Her Private Dick Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He handed her a biscuit before choosing the sausage. He'd rather had the bacon, but... oh well. They tasted and adjusted their coffees with cream and sugar before eating their greasy biscuits and drinking their orange juice. The conversation started out a little strained, but the discomfort of last night was soon forgotten as they discussed the trivialities of the rest of their trip.

"I heard from one of Koda's friends last night. He checked. Koda's car is missing."

"Not surprising."

"You think he's driving it?"

"I doubt it, but if he made it back to base, that makes the whole kidnapping idea pretty farfetched."

She nodded. "Good point."

"Before we leave, I want you to check Koda's card again to see if anything has turned up," he said, tossing their empty wrappers into the sack.

"We just checked it last night."

"I know, but he could have charged something after we went to bed, and sometimes there's a delay before the charge appears."

While Josh disposed of their breakfast trash, she started her computer, and after it booted, logged into Koda's credit card account. "Here, you look," she said as she stood. "I have to finish getting ready."

He sat in Hazen's still warm chair and tried to figure out the website. He finally realized where he needed to click to bring up the charge details. A new charge had appeared. Leaving the window open, he opened another tab and performed a search. What he was looking for was the first result, and he followed the link.

"Looks like your brother is enjoying himself," he said, speaking loudly enough for Hazen to hear him.

"What do you mean?" she asked from the bathroom.

"Koda used his card at King of Diamonds. That's a strip club... in Miami."

"Koda did?" she asked, sticking her head out of the door as she brushed her hair.

"Koda, or someone using his card."

"Son-of-a-bitch! So he's still there?" Hazen asked, brushing her hair with more vigor. "How far is it from Boca Raton to Miami?"

"They're the same place, kind of like Norfolk and Virginia Beach, and I didn't say he was still there... okay I did, but there's no way to know if it's Koda using the card or someone else. Considering everything else we've found, I'd bet his card has been stolen."

"Should we cancel the card?"

"No. That's the only link to him we've got. If it's Koda, great, but if it's someone using his card, and we can catch him, we can find out where he got the card."

He didn't mention that if Koda's card was stolen, it was probably going to turn into a dead-end. Even if the guy gave up where he'd gotten the card, then what? It was unlikely that Koda would still be there... unless he was incapacitated in some way. Hazen needed some good news and hope, so he kept that opinion to himself.

Hazen hurried out of the bathroom, threw a last few items into her bag, and zipped it shut. "Let's roll!"

-oOo-

Nearly eleven hours later, weary and butt sore, Josh pulled to a stop at the same Circle K where Koda had stopped several days before. They'd stopped for lunch and fuel, along with a quick stretch of the legs, but it had been a miserable drive. Between road construction, the resulting traffic jam, and a blinding thunderstorm they battled for nearly an hour with the ensuing traffic slowdown, he was beat.

"Hazen, we're here. Wake up," he said while gently nudging her.

"Where are we?" she asked with yawn and stretch, groaning deep in her chest as she tried to loosen the kinks. Josh's car was comfortable enough, but it wasn't her Merc with its massaging seats.

"We're at Koda's last stop," Josh said while getting out of the car. He stood at the door twisting this way and that at the waist to get the blood flowing again. Maybe they should have come in Hazen's car.

She climbed out, shut her door, and stretched. "What do you think? Same clerk or different?" she asked over the roof of the car.

"Different," he said after a moment's pause.

"You're on."

He watched her stride toward the door, appreciating how her ass swung for a moment before he berated himself for enjoying the view and forced himself to look away. The fuel had barely begun to flow before she was walking back toward him. He watched her come. She was clearly irritated, but that didn't change the fact the front view was as nice as the rear.

"Well?" he asked as she slowed beside his car.

"Beats the hell out of me. He can barely speak English. I don't know if he even understood what I was asking."

"So, no luck?"

"No, but there's always the Blue Diamond, or whatever that place is called."

He stared at her, trying to recall the name, but was coming up blank. "Dammit! I can't think of the name now either. It's the diamond something though," he grumbled as he pulled his phone out and checked his notes. "King of Diamonds! It's on Shipping Avenue." He tucked his phone away. "I'm whipped. Let's find a hotel, get checked in, and then we can find something to eat before we go scope the place out."

