit for going to counseling and the fact that she finally comprehended the damage she did to their marriage and she took complete responsibility for her actions. She still never came to any real understanding or explanation for why she did what she did other than she was acting like a spoiled brat who was told she couldn't have something she wanted.

Well written and believable story.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I didn’t feel that was a good ending but different, put the cheated husband’s point in clear and easy to see way’s

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

What a truncated conclusion! This one really needed a good epilogue but you as usual Al leave us hanging out with nada. Total sloppy nonsense.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He made the right call….as difficult as it was.

.

IMO there is a lot of validity to the proposition that there is a big difference between a one time “slip”, and a series of “slips”. In this case, had she not continued with her swingfest fuck buddy and her transgression was “only” the fuckfest at the swinger party…..hubby might…MIGHT…have been able to reconcile. But this woman continued to fuck one of the guys for weeks….and only stopped when hubby conducted a campaign to make her feel guilty about it. AND HUBBY WAS COMPLETELY AWARE THAT HER ABANDONMENT OF THE AFFAIR WAS DUE TO HIS ACTIONS TO PROVOKE IT.

.

He really had little choice….as sad and terrible as that choice had to be.

.

5 *****

PBD2022PBD2022over 1 year ago

Cheating with 4 men, an affair, and the disrespect with all that, you took months to decide? Where was the this feeling before started cheating or thinking of it. It is not the cheating a person is sorry about it is the loss of status quo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BRAVO!!!!!!!

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I understand the dilemma. Stay or leave? It seems his main concern is to be left alone. Is that a good enough reason to stay? Staying with someone out of habit, out of fear?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What was it Aretha Franklin sang? "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" When she failed that companionship test, that marriage was over. It just took the spouse a little while to come to terms that he could find that companionship with someone else until he finally did. At that point, she was toast and deservedly so.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I didn't like how short and abrupt the ending was. And he also claimed that he could actually trust her!?!?? Don't get how he came to that conclusion. And if he did feel he could trust her, after all that time he decided not to forgive her? Why did he drag it out for so long?

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

It's a good story, although sad. She ripped up the marriage, and can't expect ever to get back to where it was. If they reunited, he'd always be angry, underneath. The anger would boil up periodically, and probably also in small ways in everyday life. She'd see that and eventually respond in kind. Sooner or later.....they probably leave the unhappy situation, now older and less able to move on. Better to walk. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story sucks ass

jesemmojesemmoover 1 year ago

I've read a number of your stories and in some I was impressed how you created a counseling situation of your ability, but not in this story. I'm surprised that the husband didn't seek help in dealing with his wife's affair and behavior. He's misery could have helped him find a direction instead of the misery he lived with. A good story, but I did not like the ending mainly because he made this decision without a solution.

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

An interesting story until the final scene. I guess the reason I feel disappointed is the MC drew out his decision for months. Throwing her out fpr thst time makes for a nice story line, but…

The fact she accepted it and did everything he could have asked proactively WITHOUT being asked or forced would have been a BIG set of items in her favor in real life. The facts are, unless it was part of a formal separation agreement, he couldn’t deny her the right to live in their community property home. In a divorce her attorny would have been incompetent to at least suggest recompense for her apartment rent fir the month’s before he filed.

In the end I guess I just don’t bur the POV he’s trying to sell. I think he drew it out as long as he could to deliberately punish her ehile trying to oaint himself as a saint and victim, wallowing in his own self pity.

That is why my sympathy shifted to the wife, surprising as that was to me. I fully expect if there were an epilogue that the mc would continue his victimized woe is me feel my pain bs until somebody slaps with a taser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, Eileen then went back to her bedroom and blew her brains out against the wall. The problem wasn't that she cheated on him, the problem was that she continued to cheat on him. If the story indicated that she was grossly remorseful and greatly ashamed after the first time, then there was a possibility that they could have continued with the damaged marriage. Eileen was doing everything right to try to get him back but the damage was too much for him to get passed the disrespect. Good story none the less.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

I was also disappointed with this ending. It feels like you were trying to pull some sort of "change-up" at the end, throwing something non-sequitur at us. We never see how our protagonist comes to the conclusion that he does, and are actually shown that he seems to be considering the opposite. It felt forced. Overall a good story, but an unsatisfactory ending not up to your usual standards.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Realistic ending but the rest of this story still easily fell well within the margins of what I stated in the previous chapter.

You writers need to understand that unless you are aiming for the bottom feeders in the BTB crowd, less is more. Quite literally there is NO emotional impact when the wife fucks more than one guy. Why? Because at that point she has effectively check out of the marriage so her crying and whiny and (cliched and used in nearly every story) when she slumps to the floor sobbing rings patently untrue. If she fucked one dude, then yes, there could be a realistic emotional hit coming, but few of you do that. You prefer to go for the full on outrage at the "slut" and therefore prefer the lazy writing aimed for those bottom feeders.

