All Comments on 'Her First and Last'

by YouDidWhut

Sort by:
  • 87 Comments
Rake456Rake456over 5 years ago
Great start

Crossing my fingers for a happy ending ;)

RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Excellent beginning, I’m completely hooked. Looking forward to the next chapter....

HTW2HTW2over 5 years ago
I’ll be so pissed if somebody dies in this storyline

Love the story so far. I still remember wondering what was going to happen after 9/11 when I was active duty AF

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Another great story underway - five stars

I started to read this and the story pulled me on,

I got to the end of the first page and quickly clicked forward.

As I was about two more paragraphs in, I thought "This is excellent - who wrote this?""

So I went back to the first page to find out.

When I read your name, I smiled.

Then I knew why it was so good.

Nuff said.

Just as good as ever.

Thank you

dwoelfledwoelfleover 5 years ago
Very Good Start

I love the start of this. Look forward to the next chapters.

WordcraftWordcraftover 5 years ago
That Day Still Haunts Me

YDW, Excellent as always! Looking forward to more Chapters.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Very sweet story

It was made all the more poignant by the 9/11 references. Thank you for handling those with respect.

AZTT1AZTT1over 5 years ago
Very sweet

Great story that reads true

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterover 5 years ago
Another great one.

Another great story, or I should say a great start of a story.

My parents talk about the day JFK was killed and how if affected their lives. Like many others here, I remember just sitting down to a cup of coffee before leaving for work when the news flashed about the first plane hitting the tower. God, I have lived and seen such in my fire fighter career that I have become detached to the realities of death. But 9/11 shook me to the core.

Kaereni

rharri69rharri69over 5 years ago
That's where I live

Anderson county native and Clemson grad here. I knew there was a reason that you are one of my favorite authors because there is a familiarity to your writing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
I enjoyed this chapter.

It drew me in nicely. I look for your name and read your stories, but could I ask that you number the first chapter? I thought it was a complete story when I began reading. I look forward to ensuing chapters, but would have preferred to be told up front that this was a multichapter effort. Thanks for writing and posting this story. I will be looking for the rest of it.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
A nice start

Jackie is a strong, multi layered and faceted girl/woman. I look forward to more.*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous

Another great beginning looking forward to further chapters. Five stars.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Lovely little tale

Worth reading. Look forward to next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So that day....

I too watched with horror that day and packed my bags.

You need to get the next chapter out.

I hope they don’t wind up like me and a lot of other Brothers and Sisters.... DD 214; thanks of a great full nation, broke and divorced...

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
More

Okay, you hooked this Big Mouth Bass and now I will be watching for the next chapter. I like the way you have made the indivuals so knowledgeable and likeable to us so far. Thanks for taking us on this journey.

ceedeehceedeehover 5 years ago
Good Story!

I love the name you use for yourself, only at first I hesitated--I expected a hillbilly author who could barely put two sentences together. Well, I was WRONG, and I have read several of your submissions-this one for the second time, and enjoyed all of them! Thank you. I will continue until I have read all of them.

ceedeeh.

dou1t2dou1t2over 5 years ago
I'm hooked, your writing skills are Awesome!

Last week I happened to open the story titled "Lauren", after that I had to red more of your stories. Your descriptions and knowledge of the background stories is excellent. I have since read every other story you have written. Please continue this, I can't wait to read chapter 2!

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story, OooRah! Five stars, wanting another chapter asap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW

This one has the potential to be a really good one. Please keep it a love story and NOT just another fuck story...

Storm113Storm113over 5 years ago
Definitely 5*

Please, please, the sequel soon!! Yes, I'm begging. Really good story! Thank you for your time and work.

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 5 years ago

Delightful depiction of young love! Thank you for writing it.

Van

Joshuad2477sJoshuad2477salmost 5 years ago
Great start

And wish you would post the sequel tomorrow. Just nothing stupid like tragic love lost as he dies in war or have her cheat on him while deployed and they work it out bullshit. As always your stories are refreshing, funny and touching. You wrote about true love and not just using the word love to describe lust and end up having all the guys swapping partners with thier buddies and end up in a big gangbang or orgy. Keep up the good work.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 5 years ago
First rate romance story

How can a girl not fall for a Marine in his dress blues? More than that, there's a lot of romance between these two.

