He's Not What You Think Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Is he thinking of me? She wonders sleepily and reaches back, caressing his butt through the thin fabric of his baggy shorts pulling, him closer. Linda's eyes flash open. She releases a deep quivering breath realizing where she is, who is holding her, and how his touch is making her tingle with arousal. She smiles, relaxing all her muscles, closing her eyes, basking in the sensation of safety and Michael's innocent, hard masculinity.

She lies in Michael's warmth, enjoying the carefree time. The plague she wakes to every morning determining what to wear, the first appointment, the outcome of the next meeting, is replaced by the bliss of comfort and contentment. Turning, wanting to see him, thank him, she stops as Michael presses his soft lips to the back of her smooth neck, tantalizing her satisfaction. She releases a long slow moan, moving her hips, determined to feel every inch of his erection through her jeans, and return some of the pleasure he is invoking.

I could wake up like this every morning. Except, no clothes, so I can feel his warm naked body against mine. Her heart races, and her temperature elevates while she contemplates what it would be like if he was awake. Once again her eyes flash open, Cathy's tapping foot thunders into her mind. She groans with a frown, running her fingers over Michael's soft warm hand one last time, burning the affection into her memory. She sighs, gently moves his hand, and quietly sits up, disconnecting from his rousing masculinity. She fights between her desire to reach back and explore every part of him, and her rationalization that this is neither the time nor the place. She combs her fingers through her hair teasing it. Her reluctant mind forces her muscles to stand, then arrange her clothes, and looks for her sandals. First at the office and now here, she tries to discount how his touch has energized her arousal. Yet, at the same time, she wants to thank him.

She forces herself toward to the kitchen, smelling the coffee. She knows if she looks back things will get very complicated. Only adding to the returning morning's tormenting thoughts.

Chapter 5 -- The Kick off to Summer Party

They are in their element: Cathy, Linda and their two friends. Flowing from guest to guest, they listen, laugh, smile, and make simple conversation.

After making her rounds at the party, Cathy saunters over to Linda, Julie, and Paige who now stand in a secluded corner. As she approaches she recalls the many social functions the four women had attended, while growing up together, and even more with just Linda in tow.

Her mind focuses. "Linda have you seen Michael? Is he here yet?" She holds back a scowl of impatience, folding her arms.

"Yeah, when are we going to meet this Michael character? Enough with the stories about this guy, it's time for show and tell." Paige impatiently looks at Cathy twirling a strand of red hair.

Cathy throws her hands up in the air, lets them drop to her side, and in a stern reply, "I don't know, ask Linda she's the one with all the answers,"

"Cathy are you still mad?" Linda frowns. "I told you that I promised to keep her identity a closely-guarded secret." She turns away to hide her smile at Cathy's jealous reaction. This is something she has not seen since they were teens. She is a little surprised to see Cathy's emotional wall beginning to crack, especially with regards to Michael. He's the total opposite of what she looks for. Linda cocks her head. Hmm. Maybe that's why.

The muffled sounds of the guests and music, the smell of the food in the fresh air suddenly all disappear for Cathy's, as her eyes narrow and her hands go to her hips while she scans for a certain man with short black hair. She's tormented with Michael's decision to bring a date. This is not going according to plan. What could this woman be like? Smarter, funnier...? Prettier? Even worse, Linda, her own sister, knows who this woman is and is being tight-lipped. The excuse, if one could call it that: she can guarantee this woman doesn't rate. Linda will only smile and describe the woman as younger than Michael, with red hair. None of this should drive Cathy crazy, but it does. She pouts. "Why isn't he here?"

Linda rolls her eyes. "I don't know; I am not his keeper. He said he might be a little late because of his schedule. So your guess is as good as mine."

"Will he show up, or is he just saying he would?" Cathy unleashes her scowls as she folds her arms over her chest. "That will be poor judgment on his part."

"Of course he'll be here. His date's already here," Linda grins, twirling her finger at the numerous guests.

"What?! Where is she? No, she's not! I know everyone here. Girls, look for a younger woman with red hair." Cathy leans forward, scanning the crowds again thinking she might go walking around for a bit.

Cathy notices Julie's intense stare and turns to join her, both now looking at their redheaded friend with an expectant raised brow.

"Don't look at me," Paige responds to the glares, "I've never met the guy. Anyway, he's probably not my type; especially if he's as quiet as Cathy says." Then she directs a smile towards Cathy, "So, he has a thing for red-heads." She tilts her head, and in a mocking tone asks, "You sure you want to introduce him?"