She nodded. "If I catch his ass in a strip club after all this, the Navy is going to be the least of his worries," she growled, causing him to smile.

-oOo-

When Josh needed a room for the night, he always stopped at a Courtyard first because he received a discount, but this time the hotel nearest the King of Diamonds was full. Rather than driving to the next nearest Courtyard, Hazen suggested they stay at the Beacon South Beach because it was even closer to the strip club, and she liked its decor and 1930s, art deco vibe. Since she was paying, he didn't bother trying to change her mind. They couldn't get adjoining rooms, but at least they were on the same floor. They stopped at the first of their two rooms, where he tossed his bag onto his bed, and then carried her bag to her room.

"This is fantastic!" she gushed, delighted by the vibrant colors and art deco styling.

He looked around the room. His room was decorated in a vibrant blue green, which was bad enough, but this room, with its eye searing orange and lime green, was too much. "If you say so," he mumbled.

"You don't like it?" she asked as if in shock. "I love this Miami vibe!" She began to gyrate around the room, moving to some unheard music. As Hazen moved, she held her hair off her neck and writhed up to him, her hips and shoulders moving an a most alluring manner.

As she danced up to him, he felt a warmth flow over him to settle in his cock. Hazen was sexy as hell when she wanted to be, and he felt himself flush as his cock began to swell, the movements of her body causing him to think thoughts he shouldn't about a client.

She smiled to herself, noticing the slight bulge in his pants as she stopped her silent dance. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable again. "Sorry. After being stuck in the car all day I just had to move a little."

"It's okay. If I could move like that, I would too."

She grinned. "You like to dance? I do."

"Remember what I said about being boring?"

"Don't tell me you can't dance!"

"Okay. I won't," he said with a slight smile.

"But you can't, can you?"

"No. Not really. That would require rhythm... and I don't have any."

"After this is over, I'll have to teach you how to dance. I think you'd be a natural."

He looked at her, not understanding what she meant. "Why do you say that?"

"The way you walk. You move so smoothly... almost like you're gliding."

Josh smiled, liking her compliment. "Let's find Koda first, and then we can talk about dancing." He'd never cared about dancing, but he could watch Hazen dance all night.

"Are you okay?"

"Just tired. I didn't sleep well last night, and it was tough drive."

"I'm sorry. I could have driven some."

"It's okay. You must have needed the sleep."

"Maybe, but I can't have you zonked out. You should have woken me up."

"I'll be fine after dinner. Where do you want to eat?"

She pulled out her cell and poked at it a moment. "Let's walk. There are dozens of places all around."

"Sounds good to me. I could use the stretch."

-oOo-

Josh and Hazen walked for a time. He seemed to want to keep his distance and made no effort to take her hand. Despite herself, and the stern lecture she'd given herself last night, she was disappointed, though she said nothing. Having him keeping her at arm's length made it easier for her remember this was a business trip. They finally decided to stop at Puerto Saugua, an interesting looking place with delicious smells emanating from inside.

The place was busy and there was a wait. After he placed their name on the list, they stood among the other customers waiting for a table, forced close by the crowd. They stood in uncomfortable silence while waiting for a table, neither willing to discuss what they were both thinking, which was they wouldn't mind standing closer still.

When their table opened up, and they were seated, they looked over the menus. Neither had ever had Cuban cuisine before, so they asked the waiter to recommend their meal. While they waited on their food, she tried to puzzle out Josh. He'd been quieter than usual since they'd arrived in Miami.

"Josh, is there something wrong?"

"No. Why?"

"You just seem quiet tonight."

He thought about what he wanted to say. "I'm worried, now that we're here, that we won't be able to locate Koda. I knew Miami was a big place, but seeing how long we drove in town, I realize just how daunting a challenge this is going to be."

"All we can do is our best."

"I know, but what if that isn't good enough? This isn't like looking for a cheating husband in Norfolk. I don't want you to be disappointed... or hurt."

She held his gaze. "Do you think Koda is dead?"

"I don't know. I hope not, for your sake."

"I don't. I actually feel better about finding him now than since I first walked into your office. It wouldn't surprise me to find him in the King of Diamonds tonight. I hope you're not squeamish, because if I do, I'm going to kill him right there for making me worry while he's down here cavorting with strippers."

