All Comments on 'Her One Indiscretion'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
chrissycamorechrissycamoreover 4 years ago
Fantastic

As always Carey enjoy your writing immensely and cannot wait for more! You have been a favorite author of mine for a long long time. cg

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

i really hope too see more of them in the future!!!!

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesover 4 years ago
Again, you set the bar higher for the rest us

Oh Carey, so well done! I loved the story of Fiona and Marlo. And getting to see married RJ and Ellie! The thick sweet frosting on the cake!

Thank you

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Jacinta's wisdom

Welcome home, Carey---it's great to see a new story from you. The trouble is, you've done me a favour or disfavour, I'm not sure which, in that I'm going to have to make time to read all of your tales again from scratch. Anyway, this story could easily been called Jacinta's Wisdom (or Mona's or Gideon's)---they were the ones with the perspicacity to see what needed to be done between Marlo and Fiona. So pleased to have you back with us. Not so long next time, please.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 4 years ago
Welcome back

This story was really good, up to your usual high standards. Love the lots of buildup, character driven stories, and you always deliver on those. Then there's the sexy as hell love scene at the end. I was very happy to see your name come up after all this time. You have been on my favorite authors list since your first story on here.

Please don't make us wait another year before we can read something by you again.

As always, thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Harleytt0706Harleytt0706over 4 years ago
As Always

Now you will haveto let us know how they do together, you do an absolutely amazing job of letting the reader get to know the characters as they develop. It seems as though we know them. Just really really great writing. Please keep them going.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
An adorable story

Thought I just knew they’d get together, you really pulled at my heartstrings. This was so wonderful. An erotic and moving love story. Thank you.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 4 years ago
Missed you, but not anymore

Another wonderful Carey Thomas tale. From the previous comments posted your fans and I have missed you, I’m so glad you posted again. Your are the masteress of the beautiful buildup. Can’t wait to read the story simmering for Alice. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Another wonderful story!

I really love reading your stories, and can't wait for the next one. Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
very nice

very not-believable.

Like a fairy tale.

But nice anyways :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

there are real moments of joy when i read your stories so happy you still write best wishes shayne

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Read

Thoroughly enjoyable read ,I was in turmoil with mention of RJ thinking she had split with Lauren but they fitted into this story well, love Happy endings

Clouded_yellowClouded_yellowover 4 years ago
Simply superb!

As usual, a brilliant and compelling story. Please never stop writing, EVER!!

Maddie624Maddie624over 4 years ago

There are no words that can accurately convey how happy I am that you have returned! No. Words.

You are the best. G.O.A.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wonderful

when i saw careythomas was the author i didnt think twice about reading it.. and as always it was a great read. thanks alot for sharing! hoping for more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Welcome back!

Thank goodness you’re back Carey! A fantastic story as always. I loved it from start to finish. If I had one tiny criticism it would be that it ended too soon!! I wonder if you’re thinking of adding a second part? 🤔 I still loved the story of Marlo and Fiona. I look forward to your next wonderful tale. Much love and many thanks.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
GIVEN MY VERY UNAUTHOR (is that a word?) LIKE VOCABULARY .........

............ I hope that you will get the idea of what I am trying to convey, even though its basically your own fault for giving us such realistic characters lol.

The first two or so pages almost felt as I was "turning traitor" on Lauren by even reading about RJ`s life pre their marriage, and yes, given the fact that since you are such a great writer, I as a reader get a voyeuristic ringside seat to all of your characters sex lives, I am aware of the irony involved in that statement.

However, as I continued reading and the full story unfolded, it became clear that you are still one of the best writers around.

So sad that in reality, just as happens in fiction, too many people worry more about what others will think of them rather than doing what makes them happy and loved.

clitomatonclitomatonover 4 years ago
I love all your stories!

This is the first one I read, and I immediately started working my way through all the others.

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Great Ending

That was a great ending to a beautiful story but damn you drove me nuts before getting there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incredible Story

This story is fantastic...so good that the erotica wasn't even necessary (but appreciated). You really need to consider compiling these stories together and publish them in an eBook on Kindle. I would certainly buy it.

Harleytt0706Harleytt0706over 4 years ago
Wow!