*****

"It's almost three o'clock. I guess he's not coming." Cathy is saying with a shrug as she walks up.

Linda observes Cathy's pretense at nonchalance she answers with a straight face, "Don't sound so defeated. I saw Michael about thirty minutes ago by the pool. He's with his date, splashing around."

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?" How she could have missed him? "What's his date look like? Is she pretty? Do they look like they are having fun?" Cathy throws out the questions fast, not at all sure she wants to hear the answers. But then again, she doesn't always think of what she says in her excitement. It kind of just comes out.

"He's here? Which one is he?" Julie asks as they all turn to view the pool from their corner. Not able to see the pool, they move as a group without a word spoken, working their way through the crowd; Julie and Paige, curious, look from guest to guest and ask, "Which one?"

Linda just laughs, looking forward to Cathy's reaction and continues mercilessly, "Michael can't stop smiling, and laughing. They seem to be having a great time. You seem more interested in his date than him."

"No, I just think it's rude to bring someone. I told him he was my 'plus one'. This woman better be.... I don't know.... Something." Cathy tries to dismiss her keen interest, but to no avail while yet dodging guests' complements and thank yous.

They reach the pool, three of the four looking with undisguised intensity for the recent guest and his redheaded date.

Suddenly Linda points with a finger, bouncing on her toes, "There he is."

Tight-lipped, Cathy searches the pool for the fifteenth time, for the tale-tell hair color, and blurts out, "Which one is his date?" She draws her shoulders back, and crossing her arms across her chest, her foot begins to tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Why he would bring a date that is nowhere to be seen?

Linda yells on tiptoe, hands cupped around her mouth, "Michael... Michael... Michael!" Getting his attention, she waves him over.

Briefly, Cathy gaze acknowledges Michael getting out of the pool with Rick Junior and Trisha, then resumes scanning the pool and surrounding area for the infamous red-head. Giving up with a shrug, she alters her gaze to watch Michael talk to Trisha and Rick Junior, the sight of which makes her tight lips relax into grin.

Michael gets down on one knee to be face to face with Trisha and Rick Junior. "You guys grab some towels and come right back. RJ, grab me one also. I am going be over with Linda and Cathy." He watches them run off, before he stands wiping off his face. He rubs his hands through his hair to shed the water, lets out a deep breath, turns with a bright smile, and walks over to the group of women.

Michael studies the four lovely ladies wearing conservative two-piece bikinis wrapped in sarongs; stylish and hot. Damn, she is hot, he thinks, focusing on Linda wearing a blue bikini with blue floral sarong, showing her curves. The friends don't look too damned shabby either. The red head.... And the other girl's skin is such a nice chocolate color. Shit, Cathy looks incredible. Man, why does she need to look so good? Why am I worried about Cathy? No, she's just like my ex, Tina. Stick to the plan. He shakes his head, walking toward the group.

Once he is within range, Cathy cocks her head and almost snarls, "Rick and Linda told me you brought a date. Where is she? It's rude not to introduce her, especially to the host. Linda knows who she is, but won't tell me." Cathy asks with a steady tap of her foot and a fake smile.

Linda listens to Cathy's questions, quietly giggling anticipating her reaction. She's still surprised at her jealousy. Linda decides to enjoy Cathy's emotional quandary as long as it lasts.

Michael cocks his head, smiling at Cathy, trying to figure out what is different. Is she sad, maybe disappointed? Not sure what it is, he's sensing from her, he says, "Hi, my date will be her shortly."

Trisha and Rick Junior run up to Michael's side with plush white towels slung over their shoulders. Trisha hugs his waist and Rick Junior stands at his side handing him a towel. Michael slings it around his neck and unconsciously places a hand on each of their shoulders. Gazing into Cathy's piercing eyes, he casually continues, "I would give you a hug but I am all wet. Shouldn't you introduce me to your friends?" He turns his head to look at Linda. He smiles, a little uncertainly, trying to figure out why Linda is looking away, trying contain her laughter and covering her mouth.

With a dismissive wave Cathy replies, "This is Paige, and Julie, and you know Linda. Where's the red-head?" Her eyes dart between Linda as she asks with a raised brow. Questioning them silently. What are those two smiling about.

Before Michael can answer, Paige puts out her hand, "Hi, I'm Paige it's nice to meet you." Julie does the same, adding, "I don't mind a wet hug. I heard you have a thing for red-heads." She turns to glance over at Paige, grinning.

He shakes both their hands giving them one of his bright smiles and replies, "It's nice to meet you. I would give you a hug, but I don't want to get you wet. Besides, my date might not like it. Red-heads.... They can be feisty, and one or two blondes I know." His eyes flicker briefly to Cathy. "Rain check?" He notices Paige lean toward Julie, and hears Paige give a quiet laugh and whisper, "You got that right."

Trisha tugs on Michaels arm. He looks down to see a curious expression on her face when she asks, "Why does Cathy look strange, 'asking where is she'? Who is she talking about, and why are they talking about red hair?"

Michael laughs, again getting down on one knee to whisper into Trisha's ear, "Cathy wants to know who my date is for the party."

Trisha's eyes get big; she smiles, letting out an, "Oh," and giggling.

Cathy hears Michael whispering to Trisha and tips her head looking, wondering. "Trisha honey, do you know which one of these women is Michael's date? I would like to meet her." She points in the direction of the pool and surroundings, for emphasis.

Trisha squeezes Michael's neck with both arms, her chin pushed against his, and squeals, "I am Michael's date," then smiles from ear to ear.

Linda throws her head back, laughing, "That's the young red-head."

Julie, and then Paige, sigh, "Oh, how sweet."

Cathy looks at Trisha with an open mouth, closes it, and opens it again, unable to speak. She looks towards Linda then over at Michael, ready to say something; instead she turns to Trisha, puzzled, "You're his date?"

Michael stands, brushing off his knee. Trisha wraps her hands around Michael's waist explaining how she made Michael come to the party as her date. She smiles, concluding, "I am Michael's first date in a long time."

At this, none of the women can help their laughter drawing the attention of the nearby guests. Even Cathy laughs with relief no longer feeling threatened by a redheaded guest.

Rick Junior pouts, "I'm bored can we go do something, please."

Michael looks down at him and replies in a low voice, "One day you'll appreciate standing, and talking to beautiful ladies like this, but for now why don't you go to the playground?"

Rick Junior sticks out his bottom lip, looking down, "I can't leave. I'm the chap.... Remember what dad said."

"Ah, right, my chaperone. I'm not to be alone with my date." He regards the curious looks from the ladies, and explains Rick Junior's comment, finishing with, "Cathy, if my date allows me. We should talk later. Right now, I must go--" his head turns, looking down at the two children, "where are we going?"

Cathy cocks her head, her lips turned up in a whimsical Mona-Lisa-esque smile, as she watches Michael walk toward her. His gentle brown eyes focus on hers, and he gives her a hug and a kiss on the forehead. Not wanting to lose her opportunity, wraps her arms around.

Melting into his embrace, she hears Michael say, "I'm sorry to get you wet. Thank you for being understanding about Trisha. I hope we get to talk later." She lays her head on his shoulder, feeling secure and content in his arms. His skin is warm and smooth, yet his muscles are strong and hard. She inhales, taking in his musky aroma mixed with the pool's water. This being the first time he has touched her, and with such affection, she wants it to last. He gently pulls away saying goodbye to the ladies.

Cathy turns to Linda after watching him and the kids walk off. She smiles; she can still smell Michael's aroma. "You could have told me it was Trisha."

Linda answers with a hint of mischief, "That is entirely possible. Although, I did promise I wouldn't say anything." She flicks her wrist. "Anyway, it's more fun watching your jealousy of Trisha."

"I was not jealous. I was curious--."

The three ladies roll their eyes in unison almost as if it were choreographed

Linda giggles, "My Kit Cat, you were jealous."

Cathy throws her arms up, stretching, letting out a deep breath of relief, thinking about Michael's soft lips on her forehead and strong arms around her. "Whatever," she says sweetly. "I need to check on the guests." She walks off with a skip in her step and a smile on her face, thinking, That's just what I needed.

Julie looks at Linda. "Michael seems like a nice enough guy, but not really Cathy's type. Which one is he: rich, or bad boy? Probably rich with tattoos trying to act like a bad boy, right?"

Linda fidgets with her hands. "I guess this is public record, so I can tell you: he's been to jail a few times for either fighting, assault, vandalism, and breaking and entering. He just kept piling up the charges. A few years ago, he put a few bad people in the hospital. But those charges were dropped. He's on probation for drinking and driving, which is odd because... Well I can't tell you why." She hastens to add. "So you would think he is a bad person, right? But, he's not. I would say he's the definition of a troublemaker in the eyes of the law, but is neither." She shrugs, "Does that make sense?"

*****

"Where is she?" Michael mumbles, He's gone over his plan a few times, and decides he will ask for Linda's opinion. She'll be honest. Michael sees Rick and walks up to stand next to him as he looks at the various crowds. Michael asks in a serious tone, "Rick I need your opinion. I'm going to ask Cathy out."

"Yeah, sure. Where are my kids?" Rick cranes his neck to look for them, peering on either side of Michael.

"They're with Janet getting something to eat." Michael rubs his chin trying to determine how to best explain, "Ok I have a plan. I've been thinking about this all week." Michael starts talking explaining his genius idea.

As soon as Michael is finished, Rick's brow wrinkles and eyes narrow, "Practice date? Jesus Michael, you really should have talked to me before right now."

"Never mind, I'll ask Linda."

"Yeah, She'll agree with me, you're crazy. Wait, Linda is the one you want to go out with?" Rick scratches his head, "Right?"

Michael grins, "Absolutely. She'll let me know what to do."

Rick crosses his arms across his chest looking up letting out a breath, "So, you are going to ask Linda about taking out Cathy, when you actually want to go out with Linda? Ok, now I'm just lost." Rick sighs, "Michael you are acting like one of my kids, grow a set. Get your head out of your ass, and ask the girl out. You're an idiot. I mean that in a nice way." Rick grins, "For a guy that has women coming at him every day, you're clueless."

"The first time I ask you for advice, and you call me an idiot and clueless... in a nice way, of course," Michael cocks his head furrowing his brow. "I'm telling you this will work. Thanks for the talk." Michael huffs, "I'm going to go talk to Linda. \She'll understand."

"Yeah. Okay, let me know how it goes." Rick chuckles, watching Michael walk off. At least he's doing something, I guess. "By the way you're an insane idiot," he howls after him, causing a few heads to turn and look. Rick runs his hand through his hair mumbling, "What the fuck is he thinking? I don't know about that boy. I need a drink. Where's Janet? She must have had something to do with this insanity."

Linda stands in corner by herself waiting for the ladies to return. She smiles watching Michael approaching.

He stops in front of her, returning the smile, letting out a deep breath. "Linda, I would like your opinion. I have met someone that I would like to ask out. However, I've not been on a date in a long time. I'm worried I might look desperate or idiotic."

"No you wouldn't," she answers with a warm smile, hiding her surprise, also wondering who could have caught his attention. She is a lucky woman.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. But," he pauses looking for the right words, without tipping his hand that she in fact is the one he wants to impress.

"Michael, you have women approaching you, wanting to go out all the time?"

"Yeah that's just it. I have women approach me. I've met someone that hasn't. Someone that may be interested in me, I think, I hope. I really want to find out if there is something more."

"I understand, and that's great. But, Michael be yourself, and you will be fine. I am sure more that one woman is interested in you." Linda tips her head frowning, wondering Who in the hell is this woman? He has never mentioned anyone to me. Then again, we've never talked about relationships... or dating.

He takes a deep breath, lets it out, and continues, "I was thinking that I should go on a few practice dates, you know to get comfortable. Does that make sense? I just don't want to screw up my first date with this woman. That is, if she even says yes. It's a first impression, and memory type thing. Weird?" Michael, listening to his own words starts, to think this may truly sound stupid.

"Weird, yes. Michael... you're thirty years old. I'm sure you've asked women out. Nothing has changed. I know who every you ask out will have a great time. All you have to do is ask. So what if you are a little out of practice, be yourself and everything will go well." Who the hell is she? She looks away suddenly realizing she is thinking just like Cathy.

"In the past, I would go out with women who asked me. I never had to ask. I didn't even have to try. This is different. I might get turned down. I don't deal with rejection well. So, I was thinking of asking Cathy out. You said she was a sure thing right?"

She asks, wide-eyed, "Michael, you plan on taking Cathy out to practice having sex?"

"What? No!" His mouth drops open, and he feels the heat radiating from his face as he blushes. Rubbing his face, he quickly replies, "When I say a 'sure thing', I mean that she will say yes to a date. She'll realize I'm nothing special. It'll satisfy her curiosity. In turn, she'll lose interest. I would be killing two birds with one stone. What do you think?"