He grinned. "Then I hope we don't find him there, for his sake. He doesn't know who he's messing with."

" Well, he should!"

"Maybe we'll find him tied to a chair somewhere. You know, just a minor kidnapping or something."

She grinned. "I hope you're right... for his sake," she said, but then sobered.

"Y ou don't think he's going to be there, do you?" he asked softly.

She looked down at her hands. "No. I still think something's happened to him. I don't know what, but something, but I have a good feeling about it. I can't explain why, but I do."

He held his beer aloft. "To good feelings."

She smiled as she touched her glass to his. "Amen."

-oOo-

"I'd like to see the manager!" Josh shouted so the bouncer could hear him over the thudding music.

"About what?" the huge man shouted back.

"Her brother has gone missing! His credit card was used here last night! I'd like his permission to ask around a little... see if anyone remembers him!"

The bouncer stared at Josh a moment. "You a cop?"

"PI!"

"You packing?"

"No! Not at the moment!"

"Let me see your license!"

Josh pulled his license out of his card wallet, along with a business card, and handed both to the bouncer.

"Wait here!" the man shouted after looking over the license and then handing it back.

"Well?" Hazen shouted after tugging on his sleeve for his attention.

"We'll see! We're supposed to wait here!"

While they waited, he looked around. The King of Diamonds was quite the place. He'd been in more strip clubs than he cared to think about, but he'd never been in one like this. In one area there was a mechanical bull that nude women were riding, along with a few equally nude men. In another area was a boxing ring where two naked women were punching each other with hugely oversized, inflatable, boxing gloves while a woman clad in a black-and white striped bikini circled them with a mic while urging them on, the ringmaster's voice and the combatants' shouts of agony and rage amplified to be audible over the pounding music. Then of course there was the large stage, empty at the moment, where young lovelies showed off their assets.

"Follow me!" the bouncer said, touching Josh on the shoulder to get his attention.

Josh and Hazen follow the huge man through a thicky padded door, the music dropping to something less than ear shattering as it drifted shut. They walked down a short hall before the bouncer motioned them into a large office. The man stepped in behind them and shut the door.

"Are you the manager?" Josh asked as the man behind the desk rose. Where the bouncer wore a suit, this man was wearing a vivid green Hawaiian shirt covered with blue sea turtles, and khaki shorts.

"I am. Tom Ferguson. Carlos tells me you are looking for your brother?"

"My brother," Hazen corrected.

"And you think he's here?"

"No. Just that his card was used here last night," Josh explained. "I hope it was him that used it, even though he's going to be in a lot of trouble if it was. He's AWOL from the Navy and I've been hired to track him down."

"By her?" Tom asked and Josh nodded. "So, what do you want from me?"

"I'd like your permission to ask the staff if they've seen this man." Hazen handed Josh the picture of Koda, and Josh passed it to Tom.

Tom glanced at the photo before handing it back. "Okay, but if you start trouble, I'm going to have Carlos throw you out on your ass. You got that?"

"I'm not looking to cause trouble Mr. Ferguson. If someone recognizes him and can help, great. If not, then it is what it is."

"Carlos, give him what help he needs, but if he starts anything..."

"Understood, Mr. Ferguson."

"I hope you find your brother, Miss," Tom said with a nod at Hazen.

"Thank you, Mr. Ferguson. I appreciate your help and understanding."

Carlos opened the office door before escorting them back to the main part of the bar. Josh spent the next hour showing the picture around to the staff and talent, Hazen tagging along in his wake, but he came up empty.

"Carlos! We're done! Thank Mr. Ferguson for us, okay?" Josh yelled, shaking the big man's hand with a hundred-dollar bill folded against his business card. "If he shows up again, I'd like to know! There might be something in it for you!"

Carlos pocketed the money and card in a smooth motion. "I'll pass along your thanks!"

.

.

.

SIX

"Jesus! I'm deaf," Josh grumbled when they stepped out in the humid night air.

"What?" Hazen shouted, her teasing obvious. "I can't hear you! I'm deaf!" She paused as she smiled. "Okay, so now what?" she asked in her normal voice.

"Now we wait and see if that Franklin turns up anything."

"Franklin? What are you talking about?"

"I slipped Carlos a hundred bucks as encouragement for him to keep his eyes open for Koda."