Hopefully now that you have sharedd these two with is you will keep up to date on how they are doing. I love the way you build the back story before you get to the good stuff so we feel as though we know everyone involved, amazing as always. Please keep writing you have an amazing gift!

amy821amy821over 4 years ago
Story Universe

I am fairly new to this site and i've mostly read the hall of fame stories, i have really enjoyed all of your story series and how the lives of all of your characters intersect at some point or another. It was great seeing a part of your story universe on twitter, i can see a lot of hard work has gone into all of your writing and this story is no exception. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

I love the way you write, all of them especially RJ and Lauren but this one especially has a special place in my heart. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lovely!

Really enjoyed this. Thanks!

eros53eros53over 4 years ago
Outstanding

Just the right proportion of “will if happen” to “thank God it happened!”. Great characters large and small, especially the supporting cast, they were exceptional. Good pace, good timing, good sex scenes when they were needed (and wanted!). Great job all round, thanks for a great story, keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

well done again just re read all your stories again i still get caught up with the characters love this line Jacinta's eyes turned steely, "Then we have the wrong PR folks." well done again best wishes shayne

FriskyMindFriskyMindabout 4 years ago
I so hope

They live to be 100. So much lost time! As much as I wanted to smack them both along the way, their plight made sense. It was just frustrating. I expected a happy ending but got to the end ASAP to make sure! I’ve read two of your stories now and I’m debating if I want to read the rest immediately or take my time since there aren’t nearly enough. I sincerely hope you continue to write here. The first I read was the “ghost” story. Having lost the love of my life after 16 years together, it hit me between the eyes. I understood Cal all too well. Lovely story.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

I have just read this story and really enjoyed this story and hope we get next instalment when they get married and what the tabloids print about the two ladies when they married it was great to see them show there love for each other thank you careythomas.xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
And another one

Love all of your stories. I need to go back to RJs story too now lol. Keep it coming.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uabout 4 years ago

OMG What a fantastic read. I pretty much love everything this author writes, so much so, I went on other story/book formats to see if I could find her there - Nothing. And herein lies the testimony of Literotica who feature writers with amazing stories and oftentimes launch them into the paying mainstream whereby they can make a living doing what they love - Awesome. Hope my comments and yours encourage and inspire them to greatness

BillyslateBillyslateabout 4 years ago
Loved This RJ / Lauren Prequel!!

This was an awesome story, with an excellent build up to Fiona's / Mario's "Declaration of Love"!! Her One Indiscretion was definitely a 5*-STAR performance, which moved breathtakingly at a "snail's pace" toward culmination of Fiona's / Mario's revealing their love for each other.

Just another wonderful love story from the author!!!

Rain29nsleep12Rain29nsleep12about 4 years ago
Another great work

I love the characters! Thank you for developing them so well, even for Jacinta and Paula. I could put a face to them in my head just by the things they say. You achieved so much depth in just 9 pages, though I wish that Fiona could flirt a little more with Marlo before they jumped into bed. Ps: Mona has played the supporting role in all along, may we have a story on her please?

OxidaOxidaalmost 4 years ago
Reason for joining Literotica

This is beyond epic! I have been lurking around anonymously for quite some time, reading all of your stories of course, and many more. But this is the one that stands out so much I needed to say Well done and Thank you! Hope to see more stories like this!

Robyn1859Robyn1859almost 4 years ago
Quality

I just adore your writing. So much depth and such fulfillment. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

I really loved the writing style and both characters. Amazing story and very hawt. 👌

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Brilliant

I need more of this love story. Could you please write a sequel???

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sadness

It is somewhat upsetting that it took them so long to figure it out. Are they now to old for children? So far in all of the stories only Mona has gotten there with the complete family other than Cal. I confess, Cal’s story was the first of these that I read and it hit me the hardest and the family dynamics were a key component. Great writing in all of the stories.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 3 years ago

I love this story and now I'm gonna go and reread the RJ and Lauren series.

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0over 3 years ago

I hadn't read this after reading Could You Be Mine? as you wrote this after that story. I thought RJ would cheat on Lauren with Fiona. Then I read what you wrote at the top and realised it was before RJ met Lauren! so here I am. Read this and loved it. Never can find fault with your stories. Top notch awesome story. Just wish I would have read it sooner without thinking the worst before finding out the facts first.

beddybearbeddybearover 3 years ago
Not sure

Great story, but didn't like the end. Your highness command you. I know it's a game for them but if i were Marlo, with all her feeling for Fiona, I would have quit my job right after their fight just like RJ done. Maybe I miss something. Btw I like all your other story. Annie is a great character. Sienna Alex and Lauren too Keep your great job. You create a fascinating mini universe