So while this ended realistically, as far as their marriage goes, her emotional desperation rings hollow as do her tears. So quite frankly, you arent, or werent as good a writer as some wish to make you out to be. Decent is what you are at best or were. Sadly few will learn any lessons from this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I went from the last Ohio story where I was pissed at that reconciliation at the end to this one that I was hoping for a reconciliation & didn’t get it. I can’t figure out how my mind decides which way I’d like the story to end.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seems quite realistic. And it is his own personal decision. And she couldn't do much more than go back in time and unfuck herself. So just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A shame a good well told story but once again another great marriage ruined by her wanting a bit of strange I can relate to him as I to took back a cheating wife (2 of them) BUT it was never really the same The distrust is always there Keep writing mate (jaybee186)

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

A tough choice, some say it was an easy choice, but if you have any analytical skills whatsoever, you would know this situation was awful and the outcome/decision would be different for each person. He did what I would have done and wasn’t mean about it. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good story. Congratulations

Ocker53Ocker53almost 2 years ago

This is believable, excellent story, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MasterKoteMasterKotealmost 2 years ago

I think this seems more realistic than others... With that, I mean he did a lot of soul searching and couldn't live with it. Hell, I don't think most spouses would. There's just some things u cant go back on. Ppl say he made her suffer, well what about him? He was taking his time on how to proceed and I'm sure he thought of all possible scenarios, especially after being together that long. At least he considered all possible outcomes whereas she barely hesitated to cheat.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

I find it hard to understand why it took so much soul searching to dump the cheater. 1. She seem to need a whole lot of stimulation to make love with him. 2. He made it very clear that he had no interest in swinging. 3. The affair wasn't just an impulsive action. 4. He is a "that's final type of guy who loves to "dick around and over" people. His moral high ground action was counter intuitive to his actions…like him being a dick. He teased his daughter with the lamest of sentences "I can't discuss it with you and then teases around the edges. Cheater was wrong, however if she thought for a couple of minutes and didn't let inertia rule her life, she would have told him to move on and fuck you it's my house too.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Games people play make more than winners and losers, they tear the fabric of the universe apart. Thanks for your writing g.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Being in a similar position the worst for me was that my now ex-wife allowed others to have their tongue down her throat, hands all over her and be in her. That is what I could not get over, that and she thought she had done nothing really wrong. The other thing was that she would not tell me much. I could not even drag it out of her. She behaved like an eight year old. I done something and you only find out how bad it is when/if you can get them to inform you what they had actually done. Due to that lot I found I could not touch her, well except with a pair of long handled tongs or a full bio hazard suite. She also did not like that I told her that she was a filthy and disgusting persons for which she blamed me for. Hence she is my ex after over 25 years of marriage. it was nearer 30 years as she dragged the divorce out for 3.5 years. Why, she would not talk to me so the solicitors bills were through the roof.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

I felt terribly disappointed in the coda. It was too abrupt, too impersonal. After three chapters, it feels like you just gave up on the story. The MC puts all this energy into torturing the wife at first and then punks out on the leaving her. I suppose we're to assume that talking to two women convinces him he's some sort of a chick magnet but it's a stretch.

Naw! Bad finish to a dragged out story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A solid man who made a command decision to take his life back. That God he didn't fall into the trap of letting his loneliness, and fear of being alone going foreward-tge true reason for his hesitancy to divorce her-weaken his resolve.

His analysis as to why he had to leave was concrete reality made manifest.

Eileen, for all her efforts, for which should get credit, woukd forever be the unconscious source of suspicion and fear in his mind;there is no way back from that and thus every reason to walk away.

Two points. First, in all these stories there is a constant refrain,"I still love he." This is not true. What is loved is the image and memory of the girl he once knew and loved. The current manifestation is a women, if he were getting to know her for the first time and knew about her past behavior, is likely someone he walk away from immediately; what man wants THAT risk hanging in front of a future relationship? Hence, "I still love her",is misapphrnsion of reality compounded by fear of loneliness. At the end he realized this.

The Japanese have a saying. "Who must do difficult things? He who can". Nothing in that ensures ease of decision. It takes courage to make that and assume the responsibility for the choice;hence my commend of command decision.

Last, he, and all the men in these stories, need immediate counseling to help gain objective clarity of the emotional trauma to help them clarify there perception of the event and then find a clear and constructive path foreward that is best for THEM. At that point THEIR needs outweighs all, and I do mean all, other concerns.

None of this is easy or without pain. That's just the way it is. The SEAL moto, There is no easy day", encapsulates late this fully. Take responsibility for yourself to accept the reality of the situation then move foreward to win through regardless of the pain and suffering required. Those that do so come out the end stonger than they ever knew possible and can handle any future adversity with more clarity, purpose and success.

He is a courageous man who, in this midst of great pain, made the right call. This is a man to respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, but the long way around the barn for a 10 minute, "I'm divorcing you" ending. If he was really that conflicted some more in-depth interaction between the two of them could have been helpful. Still, nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What you wrote was good and carefully planned and worked well. I do feel it needed more. People fuck up bad sometimes, we can't help it. I'm not saying Shes not guilty, but Hes too much of a hard ass to see how Shes reformed. Our daughter pointed that fact out to me and yes I let her back into the house and my heart, know what? they were right, and we lived a happy life until she passed over 3 years ago, I'm so glad we got back together and led our lives well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written but one dimensional, predictable and rather dull. No twists and turns, no hidden relavations, no intrigue, no sudden shocks. Much ado about nothing - methinks.

LA

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

I thought the ending was rushed and not well thought out. He recognized that counseling might have helped her but he never tried to do marriage counseling to figure out how to regain trust. To abrupt.

MeAReader2MeAReader2about 2 years ago

Loved the ending. Couldn’t see how he could take her back. Well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Been there, done that and got the T shirt. Well written

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very painful… but she did it to their marriage. A lesson has to be learned. Too bad. Maybe in a year or two they could become friends… then maybe more. Who knows. Thank-you this one was written very well.

Rocky210Rocky210over 2 years ago

Painful, but very well written. It's so sad that we can get so caught up in what we want that we completely forget about what our actions can do to those we love. I agree that there are some things that we just can'nt get past. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous