Heterochromia

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Paula called at three.

'Hi, what's up?' I asked.

'I hate to do it, Josh, but I have to cancel dinner tonight. My father called. He's coming in to Grand Central in a couple hours and wants to stay with me through Tuesday morning. He got a call this morning. He's needed at meetings tomorrow and Monday.' I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

I tried my best not to sound too upset. 'I won't try to tell you I'm not disappointed,' I said. 'I was looking forward to seeing you tonight. I'm still embarrassed that I fell asleep last night. I was looking forward to staying awake this evening.'

Paula laughed. 'Were you now? Expecting another invitation to spend the night?'

'Expecting? No. But a guy can always hope.' I hesitated a moment before adding. 'I'm just glad you're still talking to me at this point.'

She laughed again. 'That remains to be seen. I'm still deciding whether to give you a chance to acquit yourself. I'll continue to think about it. In the meantime, I have to say goodbye now. I need to do some cleaning and organizing before my father arrives. Then go to Grand Central to meet him. My father is brilliant, but he can't seem to find his way anywhere. We joke he gets lost going to the end of the driveway to get the mail.'

I couldn't resist laughing though I hadn't meant to. 'How does he get from Millbrook to Poughkeepsie when he goes to work?' I asked.

'My mother drives. He tried to go to work one time when she was sick. For some reason, he got on the Taconic. Northbound. He didn't realize he was going the wrong way until he saw a sign for the New State Thruway. My sister-in-law had to go get him and lead him home.'

'You're pulling my leg. Right?'

Paula took a deep breath before she answered. 'If only. Dad gets thinking about something and just goes on automatic pilot. If he stays focused, he's okay. The problem is keeping him focused on such a mundane matter as navigating. He might get lost in Grand Central if I don't meet him.' She was laughing now but the laugh didn't sound right. Something was wrong. 'He's not quite that bad. He'd find his way to the street and get a cab okay. But I couldn't ask him to find his way around on the subway. He'd end up in Brooklyn. We're going to grab a bite somewhere before coming home.'

'So, he's the stereotypical absent-minded professor?' I was laughing along with her now.

'No, he's the prototypical example,' she was giggling uncontrollably now.

Something was wrong. The conversation had been amusing but not this funny. My brother, sister, and I sometimes had a laugh at our parent's foibles. But something about this seemed off. 'Are you okay, Paula?' I asked.

Paula stopped giggling. 'Actually, I'm not. I was looking forward to ending a long dry spell last night, but you fell asleep. I planned on giving you another chance tonight but now I must keep my father company. I finally meet someone that isn't a self-absorbed ass and the stars and planets seem to be conspiring against me. I don't know how else to put it, Josh. But I need to get laid or I'm going to scream and jump out my window.'

I swallowed a laugh. Not because what she said wasn't funny. But I felt laughing was no longer appropriate to her demeanor. I doubted she'd jump out her window. I had to weigh carefully what I said next. I decided I wanted to make clear my interest but also make sure she understood I wasn't just looking to get laid and didn't want to be only a means to an end.

'Paula, I'd like nothing more than to spend the night making love to you. But I'm not interested in a superficial relationship based purely upon sex. I hope you want to sleep with me because you're interested in me for more than just getting laid.'

That seemed to take the wind out of her sails. I could almost feel her manic state deflate. The next thing I heard were sniffles. Great, I'd made her cry. I wanted to kick myself. It seemed like this dance Paula and I had been engaged in was more complicated than I'd realized. I suspected she was more deeply invested than she knew. She did tell me one reason she was turning down a lucrative employment offer was to continue to see me.

'I have to go,' Paula said.

'Paula, . . .' That was all I got out. The connection was already dead.

I began to text her immediately. I started to apologize for upsetting her. I wasn't sure what was happening with her was entirely my fault. But I had learned with my ex-wife that the best course when she was upset was to apologize. But before I sent the text, I had a second thought. Maybe constantly apologizing was the root of what became the void in my marriage. I changed my mind. I erased the text I'd already composed and took a different tack. Instead, I told her I felt bad that she was upset. That I hoped she was as interested in a long-term relationship as I was. I would do everything I could to move in that direction. But in the end, it was up to her.

I didn't hear from Paula for the rest of the weekend. I called several times over the next week, but my calls just went to voice mail. I left messages the first few times. The last one, on Friday evening, was short and simple. 'I like you, Paula. I've made my overtures to your affections. It's your move.'

By the following Friday, I was certain I had my answer. I hadn't heard from Paula for nearly two weeks. I worked later than usual for Friday. Stopped to grab some take-out Chinese on the way home and settled in for a quiet Friday night. And the kind of weekend I'd become used to after my divorce.

Just before ten, I was considering turning in for the night when there was a knock at my door. From the pattern, I knew exactly who it was. Maria lived across the hall from me. I met her the first day I was in the building. My door was open almost all day as the delivery men from the various stores delivered what I needed to put together my new apartment. She showed up at my door, holding a casserole she called Pastel de Choclo in hot-gloved hands and a bottle of Chilean Malbec under her arm. Just as the last delivery men were leaving. Seeing her there was something of a surprise. I never thought of Manhattan dwellers as being particularly neighborly. Maria, and her slightly askew, Spanish-infused English became a good friend.

I was already in my sleeping garb, loose fitting work-out shorts and a vintage Pink Floyd tee shirt. I opened the door and greeted Maria, wondering what she wanted so late. I feared something was wrong. I invited her in, but she stayed put. I could see her apartment door was open behind her.

'I yust get home, Josh. There is woman at lobby door. She try to figure ring which apartment. I ask who she look for. She tell me ju. I little suspicious she not know apartment to ring. I leave her there. Tell her I ring super and have him ring ju.'

'What did she look like?' I asked. I hoped it was Paula, but worried it might be my ex for some reason. She knew where I lived and could easily reach me at work, but we didn't stay in touch. I hadn't given her my new cell number after I moved to the city.

'She look like I take her in if I no have Sandy,' she answered with a grin. Maria had a thing for blondes. It had to be Paula. My ex was a brunette.

'Thanks, Maria. I'll tell her where I am and buzz her in.'

Paula was dragging a carry-on suitcase and had a garment bag over her shoulder. I wondered why she came to see me after a trip rather than go home.

'Hi,' I said.

She didn't say anything at first, just looked up at me. 'Are you going to let me in?' she asked after standing in the doorway for a moment.

I stepped aside to let her in and then closed the door. She walked down the hallway like she owned the place, turned into the spare bedroom, left her bags, and returned to where I stood in the living room. Wondering what the hell was going on.

'What are you doing, Paula?' I asked, completely bewildered.

Her answer was a passionate kiss. When she broke it, she stepped back and looked up at me. 'Don't talk, Josh. Let me have my say. I'm sorry I was such a wreck last time we spoke. I needed to get laid. Badly. Still do. But my father screwed up my plans. I planned a nice dinner then I was going to come back here and fuck you half to death before going home. But what you said took me by surprise. I was interested in you like I already told you. But I thought we'd keep it casual. What you said put me back on my heels. It made me think.' She stopped talking for a moment but put up her hand to indicate she wasn't done.

'I've thought about what you said and what I wanted. I didn't answer your calls because, like your last message said, the next move was mine. And I wasn't sure what I should do. I know now. I'm giving you what you're looking for. The chance to explore the possibility of something long-term, maybe even permanent. But I'm also taking what I want. Which is the same and yet not the same. If you're still interested.'

'So, what's with the luggage? Are you moving in?' I asked. I was still a bit bewildered. Despite the fun we had together, we had engaged in a bit of a strange, disjointed dance. Neither partner hearing the same tune. I had the same feeling in my gut as on the day my college girlfriend suggested moving into my apartment during junior year. I was thrilled. I was scared. I was uneasy and ambivalent that the woman in my life was taking the initiative, making a commitment.

'I expect to spend some nights here. Nights I hope neither of us will get much sleep. If I'm to avoid going to work wearing the same clothes two days in a row, I'll need something to change into.'

'Going to work? You found a job? Since we last spoke?'

Paula smiled. 'Of course, I found a job. Did you think a talented attorney like me would remain unemployed forever? I start Monday. Now I have some questions for you. Josh Smithy, do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?'

'I will.' I wasn't sure what she was going to question me about, but I could play along.

'Are you still interested in pursuing a long-term relationship with Paula Czeska?'

'I am,' I responded, fighting back a smile.

'Will you provide a place for some clothing, good food and drink, and a welcoming bed on those nights she's visiting?'

'I can do that.'

'Do you promise not to undermine her self-confidence by falling asleep on those nights she offers herself up for mutual pleasure and debauchery?'

I laughed. 'No, but I'll do my best.'

'And if that's not acceptable?'

'Then I guess she'll either figure out how to get over it or find another bed for said debauchery.'

Paula playfully pushed me away. 'Ouch! I knew you'd be difficult. I guess I can overlook the occasional exhausted collapse.'

'Just wait until tax season,' I told her with a smile. 'That's when you'll have to contend with exhaustion.'

'I guess I'll just stay at my place during tax season. Though I'm going to hate going back to Bob for gratification.'

The last comment raised my eyebrows. 'Bob? Who's Bob?'

'Relax. Bob is an acronym. Battery operated boyfriend,' she said with a big grin.

I laughed. 'Okay, let's go find some room for your stuff.' I turned to go down the hallway.

'Uh, Josh? Is it Friday night? Which would make tomorrow Saturday?' Paula asked.

I stopped short. 'And neither of us has to go anywhere in the morning,' I responded.

'Could there be something more urgent than putting away my clothes?' Paula asked as she grasped the waist of my shorts and stepped toward me. 'Should you, perhaps, be addressing more immediate and urgent needs?'

Typical attorney, I thought. Never ask a question if the answer isn't already known. So, I did something I was sure she didn't already know would happen. I picked her up, tossed her over my shoulder a little roughly, and carried her toward my bedroom. She shrieked in surprise.

'Put me down!' she cried, giggling. Kicking her feet and writhing like a trapped animal trying to escape.

I ignored her pleas until I managed to get us through the door to my bedroom. I somehow managed to get through the door without banging her against the doorframe. An accomplishment of some note considering how much she fought against being carried. Once I returned her to her feet, she pulled me into an embrace that set me ablaze and fueled my hopes.

Paula pushed me away after a moment and then stepped back. 'Stay put, caveman,' she said with a smile.

Paula walked over to my bed and pressed on the mattress, testing it. She turned back to face me and kicked off her pumps. She aimed the second shoe right at me and kicked it hard enough that I caught at chest level. She ran her hands along the outside of her legs until she reached her hips. The bright green silk skirt she wore fit loosely, slit up the left side to mid-thigh. She turned her leg outward and lifted her leg high, bent at the knee. Her skirt slid up her thigh, exposing her entire leg. Slender, shapely. Utterly enticing. Then she did something I never expected. In a move one might see during the Olympics women's floor exercises, she straightened her leg and slowly raised it until her toes were pointed at the ceiling! Her torso was pitched at an angle that allowed her to maintain her balance.

She slowly lowered her leg to the floor and popped the button on the waist of her skirt. It fell to the floor and stepped out of it. I watched, fascinated by the spectacle. She caught the skirt with her foot, bent her leg as she lifted it and flicked the skirt at me. It landed on my shoulder, evoking a grin I didn't try to suppress. Her eyes locked on mine as she smoothly unbuttoned the blouse that covered her torso, hips, and upper thighs. She threw her shoulders back and the blue silk fluttered to the floor.

All she wore now was a pale blue body suit that covered her torso but left little to the imagination. She kicked with one leg and spun on her toes like a dancer, stopping with her left side toward me. She leaned back, slowly arching her back until she formed a bridge. Once her hands were on the floor, she kicked back into a handstand. She maintained the handstand and turned until her back was toward me and spread her legs until they were parallel to the floor. She brought her legs back together, upright, arched her back so severely that her feet pointed toward me, looking up at me with a grin. The strain and concentration of what she was doing showed on her face. She straightened her body and her legs, lowered one leg forward toward the floor, smoothly transitioned through another bridge into a standing position, barely a foot away from me. She stepped toward me and leaned against my chest, embracing me tightly.

I welcomed her embrace. Her body was warm against mine. Her breaths were even, relaxed, as if what she had just done was effortless. I held her tightly to me with my eyes closed, relishing the feel and smell of her. It felt wonderful to finally hold her. To feel her body against mine. I felt her head move away from my chest. I opened my eyes and saw her looking up at me.

