All Comments on 'Heritage'

by IntuitiveJ

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AhazuraAhazuraover 3 years ago

If his kids are his, wouldn't the second test confirm that? They might not have German blood in them but the kids would match with Rick. Unless I am missing something. Good story though

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

And you really believe just because someone uses violence in a situation on the dance floor that they are not a wimp? You have to have a pretty narrow view of things. He lets his wife fuck and get his whore pregnant by four different men and you seriously believe he is a respectable man? He's a wimp and a cuckold because he gives in to their selfish desires. She desperately wants to get pregnant and have her own children. His salvation is completely indifferent to her. She looks for him to let her whore around; laughable. She accepts him because he's an idiot and she makes concessions that no other man would make. That's the real reason. And do not speak of love; Love also means that she can do without if she really loves him! However, if children are more important to her, then she should have the courage to separate from him and have "honest" children with another partner. Have you ever thought about the fact that every child has the right to know their biological parents? This is a legal claim! In cases of illness it is sometimes vital to find a donor e.g. of organs or bone marrow that has a DNA pattern that is as similar as possible to the patient. Then what would this loving mother have done? Also took your knowledge with you to the grave and would rather let the child die? I think your story is completely incorrect in terms of content. Out of love you don't become a cheater but a caring and loving person! Or you really have the wrong idea of ​​love! Love can only be given, never demanded! And that applies to both partners !!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Great story with a happy ending. Thank you for the chance to read it for you.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

Was easy to see where it was going due to the emphasis on the German heritage. If you're doing a little later on that maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious his parents had lied to him about his father.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

I liked the story but you left a blank at whether or not she was served or the process server didn't get to the office in time or whatever. A 4.9 stars rounds up through.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Good story

And yes I thought the same as everyone would but wondered why he just got the boys tested. He would have known if he had himself tested also and had an expert describe the results. I liked it. FOUR****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ‘Mom was the culprit’....

.....we could see coming a mile away.

But the last minute save and the late kid to boot was a nice twist and I hope they live happily ever after.

His Mom needs a big bunch of flowers and ‘I love you’ phone calls daily for awhile and grandkid visits.

~Enkidu

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Interesting story, would of liked the see the explanation to Trish but a good read if kind of obvious after awhile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice turnabout!

I sort of figured it out half-way into the tale. You did a good job of telling the story, it was a good read. And I'm sure it happened more than we would guess. I believe people had tougher minds back then. We're a generation of whiners. We bitch and complain while they had their problems and dealt with them as best they could. Life was harder and they had to do what they needed to, to get by. Now we're about hurt feelings and never letting go of an insult or slight.

In my farm neighborhood a girl got pregnant and someone married her and they made a life even though he wasn't the bio father of their first child. I was classmates with the daughter of the first child. While everyone in my parents' age group knew about it I never heard a single word and the truth only came out 60 years after the "early birth" when the first child figured it out for herself and made a fuss. The neighborhood oldsters just shook their heads at the foolishness. Life goes on, why complain about something that can't be changed?

R.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Confusing

Did he get "23 and me" type heritage tests, or DNA tests? They're very different.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

This really was a swing and a miss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I just can't get there from here. Too lame, too juvenile, too contrived.

The first flaw is his presumption that everyone of German heritage has the same genetic markers and genealogy. All of the continents and countries have had shifting borders, migrating cultures, and mixing between the lot. There is no reason to assume that because your parents grew up in a certain country that their genealogy is solely or even mostly based in that country. My mother was born in Italy, a native Italian. Her mother was born in Holland, her father was born in Russia. So at least half my genealogy should be Italian? It is, but only because my father really is of Italian ancestry. So it was just stupid for him to think his children were bastards because their genealogy did not show only or mostly Germanic markers. Was it too much to presume that the guy would at least order a parentage matching DNA test since he was having the second child tested anyway?

Then what does this thoughtful serious careful husband do to help deal with his self imposed turmoil of ignorance? He gets drunk. That's when I thought I understood why the wife wanted some other man's genes for her children. If she couldn't respect her juvenile drunk ass husband, at least she had some respect for her children, and civilization. God knows we don't need anymore weak minded people than we have.

Then his mother confesses that she has allowed her children to walk around with no clue to their true genealogy, and possible genetic inheritance and flaws, all to save her own shame. Selfish much? Do her children's blood types even make sense with their supposed father? Right, that's too hard. Lets just keep it all a secret and hope for the best. She has nothing but love and respect for her deceased husband, but she knows her weak minded children will just consider him a clueless cuckold and their mother a cheating whore. If true she might want to reconsider how she and her husband raised their children.

Then the ending, which actually proves to be consistent with the limited intelligence of the characters in this story. The wife and husband have not taken proactive measures to prevent having more children? But its the wife's fault that she's pregnant? And she so fears her husband's reaction to the point of thinking that he might divorce her, after knocking her up? Is that the nature of their relationship and their planning for their future?

It was all just too much to swallow. It was a decent plot idea, but the execution was ridiculous. Too bad, it could have been good. I thought sure as hell he was going to come home and discover his wife fucking some guy. Or better yet, overhear a conversation that reveals his mother concocted the whole parentage charade in an attempt to protect her grand children from a broken home. There are several missed opportunities to make this really dramatic and compelling. Guess that wasn't on your radar.

Still, thanks for the effort.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

I lost brain cells reading this.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
I feel like I read two cheating

stories at the same time. This was not what I was expecting. The one question I have: was Trish served papers or not?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rubbish

He has DNA tests on his sons presumably comparing them with his own DNA.

They come back showing he isn’t the father. Everything afterwards is irrelevant.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Ok. Nice twist. A really nice twist. And nice happy ending.

I suppose if we must FTDS, you could have surprised us with the twins, and it would be the twins as they were both racing towards the forecourt, passing back and forth, as power forwards of their high school championship team.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Could see it coming...

...with the heritage / history build up, but still quite a good story. Some may ask why he didn't get a paternity DNA test done in the first place, but hey we wouldn't have a story then. Good job and thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Cuck and whore story with a twist. He most certainly was a cuck and she absolutely was a whore regardless of reasons. Adoption should have been an option instead she had 4 other men's children and they could have ended up marrying a close relative like an aunt, uncle or half sibling.

What do you expect from inbred cucks and whores anyway?

I enjoyed the twisty story even if I thought very little of the cuck and whore behind it.

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Nonsense

This pinhead liberal hated it. No man would act this way. I usually enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The story telling was a bit sloppy. My guess the sloppiness was done more or less on purpose to obscure plot points and maintain suspense but none the less it makes the narrator unreliable.

Since we're dealing with Heritage type DNA tests and not DNA tests to specifically determine paternity the husband should have also submitted his DNA for testing and not just for his other son. If he had submitted his own DNA then if the sons were in fact his then they would have shown up as DNA matches to the husband and the DNA relationship would have been as children. Conversely, if they didn't show up as a direct match then he'd know they weren't his.

Also, not buying that his dad would agree or allow his wife to sleep with other men in order to produce children. Did his parents never consider adoption ahead of having his wife sleep with strange men she'd pick up? Of course we only have his mother's word on it that dad was cool with the plan and since good ole dad is conveniently dead and he was still a cuckold.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 3 years ago
Good concept....

....but when he got the second DNA test neither of his kids was a match. A little inconsistent.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I agree with those who say the ending was telegraphed but I still enjoyed it and liked the twist. Five stars mostlybecause there are so many one and two star stories in LW. We must encourage the good writers.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Some people can not except a nice story with out ripping it to pieces for minor details , great fun story *5* stars from me and thanks for writing Note I left a period off on purpose had to go back three times spell check.,,!

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

he didn't think of a parentage dna test?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
I enjoyed that story

Interesting twist on the DNA theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another assnomeous contribution. do you think you the problem? LOVE slap hapy papy #9

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Paternity tests don't show heritage, they compare the DNA markers from the contested child with those of the man in question. When he took swabs from himself and his boys, then sent them away for testing, it would definitely prove that he was or wasn't their father.

Unfortunately, this lack of understanding wrecked your story.

IntuitiveJIntuitiveJover 3 years agoAuthor

I don't normally comment on comments, but for those confused about DNA and ancestry analysis. You can use DNA to do parental matches but it is commonly used to determine your heritage. Just google "ancestry DNA" and it will take you to companies that can determine your ethnicity. Mine shows four countries and gives the percentage for each. It further shows how many of my relatives traveled to America and migrated from the east coast to the mid-west. All very interesting.

Please, do your research before commenting on the technical aspects of my stories. Sorry your misunderstanding detracted from the entertainment my story was intended to provide.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

The writing itself was ok, but the main character was an idiot. Who just has DNA done and not paternity??? As soon as I read that I new mom had some `splaining to do

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I enjoyed it

I didnt see the twist coming and i also thought about testing the kids to him for parentage. But at the end i expect when she is served and hears why he is toast. She will quickly see how he so easily accused her of cheating and having him raise another's children and never even talked to her. She will sign the papers and take hom to the cleaners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very unfair criticism

Yes the guy prematurely jumped to a conclusion. Yes he could’ve done DNA paternity testing. Hell he could’ve done ancestry testing on his own DNA. Nevertheless how he reacted was basically believable. Judging from the comments I would have to say that he was less of a dummy than many of the reviewers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My urge to investigate his own heritage before making

such olympic like jumps to conclusions had me figuring out the "Cheating" was a generation back on page one.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

I do enjoy a story with a new twist. Well written and presented. Thanks for sharing.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
so

he went for a heritage dna to find out parentage dna rofl sorry but im one of those that believe ppl this dumb shouldnt be married let alone have kids

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

The author wrote: "Greg wasn't my biological son either. In fact, the results looked the same as Ryan's." The only way that statement could be supported is by comparing the DNA results for the boys and the father. So we assume that, only to discover at the very end that the author defrauded us, because Rick never compared himself with his kids. No one is stupid enough to do a paternity test without comparing himself to the kids. I felt cheated by the author. A 2* because the author cheated and the story was deceptive.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Whoa, wait one minute. Rick had his two boys DNA tested and not himself, WTF? IF all three were DNA he would have seen immediately the boys came from him/them. And he would have seen his DNA heritage. Yes, Rick stopped a separation dumb-dumb shot to his own head as Trish would have shit-canned the idiot if she got served; and Trish had every right since he did NOT trust enough to talk to her. Rick was an ass.

/

The whole premise of this story is faulty in the way it evolved due to the illogical DNA fax-pas.

/

3*, Hooyah, due to the lack of DNA logic!

/

Hey, I'm the oldest sibling in my fathers Klan tree. There have always been family rumors that my dad was trapped into marrying (with their wedding only 6mo before I was born) and may not have been my bio-dad for decades. I never confronted my parents over this.

But in the last five years, after my parents were gone/cremated, the nag got to me. I could now afford the DNA tests so secretly (from my other siblings) I asked my closest brother if he would do the Y-DNA test with me on my dollar (he knew of the rumors). My logic is if he shows up in my tree then we have a common father - well it was even better I have many cousins match from my fathers name side to me. So all the family rabble-rousers were full of shit just stirring the gossip shit - all family's have them.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
No way

No way is his father an honourable man.If he was, the second time his wife got pregnant he would have dumped her,let alone have another two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huge plot hole made this so lame.....

When Rick gets the “heritage” DNA results reflecting very little German background in his kid, he rightly proceeded to run another DNA test on both his sons.

But instead of running a test to see if HE is their father or not....all he does is replicate the “heritage” results on the boys? He didn’t give a sample of his DNA and request an analysis of whether he was the father?

How stupid is THAT?

Additionally.....the plot device that his mother fucked 4 different men to get children...and his “father” was OK with it.....stretches even the reality of the Literotica world 😱

Very lame effort.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Think Trish needs to get the hell out of that family, mother-in-law is a slut and her father-in-law was a moron just like her husband. Ain’t love grand.

If an author is going to use a DNA storyline they should at least investigate the protocols and procedures involved in the testing of Deoxyribonucleic acid. Not doing their due diligence punches big holes in the story, after which it just turns into farce.

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

2 stars because of the faulty premise that the test on the younger son was only for heritage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Anonymous "five months ago " is right; MC NEEDED to get his own DNA profile done to have any clue about whether the boys are his done.

OlFrog14x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Clearly , this slut has cheated her whole marriage and none of the children are of the husband , DNA tests would show this .

Pathetic .

Hope she gives him aids

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Massive hole in this story

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

SO how come he did a DNA test on the kids but not on himself? Would that then prove paternity? The 2 boys has similar DNA traits proving that they were related it would have made sense for Rick to compare his own against theirs. Now if he did a test on himself and there was no match that would have been another story all together.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@Ahazura, Rick didn't have himself tested, he simply assumed he had German blood.

\

@Ironman52, she had obviously left before the process server got there, IF the paralegal didn't stop the service. Since nothing is said, we have to assume she never got served.

\

@Baulloyder68, if he got himself tested we wouldn't have had a story!

/

@HikingThru Re "23 and me," obviously not. Only the boys were tested. He was positive that he was German, so when the boys weren't he assumed they weren't his.

\

@Anonymous Re: Migrating cultures - That's true, but his genealogy should still have significant German DNA.

\

@Anonymous Re: Rubbish - He DIDN'T compare theirs to his because the thought he knew his.

\

@Anonymous Re: "Sloppy story-telling" - As has been said, if he did his DNA then there would be no story. It doesn't matter what you're "buying." It's the author's story, if he says that's what happened, then that's what happened!

\

@payenbrant - When he got the second DNA test the boys WERE a match to each other.

\

@ju8streading Re: Parental DNA - Once again, obviously not, otherwise there's no story!.

\

@Powersworder, he DIDN'T take swabs from himself.

\

@Anonymous Re: I enjoyed it - She WASN'T served. He had it stopped. Yes, we're not told that, but we're told that he gave instructions to stop it, if it wasn't the author would have told us.

\

@someoneother, you people keep making the wrong analysis. He ASSUMED that his DNA had German markers. When one son didn't, he INCORRECTLY deduced that it wasn't his son, when Ryan matched Greg he simply compounded the error.

\

@KRD19254, once AGAIN, if he checks his DNA there's no story.

\

@skruff101, Trish knows nothing about all of this.

\

"They didn't have in vitro back in those days." - Can't believe that I missed this, but while they didn't have in vitro, the DID have Artificial Insemination.

\

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Good story, Whiny poindexter comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why didn't Granny have artificial insemination? It was first done in on humans in the 18th century. No need to fuck anybody.

sf_operative63sf_operative63almost 3 years ago

Too many holes in this story

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

he had an ancestry report done on his younger son rather than an actual paternity test? Your MC was written as a sub moron.

Orion623Orion623over 2 years ago

I liked the story and found it interesting. I thought the DNA/ethnicity angle was a nice hook to engage ones interest in a Loving Wives story. I was irked by the husband's immature demeanor and his inability to listen without interrupting just so he could express his disbelief and anger. The authors rendering of the husband made the MC overwritten and simple minded. 4*

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

GREAT Story with an unexpected twist!!!! An original take on the DNA discovery trope. Well Done!!! 👍👍👍👍 5⭐s

-

Pasqual

CharetteCharetteover 2 years ago

uhm ... yeah ... DNA isn´t about heritage , it´s part of the DNA yes , but if a DNA say 99,1 % NOT related , it is very likely that someone else put his weiner in your wife's bun.

CharetteCharetteover 2 years ago

so , from Germany , 4 Points

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I just read some of the stupidest comments ever.

It was a great story with a very unexpected twist.

5 stars. Great plot. I still wanted another chapter.

Bill S.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

@Sbrooks "if he checks their DNA there would be no story" no shit. The guy's a dumbass. I feel bad that his kids are his because they have his dumbass DNA. The fact that he spent months thinking about this and it NEVER occured to him that his dad might not be his dad or his grandpa might not be his dad's dad is stupid. His wife should kick his ass out. then get their kids a tutor to counteract their genetics

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

Great story though I saw it comming.

Unique twist to the much repeated theme

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry to say, but the outcome was obvious from the very start.

Regardless, it was still enjoyable to read, and I am pleased to have read a story where I am 100% with them at the end.

Most reconciliation stories stick in my craw... It's usually the case that all of a sudden, all is forgiven with no real reason why... the betraying partner should usually be jettisoned.

In this one, you had the angst, you had the betrayal and the drama... then you had the truth set things right... he always had what he believed to be true, a good, honest, loving wife for a partner.

If only that were true more often. Why the fuck can't people be less selfish? Why can't we make our choices, commit to the promises we make ourselves, and live out lives with honour?

This lucky bastard found out he had the real deal after all, and it was good to read.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A four. It would have been five, but the premise about his parents really does beggar belief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoyable story, except the DNA analysis aspect. He apparently only got his sons DNA analyzed which focused on their genetic background and not parental background. He should have sent in his own DNA with theirs and he would have discovered he was indeed their father. Also if it included his genetic background he would have seen that he also lacked German heritage. Admittedly that would have really messed with his head, because he never would have considered his mother to have cheated, LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yuck. Nothing like finding out your mother is a slut and your "father" who you used to respect was a knowing cuckold...

