All Comments on 'Hero's Tale (or, A Heroic Homeric)'

by mirafrida

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wrong category

This belongs in the poetry category. Couldn't even get myself to read it with this formatting. It doesn't even rhyme.

karalinekaralineover 3 years ago

Alas you may be a little sophisticated for this site Mirafrida! five stars from me though.

mirafridamirafridaover 3 years agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous: as I noted on the top, this is a hard one to categorize, but if you look at any poetry entries, I think you will conclude, as I did, that this is a better fit in Nonconsent than Poetry. If you did not decide to read it, I am not offended--I encourage you to skip to a story you like better! And no, not all poetry rhymes!

mirafridamirafridaover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comment karaline, it is greatly appreciated! Yes, I figured the readership for this one would be limited, but I enjoyed writing it, and I thought a few others would value it for what it is.

LPSTARRLPSTARRover 3 years ago

Damn, that was a cool read.

I recently tried composing some ancient greek-esque poetry and I don't fault you for not attempting to do this in dactylic hexameter, hehehe. (It's a bitch, almost like it wasn't made for English or something. :p)

I'd love to see more things in this style!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gosh

Well, I think this was very well written. Definitely a hard one to publish here as I think it’s beyond what many are looking for - but it’s well done, the story is great, it flows really well and of course it should be in Noncon and not poetry. It’s rape. I now will seek out more of your work. Thank you!

mirafridamirafridaover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks LPSTARR!! Yes, I dabbled around with dactylic and some other meters before settling on iambic hexameter. It seemed like the best compromise between achieving something of the feel of epics like The Aeneid, while still producing decent English that I could write with reasonable speed.

mirafridamirafridaover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I thought some folks would :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
RE: "It doesn't even rhyme." Comment

XD XD XD Too funny! 1D107

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This... is fucking brilliant. And while it most definitely is for a niche audience, I am more than happy to identify as a member of that niche, for stories as fantastically written as this. Honestly this is the best noncon original story I've ever read. This is also the first time I've ever gone out of my way to leave a comment on a story here. This was just too good not to communicate my appreciation. You have somehow turned shameless porn into art (as highly unpalatable as the subject matter would be were it not fiction or not amply tagged and warned for), and I salute you, for I can say with absolute certainty that I have never seen this done before and it was a highly unique experience I will likely come back to appreciate repeatedly.

"It doesn't even rhyme..." Pfft. XD Clearly not of the target audience. And I 100% agree it would have been highly inappropriate and triggering for many people if you'd put this under poetry instead of non-con. The category serves well as that ample warning I mentioned earlier.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermirafrida@mirafrida
My fantasy life has always leaned toward nonconsent scenarios that strike me as "plausible" in certain idiosyncratic regards. I ​was dreaming them up long before I came across such things anywhere else, so they seem to be a part of me. I suppose it is probably the extremes of ...