"Oh. I see that on television all the time. Does that really work?"

"Sometimes."

"So now we wait?"

"That's right. We'll give it a day or two and see if Koda pops up somewhere else. After that... if nothing turns up, you may have to make some hard choices."

Her smile slowly faded. "Something'll happen. I know it will. We've come too far to have it all fall apart now."

"I hope you're right, but sometimes that's the way these things happen. You need to be prepared."

She held his gaze for a moment. "I understand... but I'm not going to start worrying just yet. Well, no more than I have been. It's Saturday so chances are good Koda, or whoever has his card, will be out tonight. Maybe Carlos will call us before we even get back to the hotel."

"Ever the optimist."

"That's me!" she said with a grin.

He took her by the arm. "Come on. Let's go."

"Where?"

"Back to the car to wait."

"Wait? What are we waiting for?"

"For him to show up again."

"You think he will?"

He shrugged. "I have no idea." The idea clearly didn't thrill her. "You want me to take you back to the hotel? I can come back alone."

"No... don't do that. Do you think he'll really show?"

"Like I said, I have no way to know."

"So waiting could be a complete waste of time?"

He grinned. "Absolutely. Probably will be, but you never know."

An evil smile danced across her lips. "I have a better idea. Why don't I teach you to dance? We'll practice in my room where no one will see you, so you won't be embarrassed."

"Hazen..."

"Come on. It'll be fun! We can't do anymore until we get another hit on the card or something else happens, and you have Carlos watching for him, right? I'm feeling all jazzed up. I need to burn off some energy, but I don't want to go out."

"Hazen..." he tried again.

"Come on! Jeez. Nobody is going to see you but me."

"Let's see when we get back to the hotel, okay?"

"Okay... fine... but you're going to learn to dance sooner or later," she wheedled with a grin.

Twenty minutes later Josh opened the door to Hazen's room. "You want to check the card?" she asked as she stepped into her room.

He hesitated, unsure he should follow, but then stepped into her room and closed the door. "Sure, but if there's no hit, that doesn't mean anything. It's still early."

"I know, but wouldn't it be great to see a charge hit, and we could get there fast enough to find out who it is?"

"Stuff like that only happens on television," he said with a smile.

"Yeah, probably," she said as she sat down at the small desk and opened her computer. "Nothing. I knew it was too much to hope for," she said after a long moment of typing and clicking.

"It's okay. Give it some time."

"I know. So... you want to learn to dance?"

He smiled. "Are we back on that again?"

"Yeah. Come on," she said as she opened the music library on the computer and selected Sexy Latin Dance from Latin Celebrations, the only salsa album she owned. As the music started, she stood and began to move with the music, smiling at Josh. "It's easy. See?"

He stood still, totally mesmerized by the way she was moving. "The difference is... you know how to dance, and I don't."

"Can't you feel it?"

"Feel what?"

She stopped and scowled at him, but he could tell she wasn't upset. "Oh, for Pete's sake. Here," she said while putting his hands on her hips. "Just go with the music." She began moving again in time with the song, her hands resting on his hips. He tried to understand, to feel the music as she'd said, but he was totally lost... and utterly distracted.

"This is hopeless," he said, releasing her hips and stepping back, using his lack of rhythm as an excuse to back away before he did something he knew he'd regret.

"Don't give up. Hang on a minute."

She moved back to her computer to select something a little slower. She picked several songs in a row, but all were as fast, or faster, paced as the first song she'd selected. Not finding what she wanted, she switched back to her library and scanned for something she recognized, but she was going to have to listen to the Salsa album again sometime. She'd forgotten how much she liked it.

She finally decided on an instrumental mix of Take Me Home, Country Road. He'd surely heard the song before, and it was slow paced enough that it should be easy for him to learn to dance to. As the song began to play, she bounced a couple of times to get in time with the song, took his hand, and began to lead him around the room. He started out stiff, and seemed to have no feel for the music, but as she worked with him, he began to relax and to smooth out so long as the moves were repetitive.

"That's it!" she cheered as she stepped back and turned him loose, but his moves immediately began to fall apart without her to lead him. She began to giggle. "Wait, wait, wait!" she laughed, waving her hands in front of her. "Obviously we're going to have to start at the very beginning. How can you move so well and not be able to dance?"

1...34567...9