That would have been the last conversation I had with my mother and I would have told every one of my siblings what a whore mom was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You made a boneheaded mistake with this story. When he has the boys DNA checked they don't have much German in them. But since the test indicated they WERE NOT his sons, the amount of German they had was of no relevance. They're not his by DNA. That makes this a really really mistaken mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The funny part of the story is that the boys still may not be his. He never tested his own dna.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We have to forget invitro has been around for a very long time lol. his mother could have had a clinician inseminate her, you know, clinically.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

You made a very serious mistake. You started the story based on the DNA and countries they were from. You implied you had a full DNA paternity test done, considering the boys are in different grades. That test would have determined whether he was the sperm donor or not. Based on your story, not only was his Dad not his sperm donor - which led to his meeting with his mother and getting the story on that, but the DNA paternity test would have showed he was not the sperm donor to his sons. In that case the divorce would be on hold until paternity could be determined for the new baby, but Trish would be facing single motherhood.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

The author is trying to be cute, but the gigantic plot hole is the DNA, there is no way that testing the dad's DNA and his sons would not have shown that he was their biological father; to infer he was so stupid in this situation to have a "heritage" DNA test is inane and insulting.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Nope

Your characterization of the protagonist suggests stupidity

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Great storytelling...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fingerprinting kids at school is one thing, but it's hard to imagine any school sponsoring DNA testing of its students given the fact unexpected paternity results would be certain to create a crisis no school administrator could hope to resolve. I agree with the other commenters that the scenario presented here would not occur if traditional comparitive DNA testing were being utilized. The "heritage" aspects of a DNA analysis are often included in the results from commercially sold DNA testing kits, but those are rarely the primary reason testing is performed. Nonetheless, this is warm and reassuring story of how love can adapt to and transcend the vicissitudes of life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get why the husband wouldn't order a comparative DNA test along with a sample of his DNA as a baseline. Screw the heritage test, he retested the older son anyways, just test paternity. I know it would have negated the twist with the mom and his siblings, but it just isn't credible that he would make that mistake. Otherwise an interesting story. Makes you wonder before IVF how many couples did the very same or similar thing instead of adoption. Personally if that was my only choice as a husband, I would want to be there as a threesome with both, not to be a voyeur but to control the interaction and keep it as minimalist as possible with the sperm donor. Then again I would just adopt. Onenthing that was out of tune was Trish's statement that she was worried he would be upset and divorce her. I know thatbw as meant to be cutting ironic remark given what almost happened with the process server but in no way would a wife think her husband of many years would divorce her for getting accidentally pregnant. If did then he is a true asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yep, start out by getting ALL of the facts before you blow up a marriage.

I don’t understand, though, the problem that a number of commenters have with the DNA test results. The story does never says that the boys’ DNA was compared against their father’s, only that the boys’ DNA was analyzed and their ancestral nationalities/ethnicities were reported. Of course, the father should’ve had the boys tested against his own DNA, but he didn’t, which means that the author didn’t make the “big mistake” some think he made.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Aside from the fact that the MC's own DNA test would've prevented everything, there would've then been no story... A good tale well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The misunderstanding was obvious as soon as he just checked his children's "heritage" and didn't bother to test for a match. With this and the MC being a total jerk, I didn't enjoy the story very much.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Everyone is stuck on the fact that the DNA test parts were unrealistic. I'm stuck on the part where his dad let his woman have sex with other men. Wtf man.

But great story

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Really good story, but I couldn’t deal with the way his mother got pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, I guess they never heard of the turkey baster method?

I'm disappointed his wife didn't find out. Frankly, he was a freaking coward, not once even speaking to her about it. Figgen stupid, too, that he never got an actual paternity test done.

I wouldn't have been surprised if she left him instead.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Turkey baster method is a myth. It doesn't work. Check it out. And ironically back in the day this was not as uncommon as people might think if the husband was sterile.and they wanted kids. The difference is they swore to never tell anyone. And let the possible sperm donors know what would happen if they leaked it. Usually meant digging their own grave. And clearly his mom did not lover his father one iota less. She even discussed how the guy that was his biological father was attracted to her and affectionate but she had zero romantic attachments and was going to.not go back again if it didn't take. People do crazy things for love and family.

But agreed MC was a jerk. No confrontation just deploy a divorce filing. Wtf.

skruff101skruff101about 2 months ago

All that angst just because moms a slut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIntuitiveJ@IntuitiveJ
Glad many are enjoying my stories. I try to write them to be both entertaining and emotional with characters that are not perfect or complete monsters. I wish I had more time to write but will try to keep them coming. I love comments, it's the only form of payment so let me...