All Comments on 'Hesitation'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Tyvm

My day is brighter when I see a new story with your name on it.

rml65rml65over 5 years ago
Loved it!

Thank you for writing a wonderful story and sharing it with all of us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great read

It was a great read from start to finish look forward to reading you other stories

dardefdardefover 5 years ago
category

We need a Mature/Romance category

cpl8140cpl8140over 5 years ago
Great Start To The Day

What a way to start the day off! JimBob44 strikes again. 5*(as usual).

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 5 years ago
A very fun read with some "country of Texas" included

Writing a story that stays along the lines of the way folks talk just adds some reality to it, that's my opinion anyway. No one that I ever met speaks "Microsoft spell check" English to efficiency and written to that guideline is most often boring as HELL to read.

BRAVO!!!

dardefdardefover 5 years ago
Category

We need a Romance/Mature category

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You a damn fine story teller

Great read.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 5 years ago
A lot of sex and a lot of fun!!!

I'm always up for old guys getting sexy young women.... LOL! And it seems like his new bride wants to be with him a long time. Instead of complaining about his long day while she paints her toenails at home, she shows up at the store with eats and kisses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
“Now, all of our products are hyper allergenic but are you allergic to anything that you know of?"

HYPER??

Surely you meant HYPO??

'Hyper allergenic' would mean they were likely to trigger Allergic reactions in almost everybody who used them.

Definitely NOT a good sales trick!!

dinkymacdinkymacover 5 years ago
Great story

Thanks for a really good one! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good story

I don't think you can write a bad story 5 stars as usual you neeed to think about writing a book I know I would buy it or any others you would write just think about it

A_BierceA_Bierceover 5 years ago
You write real good

Don't never stop, hear?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

great feel good read thanx for the smile

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Fun Story, Thank You

I enjoyed this a great deal, so thank you for sharing it.

heavyduty1to1heavyduty1to1over 5 years ago
Great

I loved it. In the beginning I was thinking he was going to just hit it and run but you did great.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
A good yarn!

Enjoyed reading this and the chuckles that went along with it. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

Great story! I will be reading your writings from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great

This is a great story. The detail was great. Really got to know the characters.

One of the best stories i have read in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Poor beavers

Now, why you want them poor beavers all shaved and nekkid like when winter coming?

bjaffe1bjaffe1over 5 years ago
great one

great story thanks for posting and i added you to my favorites

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

Nitpick - "Two evenings later," then you refer to "yesterday evening."

"By the time a customer had paid off the furniture and appliances" - You don't pay off a lease, that's why it's so lucrative for the store, the customer is paying forever!

She's LESS than half his age. 41-18

How many years were they married, that she just figured out 4 months ago that he was married to his job? He's 41, even if he was 30 when they married, they were married over 10 years, and she just figured it out?

Nice story overall, but I thought the narrative was a bit jumpy, and I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with the dialect.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Love

Love your down home tales, especially damsels in distress ones. Five Stars from this old reader. Thank you for it!

CrisInGACrisInGAover 5 years ago

I loved the food fight and Mustang reference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Its my pleasure

Your effort is my pleasure, thank you for bringing a smile to my world. Wishing you

the best of health. J

TiredOldMan502TiredOldMan502over 5 years ago
Common Theme - Excellent Execution

You've done the damsel in distress thing before. This time, though, the character and plot develop are subtle. Well done. Also, you mixed up the sex descriptions enough to avoid repeating yourself. I'm puzzled why so much cajun influence for a Texas setting though. Easily one of my top five favorites. Keep up the good work.

AileyInnAileyInnover 5 years ago

If you’re happy and you know it, shave a beaver! ...Priceless...

JaekartJaekartover 5 years ago
Heartwarming Story.

I was just browsing the Mature Category, and came upon this Gem. Great development of characters, from both sides of the tracks. I've been there myself, so they are all believable to me. Bravo.

oldnyeroldnyerover 5 years ago
good story but.....

You don't so much need an spell checker but an editor. Try reading the story after you write it. Now slow down and read it again. Do you see the problems? Correct the problems and read it again. Do you see more problems? Correct them etc, etc, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good job

I don't usually read stories this long because they have little or no sex in the story. This 1 had some so it was readable.

