All Comments on 'Heterochromia'

by carrteun

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 4 years ago

Thanks for a gorgeous story! When they finally got together half way through I was worried about waht might happen, but it just flowed. 5* definitely!

ag2507ag2507almost 4 years ago

Loved it: but did you have to give the story away on the first page? Too many lit authors fall for the 'i have to explain everything before we start syndrome' which in most cases rooms the story from the start. All of that school background could have been drip fed through the next three or four pages and even heightened the tension.

BigHornyMeBigHornyMealmost 4 years ago
Moving

Beautiful story. Well done. Worth every of the five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

This is how a romance story should be written. I loved the story and the characters. I liked the plot and the flow of the story. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. Thanks for your time and imagination.

Ada StuartAda Stuartalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic story

I just love this one :-) Thanks for sharing :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Phenomenal

Great background and character development. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Characters

Felt a strong connection to the story being very familiar with Davis Elementary School. I thought you would somehow return to the genetic trait you reference in the title. The baby was a perfect opportunity. BTW, yours is the second story published in this section of Lit this week referencing heterochromia. I had never heard of it before. Keep writing.

FormerReaderFormerReaderalmost 4 years ago
Lifetime

I like a good romance, I really do. Heterochromia was an unusual hook to base the story around. But I had to stop about halfway through page 3. The constant "will they wont they" got tiring. I seriously began to wonder if this had been written by a script writer for the Lifetime movie Network or something. I'm pretty sure it all ends well but I did not feel like slogging through all the drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Fiction

What a superb tale . I loved the story line and am now going to check your titles page in the hope I`ll find lots more to enjoy . Many Thanks . I voted a 5 of course .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A fine story

I enjoyed this one a lot. I don’t agree with the commenter that found the “romantic tension” overdone. I appreciate the development of somewhat complex characters, even if that takes some time.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Great Storytelling

You told a wonderful tale here. It had a good amount of details to really draw you in and that in my opinion just makes for a very fine story.

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501almost 4 years ago
agree with "Formerreader"

I just couldn't gather up any like for Paula. I like your writing. It is wonderful, but Paula...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Once they got together...

the rest was, quite frankly, rather boring. No real tension or significant plot issues for the last several pages, just narrative.

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

This is a nice story that rambles along at its own pace. One commenter used the word "boring," which I think is totally wrong. It isn't the fast pace of a lot of what is up here on Lit, but the story moves along nicely. The writer stops to smell the roses of the details a lot, and that's fun.

THANKS

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 3 years ago
I thought it was great, and I did like Paula.

After my second reading, I thought I'd comment. I only read the romance genre on Lit and there's too many stories that are rushed and have everlasting love develop over a few days, sometimes after a single date. This one felt more realistic and I liked it. It really belongs in the Romance category. I especially like a smart woman character like Paula. Thanks for the story.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

Wow, well done. 5⭐️

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

I forgot to add - LOVE the title, it's what caught my interest. It really stands out from all the blatant "Henry Gets Laid/Susan Finds A Sugar Daddy" kind of titles

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051about 2 years ago

I think the issue I have is with daft men. You have clients and make deals all day long, but you can't decipher a woman's OBVIOUS intent? Is this why rich men give all their money to the women in their lives once they split? It irritates me to no end. I had to move beyond the idiot being played with by this woman due to his lack of problem-solving skills.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 2 years ago

Adore your relentless SURPRISES!!

Nice work!

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Sweet story. I really enjoy your submissions, thanks for writing

edwusaedwusaover 1 year ago

Fun and interesting with an oddly disconnected ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story kept my interest, entertaining for sure. I did have a scratch the head moment. A stripper that doesn't remove their clothes... hmmm doesn't sound like a stripper to me. I think you call that a dancer. It just caused me to internally question her story. A stripper that doesn't strip... what else is she lying about?

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 1 year ago

Third story in a row I've read from you and the third I've given 5 stars...

That said, you still kinda phone your endings in and once again I agree with other commenters that you pretty much suck at writing good endings.

Seriously though! All your stories have interesting characters, great story lines and are wonderfully exiting to read, only to be let down by the last page or so when it feels like either you've given up or stopped caring.

I can sort of get the need to wrap up a story and get it done, but try to resist that urge.

Let the story go for a couple of days, and think about what you need to do to honor the characters you've spent that much time with, and then write an ending that does justice to them.

avp92117avp9211711 months ago

Odd ending, very good until then.

olddave51olddave517 months ago

Very nice, happy ending, family acceptance- what more would you want?

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

This was really good. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey194 months ago

Excellent, no issues. 5 from me

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

This one was amusing. I really liked the banter back and forth between the two. My favorite was Paula carried over the shoulder to the bedroom. It was fun to read and Paula kept the reader on its toes.

5 of course

Take care

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I thought it might drag a bit when I saw 8 pages, but it all great. You built a wonderful world for the tale, unless it’s all true. 😎

😏5*

Tc

LovesDancingLovesDancing3 months ago

You are an incredible writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercarrteun@carrteun
9/19/2023 It has been over a year since I last posted something. I have a story almost ready for Halloween, the first time I've tried to construct a story for that holiday. Just a section of rewrite and a final editing check before it's done. It will be ready in time for the H...