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Reading this for the 4th time probably and every time I get more and more curious about Liz and Mona's story. please consider? 💜

chmcgchmcgover 3 years ago

Rel.y slow getting underway.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Lovely

Great ..... Love your atyle and art in writing

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963over 3 years ago

What an incredible LOVE story. Neither one being upfront enough, everyone around them seeing the truth. The emotional coast to coast romantic sometimes humorous culmination at the end just fabulous. The last page and a half we all new the ending, but you still had a way to deliver it with your tremendous style. Jacinta, Paula and all the characters so well together. If I could it would be 6 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank You

Great love story, love your writing style. I have one more story of yours to read and I have read them. Thank you. 10 stars!P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another brilliant love story

A really great story. Definitely five stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needed more sex, sooner...

skillmanskillmanalmost 3 years ago

I love all your stories please keep writing

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 3 years ago

What a sweet ending to that story. You are a wonderful writer, and you obviously put a lot of work into you stories. I look forward to the next one.

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Just like all of your other incredible works. Please, please keep writing. I have read most of your stories multiple times, but somehow this one fell through the cracks.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

OMG!! This is an awesome story. Great character development, great love scenes, and as Mary P. would say "Practically perfect in every way!"

Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to seeing more. But I understand life happens, as it does to all of us. Take care.

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

I love your stories and writing style. The was the last story, so I’ve read all your work here now. I hope for new stories from you soon! Thanks for your wonderful efforts and for sharing!

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonabout 2 years ago

I didn't really connect to Meghan until she said she was moving to New York, and then I realized it was Annie's roommate at Alex's. Great story. You're weaving quite a web of people into your Makiverese.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've read all your stories.Beautiful universe you have curved with your characters. I love the stories and a great writer with a different approach to these stories. I hope life smoothens out for you and we can have more great stories from you. SALUTE

LiebethLiebethabout 2 years ago

Im sad, very sad……nothing left on you list to read …. Thank you for your amazing stories.

MaezedMaezedover 1 year ago

Every time I read this I love it more.

kathy2012kathy2012over 1 year ago

I have finished all your stories now, I have enjoyed them all! The character development, the emotions, the romance! The hot sex is outstanding! Please write some more! My clay with long oblivion has gone dry!

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I read this story once before ... but didn't remember it so, I reread it. In fact, in preparation for reading your new story, I reread all your stories ... and loved them ... until this one:

This story failed for me. But it took me a long time to figure out why.

I realized the failure (not its cause) as I was sitting at the half-way point in this story when I found myself suddenly wanting to just skip to the end and be done with it. So that's what I did.

But I didn't immediately see why.

And then it hit me. I didn't care about either of the two characters. Being a writer, this was an important issue to me. I wanted to know why I didn't care. The characters seemed plausible enough (in a uppity Cameloty sort of way). Maybe I didn't get the lifestyle, which of course I didn't. No one reading this would; it's American Royalty, for gods' sake. So, that wasn't it.

Then the real issue finally hit me. It was that the entire story up to that half-way point was literally about everything else BUT the two main characters. We barely saw them interacting on any level. There was no visible connection between them. And certainly not the zing bam pow kind of connection we've seen in all of your earlier works. These two were, more or less, cardboard—not just to me, but to each other.

And then, I thought more, and realized that in a very few paragraphs at the opening of the story we had laid before us the two most emotionally boring people you've presented. In a nutshell, we didn't see them grow, we didn't see their connection, we didn't see them grow apart, we didn't see any emotion whatsoever between them. We were presented, more or less, with two characters who might or might not have once been close (we aren't sure, one way or the other) who then purposely separate themselves from one another (for whatever reason we didn't really see) for roughly 20 years. And we saw none of the emotion of that separation. Therefore, there could be no emotion in them finding each other. We didn't even know them.

I read (and write) to get invested in the characters. But I just couldn't here. *Probably* the story would have been fine without about 2 or 3 times as many words to dig into all those missing things above. The storyline itself, and the characters themselves for that matter, were almost certainly great in your mind. I can imagine it myself as if I was the writer. But your vision didn't make onto the paper.

And that's probably why I didn't remember it from the first reading.

_robin_robinover 1 year ago

Sincere question. Do people really wiggle their eyebrows that much?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. Superb study in relationships. For me this is the best of careythomas' stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. Superb study in relationships. For me this is by far the best of careythomas' stories.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

Your stories are so good!

Thank you!

S9808S98088 months ago

excellent story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...