Good job.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
Hey Oldnyer

Read more of Jim Bob's work before giving the Grammar Nazi comments. He writes with a certain LA vernacular. It is purposeful. He is one of the top five writers on this site. I wouldn't want him to change a word. Thanks JB44!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Would have to be one of the best storys Ive read on here so far. Please keep up the good work.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
You tell a great story

I thought there would be a “come to Jesus” moment when all would blow up and pain and agony would visit all of them. I am gratefully amused that all went well and love triumphed over all adversity.

Thanks for an entertaining read and well written tale.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962about 5 years ago
Great Story

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite authors on Lit. I especially like the dialog between charactors and how life happens across every socio-economic background. Thanks again for another good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Some loose strings needed tied up.

Helena was feeding information to Roberta about Edward's personal life. Most employers would have considered that a conflict of interest and fired the employee.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I love your stories

No more to say...I search out your stories, time and time again...really just love them! Though I'd also love to read the story of the black girl and cop from "Honey, etc."

Derk_DigglerDerk_Diggleralmost 5 years ago
Awesome

A great feel good story! Thanks so much!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Great story!. Loved the characters and their interaction. Loved the plot and the pace of the story. Anybody give you gruff about the story, ask them how much they paid for it. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyable.

Enjoyed the story. Great cast of characters. (too bad they don't speak English)

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago
Enjoyable as always

This made me laugh. A lot:

"At least there wasn't a food fight," Edward said. "Even if your Paw-paw does drive a Mustang."

Something tells me you remember StarStang's tradition with his Thanksgiving stories!

Thank you for another fantastic story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thanks for a great read!

Marvelous story!!!! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed It 2nd or 3rd reading

Some of the grammar/language Nazis apparently are not familiar with Cajun/LA speech. I worked several years in LA offshore oil drilling industry. I have many fond memories of the Cajun speech patterns. I would listen for hours, only talking to get the to talk more. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoyed the story. 5*

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Loved it

Was skeptical because I typically do not read mature stories, you knocked it out of the park though great job.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 3 years ago

It took me a bit to w arm up to the story. The drawl I understand but seemed a bit much for me. Maybe a little more specific when jumping into the future. Overall it was a fun read. Thanks for writing JimBob44

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

5 stars. You did a great job of painting the scene. I'm from there, and your story took me straight back. I could almost hear the unique sound of footsteps in the trailer, so different from walking in a house with a foundation. Good main characters, (although with a lot of the side characters, it was tough to keep track at times) and too much anal too soon for my tastes, but a happy ending, so yay!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unreadable, I don't care if your trying to imitate the southern drawl , do they write like that too? This isn't a movie it's literature. Plus the main character is shown to be a douche bag right from the get go. Hard to care about him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks again for your story telling, another 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it a lot.

sentiantonesentiantoneover 2 years ago

Great story. Glad your still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I spent a little time over at Fort Polk many moons ago, but didn't really get to know any of the people there. Just the guys in Echo 4-2 and Delta 2-3. But these stories are about people. Some turn your stomach; others bring tears to your eyes; and some warm your heart. I think I've read each of your stories at least three times. Keep it up, my friend; you're writing these stories for our pleasure as well. Happy New Year, everyone.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Quite a tale. 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If I ever get past being Anon I will be samm4906. I really like some of your attention to detail. Still chuckling over 'banged his knee, had to put the seat back'. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Roberta screwed up, the stupid idiot. Terri actually proved she loved Edward with all her heart. He proved he loved her by giving his name to THEIR first child. Proved she loved him again, by saying he was going to bqe a daddy again. He is her HUSBAND,,,

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Edward really is just a sucker for kids. Besides her looks and personality, her brother and sister drew him in. She gave him a big family to love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story!

WinstonWoodpeckerWinstonWoodpeckerabout 1 year ago

The sheer fecundity of your characters never does cease to amaze me, but I say that with a :) .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

10 stars! Wonderful story. Terri may be young, but from the time she met him, she loved her husband without question Even being with child, she probably would have beaten Roberta bloody for hurting Edward, the father of his namesake and father of Terri Deubler's new baby she has in her oven. Unconditional love!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was fun. And, oh the joy of a family fight at thanksgiving. Lol 5 stars. DMW aka Sumnut

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Good times. Thanks.

DwarfLord50DwarfLord505 months ago

That was a lot of fun. I’ve always enjoyed stories where you see something kinda broken get rebuilt into something good and strong. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

quite surprising ,at first you think he's just a letch,perving on a young pregnant girl . then he actually changes from being sort of a dirty old man into a likable guy . kinda sneaks up on being a nice guy,and the age difference doesn't seem to matter in the end . very good, ,thanks .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5054 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories