Heroes Fall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?" Margas was confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, that was WAY before your time," the hooded man sighed. "So much for the classics. Let me break it down for you." He wrenched the knife out of Margas' hand and drove it into his neck and then his chest. "You are my contract," he said as the life went out of Margas' surprised eyes a moment before his body disintegrated into a puff of blue dust.

*

Ronin stood up and smirked at the assorted demons who were now looking at him with a mixture of awe, fear, and anger. Why shouldn't they be? After all, a 'mere mortal' just walked into their domain and kicked their teeth in. Stretching out his hand, he whispered a demonic incantation of his own and the floating crib with Alexa's baby sleeping soundly inside rose up and floated into place beside him. Contract complete. Now all he had to do was get home.

He casually walked towards the door as if he owned the place, the only sound being his heavy boots thudding on the floor that he figured was made out of some kind of stone that could withstand the heat of this plane of existence. Two demons grew a brain and moved to block his way. Ronin held up a single finger, wagging it back and forth silently to warn them not to try and stop him. They didn't totally block him but they did get ahead of him so that he did have to stop to speak with him. "Just who are you?" one of them demanded. "How did you come to be here, mortal?"

"Just a passerby, as you would say," Ronin quipped. "No need to concern yourselves further." He moved to continue on and the demons closed ranks on him. Ronin pulled his pistols and shot them both in the face at point blank range. "Don't ever do that again. I'll let you live this time."

"WHO ARE YOU!?" one of them shouted in outrage as he held his right eye while Ronin walked by them. "IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO BE HERE!"

Ronin paused and smiled. He took a coin out of his pocket and flipped it to the demon, who caught it with a fumble. Then he walked out the door, smiling broadly as he was sure the demon was pissing himself at reading the inscription on it. Halfway down the path, he heard the demon screaming in a terror that only Ronin could bring about. It was a sound that was soon joined by the others as the cacophony from inside the bar rose as other demons read the inscription and screamed in horror as well. He couldn't help but pull out another coin to flip it in the air. It was the same coin that was being passed around the bar and it had his real name on it.

The observe of the coin said, My name is Legion...

The reverse said, For we are many.

THE END


1...345678