All Comments on 'Her Fairy-Tale Life'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 362 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Darn good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank you for your efforts...absolute perfect...touches every chord at the right moment

SkiingphotogSkiingphotogabout 1 month ago

Stupid dust making my eyes water...

This story was delightful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Arguably too long but wholly delightful.

roveroneroveroneabout 2 months ago

Skipped ahead from page 14 to here, after my-either 2nd? or 3rd re-read...

she's SO obstinate thinking he doesn't really love her...drives me nuts, even tho I know it all comes out OK in end...

had forgotten all about the junkie and the brothers trying to get 'lost' after 'mom' tried to whack her own stepdaughter-LOVED Hannah putting Elena in her place, finally...! that comment about dropping her in a hole...!

the organisation you must have marshalled to pull all the many threads together-probably the most complex I've ever read in Lit...really really impressive Ellie!

-surprised my fave is unchecked-will re-check, don't think I can re-vote my 5 stars again

...the first time they finally 'did it' Pg 10...so so good

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This story... nay... fable is definitely in the top two stories I've read here. I'm going to make it a point to re-read this story several times not just for the pleasure of the fable but to add another 5 stars each time I read it.

BRAVO! Xelliebabex! I might have to actually become a member so I can make you a favorite author. Thank you!!

BabalooieBabalooie3 months ago

Sweet!!!! Five big ones.

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

A very wonderful story. A very beautiful story. And a very romantic story in a slightly disjointed way.

Poor Maggie just couldn’t believe what she was getting into. Always trying to believe the worst and finding only Kaeden’s love instead. I got so frustrated at her, I just wanted to get a 2X4 get her attention. But as the saying goes, true love conquers all.

It wasn’t until the very end, that everything finally came together. Obstinate till the very end.

I loved this story, I even lost almost a whole night of sleep because I couldn’t put it down. I made the mistake of starting it before I went to bed.

It looks like I have more to read— during the day. 😉

Take care

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow! I really loved this story!! It was so well written. I couldn’t stop reading it and I will read it multiple times!! It was so well written, with well-developed characters who you came to like and care about!! I couldn’t wait to turn the page but was sad when the pages ended!! Just incredible writing!!

woodrangewoodrange4 months ago

Second read,think it was better this time.this battered old kiwi likes your work

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you for the story. I wish it were less like exaggerated modern-day fairy tale, since I feel it actually takes away from the story, but I guess that was the point with the whole Cinderella thing. Or perhaps it's that I find it tiresome how so many protagonists have to all be rich, beautiful or magnificently exceptional to deserve or gain happiness, or suffer some incredibly bad luck or woes they need saving from.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

Yes absolutely anumber one, a winner ….. just wonderful ….. yes family and betrayal, this is breaking trust monumental and repairing is out of order …. Luckily Magnolia got the perfect match at a perfect time, a falling angel …. This tale the characters the business just everything was well painted and thank you for sharing this lovely tale …. 🙏

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Personally I feel it was harassment and being overbearing. The problem is persons that are like that do not see it for themselves and thus it continues on. Such persons cannot take no for an answer and I have met many such persons and then the get really uptight when someone tries to put them in their place simply by saying no. I have seen films with persons such as this in them and I have to stop watching them as I end up getting angry at the person. A lot of the 'Loving Wives' stories have this sort of person in them when they relentlessly pursue some ones wife and turns them. Just because this is story under 'Romance' does not change that type of person and everyone goes ahhhhh. There is an old saying marry in haste, repent at leisure. There are some very good 'Romance' stories on this site but as I say personally this one I cannot read this one again. That said, I am glad some like it but I know I would not be able to get on with these types as friends.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was my first read of this story. it is brilliant! A well crafted story with excellent character development and dialogue. This is worthy of being submitted to the screen writers guild. It could be serialized for TV. I would urge you to hire a literary agent. This story deserves recognition much wider than here.

Whitley4343Whitley43435 months ago

You are an amazing writer. Your stories are so full, so engrossing. Great job once again!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very satisfying. Took STAMINA as a reader ! Obviously 5 stars !

AlexFourwaysAlexFourways5 months ago

Not sure where the last Anonymous is coming from. This is a romance where Kaeden falls in love with Maggie because she is everything that the 'underfed' women were not. Maggie took longer to realise her love and his genuine affection. I note the objections, but a) this is fiction: b) there is a lot of undocumented conversations that fill the gaps: c) what was he supposed to do in response to the no? Walk away and leave her to the machinations of ther step family?: d) short courtship - my wife and I were certain after 6 days and would have married immediately if such a thing were possible. Happily married for 30+years.

I find some comments are like people watching the Las Vegas Grand Prix and complaining that the cars were breaking the speed limit for the roads.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

If this story was set in a company Kaeden would be had up for sexual harassment. He just cannot leave Maggie alone and he is always in her face. Maggie seems to have mental health issues or trauma from her childhood and teenage years and although she says no, she does not have the will power to follow it through so she is taken advantage of. She also seems to get palmed off on some well dodgy clothes to wear. This is not a fairy tale its a nightmare in sheep's clothing. The other thing I don't understand is the short length of the courtship and marriage. She was railroaded down the isle. There is a saying 'Mary In Haste, Repent At Leisure' and I feel this is related in this story. This is based in the real world not some Disney cartoon fantasy. Unsure if the style of the story reflects how the writer lives, but if it is, I would want to stay well clear of them especially for ladies. There are far better Romance stories that this on this website where the lady is is far morally respected and does not jump into bed almost as the first introduction. Good plot but the delivery could have been far softer on the human interactions between Kaeden and Maggie. This story could be used for abuse victims in how to look out for predators. I know people that have had similar done to them, so I am hyper on things like this.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just finished page 9 and unsure if I will l go on. Kaeden is a stalker and Maggie is far too vulnerable. And then suddenly they are talking marriage, give me a break. I am almost seething with anger on how this is written. If I was Maggie I would have kneed in the genitals and told him to back off. This may be a fairy tale but I find it some what gruesome. No stars. OK -5 stars. Oh yes I am sure it will all hunky dory as fairy tails do but the in your face romance is dreadful.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap6 months ago

Sometimes it's hard to believe that it really is love.

And if someone doesn't consider him-/herself worthy of love, it's often hard to convince him/her otherwise - I know, I've tried!

An all-round well written story, coherent in every detail !

Love it !

As others have already mentioned: 5/5 stars are definitely not enough !

jwoodiejwoodie6 months ago

Excellent! 5 stars! A few spelling errors and way too many apostrophes, but they didn't harm the overall romantic story. Well done.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

Great story! I like longer ones like this so it was right up my alley. I do wish there was an epilogue though... how did Alecks' trial turn out? Did Elena ever get her comeuppance? What changes did Kaeden and Maggie make to the farm? Did they start a family of their own? So many questions left unanswered! I'd take away half a star for the lack of an epilogue (and subsequent lack of real closure!) but since I can't I'll just have to round up to five stars anyway.

grumpydopegrumpydope7 months ago

Loved it. Very well written with a simple plot and dialog to keep it engaging, interesting and funny. Well worth reading. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved it! Thanks for this beautiful love story.

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

I've read some of the comments, so I will add mine. I enjoyed reading this. If anything, you could easily write another complete story, which I would read and enjoy. I loved all the threads you built and how you drew them all together. Fantastic read. She deserved her happy ending and her prince.

Sordid999Sordid9998 months ago

Holy hell there is so much wrong here. I enjoyed a lot of it but some glaring thing just don't make sense.

I get that this is set in Australia. Are Australians OK with step brothers taking advantage of their step sisters when they are vulnerable? The guy had sex with his sister immediately after her father's death, and suffered no social consequences? Nope. Everyone looked down on the girl for it.

Even worse, the ruthless mother bear who supposedly fiercley protects her children goes to the evil woman who tried to have her son's true love killed. She has evidence of it. She has all of the power over this broken woman. Her solution? "Here's some cash mate. Please don't do it again lol." It doesn't make sense. And I hate it when bad guys get away with evil stuff due to bad decisions on the part of good characters.

With that laid out, I don't even have to mention the whole scene at the engagement party where the protagonist was assaulted, disrespected and abducted and no one did anything about it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I do not generally enjoy “romance” stories; but did this one. The mixture of a sting, independent, female lead and a matching male lead made it worth it. The story flowed well. The events were unexpected. The background characters made more vested in the outcome than is traditional in this genre. I really did enjoy the overall mixture of characters and events. Well done!

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel9 months ago

Speaking of anonymous commenters, about a week ago I reported the following comment from an anonymous poster:

.

After Alecks fucked the dumb cunt Maggie, she is in her own world letting Alecks and step mummy use and abuse her!!

Maggie is a stupid CUNT.....an embarrassment to farm gurls

-- anonymous

.

I did so because the comment seemed gratuitously vulgar as well as insulting to readers and the author. From what I have read concerning literotica's policy concerning the content of comments, the comment in question, and a few other comments, violated these policies and should be removed.

.

I find it disappointing that the comment I reported has not been removed and that no explanation has been forthcoming as to how the decision to allow it to remain was made. Most who comment here are extremely respectful and it is indeedcunfortunate that the comments from those who are less than respectful are not more closely reviewed

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel9 months ago

"Did read most of the first page, but when she said he was "beautiful" just quit reading because next observation would be "My god, he has a ten (10) in dick!"

-- Anonymous Poster

I have to laugh at comments such as the one quoted here. Not only is there no place on the first page where Maggie "said he was 'beautiful'", but there was no reference in the story to his "ten (10) in dick". --

Readers can read or not read stories for any reason they wish of course, but when they comment on their reasons for passing on a story, it is interesting, and indeed rather humorous to stumble upon explanations such as this one. 😏

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Did read most of the first page, but when she said he was "beautiful" just quit reading because next observation would be "My god, he has a ten (10) in dick!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loads more stars than the 5 we’re allowed to give it’s fantastic got carried away with the whole thing it would have been good to find out what happened to the evils tho but thank u for great story

PurplefizzPurplefizz10 months ago

So exceedingly good, I’ve read this previously prior to joining Lit, it lost nothing in the rereading at all, although tbh I had forgotten an awful lot, it also made a nice change to be reading something not set in the USA and to get the references without having to look them up constantly, given that a lot of humour and slang etc is common between the U.K., Australia and NZ, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ditto to 10 Stars, I love this story every time I read it, lovely ending too. It's got of that he finally got her to understand that he truly loves her and helped her get out from under the mind-fracking the step-monster put on her.

MountainMan1336MountainMan133611 months ago

Damn....This story is well worth 10 stars but I am only allowed to give it 5. I loved the whole story and wish there was more to it. Very well written and very believable characters. As an American I did have to look a few things up on Google to understand what was being said, but all in all I can find no fault with any part of this tale. Great job!!!!

Oseafe090Oseafe09011 months ago

This should be published. I'd buy a book, of this quality.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
It's a beautiful story

5 stars Ellie.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Beyond enjoyed this story had to try not cry during it while at work such a lovely ending🥰

Mistress_TessaMistress_Tessa11 months ago

Wow, I am Gob Smacked! I laughed, I cried and so enjoyed this story. It sucked me in and wouldn't let go until I finished it. Only funny thing was the misspelling of "groyne" which I think should have been groin. Laughed every time I saw it. Pretty Please write more!

ZephyrwhirlZephyrwhirl11 months ago

This was simply a WOW. There was so much put into this story. Too many superlatives to list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Three Anonymous rants that miss the reality of the situation. Maggie was young, lost her parents, trusted her stepmother-because why wouldn't she-was seduced by her horny stepbrother who she loved, then believed all of Elena's lies as she manipulated her into those terrible contracts. Up until Kaeden, she had no reason to think that she was being lied to. Someone who was a professional and had been trusted by her father to care for her was abusing that trust for her own gains. Once Maggie came to terms with it, she did stand up to Elena and Alecks and Ruslan individually. And for someone who has been verbally abused for years by people who she trusted to love and care for her, it is common for them to internalize the negative comments and believe them as truth. It takes much more than one night of compliments to silence the negative voices playing in the back of your mind. So yes, stubborn Maggie because she had to be in order to salvage the flower farm, but not stupid, just uninformed. She's not an embarrassment to anyone, she single-handedly saved the farm through her hard work and dedication. The only unrealistic thing that I saw was the premise, rich single handsome kind man crashes into poor beautiful hurt woman's world and love commences. I'm willing to ignore that being unrealistic as otherwise there's no story and all romance is fantasy anyway-with love and happiness as the payoff. There were some grammatical errors, but nothing so serious that it took me out of the story. Well written, lovable and fallible characters, and a lot of thought into the ups and downs of the courtship. Excellent work, no matter what the haters say.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 1 year ago

WOW!!! My god how could one NOT LOVE THIS STORY!! Perfect in my mind. KUDOS BIG TIME!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a wonderful love story!

WetmartinisWetmartinisabout 1 year ago

Two trolls, I can see. Tiresome. What is this urge to scream your displeasure?

It is a good romance. Of course the players are somewhat too good to be true, but is isn't that romance is about? Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After 19 pages of drama you could have had a better ending, not one so abrupt!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After Alecks fucked the dumb cunt Maggie, she is in her own world letting Alecks and step mummy use and abuse her!!

Maggie is a stupid CUNT.....an embarrassment to farm gurls

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

19 pages of a stubborn arrogant and stupid Maggie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maggie is a fucking stupid bitch.....in her interactions with her step family she is so pathetic...she needs to grow a pair

DaveMustStaintTheSheetsDaveMustStaintTheSheetsabout 1 year ago

Awesome tear jerker. Thank you.

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

You kept me up 2.5 hours past my bedtime. This is a truly heartwarming tale. I have read more category romance novels (especially Harlequin) than any other guy I have ever met. (I am estimating about 200-300 over the last 35 years.) This is as good as any professional novel I have read, and better than many. It truly touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is a nice story, I wish people would like Kaeden family would exist real life. They would exist but time change best of them

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh come on! That is it? I want more more MORE! What a fantastic read, a beautiful take on the Cinderella story, loved every minute of it. Just fantastic!

Thank you so much for this wonderful story

sg1010sg1010over 1 year ago

W O W ! Yes, it was long, but I did have trouble walking away from reading it, even for short periods of time. I went through a range of emotions, BUT it was All Good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, You are a Master of Your Craft !

THANK YOU !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for your wonderful story 5 stars.gpa

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Incredible. One of the best.

THANK YOU

Cal59Cal59over 1 year ago

Outstanding, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best story I’ve read here so far, and I’ve been reading them here about 5 years.

Rapier875Rapier875over 1 year ago

Perfect ending to a beautiful story.

What else needs to be said ?

Rapier

drseaknightdrseaknightover 1 year ago

This is wonderful, romantic, frightening and a lyric journey with lots of heart and soul. I happen to be the son of the actress who played Cinderella's step sister in the Disney movie. I love your retelling of the tale with so much more drama and modern insights. This story has been my companion for a week, while I enjoyed and marveled at each twist and turn. Beautifully done. Bravo!

Durken82Durken82over 1 year ago

Great story. I couldn’t put it down. I had to finish it despite everything else going on around me. I love happy endings.

GreenTreeFrogGreenTreeFrogover 1 year ago

Couldn’t put it down. The perfect blend of heartache, hopelessness, dreams and love.

Wombat63Wombat63over 1 year ago

Fantastic story and great reading a story set around my home.

Thanks for a great read.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I read this story over two years ago, almost a year after my wife passed. I can se why he young lady has suchan inferiority complex what wit the step mother and her son. Truly a cinderella story and a happy ending because of the ove of good man and his family. Tears and smiles came with the reading of this tale. Excellent writing.

dbsidedbsideover 1 year ago

My top 5 & ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

...and they lived Happily Ever After!

Has Disney read this? 🤗

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Wonderful love story, i bet that they have a long and happy marriage. It left me feeing happy and warm

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

I feel that this is one of the best love stories on Lit. I especially loved Kaden’s family and how close they were to each other and how they treated Maggie as one of their own. Family truly comes first! Thank you for the time and effort you placed in writing this “happily ever after” story.

- Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outrageous. Incredibly good. Terrific story, outstanding characters, the best thing I've read here, and the best thing I've read in a long while period. You're a wonderful author. Your story gets the most enthusiastic 5 Stars I've ever given here, by far and away. I truly can't say enough, other than I'm about to go back to the beginning and start over. Thank you and I wish you all the best, and hope to read more of your work sometime. Congratulations.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

Just wiping some tears from my eyes.

I'm not much of a fan of Cinderella stories, but the strong women in this version truly caught me up in the story.

Would have liked to see the women characters just a bit stronger, but I'm quibbling here. This story definitely gets 5 🌟's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the music you included in the story. It adds a nice touch to have them playing in the background as I continue reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Made me tear up!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read a lot of your stories. The thing I enjoy most is the inclusion of the families and the sibling relationships. Not having any of my own, I get such delight from your writing about them. Well done!

littleone35littleone35over 1 year ago

Fantastic love story a great read

wardnuke1968wardnuke1968over 1 year ago

Outstanding read. This one goes into my “Outstanding Reads” favorite list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best

Moxie_KilljoyMoxie_Killjoyover 1 year ago

Amazing, just completely amazing. This is by far the best story I have read on this site and agree, it needs to be a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best story I've read on this site, thank you!!!!

tony9inchtony9inchover 1 year ago

Wow! I mean wow. what a story, 19 Pages.

And I didn't even realise it.

Beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story is amazing. I'm at a loss for words, except to say Thank You for this gift.

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesalmost 2 years ago

This is an exceptionally well thought out and written adaptation of Cinderella! Definitely worth 5 stars, if not 10.

I agree with the Anonymous poster that this should be mode into a movie. I was thinking that from about the midway point.

Love the story and I am sure I will be re-reading it again in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I also loved this story. And I was surprised at the detail and depth that you included. Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story! I was sad to hear that someone stole your work and sold it on the internet. That seems to happen a lot to the gifted writers on this site. Take Care

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent work this should be made into a movie thank you for writing it

WakeupnowWakeupnowalmost 2 years ago

Bravo! Please tell us you are writing a romantic novel. This story was excellent!

apollo_XIapollo_XIalmost 2 years ago

I have read this story time and time again, and it never loses its charm, romance and intrigue. Truly one of the best stories on this site. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such an incredible story of treachery, angst, heartache, family, and love and written so beautifully. The story was truly fairytale and done to perfection. The way that Claire stepped in between Ruslan and Maggie without even thinking of the possible consequences was brilliant when it was matched with how she went into shock after the fact which completely upped the realism of this story but also showed how far this family is willing to go to take care of each other. Thank you for giving me the honor of reading and taking the emotional beating that this story created. I loved every minute of it and wouldn’t have traded it for anything.

J.D.

golasgilgolasgilalmost 2 years ago

It's 2am! Damn you for writing such a good story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Long but good story, worth to read. 5 stars

AkilaraAkilaraalmost 2 years ago

When I was very young, and it was a long time ago, I saw the movie Cinderella in the cinema.

And now many years later I read this beautiful story of the Cinderella of our days - Maggie.

A wonderful idea to transfer this story to our time. And I had a lot of fun reading it.

With kind regards in gratitude from Germany.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

WOW! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story...Loved it

TangomoreTangomorealmost 2 years ago

Just marvelous writing. Fantastic characters. I wish there was more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed every pages... 5 stars.

BeeJay67BeeJay67about 2 years ago

A brilliant take on a classic story. This would make a great movie, it’s got everything. I appreciate the erotica may have to be toned down but this is a wonderfully thrilling romantic tale that capture an audience. This is quality writing, you should seriously do a sequel and then a screen play covering both.

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 years ago

Excellent. Incredibly well done. Congratulations.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

WOW…Dead solid perfect in every way. You took the Cinderella motif, adapted it to Astralia and did it even better. You created characters so well developed that they came to life and captured our hearts. You are an exceptional author writing at the highest form.

Exceptional novella. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding story....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok now I need another more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

SIMILAR Stories