There was nothing I wanted more at that moment than to taste her lips. I leaned down and touched my lips softly to hers. She accepted my kiss readily. The touch so light I barely felt her lips on mine. But it electrified my entire body.

Paula sighed softly when our lips separated. 'Josh, that was the nicest first kiss I've ever had,' she whispered.

'We've kissed before,' I responded quietly as I leaned toward her again.

'Not like that,' she gasped just before our lips met again.

This time when our lips met, the need was more urgent. Paula wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a passionate embrace. We stood and explored each other's lips and mouths with our tongues. She sucked my tongue softly when she caught it between her lips. Paula's hands went to my shoulders and she hopped up, wrapping her legs around my waist, locking her feet together behind my back, and her arms around my neck.

I held her buttocks to help support her weight but truthfully, she seemed weightless. I squeezed her cheeks softly, getting rewarded with a moan into our kiss. She loosened her grip on me and slid down a little, arching her back. She suddenly wasn't as lightweight as she had been at first. She wriggled her groin against my cock and sighed.

'We don't have to stand here, Josh,' she whispered. 'There's a perfectly good bed right behind me.'

I carried her to my bed and gently set her down. I stood and pulled my shirt over my head while Paula pulled my shorts down. I heard three snaps pop while my head was still stuck inside my tee shirt. When I could see again, the crotch of Paula's body suit was undone and had already ridden up to her waist. She was on her back already, knees up but together.

Paula's neatly trimmed pubic hair was the same color as the hair on her head, nearly invisible. I fell forward and gently pushed my face between her legs. I kissed the inside of her thighs and gently nibbled at skin covering firm thighs. I heard her sigh. My mouth watered at the prospect of moving closer to the pale, yellow treat just inches away.

Paula had a different plan. She grabbed my hair with both hands and pulled firmly. 'Up here, Josh. Kiss me again,' she begged.

I was happy to answer her call, knowing I'd have other opportunities to feast upon the nectar of her delicate flower. I slid up the length of her torso. She licked her lips and pulled me into a toe-curling exploration of my mouth. When she broke the kiss, she slid down the bed, hooked her feet on my hips and rotated her hips up off the bed. My erection slid smoothly into her warm, moist depths. Paula took in a deep breath as I slid into her and let it out in a long, slow expression of relief.

Though it felt good to be inside her, I never intended to get there so quickly. I was looking forward to taking my time. Learning her rhythms, her most intimate secrets and desires. Taking the time to learn what excited her. To discover what would make her want to share her bed with me. Exploring ways to make her want to come back to me again and again.

Paula opened her eyes and looked up at me once the initial sense of relief had passed. I saw only contentment and bliss in her eyes.

'I've wanted you for weeks, Josh. I've needed to feel you inside me,' she whispered. 'We'll learn about each other later. We have all night. We have this weekend and more. But right now, I want you to fuck me, Josh. Fuck me hard. Take me. Use me for your own pleasure. Fuck me like you're too excited to hold back.' Her voice was husky, deeper than usual. All the while, she was undulating under me. Her hips rising and falling, moving me in and out of her.

Paula's little show already had me incredibly aroused. If I accommodated her demand, I'd most likely finish far too quickly to suit her. Or myself for that matter.

Paula sensed my hesitation. 'Don't think, Josh. Don't worry about anything. Just fuck me hard. Use me. Take me. It's what I want. It's what I need. It's what I crave.'

I stood upright on my knees, lifting her hips to me. I was already inside her, but I pushed against her harder, forcing her hips apart, as wide as they had been when she did the split during her handstand. I pulled back and drove into her again. Hard. When my hips slapped against her buttocks, she grunted and her whole body shuddered. Already hard nipples became jagged peaks in the stretchy material of the body suit, tight across her chest. I pulled out and drove into her again. Her breasts rippled from the impact of my hips.

'Yes, Josh,' she whispered. 'That's what I want. Don't stop. Keep fucking me just like that!'

I held her hips tightly, her butt high off the bed as I slammed into her again. Paula cried out and shook violently. I thought I'd hurt her for a second. But the cry became a sigh.

123456...8