Wanting to read the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Six Months

And still no chapter 2. How disappointing...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More please

Great feel good story.

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
I'M WILLING . . . .

To wait patiently for the next chapter. Life always has a way of jumping up and biting us in the ass, so we have to stop and deal with it. I've read every one of YDW's stories at least twice. This story is probably taking longer because 9/11 is still painful. I'm willing to wait for the rest of the story.

I remember where I was on 9/11, I was at work at the one of the nations largest wireless telecomms. We didn't get any work done that morning because someone found a TV in a server room and brought it out and turned it on. When the first tower collapsed, I turned the TV off because I knew the networks would show it over and over. I wasn't going to watch people die over and over, because that's what was happening. When ever a coworker went to the TV to turn it back on, I asked if they were that eager to watch people die. It wasn't just debris falling to the ground.

For the next three months, I worked 16-18 hours a day moving and restoring circuits. I got to know several of my counterparts who worked in NYC offices at other telecomms. Everyone of them lost someone when the towers collapsed.

So, take your time YDW, I know it will be well worth the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great start chapter 2?

Soon hopefully keep it going

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 4 years ago
You've got to pick this storyline up again!

You were off to a really great start here. It's a shame that you haven't continued with this story yet.

I'm holding out hope that you still plan on doing so. Please ^^

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Very Good Start

It’s been a while but I’m still hoping the author will come back to this story and finish it. I certainly enjoyed the first chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good story

Please complete

Tango Yankee

SS1969

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You are a very good writer. PLEASE finish the story.

GregJohnson1958GregJohnson1958over 4 years ago
Please continue

I made the mistake of not checking the comments before reading. Will this just be another unfinished story on lit?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
When?

A Marine wants to read the end of this great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
OH MY GOODNESS! 5 stars

You must finish this story, it's so good. I was in the military on 9/11 and knew the world had changed and not for the good. I Was deployed to work as an ICU Nurse to Germany, then to Iraq 2x before I retired with 20 years service.

10sguy10sguyabout 4 years ago
Please Finish!

I have really enjoyed your first chapter of this story. Please finish it for all us hopeful romantics out here. Thanks.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 4 years ago

Please finish this story

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Another in the Win column

This story is such a pleasure to read, it's light hearted with young love and yet has a somber side with the actual tragedy that took the lives of so many innocent victims. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
9_11

I remember the day.

I also remember how so many paid so much afterwards.

Silly really.

All that was needed was to nuke Mecca.

And most likely,

Saudi Arabia.

The ones that pay rolled it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Romantic

Looking out for following chapter (s)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Please give us a second or final chapter.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Incomplete

You indicated there would be a continuation. That was almost 2 years ago. Good story so far. 1* until complete.

ghostfire319ghostfire319over 3 years ago
Tired of waiting

Your readers are ready for the second and/or final chapter of this story. Great read with a 5 star review.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The one thing SOL does better than here is mark incomplete so I don't waste my time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Need to complete the story

This story needs more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
So Far, So Good

Great story so far. Please finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I completely agree with others, great start but needs finishing. Was dissappointted when there was no follow thru.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Where

Where is the next part?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Am I the only one that has noticed...

Has no one else noticed that the author has posted nothing since January 6, 2019?

To me that means we've lost another good one.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

No, I had not noticed that. Nothing in the bio. I hope you're wrong, but.........

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago
Yes, I Did

The very first things I do is look at the bio and their list of favorites, one can frequently learn a lot there. Not happy at all, hope bad things haven't happened to good people here. Maybe an email is in order? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not too many times I read a story located in my home state and in Anderson County to boot.

Really need a part 2 or more. Don't kill him off, give them both a happy ending. AC in SC.

Bdf44Bdf44over 2 years ago

Good story...need to continue it. Really enjoy the characters.

USMCVetUSMCVetover 2 years ago

5, but it’s obvious after 3 years there will be no ending.

Radomir1Radomir1about 2 years ago

Peas is the beginning.

But only the beginning.

There hasn't been a sequel in over four years.

And for more than 3 years there are no new stories by the author.

Hello YDW, are you still there?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is there a continuation?Hooked by the 4th paragraph

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Been 3 god-damned years! Do you plan on doing a sequel at all ?!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good start on what could be a very nice story. Dunno what’s happened to YDW but it’s too bad he never added to this one. Coulda been, shoulda been….

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Ahh hopefully YDW sabbatical will end and we will get the rest of the story.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

I wasn't going to give feed back infact I started to read a differnt story I came back to say that this was a ten plus story even though five is all we can give . still I only gave it a 3 for the fact that is is unfinshed and very disapointing for no being finshed .

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 1 year ago

Still waiting for part two. Will you ever finish it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What do I think of the story? It is not a story, barely a beginning. What happened? If you are not continuing I suggest to remove rather than letting readers hang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a sweet story!

This one made my heart smile!

Oh, nearly forgot...

FTDS!!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,but as it doesn't look like getting finished it should be removed.There are far too many unfinished stories on Literotica and they should be removed to stop people wasting time reading them.

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

I agree with Nitpick. You should remove this story or finish it.

USMCVetUSMCVetabout 1 year ago

Was not continued….

dgfergiedgfergie12 months ago

Nice story, but, no continuation? You need to have him go to war and come back to his bride................

LmjweLmjwe12 months ago

Hey guys I agree But if you all will notice the dates on his stories he hasn't written anything since 2018, something may if happened!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

Good little story about young love, and or discovering love. To "NitPik" grow up and use your imagination about how the next 50-60 years of their life went. Jeez, use your brain.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

All the people commenting that the author should either delete the story or finish need to grow up

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

Been there, done that, and love this story. Matt a young Marine and me Nat Guard but it all smells the same when the shit hits the fan. Gen Schwarzkopf said he needed some armor-fixing grease monkeys in Iraq so the "Fickle Finger" plucked my young butt from my gas station job and offered me a banana.......

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

TO BE CONTINUED??? WHEN???? I have really enjoyed this story and I really want to read more! ! !

Aussie1951Aussie195110 months ago
Good storyline so far

But I too ask, then are the next chapters coming. Get your fucking arse into gear and finish this story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ this may give you some INSPIRATION to do so…

vanyevanye9 months ago

A shame we never got the following parts, but thank you.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

excellent. along with Bandit and Who Knew this is one of your better stories. Thanks.

No1_OfConsequenceNo1_OfConsequence8 months ago

I entered the Delayed Entry Program in April of 2001. I vividly remember the phone call from my mother telling me to turn on the TV, that a plane had hit one of the Twin Towers. I expected to see a Cessna tail sticking out of a couple of windows, not a building on fire. I watched the second impact live.

I deployed to Iraq in 2004-5.

Great story, I hope you get the opportunity to finish it someday.

shadrachtshadracht8 months ago

A great start to a lovely romance. It is a shame it was never completed.

Crazy_papaCrazy_papa6 months ago

Excellent story! Needs a conclusion!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why was it not "continued???"

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Please finish this

StrictThursdayStrictThursday5 months ago

I wish I could give a provisional five stars for if and when it's ever completed, but alas, it's great even in tragically truncated form.

USMCVetUSMCVet4 months ago

Another unfinished, won’t be finished, story.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 months ago

Why do so many people want everything spelt out in minute detail? Can't they use their own imaginations?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sure wished you would have finished the story with another chapter or two!!!

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 1 month ago

I really liked that, good one!

Femdomlover01Femdomlover01about 1 month ago

Yes Dessertman, we all have imaginations, and we are all quite capable of using them. I hope this answers your question.

Now, Dessertman, I have a question for you. Since we all have our own imaginations, why do we bother to come here? I'll give you the answer since maybe you don't know. Answer; we come here because we want to enjoy the product of someone else's imagination. But it's damned frustrating to invest our time and interest into someone else's imagination only to find it just stops at some random point.

The amount of unfinished, abandoned, stories here on Lit. is so great that, as much as I hate knowing the ending before I get there, I've started checking to see if a story appears to have an ending before I go more than a few paragraphs in because I don't want to be left hanging.

Since we are asking questions here, I've got a much better one, although I fear it is unanswerable. What happens to some of the really great authors on Lit., like, for example, YouDidWhut here, who write some very good stories and then just disappear in the middle of one, or more, never to be heard from again? We may never know, but it sure is a shame!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYouDidWhut@YouDidWhut
Every god and every demon, every heaven and every hell is inside you. Hey everyone. My 20th story posted today and I wanted to say thanks because it’s been a while since I said thank you for following along. So, thank you. It means more to me than you will ever know. Thank...

SIMILAR Stories